Gardening

Gracii Guns

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I know, I'm such a bum.  I generally have my hair piled on top of my head.  I wear it long when it's cooler to protect my ears.  Makes my mother crazy when I wear it down.  She cuts hers off every 6 weeks.  People don't recognize me either when my hair is down. :lol:

Long talk with Susan last night.  She's going to talk to her folks about moving in.  Problem is they are hoarders, it's bad.  Her uncle died in 97 and his shit is still in their garage.  But they aren't going to be able to live independently much longer especially if one of them dies.  And with working from home, I think Susan is feeling pretty lonely.  She's going to talk to them about moving in.  Since they won't get rid of shit, she's just going to put what would be her room in storage with her stuff.  Would be a prison cell to me.

I got another The Cat Who book.  A psychic cat who lives with a journalist, 400 miles north of any where.

Haha, of course your mom has thoughts on it! Hair down and a mask, no less! :lol: But youre not a bum compared to me, because I cut my own hair and I still havent forever. No real reason too, lol.

Yikes, putting myself in Susan shoes makes me feel anxious and trapped. Really sorry to hear that. How is her Dad?

That sounds like a fun read! Im listening to a star wars podcast, interview with a voice actor from an animated series.... Reading would prolly be a better use of my time :lol:

Im still pouring cups of coffee, and still not in gear. 

41 minutes ago, soon said:

Haha, of course your mom has thoughts on it! Hair down and a mask, no less! :lol: But youre not a bum compared to me, because I cut my own hair and I still havent forever. No real reason too, lol.

Yikes, putting myself in Susan shoes makes me feel anxious and trapped. Really sorry to hear that. How is her Dad?

That sounds like a fun read! Im listening to a star wars podcast, interview with a voice actor from an animated series.... Reading would prolly be a better use of my time :lol:

Im still pouring cups of coffee, and still not in gear. 

Well shit!  It's time to work on the yard.  I really have been a lazy gardener this year.  We're cooling off fast.  I guess I'll bring in the house plants this weekend or at least get them into the garage for the evenings.

Susan dad still can't drive but he should be able to in a few weeks.  They haven't really given him a diagnosis.  I found out Susan has been sleeping on her couch and now she's in the new place, she's sleeping on the couch there.  So when she goes to the folks she would still be sleeping on a couch.  WTF?  But she's kind of a hoarder too so all that doesn't really bother her.  When it comes to her furniture I would have trashed it all except the kitchen table.  How old is that shit? :lol:  If it was me, I'd have a couple of dumpsters pulled up to her folk's house when they die and all that shit would go.  Wouldn't even go through it.  When is the last time the walls were painted?  Or the place got a deep clean?  There's probably millions of spiders and mice living in that garage.  No telling what's in the house.  I've been in that house once.  I sat on the edge of my chair the whole time and couldn't wait to get out of there.

Need more coffee too.  Need to go to the store and get coffee too.

Well shit!  It's time to work on the yard.  I really have been a lazy gardener this year.  We're cooling off fast.  I guess I'll bring in the house plants this weekend or at least get them into the garage for the evenings.

Susan dad still can't drive but he should be able to in a few weeks.  They haven't really given him a diagnosis.  I found out Susan has been sleeping on her couch and now she's in the new place, she's sleeping on the couch there.  So when she goes to the folks she would still be sleeping on a couch.  WTF?  But she's kind of a hoarder too so all that doesn't really bother her.  When it comes to her furniture I would have trashed it all except the kitchen table.  How old is that shit? :lol:  If it was me, I'd have a couple of dumpsters pulled up to her folk's house when they die and all that shit would go.  Wouldn't even go through it.  When is the last time the walls were painted?  Or the place got a deep clean?  There's probably millions of spiders and mice living in that garage.  No telling what's in the house.  I've been in that house once.  I sat on the edge of my chair the whole time and couldn't wait to get out of there.

Need more coffee too.  Need to go to the store and get coffee too.

Im tidying up and laying spider traps. One more in here today. 

I cant believe summers over. Im happy about summers end for the first time ever. Without large scale gardening it just sucks. Oh, that and being able to go outside. :lol:

Sounds like things are at least stabilized for Susans dad. Thats good. I sometimes go through periods where I preferred to sleep on my couch. Not sure why. Ive been in houses like you describe that just makes your skin crawl. In fact I slept in one once. I shutter to think! Ick!!!!!!!! :lol:

And my tiny little lentils are about the bloom little blue flowers... just in time for the frost!! This season, ugh!!

Edited by soon

1 hour ago, soon said:

Im tidying up and laying spider traps. One more in here today. 

I cant believe summers over. Im happy about summers end for the first time ever. Without large scale gardening it just sucks. Oh, that and being able to go outside. :lol:

Sounds like things are at least stabilized for Susans dad. Thats good. I sometimes go through periods where I preferred to sleep on my couch. Not sure why. Ive been in houses like you describe that just makes your skin crawl. In fact I slept in one once. I shutter to think! Ick!!!!!!!! :lol:

And my tiny little lentils are about the bloom little blue flowers... just in time for the frost!! This season, ugh!!

Stopped by the garden and ran into Jane.  She and her husband retired, sold all their shit and went to live in an RV.  Then they sold that and brought a boat.  They've been sailing up and down the east coast.  Now heading for the Bahamas.   Neither one of them had ever manned a boat before they brought it.  They are back in town for doctor appointments and staying with the kids.  Seem very happy.

Maybe we'll get a long fall.  I'm not ready to be in the house.

Ran into my hairdresser at the grocery store. :lol:  Good thing I made an appointment.

Stopped by the garden and ran into Jane.  She and her husband retired, sold all their shit and went to live in an RV.  Then they sold that and brought a boat.  They've been sailing up and down the east coast.  Now heading for the Bahamas.   Neither one of them had ever manned a boat before they brought it.  They are back in town for doctor appointments and staying with the kids.  Seem very happy.

Maybe we'll get a long fall.  I'm not ready to be in the house.

Ran into my hairdresser at the grocery store. :lol:  Good thing I made an appointment.

Is it a sail boat? Thats bonkers to go to sea with little experience! Id love to sail the sea one day.

I hope for a long fall too! And I hope that your country doesnt descend into chaos and you need to live in a refugee camp. :( 

Haha, good thing you did! :lol:

7 hours ago, soon said:

Is it a sail boat? Thats bonkers to go to sea with little experience! Id love to sail the sea one day.

I hope for a long fall too! And I hope that your country doesnt descend into chaos and you need to live in a refugee camp. :( 

Haha, good thing you did! :lol:

Yeah, it's a sailboat.  They took sailing lessons.  They move about 30 miles a day.

It's 2020, the year you didn't see coming.  Anything can happen.

Did you see the squirrel tree cuttings picture?  That's what it looks like every morning. 

Got my lawn weed stuff and some grass seed.  I'm going to weed and a few weeks later over seed.

Shit the place we are getting Caleb's plants closes at 4.  We can't work out a good time for all of us to be there at the same time.  May have to wait until they get back from vacation before we go get plants.

Tonights "lets get fucked up and fix something" is changing the headlight bulbs in Mike's car.  Couple of beers and a bowl so far.  10 minute job going on 45 so far.  I don't think I want to stay up for this one. :lol:

Edited by cineater

15 hours ago, cineater said:

Yeah, it's a sailboat.  They took sailing lessons.  They move about 30 miles a day.

It's 2020, the year you didn't see coming.  Anything can happen.

Did you see the squirrel tree cuttings picture?  That's what it looks like every morning. 

Got my lawn weed stuff and some grass seed.  I'm going to weed and a few weeks later over seed.

Shit the place we are getting Caleb's plants closes at 4.  We can't work out a good time for all of us to be there at the same time.  May have to wait until they get back from vacation before we go get plants.

Tonights "lets get fucked up and fix something" is changing the headlight bulbs in Mike's car.  Couple of beers and a bowl so far.  10 minute job going on 45 so far.  I don't think I want to stay up for this one. :lol:

Id love to sail 30 miles a day!! Very cool!

Hahaha, you werent kidding about that squirrels mess! I cant believe a squirrel did all that!! Bonkers! Every morning - what is he doing up there??

"Weed stuff" you mean herbicides? And here you are guilting me for killing dangerous spiders?? tisk tisk :lol:

Thats frustrating about the nursery. I guess those are gardeners hours - up with the sun therefore quitting time comes earlier in the day? Where are they going on vacation?

How did the fixing party go? :lol: I didnt realize he was getting high too! Did you stick around?? lol

More beans to husk this morning. I'm also expecting some packages. Including those ultra sonic spider deterrers, a gorgeous bamboo book stand and that fridge organizer lazy susan with removable compartments!! Yay!

Oh busted!  Yes, I'm going for the lush and plush yard.

They got it done.  Actually Sondra figured it out.  That woman can fix anything.  She suggests I show the squirrel a youtube on nest building. :lol:  

I husk beans while I watch TV.  It's about time for me to do some seed collecting.

They are going to Florida.  My daughter is a beach person and she has to get her fix.  As long as we get the plants in by mid October they will get settled in before the ground freezes.

Love ordering stuff.  My Dead shirt should be showing up any day.

Oh busted!  Yes, I'm going for the lush and plush yard.

They got it done.  Actually Sondra figured it out.  That woman can fix anything.  She suggests I show the squirrel a youtube on nest building. :lol:  

I husk beans while I watch TV.  It's about time for me to do some seed collecting.

They are going to Florida.  My daughter is a beach person and she has to get her fix.  As long as we get the plants in by mid October they will get settled in before the ground freezes.

Love ordering stuff.  My Dead shirt should be showing up any day.

The squirrel should watch some yt tutorials! :lol: 

Star Wars podcast and husking beans for me today.

Theyre brave to travel! Hope they have a blast!

Yeah, always fun to receive a package! I’m supposed to get like 7 today!!

That Dead shirts taking a while, eh?

Im so lazy! Like too lazy to even pay attention to tv lol

Edited by soon

It was a preorder thing with the shirts.  I've forgotten what it looks like so double the surprise.

Susan went to stay with her folks a few days until the exterminator smell leaves.  The mother offered to let her have her room and the mother sleep on the couch in the small room.  Think that's a sign the mother wants her to move home.  They can rearrange rooms to give Susan some space and buy some real beds!  Susan doesn't feel either of her parents have long to go.

I was hoping to mow at the garden today but I'm kind of busy and it's getting hot.  Probably be Sunday before I can get back up there.

44 minutes ago, cineater said:

It was a preorder thing with the shirts.  I've forgotten what it looks like so double the surprise.

Susan went to stay with her folks a few days until the exterminator smell leaves.  The mother offered to let her have her room and the mother sleep on the couch in the small room.  Think that's a sign the mother wants her to move home.  They can rearrange rooms to give Susan some space and buy some real beds!  Susan doesn't feel either of her parents have long to go.

I was hoping to mow at the garden today but I'm kind of busy and it's getting hot.  Probably be Sunday before I can get back up there.

Right, a preorder. Well that will be even more exciting then. I remember it looked awesome!!

Probably a good idea for her to be away from the fumes. People work hard and pay their taxes their entire lives and then end up stacked on top of their sick parents, sleeping on couches. Fuck me. Thats great that the Mom is open to having her. 

I havent done a thing other than check for my packages. The dude just left slips for pick up from the post office. What a lazy bastard!! So anticlimactic, lol. I was gonna go to the garden after that but I looked down the road at all the social distancing obstacles and realized I need way more coffee before I can handle it :lol:

I havent seen Tiger Mother walking in the hood either. :( Maybe Ill never see her again. 

I wonder about her too.  Maybe you should open an investigation and see what you can find out.

Well, the mom slept on the couch last night.  Susan brought up the subject of her staying forever and cleaning out the room.  Mom's okay with her staying but when it comes to the next step, she said one step at a time.  Hoarders!  Susan is looking for option 3.

I've mowed the grass and trimmed. :P  My left knee is telling me fall weather is moving in.  Haven't heard from Caleb so I assume he won't get off in time to go plant shopping.  My meeting tonight is another zoom meeting, so sick of those.

I wonder about her too.  Maybe you should open an investigation and see what you can find out.

Well, the mom slept on the couch last night.  Susan brought up the subject of her staying forever and cleaning out the room.  Mom's okay with her staying but when it comes to the next step, she said one step at a time.  Hoarders!  Susan is looking for option 3.

I've mowed the grass and trimmed. :P  My left knee is telling me fall weather is moving in.  Haven't heard from Caleb so I assume he won't get off in time to go plant shopping.  My meeting tonight is another zoom meeting, so sick of those.

When I inquired with the garden boss I received no reply. Really - a community garden is worried about the gardeners forming a community?? Smh. But yeah, maybe there’s a Chinese community association I could ask. I just better not say “tiger mother” lol

Yikes, must fill Susan with dread to hear that the hoarding thing ain’t going away.

Im finally out the door. Forgot to get you a pic but the garlic chive flowers bloomed and are gorgeous. Look at you getting the lawn mowed in the heat!!

I know what you mean about zoom meetings! 

My garlic chives are blooming too.  Get them off before they go to seed or they will be everywhere!

Caleb couldn't get away to plant shop but the good news is my rebate on the tankless water heater came in.  I've got money for plants!

Walk in and my hairdresser has the same haircut I have. :lol:  And while I'm thinking I may have cut my blue jeans too short, right in line with what the stylists were wearing.  Not so out of fashion as I think.

My garlic chives are blooming too.  Get them off before they go to seed or they will be everywhere!

Caleb couldn't get away to plant shop but the good news is my rebate on the tankless water heater came in.  I've got money for plants!

Walk in and my hairdresser has the same haircut I have. :lol:  And while I'm thinking I may have cut my blue jeans too short, right in line with what the stylists were wearing.  Not so out of fashion as I think.

Then I will have spread chamomile and garlic chives all over the paths - the chives are also hanging covet the edge of my bed.

Thats great news about the rebate! 

Youre twins! Hairdressers are usually styling folk, you must be super hip! :headbang:

Three people have climbed my stairs quietly and left something out my door today. Weird. So the 3rd time I go see whats up. But... I forgot I wasnt wearing pants :lol::lol::lol: Where they were on the stairs in comparison to where my undies were aligned perfectly :facepalm::lol::smiley-confused2:  All three things left were completely kosher. Just all happened on the same day, randomly. And she was in a booby shirt - I dont think our eyes met once! :lol:

Nooo, undies are not to be seen.  What is with you men walking around in your underwear?  On the other hand, at least 3 people like you.  Are you Jewish?  Or do you just resemble christ?

Poor Benny, Dublin was not at all interested in being friends.  She ran and hid.  That's Susan's mother's cat also in death row.

I got out there and put down the weed killer while the dew was on the grass.  Don't know about this.  It says do not apply within the drip line of trees.  Most of my yard is a drip line.  Fortunately where I wanted the weeds dead is outside of the drip line.  I used a drop seed spreader so it only fell right under the spreader.  I only use that thrower when I putting out fertilizer.  I'll overseed in a few weeks.

Flowering pounding this morning.  I'm using geraniums and some fern leaves.  Not sure what I'm doing with the finished product.

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Nooo, undies are not to be seen.  What is with you men walking around in your underwear?  On the other hand, at least 3 people like you.  Are you Jewish?  Or do you just resemble christ?

Poor Benny, Dublin was not at all interested in being friends.  She ran and hid.  That's Susan's mother's cat also in death row.

Especially pandemic undies :lol: Home is where the pants arent, Cin. :lol: Is Caleb a fellow traveller? I just resemble Christ :lol:

Oh but Benny loves friend cats. Poor guy. Hopefully Dublin will come around... made just be too old and tired to bother running away at least?

I got out there and put down the weed killer while the dew was on the grass.  Don't know about this.  It says do not apply within the drip line of trees.  Most of my yard is a drip line.  Fortunately where I wanted the weeds dead is outside of the drip line.  I used a drop seed spreader so it only fell right under the spreader.  I only use that thrower when I putting out fertilizer.  I'll overseed in a few weeks.

Flowering pounding this morning.  I'm using geraniums and some fern leaves.  Not sure what I'm doing with the finished product.

Look at you go! You were up with the sun! I will be attacking the main section of spiders in my window today, with the heavy duty out door spray.

Hope your flower pounding is fun! Im husking beans. To you ever get pods that are a bit musty or mouldy? Im having a sneezing fit from one. 

If the pods aren't completely dry I don't mess with them.

I sent you pictures of my flower pounding.  Big experiment in what works and what doesn't.  Flowers full of water just make a mess.  Geraniums worked pretty good.  Put wax paper over the flower and pound it out.  Some of them kind of mushed up so I just layed another color on top.

If the pods aren't completely dry I don't mess with them.

I sent you pictures of my flower pounding.  Big experiment in what works and what doesn't.  Flowers full of water just make a mess.  Geraniums worked pretty good.  Put wax paper over the flower and pound it out.  Some of them kind of mushed up so I just layed another color on top.

Pics are awesome - great job!!

How long did you have to pound them?

6 minutes ago, cineater said:

Couple of hits with the rubber mallet.  Probably would have came out better if I took the flowers apart but I was going for a watercolor look.

I like the effect you used. I was anticipating youd say a lot more funding then that. I think I could do it! Very cool! 

It is deep cold, fall weather here still. Summers gone.