Gardening

Gracii Guns

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The flowers aren't mine, they just grew threw the fence again :lol: 

Haha! If only we were all so lucky. *The Prime Minstrel recommends using a glory hole to prevent COIVD joke goes here* lol

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

All my plants are in small-medium pots so I can move them around or take them indoors.

Thats right, I remember that now. Weed in the white pot?

6 minutes ago, cineater said:

Okay Soon, I'm not seeing a concert anywhere tonight.

Me neither :( 

• Haha 1

I didn't find it.

Susan and I took apart her desk but her stint started bleeding.  Happens if you're too active after surgery.  So, the movers come Wednesday.  She may not be able to pack up the house on Tuesday.  I can do it and maybe DJ can help.  

Donna dropped me off 2 hydrangea bushes.  I have one but I may only need one more for my yard.  Need to see what kind of light they need.

21 minutes ago, cineater said:

I didn't find it.

Susan and I took apart her desk but her stint started bleeding.  Happens if you're too active after surgery.  So, the movers come Wednesday.  She may not be able to pack up the house on Tuesday.  I can do it and maybe DJ can help.  

Donna dropped me off 2 hydrangea bushes.  I have one but I may only need one more for my yard.  Need to see what kind of light they need.

Ouch. Poor Susan being so busy when she needs to rest. Your so cool, Cin!

Maybe Caleb will want a Hydrangea?

Is Saturday Night over too?? :( 

21 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, that's my little Blueberry X Super Lemon Haze in the white pot. Sugar Rush peppers in the other pots.

And you cross-pollinated them yourself iirc?? Awesome! Sugar Rush looking happy too! 

• Like 1

Nothing like a big medical condition and a good dose of painkillers to bring it all into perspective. :lol:  Susan is doing good.  

Yeah I think the Dead shows are done for the moment.  They promised to give us something later.  It's okay, I need the break.

You're going to like this.  I'm jazzed up again about what I had wanted to do as the overall garden lead.  I'm thinking, if they will have me, I will be their leader.  I would like a colead or a small team of 2 or 3 people to help me.  As you know, I have a lot of things I want to get done.

Marsha might have figured out that dead smell coming from Brian's yard.  I saw a bag of stuff to keep flies away and I noticed he's been cooking something.  She thinks he's drying out an animal skin. :blink:

Edited by cineater

10 hours ago, cineater said:

Nothing like a big medical condition and a good dose of painkillers to bring it all into perspective. :lol:  Susan is doing good.  

Yeah I think the Dead shows are done for the moment.  They promised to give us something later.  It's okay, I need the break.

You're going to like this.  I'm jazzed up again about what I had wanted to do as the overall garden lead.  I'm thinking, if they will have me, I will be their leader.  I would like a colead or a small team of 2 or 3 people to help me.  As you know, I have a lot of things I want to get done.

Marsha might have figured out that dead smell coming from Brian's yard.  I saw a bag of stuff to keep flies away and I noticed he's been cooking something.  She thinks he's drying out an animal skin. :blink:

Good for Susan :lol:

Theres all sorts of shows online, but its just not the same as watching together, along with the whole world.

Yay! I love it. Be a lead! :dance:

Brian's getting a little creepy back there :lol: When it gets to the point of burning his wifes clothing while he wears a raw hide, I think intervention becomes necessary. 

It's either be overall lead or run for president and I might do both. :lol:  Then again I might do neither and just go back to being a member.  Brian always has that little bit creepy side to him. 

No rain this week.  I'm going to have to remember to water my containers.  I think I've only watered them a couple of times all year.

3 hours ago, cineater said:

It's either be overall lead or run for president and I might do both. :lol:  Then again I might do neither and just go back to being a member.  Brian always has that little bit creepy side to him. 

No rain this week.  I'm going to have to remember to water my containers.  I think I've only watered them a couple of times all year.

Same with me about remembering to water. Even now as I say it, I dont seem to intend to do it today, because I havent barely altered for over a month either. Was spoiled!

I bet you will do both! :lol: Being a member is great too!

EDIT: We are getting yet another sustained downpour! I got caught in it. bathed and laundered :lol:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

Well, fuck.  Susan's dad is back in the hospital along with my brother.  Getting her packed up is not going to be a clear shot.

That's twice I've been told the steering committee doesn't want to talk about losing Rm C.  I don't know all the facts and can't push my conclusions on them.  I told them all I know in my last response.  They think it's an idea being floated out there and it sounds more like it's firming up the final details to me.  The Extension hasn't got the money to change that space over to offices and hope they find someone wanting to rent.  Why would you tell us the design of the room if the University wasn't already planning on moving in there with the agreement they were bringing temporary walls with them for the program they want to place there?  I've been through too many state consolidations of departments not to recognize when the deal is almost complete.

26 minutes ago, cineater said:

Well, fuck.  Susan's dad is back in the hospital along with my brother.  Getting her packed up is not going to be a clear shot.

That's twice I've been told the steering committee doesn't want to talk about losing Rm C.  I don't know all the facts and can't push my conclusions on them.  I told them all I know in my last response.  They think it's an idea being floated out there and it sounds more like it's firming up the final details to me.  The Extension hasn't got the money to change that space over to offices and hope they find someone wanting to rent.  Why would you tell us the design of the room if the University wasn't already planning on moving in there with the agreement they were bringing temporary walls with them for the program they want to place there?  I've been through too many state consolidations of departments not to recognize when the deal is almost complete.

Your brother is in the hospital???

He slipped and hit his head in the shower which caused a stroke.  He has slurred speech and some paralysis.  This would be his second stroke.  They took him to the floor instead of ICU so that's something positive.  This is my youngest brother.  He's only 58.  Men in my family die young from stuff like this although lifestyle choices didn't help the first time around.

Spilling my guts got their attention.  I don't know what they think about my saying I support the plan and even if they don't close down C, I think we should move to the library.  Different view but I'm looking in the same direction as Alex and Justin.  Going after the business instead of waiting for it to come to us.

Simone hasn't been home all weekend.  Never mind, she showed up, ate and went back out.

Mike also smelled that dead smell coming from Brian's yard.  He hadn't seen me in a few days and thought it might be me. :lol:

Edited by cineater

12 hours ago, cineater said:

He slipped and hit his head in the shower which caused a stroke.  He has slurred speech and some paralysis.  This would be his second stroke.  They took him to the floor instead of ICU so that's something positive.  This is my youngest brother.  He's only 58.  Men in my family die young from stuff like this although lifestyle choices didn't help the first time around.

Spilling my guts got their attention.  I don't know what they think about my saying I support the plan and even if they don't close down C, I think we should move to the library.  Different view but I'm looking in the same direction as Alex and Justin.  Going after the business instead of waiting for it to come to us.

Simone hasn't been home all weekend.  Never mind, she showed up, ate and went back out.

Mike also smelled that dead smell coming from Brian's yard.  He hadn't seen me in a few days and thought it might be me. :lol:

Im so sorry to hear this, Cin :hug:That is good news about not being in ICU. That is too young. Is the head wound very bad on its own? Is he near by? Theres too much of this stuff going on in your world.

I see what you mean about moving out not the community. Library was all you!

Glad Simone popped in. What an explorer she is! Beaker now morning calls me when he hears a neighbour stirring, before sunrise. I havent woken up before sunrise since the lockdown.

Haha, good one Mike! lol Drying out a hide shouldnt smell that bad unless he didn't scrap in down well enough. 

Will you be seeing your brother?

Probably not, they only allow one visitor at a time.  Depends on how long he stays.  His wife and he are pretty close and he feels best when she is there.  Don't know much about his condition.  My job in the family is everybody's mental health and seeing they come through this crisis.  My daughter is the stroke nurse and she's on it.

When it's cat weather, Simone is out the door. :lol:  I think she is cautious about coming in because I may leave and she'd be stuck in here for a while.  She did spend some time with me but it was outside.  Miss Lily and I are enjoying our garden this morning.  Purrfect weather for cats and humans this week.

Mike and I kind of worry about dying and nobody finding us for a while.  He came home last night and tried to get his father to go to the ER but the father got feeling better.  Not another person in the hospital this week!  I'm at my limit. :lol:

26 minutes ago, cineater said:

Probably not, they only allow one visitor at a time.  Depends on how long he stays.  His wife and he are pretty close and he feels best when she is there.  Don't know much about his condition.  My job in the family is everybody's mental health and seeing they come through this crisis.  My daughter is the stroke nurse and she's on it.

When it's cat weather, Simone is out the door. :lol:  I think she is cautious about coming in because I may leave and she'd be stuck in here for a while.  She did spend some time with me but it was outside.  Miss Lily and I are enjoying our garden this morning.  Purrfect weather for cats and humans this week.

Mike and I kind of worry about dying and nobody finding us for a while.  He came home last night and tried to get his father to go to the ER but the father got feeling better.  Not another person in the hospital this week!  I'm at my limit. :lol:

Oh Karens on it?!?! I feel much better now. :headbang::headbang: You've got so much care giving on your plate lately. I hope he'll reagin his full speech. And Im so happy his wife is there.

You and Lily are a good team. Simone the adventurer gotta be free to roam :lol:

Id know!! But yeah, dont judge Beaker when they find him eating my face off. :lol:

I should probably set up a daily text with the kid but I really don't want her to be the one to find my dead body.  Although she sees dead bodies all the time.

Susan kept telling me she had moving boxes.  They were mail shipping boxes!  I had to go dumpster diving at the recycling center. :lol:  I did get half of her house packed up today.

Talked to Alex, think he's lying, but he assures me it's only an idea being floated out there about losing that room.  We'll leave it at that but my group is loving the library meeting idea.

My brother is talking and feeling better.  Not sure about the paralysis.  I'll check in with the wife tonight when she gets home. 

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I should probably set up a daily text with the kid but I really don't want her to be the one to find my dead body.  Although she sees dead bodies all the time.

Susan kept telling me she had moving boxes.  They were mail shipping boxes!  I had to go dumpster diving at the recycling center. :lol:  I did get half of her house packed up today.

Talked to Alex, think he's lying, but he assures me it's only an idea being floated out there about losing that room.  We'll leave it at that but my group is loving the library meeting idea.

My brother is talking and feeling better.  Not sure about the paralysis.  I'll check in with the wife tonight when she gets home. 

Youre gonna be around for decades to come. All this hospital stuff has you a bit morbid. Makes sense. But we of the cheesy potatoes and gardening ilk are mighty!

Never trust the word of someone on pills! :lol: You are a true friend. Well done with all that packing! I hope benny didnt lay anymore bad mojo on you! :lol:

I personally believe 100% he is lying. And I trust your assessment of things. And I think the library is a great option. But I do fear you giving up the room and the land. Thats the tangible things that make you exist as a group. I fear if you yield that, you have no more power to negotiate. After that they cancel funding and thats that?? I hate to be negative. Like I say I defer to your judgment. But Im gonna stick in this role of doomsday prepper for you, just so we have a balance of things. I feel tapped into his millennial psyche :lol:

Yay - Im so glad to hear that he's taking and feeling better!!! Im sending you and yours all my love today.

We got another tornado warning!

Edited by soon

Oh we're not leaving the property.  We're just leaving the meeting room.  When he talked to me today he acted like I started all this panic.  Telling me without knowing everything it just gets people upset.  I know that, I pointed that out to him and initially told him I wasn't going to talk about it and would let him present it when it was time.  I was holding to that until he went behind my back and tried to give away the native beds.  I purposely started this blow up.  I've got a good 30 years of experience with this sort of thing on him.  Secured the native beds, re-established the chain of command and came up with a better chair to sit my ass in. :lol: 

Where do you go during a tornado?

I did check in with Susan on the pills.  She made some comment about getting loopy tonight with them.  Oh don't test me, you know I'm going to respond.  Think she just wanted to know I was keeping an eye on her.  Her dad is staying a few more days.

I won't go willingly but you can't say I don't have a few things coming. :lol:

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Oh we're not leaving the property.  We're just leaving the meeting room.  When he talked to me today he acted like I started all this panic.  Telling me without knowing everything it just gets people upset.  I know that, I pointed that out to him and initially told him I wasn't going to talk about it and would let him present it when it was time.  I was holding to that until he went behind my back and tried to give away the native beds.  I purposely started this blow up.  I've got a good 30 years of experience with this sort of thing on him.  Secured the native beds, re-established the chain of command and came up with a better chair to sit my ass in. :lol: 

Where do you go during a tornado?

I did check in with Susan on the pills.  She made some comment about getting loopy tonight with them.  Oh don't test me, you know I'm going to respond.  Think she just wanted to know I was keeping an eye on her.  Her dad is staying a few more days.

I won't go willingly but you can't say I don't have a few things coming. :lol:

Oh I see. I thought a bunch of the gardens were moving out. You are kicking ass, boss! :lol:

Id just stay in for a tornado if I were home. The alerts just say to "take shelter." :lol: When there was one right were I am I just happened to be like 'once a year level stoned' having just bought a new vape. The power was out since the beginning of the storm so by the time of the tornado I had my phone plugged into my solar power bank and I listened to roast battle comedy while a tornado rolled through :lol: What about you? Where do you go during a tornado? I have no idea what Im supposed to do?

Susan Dad is still hospitalized? Man. Im glad Susan is keeping you in the.. loopy loop (?) lol. Any word on your brother?

You smoke, I know that. You seem fairly clean living beyond that?

We had talked about what if we had to move out some of the gardens but we won't.  I do think it's a better idea to have gardens out in the community where people are instead of waiting for them to come to us.  But I'm working on getting more people there.

No new developments on anybody in the hospital.  They are all getting tests.  Staying put for the moment.

We got Susan packed in two and half hours.  The movers come tomorrow.  All that is left is cleaning.

I'm doing okay for an oldie. :lol:  I only have one Rx for cholesterol.  It would be nice if I decreased my people contact during a pandemic instead of increasing it. :lol:

6 minutes ago, cineater said:

We had talked about what if we had to move out some of the gardens but we won't.  I do think it's a better idea to have gardens out in the community where people are instead of waiting for them to come to us.  But I'm working on getting more people there.

No new developments on anybody in the hospital.  They are all getting tests.  Staying put for the moment.

We got Susan packed in two and half hours.  The movers come tomorrow.  All that is left is cleaning.

I'm doing okay for an oldie. :lol:  I only have one Rx for cholesterol.  It would be nice if I decreased my people contact during a pandemic instead of increasing it. :lol:

Dont even get me started on you tempting fate during the pandemic!!!! :lol:

maybe some gardens on sight and some off sight would be a good balance?

Wow - you are kicking ass over at Susans!! I thought you had until Friday? You should have a shaman come in a purify the place as a kindness to the new owners!! :lol:

How is your Mom handling things?

We do have an off site garden but we just hang our name out there.

The house gets emptied tomorrow and the final sale happens on Friday.  She has surgery next Tuesday after that my friend is going to be a ways away.  We'll still text but she won't be around to do stuff with.

Marsha don't like that I have a different opinion then her on room C.  Calls me tonight telling me to be careful what I say because the other groups use that room.  I'm not speaking for them, I'm taking care of us.  She don't like that I'm our rep at the extension counsel.  She got Laura to accept an invite to be on extension counsel from the counsel and tells me I can let her represent us because I hate going to their meetings.  Er, no I'm the appointed person from our group and the extension doesn't get to tell us who to send. :lol:  Not that they were, they want Laura to be a voting member and volunteer to do shit for them.  Marsha wants me not to speak in favor of the plan.  She's just up in arms because where do we do the plant sale without that room.  There's options, calm down Marsha.  She just tries to make all those options hard but before she knows it, she's saying we could do that. :lol:  And then I dropped the bomb, I'm staying as overall lead.  I didn't hear a woohoo. :lol:

Mom's doing okay.  My brother has been disabled for a while now.

Marsha's okay.  She's just one of those people that zooms off into fight mode.  She even admits talking to me brings her back down.  I just use that calm voice and laugh at stuff.  You know, once I stop freaking out and calm my own ass down. :lol:

10 hours ago, cineater said:

We do have an off site garden but we just hang our name out there.

The house gets emptied tomorrow and the final sale happens on Friday.  She has surgery next Tuesday after that my friend is going to be a ways away.  We'll still text but she won't be around to do stuff with.

Marsha don't like that I have a different opinion then her on room C.  Calls me tonight telling me to be careful what I say because the other groups use that room.  I'm not speaking for them, I'm taking care of us.  She don't like that I'm our rep at the extension counsel.  She got Laura to accept an invite to be on extension counsel from the counsel and tells me I can let her represent us because I hate going to their meetings.  Er, no I'm the appointed person from our group and the extension doesn't get to tell us who to send. :lol:  Not that they were, they want Laura to be a voting member and volunteer to do shit for them.  Marsha wants me not to speak in favor of the plan.  She's just up in arms because where do we do the plant sale without that room.  There's options, calm down Marsha.  She just tries to make all those options hard but before she knows it, she's saying we could do that. :lol:  And then I dropped the bomb, I'm staying as overall lead.  I didn't hear a woohoo. :lol:

Mom's doing okay.  My brother has been disabled for a while now.

Marsha's okay.  She's just one of those people that zooms off into fight mode.  She even admits talking to me brings her back down.  I just use that calm voice and laugh at stuff.  You know, once I stop freaking out and calm my own ass down. :lol:

Susan is moving away? I didnt realize that. Thats sad. I also didnt realize she had another surgery coming up. Will she live with her parents still?

Marsha isnt happy you are staying on as over all lead?? :lol: Im happy!! Way to go!

I can see where shes coming from though...

We got another rain yesterday.