Gardening

Gracii Guns

20 minutes ago, cineater said:

I picked that tomato today.  It's dinner tonight!

For flower pounding I've been told to bring flowers and a hammer.  They will supply the card stock.  Apparently you can pound the color out of the flowers and onto paper or cloth.

The monarch event is just one of those fairs.  Booths with education, shit to buy, face painting/crafts for kids.  I'm hunting for brochures I can laminate and put in the gardens.

How do you forget to pay the rent?! :lol:  My excuse is I don't know what day it is so why would I know if something is happening that day.  I am proud that I remember to get all my masks in the laundry today.

Nice! How will you prepare it?

Too cool - I dont think Ive heard of flower pounding to extract colours! As an amateur papermaker I should really know this stuff! lol. Sounds fun!

Id love a monarch fair!

My previous covid volunteer was on it for me - dropping of the rent. All the days and weeks just blend together! lol. The new person didnt even know it was a task since I forgot to mention it to them. But really to answer your question, it doesnt hurt that the person whose in charge of ensuring I pay rent is also our employee :lol: Theyd filled up my post box with reminder letters - but I dont check the box since I only receive packages and they dont go in the mailbox. Im just glad I didnt notice my flush bank account and get confused at all the money in my account and started making it rain :lol:

Still to wet to harvest today. 

Basil and cheese on that tomato.  See if they have auto withdraw from your bank account.  I have all my bills just taken out of my account.  I don't give much thought to paying my bills any more.  In the game of rain money, I'm grabbing that shit, not throwing. :lol:

Caleb says we can go shopping for the plants for his planter this week!  I'm excited.

52 minutes ago, cineater said:

Basil and cheese on that tomato.  See if they have auto withdraw from your bank account.  I have all my bills just taken out of my account.  I don't give much thought to paying my bills any more.  In the game of rain money, I'm grabbing that shit, not throwing. :lol:

Caleb says we can go shopping for the plants for his planter this week!  I'm excited.

:drool::drool: Yes! Caprese Salad is one of my favourites!!! Grabbing money, you say?? I should have thought of that! :lol: Nah, Im super frugal. 

His planter is looking incredible! Im a convert - I dig it!! Congrats to him. That will be so great to go shopping for the plants!

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Just sent you the latest happenings on their street. :lol:  You don't see a hot air balloon come in for a landing right in front of your face everyday.

Thats bonkers!!! :lol: Did they mean too? Was it an emergency landing? All the power lines!!!

39 minutes ago, soon said:

Thats bonkers!!! :lol: Did they mean too? Was it an emergency landing? All the power lines!!!

Don't know.  We have underground lines.  They came down the street and landed there.  She has pictures of it out her back window coming at her.  At one point it looks like it's going to crash into the neighbor's house.

You know that squirrel that dug out my plant and used the pot like a hot tub?  He's an amateur!  Every day there is branch cuttings all over my yard.  Today I go out and another big pile is out there.  He drops more than he gets back to the nest.  I can only imagine what the nest looks like. :lol:  I'm hoping the whole thing doesn't come down in a strong wind.  I may have to put a birdhouse out for him to nest in.

57 minutes ago, cineater said:

Don't know.  We have underground lines.  They came down the street and landed there.  She has pictures of it out her back window coming at her.  At one point it looks like it's going to crash into the neighbor's house.

You know that squirrel that dug out my plant and used the pot like a hot tub?  He's an amateur!  Every day there is branch cuttings all over my yard.  Today I go out and another big pile is out there.  He drops more than he gets back to the nest.  I can only imagine what the nest looks like. :lol:  I'm hoping the whole thing doesn't come down in a strong wind.  I may have to put a birdhouse out for him to nest in.

Id be freakign out if a Balloon was floating towards my back window!!! lol Oh, I guess in tornado country the lines would be underground.

What a rascal he is!! :lol: Yeah, sounds like he could use a hand. Spends too much time lounging in the hot tub :lol:

Im hoping I can harvest beans today. And Im gonna try out using ultrasonic sound wave devices that are said to deter spiders. Much more expensive. But one must never think theyve got ahead.... theres always a new expense to pair with the new money :lol:

And just when you think Susan is over reacting, the exterminator found 50 spiders in the basement!

I've already been to the grocery store, did some laundry, finished trimming at the garden and stopped by the co op.  Helps when you get out of bed closer to dawn then noon. :lol:

I made up my overnight oats.

Edited by cineater

2 hours ago, cineater said:

And just when you think Susan is over reacting, the exterminator found 50 spiders in the basement!

I've already been to the grocery store, did some laundry, finished trimming at the garden and stopped by the co op.  Helps when you get out of bed closer to dawn then noon. :lol:

I made up my overnight oats.

I didnt thin she was - spiders are no joke!! Glad she got that looked into! What kind were they?

You are kicking your to do lists ass :headbang:Im so much more productive before noon... well pre pandemic i was :lol:

Nice, glad you reminded me to go soak my granola too! Ill have it with my farm fresh blueberries!! 

Harvested another thing of beans.

6 minutes ago, soon said:

I didnt thin she was - spiders are no joke!! Glad she got that looked into! What kind were they?

You are kicking your to do lists ass :headbang:Im so much more productive before noon... well pre pandemic i was :lol:

Nice, glad you reminded me to go soak my granola too! Ill have it with my farm fresh blueberries!! 

Harvested another thing of beans.

The brown recluse.  I told her about the sonic thing.

We finally got rain.  When I catch my second wind I'm making the tomato soup I made last year.  This time I'm making enough to freeze for later.

3 minutes ago, cineater said:

The brown recluse.  I told her about the sonic thing.

We finally got rain.  When I catch my second wind I'm making the tomato soup I made last year.  This time I'm making enough to freeze for later.

Ahhh those mother fuckers are everywhere!! Found and killed another one in here.

Sounds delicious! Fill up that freezer!

4 hours ago, soon said:

Ahhh those mother fuckers are everywhere!! Found and killed another one in here.

Sounds delicious! Fill up that freezer!

They were more juicy then beefy tomatoes so it didn't make up as much as I hoped.

Not a big fan of the overnight oats with peanut butter and honey.  I made a second one with brown sugar and raisins.  Waiting for the milk to defrost but I think I will like that better. 

Connie came home and took back the plant I was babysitting for her!  My brother made it through surgery and is spending the night in ICU.

Edited by cineater

12 hours ago, cineater said:

They were more juicy then beefy tomatoes so it didn't make up as much as I hoped.

Not a big fan of the overnight oats with peanut butter and honey.  I made a second one with brown sugar and raisins.  Waiting for the milk to defrost but I think I will like that better. 

Connie came home and took back the plant I was babysitting for her!  My brother made it through surgery and is spending the night in ICU.

Im so happy to hear that your brothers surgery went well. How is he doing today?

I cant believe someone actually took a plant back! lol 

I see about the tomato, thats too bad. Brown sugar and raisins sounds good too! I get milk in bulk and freeze it too - is that what you do?

Going to husk my beans in a minute and then make go harvest more. Take some fresh herbs to my new neighbours.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Im so happy to hear that your brothers surgery went well. How is he doing today?

I cant believe someone actually took a plant back! lol 

I see about the tomato, thats too bad. Brown sugar and raisins sounds good too! I get milk in bulk and freeze it too - is that what you do?

Going to husk my beans in a minute and then make go harvest more. Take some fresh herbs to my new neighbours.

I learned that milk trick from you. :lol:

We have rain for most of the day.  We're getting colder evenings next week.  I'll probably have to bring in my tropical plants.  I'm going to get the growing room in order today.

We had a lecture from one of the park people.  I asked about the marigolds we donated to them.  She went on and on about the marigolds and how they use them everywhere!  Guess I'll be growing marigolds again.

7 minutes ago, cineater said:

I learned that milk trick from you. :lol:

We have rain for most of the day.  We're getting colder evenings next week.  I'll probably have to bring in my tropical plants.  I'm going to get the growing room in order today.

We had a lecture from one of the park people.  I asked about the marigolds we donated to them.  She went on and on about the marigolds and how they use them everywhere!  Guess I'll be growing marigolds again.

Cool! :lol:

Finally some rain for you! looking forward to seeing your grow room when its set up!

Sounds like a good type of lecture to receive?! Thats great that they are so happy with the marigolds. 

I just came across another recluse on my kitchen counter!!!!!!!!!!! Spooked me and he ran from his torching but I eventually got him! Ahh the smell of burnt linoleum in the morning :lol:

50 minutes ago, soon said:

Cool! :lol:

Finally some rain for you! looking forward to seeing your grow room when its set up!

Sounds like a good type of lecture to receive?! Thats great that they are so happy with the marigolds. 

I just came across another recluse on my kitchen counter!!!!!!!!!!! Spooked me and he ran from his torching but I eventually got him! Ahh the smell of burnt linoleum in the morning :lol:

You are asking for the curse of the spider.  Just saying.

HIstory on the park we were at.  I need to go hunt arrowheads there.

Not setting up just cleaning up.  And not very motivated to do that. :lol:  Need more caffeine.

Little squirrel had my driveway covered in cuttings again this morning.  Not really into the overnight oats.  Just as easy to microwave a cup of water and throw some oats in.  Brown sugar and raisins way better than peanut butter and honey.

Waiting to hear on my brother.  Susan's freaking out over the storms and it's my sister's birthday.  Other than that it's a quiet rainy morning.  Time for some Dead.

29 minutes ago, cineater said:

You are asking for the curse of the spider.  Just saying.

HIstory on the park we were at.  I need to go hunt arrowheads there.

Not setting up just cleaning up.  And not very motivated to do that. :lol:  Need more caffeine.

Little squirrel had my driveway covered in cuttings again this morning.  Not really into the overnight oats.  Just as easy to microwave a cup of water and throw some oats in.  Brown sugar and raisins way better than peanut butter and honey.

Waiting to hear on my brother.  Susan's freaking out over the storms and it's my sister's birthday.  Other than that it's a quiet rainy morning.  Time for some Dead.

You cook next to a dangerous spider, Cin :P

Oh, I gotcha I thought you meant they lectured you on your flowers. lol What are arrowheads, cant bring that to mind?

Im too caffeinated currently. Wired and a touch nauseous.

I love that squirrel :lol: 

I guess there is a pretty big difference in texture from my overnight granola. God you found one you like though!

Im keeping your brother in my thoughts and prayers. Happy birthday to your sister! And hello to Susan, my fellow spider land lord :lol:

Yeah, time for Dead at the garden!!

20 minutes ago, soon said:

We got cloud cover - it surely looks like rain - a perfect time to harvest these beans. While enjoying the Dead :headbang:

I'm letting youtube call the tunes today.

So I had to clean the house first. :lol:  And now I'm looking at the garage but I'm getting there.

Arrowheads, those things Indians used to kill, cut shit.  Tools made out of rocks.  I have a small collection of those.  Speaking of collections, my grandson asked if he could have the bottle caps when I'm gone.  He's writing me off soon. :lol:

Catch and release those spiders.  Lucky or not I have boundaries!  All bugs stay outside.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm letting youtube call the tunes today.

So I had to clean the house first. :lol:  And now I'm looking at the garage but I'm getting there.

Arrowheads, those things Indians used to kill, cut shit.  Tools made out of rocks.  I have a small collection of those.  Speaking of collections, my grandson asked if he could have the bottle caps when I'm gone.  He's writing me off soon. :lol:

Catch and release those spiders.  Lucky or not I have boundaries!  All bugs stay outside.

You've been too busy cleaning other people houses! 

Oh - I thought Arrowheads was a plant :lol: Thats cool, I used to have a few of those. Not sure where they got to now that I think of it. 

HAHAHA, he didn't mean it that way! :lol: I think its an honour that he wants to take on your collection!

Look, you can catch and release all the flesh rotting spiders you want. 

Harvested some more beans. The ones that arent ready yet are way bigger, so Im ready for them to be a different type of bean.

Axl didn't believe me when I told him to get his ass off the piano either.  Keep killing those spiders and you'll see.  Ahahaha

Plant room wasn't that bad.  Ready to bring stuff in.  Hopefully not for another month.

Tree pruning all over the driveway again.  Industrious little squirrel.  Have to give him that.

Got a new The Cat Who.....book from the library.  See what's going on in Pickax.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Axl didn't believe me when I told him to get his ass off the piano either.  Keep killing those spiders and you'll see.  Ahahaha

Plant room wasn't that bad.  Ready to bring stuff in.  Hopefully not for another month.

Tree pruning all over the driveway again.  Industrious little squirrel.  Have to give him that.

Got a new The Cat Who.....book from the library.  See what's going on in Pickax.

When did you tell this to Axl? I will keep killing them and you'll see how I therefore stay alive. Keep wishing death on me... and I dunno.... turn my corpse into coral reef :lol:

Plus I dont kill any of the other spiders, so the luck from them should balance me out.

Way to clean up that plant room!

Maybe the squirrel is hoping that you will set up the twigs in a certain manner. And his plan is to mess them up until you clean them up in a way that he will call home? lol

Im not sure if I know those books? Sounds cute though. I havent ben reading much lately, glad you mentioned that so I can get back at it.

2 hours ago, soon said:

When did you tell this to Axl? I will keep killing them and you'll see how I therefore stay alive. Keep wishing death on me... and I dunno.... turn my corpse into coral reef :lol:

Plus I dont kill any of the other spiders, so the luck from them should balance me out.

Way to clean up that plant room!

Maybe the squirrel is hoping that you will set up the twigs in a certain manner. And his plan is to mess them up until you clean them up in a way that he will call home? lol

Im not sure if I know those books? Sounds cute though. I havent ben reading much lately, glad you mentioned that so I can get back at it.

I read every night before bed.

I talk to Axl from the net.  It's safe here.  He don't see it. :lol:  Although he did see that "fuck you Axl Rose"  when there was talk about him retiring.

We got rain all day but not enough to really water anything.  Should be a colorful fall with all the rain this year.

I'm getting a haircut!  Think it's been a year. :lol:

Looks like it's a Phish weekend on nugs.  Shows Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.  I'll be late for Friday night but I can make the rest.

Edited by cineater

14 hours ago, cineater said:

I read every night before bed.

I talk to Axl from the net.  It's safe here.  He don't see it. :lol:  Although he did see that "fuck you Axl Rose"  when there was talk about him retiring.

We got rain all day but not enough to really water anything.  Should be a colorful fall with all the rain this year.

I'm getting a haircut!  Think it's been a year. :lol:

Looks like it's a Phish weekend on nugs.  Shows Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.  I'll be late for Friday night but I can make the rest.

I usually listen to scary stories before bed. Sometimes a star wars audio book.

I get it. Im glad he didnt retire! :lol:

A year since a haircut! That is 6 months longer than everyone else!! I forgot my hat and didnt realize I wasnt wearing it and people were taken aback by how unruly my hair is :lol:

Yeah Phish!!!!! Im in!!!!!

1 hour ago, soon said:

I usually listen to scary stories before bed. Sometimes a star wars audio book.

I get it. Im glad he didnt retire! :lol:

A year since a haircut! That is 6 months longer than everyone else!! I forgot my hat and didnt realize I wasnt wearing it and people were taken aback by how unruly my hair is :lol:

Yeah Phish!!!!! Im in!!!!!

I know, I'm such a bum.  I generally have my hair piled on top of my head.  I wear it long when it's cooler to protect my ears.  Makes my mother crazy when I wear it down.  She cuts hers off every 6 weeks.  People don't recognize me either when my hair is down. :lol:

Long talk with Susan last night.  She's going to talk to her folks about moving in.  Problem is they are hoarders, it's bad.  Her uncle died in 97 and his shit is still in their garage.  But they aren't going to be able to live independently much longer especially if one of them dies.  And with working from home, I think Susan is feeling pretty lonely.  She's going to talk to them about moving in.  Since they won't get rid of shit, she's just going to put what would be her room in storage with her stuff.  Would be a prison cell to me.

I got another The Cat Who book.  A psychic cat who lives with a journalist, 400 miles north of any where.