Gardening

Gracii Guns

3 hours ago, soon said:

Sounds like a really fun day for you two! I cant believe shes so tall already! Is her Dad tall? I love that you got them making tie dyes :headbang:

More beans to husk.

You might be getting tired of husking but I'm glad you have lots of beans.

Yeah, both her parents are tall.  Mentioned her dad a couple of times but she didn't want to talk.  I don't think she had much contact from him on her birthday and her mother gave her shit for sending him a text reminding him it was her birthday.  The mom wanted to see if he remembered.  Not playing that game.  Let the child try, it's her relationship with her father, not the mother's ammo for their next fight. 

I did not get out of bed until 11!  It's overcast so I was thinking it was still early.  Planning on mowing at the garden today.

14 minutes ago, cineater said:

You might be getting tired of husking but I'm glad you have lots of beans.

Yeah, both her parents are tall.  Mentioned her dad a couple of times but she didn't want to talk.  I don't think she had much contact from him on her birthday and her mother gave her shit for sending him a text reminding him it was her birthday.  The mom wanted to see if he remembered.  Not playing that game.  Let the child try, it's her relationship with her father, not the mother's ammo for their next fight. 

I did not get out of bed until 11!  It's overcast so I was thinking it was still early.  Planning on mowing at the garden today.

Im still enjoying the husking, thankfully. Thank, its nice to have a harvest after all. I think it will be only about 6cups of dried beans total, lol. 

Its a minefield of drama with your grandkids lately, huh? Im so hazy they have you for some examples of stability. I bet she had a lot of fun and will definitely remember that trip to Victoria Secret!

Glad you could catch up on some rest. I might lean into my grow room finally today. Also turn my attention to things like home brewing and making yogurt - things that reduce waste when not bought at stores. Going through all these sanitizer bottles is throwing off my entire approach to zero waste!! 

I ordered a rubber mallet! I need to try this flower pouring out! Ive got a nice selection of flowers in my garden.

Im still getting the run around about the bursary. So that alone obviously makes me suspicious. But at the same time, I also suspect that there is a clerical error on their end. I think that two decision makers are using the same term in two different ways. So Im chasing that 'lead' to see if it could produce the current outcome. Which if thats the case - how do I craft an email that says "you two big important bosses cant even get your words right to roll out a simple program... so give me my money!" :lol:

Hope you enjoy time at the garden!

1 hour ago, soon said:

Im still enjoying the husking, thankfully. Thank, its nice to have a harvest after all. I think it will be only about 6cups of dried beans total, lol. 

Its a minefield of drama with your grandkids lately, huh? Im so hazy they have you for some examples of stability. I bet she had a lot of fun and will definitely remember that trip to Victoria Secret!

Glad you could catch up on some rest. I might lean into my grow room finally today. Also turn my attention to things like home brewing and making yogurt - things that reduce waste when not bought at stores. Going through all these sanitizer bottles is throwing off my entire approach to zero waste!! 

I ordered a rubber mallet! I need to try this flower pouring out! Ive got a nice selection of flowers in my garden.

Im still getting the run around about the bursary. So that alone obviously makes me suspicious. But at the same time, I also suspect that there is a clerical error on their end. I think that two decision makers are using the same term in two different ways. So Im chasing that 'lead' to see if it could produce the current outcome. Which if thats the case - how do I craft an email that says "you two big important bosses cant even get your words right to roll out a simple program... so give me my money!" :lol:

Hope you enjoy time at the garden!

She was a little embarrassed at Victoria's Secret.  Karen quickly took her to the darkside.  She readily agreed one should have bras in many colors.  Karen freaked when she discovered they both wore the same bra size. :lol:  It was all over when we got to the panties.  And then we trucked down to American Eagle, Karen's favorite store.  Autumn looked like a young woman in those clothes and Karen realized she was too old for that store.  I think Karen and I walked out of that store a little depressed.

You could have used a regular hammer.  You're getting a little carried away with ordering shit.  I know, can't get me to spend a dime on myself yet I'm blowing it on everybody else.  Flower pounding is fun though.  Kind of like zentangle.

I don't think I need rest.  I think I need to be more active.  I'm turning into a slug.  Problem is I get all my energy at night when it cools off.  I'm going to start setting the alarm.

Score!  Picked up some white and purple coneflowers and some butterfly weed.

Edited by cineater

1 hour ago, cineater said:

She was a little embarrassed at Victoria's Secret.  Karen quickly took her to the darkside.  She readily agreed one should have bras in many colors.  Karen freaked when she discovered they both wore the same bra size. :lol:  It was all over when we got to the panties.  And then we trucked down to American Eagle, Karen's favorite store.  Autumn looked like a young woman in those clothes and Karen realized she was too old for that store.  I think Karen and I walked out of that store a little depressed.

You could have used a regular hammer.  You're getting a little carried away with ordering shit.  I know, can't get me to spend a dime on myself yet I'm blowing it on everybody else.  Flower pounding is fun though.  Kind of like zentangle.

I don't think I need rest.  I think I need to be more active.  I'm turning into a slug.  Problem is I get all my energy at night when it cools off.  I'm going to start setting the alarm.

Score!  Picked up some white and purple coneflowers and some butterfly weed.

Sounds like quite the trip to Victoria Secret! Same size as Karen! Holy shit!! lol. Oh poor Karen - she can shop wherever she wants. But I know the feeling when I watched Season 2 of Stranger Things I was wearing the same shirt as one of the kids in the first episode :facepalm::lol:

Oh you bought some plants... youre getting carried way buying plants :P:P j/k Thats awesome! We're purple coneflower twins!!

3 hours ago, soon said:

Sounds like quite the trip to Victoria Secret! Same size as Karen! Holy shit!! lol. Oh poor Karen - she can shop wherever she wants. But I know the feeling when I watched Season 2 of Stranger Things I was wearing the same shirt as one of the kids in the first episode :facepalm::lol:

Oh you bought some plants... youre getting carried way buying plants :P:P j/k Thats awesome! We're purple coneflower twins!!

I don't buy plants. :lol:  I get all the homeless ones.

2 hours of mowing at the gardens in the heat.  Had to stop because I was pretty sure I was going to puke. :lol:

• Haha 1

I don't buy plants. :lol:  I get all the homeless ones.

2 hours of mowing at the gardens in the heat.  Had to stop because I was pretty sure I was going to puke. :lol:

Thats true, I stand corrected. :lol:

Oh no! Hope you are feeling better.

Ive just now done epic battle with a Recluse! Spotted it in my over drawer. Took a torch to it. It got away and ran to the dirty and webbed space between stove and wall. I torched that area which then set ablaze. I freaked out and dumped water there, the spider then came at me as I push Bekr further away on my knees. I relight the torch - its doesnt take. I try again - still no flame. This thing is now forced to run at me because behind it is still smouldering. Just as it reached my knee I torch it good. Need to put some oil on my knee from the heat too!!

I think Beaker was impressed :lol:

Okay, I've never heard of somebody freaking out like that over a spider. :lol:

Better, I just drank too much water, too fast.  Sent Marsha an email that she had too much trash laying around in her area that I tried to mow.  People and their fucking farmer mentality.  Del got one too.  They just leave shit all over the place.  Throw it out or put it away but don't leave it just lay there!

44 minutes ago, cineater said:

Okay, I've never heard of somebody freaking out like that over a spider. :lol:

Do you want me to die?! :lol:

Youd let a startled Recluse who knows you are attacking it climb onto your knee? Or run at Lily and Simone??

47 minutes ago, cineater said:

Better, I just drank too much water, too fast.  Sent Marsha an email that she had too much trash laying around in her area that I tried to mow.  People and their fucking farmer mentality.  Del got one too.  They just leave shit all over the place.  Throw it out or put it away but don't leave it just lay there!

You freak out over your friends tidiness more than I do about dangerous spiders! :lol: j/k

Nah, but seriously - people are the worst. Beaker drew blood today and I still prefer him to most people. lol

Mowing the lawn at the garden must be a satisfying thing, in general? Just like, you know that you've now prepared the garden grounds for all the amazing things that will happen there?

Karen leaves tomorrow morning when she gets off work.  They are driving down so she can sleep in the back of the truck.  Caleb has been "detailing" the truck for two days. :lol:  Whatever he enjoys.  Marsha is replacing the rotten wood on her deck.  Everybody is doing fine.  I made the mistake of texting to Craig.  He's leaving town today on vacation.  You know this will be the week my AC goes out and I'll have to wait till he gets back.

Any place I touch my head this morning hurts.  Sinus stuff.

I need to work on all the baby plants I have.  They need cleaned up along with the ones I dug up and put in pots.  We have a nice breeze going on but it's still hot out there.

Karen leaves tomorrow morning when she gets off work.  They are driving down so she can sleep in the back of the truck.  Caleb has been "detailing" the truck for two days. :lol:  Whatever he enjoys.  Marsha is replacing the rotten wood on her deck.  Everybody is doing fine.  I made the mistake of texting to Craig.  He's leaving town today on vacation.  You know this will be the week my AC goes out and I'll have to wait till he gets back.

Any place I touch my head this morning hurts.  Sinus stuff.

I need to work on all the baby plants I have.  They need cleaned up along with the ones I dug up and put in pots.  We have a nice breeze going on but it's still hot out there.

That will be nice for Karen, hope she can sleep. What is detailing? I know the word, but Ive never seen what its about? Like waxing the car? 

Sounds like Marshas got a job on her hands. I hope your AC lasts!! lol

Well, it finally happened - I called Beaker "Babe." :lol:

I seem to be getting a new neighbour!!!!!! And the person in the office seems to be especially pleasant to me lately. I think that people werent sure what to make of my assessment of the old neighbour and she'd even gone to the board to complain about when I had the nerve to ask her to not have parties - she tried to play it up as 'scary man comes to womans door at night' :facepalm: But with the timing of the office persons demeanour change and me getting new neighbours seems to indicate that I have been vindicated!! I over heard a comment about how she didnt even clean the place up - maybe she didnt even give notice? I also saw people who Im guessing are possibly the people who will move in, they came to clean it and didnt look like professional cleaners. Seems to be a young couple. I didnt get a good look though. But they had a nice vibe, so thats something :lol:

Im gonna bake a loaf and deliver it with some fresh herbs once whoever moves in. Im excited to build a positive relationship with the neighbour! I mean, its unlikely that they too would be a disablist meth head... right? :lol:

6 minutes ago, cineater said:

You're not looking at Beaker with loving eyes are you? :lol:

Are you allowed to share bread during corona?  Were these the old neighbors that made your apartment smell?

HAHAHA! Not today at least when he woke me up by biting my armpit! Ouch!! I think he was sizing up my neck for a strike too! I heard an interview with the owner of a psychopathic cat and this morning sounded familiar! :lol:

Oh right, I cant give them anything really. Even if its allowed, might make me seem ignorant. I wouldnt receive something from a stranger. Shoot. Well thats all my good neighbour game out the window. What else could I do?

Update - I thought I heard people in the unit speaking French just now!! :wow: And I panicked, naturally! :lol: But upon investigation it was some sort of West African. Still not sure if who's there now is the new neighbour though.

You could give them a house plant.

Somewhere around this house I have lost my scissors.  I had them outside to prune the plants and haven't seen them since.  I gave up and had to get the real pruners.  Never mind just found them in a different drawer. :lol: 4 hours later.

Susan is convinced the spiders are going to come out at night and get her.  She's not going back to the rental property. :lol:

Well, new neighbours moved in last night, starting at 10:30. This woke me up. There were lots of people in the front hall and it wasn’t immediately clear that it was people moving in.

i went out to ask them to be quiet. They litterally stared blankly and ignored my presence.

thrn they handed out screw drivers to one another.

So this is great :facepalm:

15 hours ago, cineater said:

You could give them a house plant.

Somewhere around this house I have lost my scissors.  I had them outside to prune the plants and haven't seen them since.  I gave up and had to get the real pruners.  Never mind just found them in a different drawer. :lol: 4 hours later.

Susan is convinced the spiders are going to come out at night and get her.  She's not going back to the rental property. :lol:

They had my staircase stacked with houseplants, so you would have been on to a good suggestion. But as it is, they can fuck off. I cant believe theres people like this out there - Do ridiculous and rude things, are asked politely to stop, and then act like victims. I was really looking forward to being really nice to my new neighbours. They dont want that though. They want to be disablist. Loud. Insular. Threatening. HAHA, what losers would desire any of that?? You should have seen them giving me there best 'mean glares' as they ignore my polite and reasonable requests. Its madness. This morning I woke up, and strangely I feel good. Lighter on my feet. Not sure why. I was disappointed by neighbours and friends that I reached out to last night to help. And still today, I feel great. Weird. 

Glad you found your scissors! lol. Beaker would not approve if I lost mine. He is obsessed with them. His favourite thing. He gets excited by the should of cutting. And he also really gets into caressing them and marking them as his. Like no other object.

Oh, poor Susan. You on the other hand would gladly sleep right next them all :lol:

Oh, party people.  I was young once. :lol:  But they are plant people.  Better them than people with kids.  The party ends, kids never leave.

I'm not sleeping next to spiders unless I'm outdoors.  I have a vacuum and I use it!  Get your ass out of the way when I do a deep clean.  Everything gets scrubbed and all the furniture gets moved.  There are not spider egg sacks hiding in this house.

Well damn, I got up at 9:30.  Totally forgot to put out the trash and missed him.  I'm not doing shit but I'm perfectly happy just hanging out at the house.  I can see the kids took the highway straight through downtown to leave the state.  Amatures, take the bypass, it's faster.  Hope they have a good time.  It's a couples trip and several of them are sharing a house rental.

28 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh, party people.  I was young once. :lol:  But they are plant people.  Better them than people with kids.  The party ends, kids never leave.

I'm not sleeping next to spiders unless I'm outdoors.  I have a vacuum and I use it!  Get your ass out of the way when I do a deep clean.  Everything gets scrubbed and all the furniture gets moved.  There are not spider egg sacks hiding in this house.

Well damn, I got up at 9:30.  Totally forgot to put out the trash and missed him.  I'm not doing shit but I'm perfectly happy just hanging out at the house.  I can see the kids took the highway straight through downtown to leave the state.  Amatures, take the bypass, it's faster.  Hope they have a good time.  It's a couples trip and several of them are sharing a house rental.

There is a teenager as far as i can tell. You should have seen it! They had all their shit stacked up my steps - locking me in. They were slamming around a fridge in the hallway at 11pm! And like I say, when I asked if they could be quiet they stared blankly at me. The kid pops out to ask for the wifi, also finding how they were just ignoring me to be a totally normal option. Then they started to dismantle the fridge. It was so weird!! Who would want to introduce themselves that way? Will they never acknowledge me, or is that just when they are doing something wrong? Just when you thought 2020 couldnt get any weirder, I have rude zombies living next to me! :lol: 

I really wanted normal neighbours :( It doesnt seem like it should be too much to ask. And I really do feel like prior to 2020 Id be more concerned about them. Now its just like "yeah, but no murder hornets... pff, you dont scare me!" :lol:

Amateurs indeed! Maybe he just wanted to show off his detailed truck on the main strip? I was once on the first floor of a vacation rental, with a 'guys trip' of men 40-55ish. Ugh that was painful! At least they passed out early! :lol: I forgot just how close you are to Florida. Hope its a smooth drive for them and that they have a great time!

They're mid Kentucky now.  You can blow through there really quick.  It's only 12 hours down there.

I'm collecting lantana seeds.  We're going to try this again. :lol:  Finished up the rest of the hand mowing at the garden.  I have a nice thrinder storm going on over my head.  Shut up and rain!

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

They're mid Kentucky now.  You can blow through there really quick.  It's only 12 hours down there.

I'm collecting lantana seeds.  We're going to try this again. :lol:  Finished up the rest of the hand mowing at the garden.  I have a nice thrinder storm going on over my head.  Shut up and rain!

It’s like you have a baby monitor on your daughter :lol:

Give that lantana one more go!

i hope your headaches lifted, even if the weather hasn’t broke yet?

im at the garden in a toque and coat, in winter socks (intentionally :P). Wish I had gloves too!

I'm still covered in sweat.  I had to come home and change clothes.  They just got into Alabama.

The University is also making students wear masks when they are outside even if they are alone.  Not much chance we'll be able to change that rule at the gardens.

Lots of noise but no rain.  At least not yet.

DJ and I are doing dinner and a movie at my place.  I made cheesy potatoes!

The Girl Scouts want to release ladybugs in our garden.

37 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm still covered in sweat.  I had to come home and change clothes.  They just got into Alabama.

The University is also making students wear masks when they are outside even if they are alone.  Not much chance we'll be able to change that rule at the gardens.

Lots of noise but no rain.  At least not yet.

DJ and I are doing dinner and a movie at my place.  I made cheesy potatoes!

The Girl Scouts want to release ladybugs in our garden.

I want cheesy potatoes so bad!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Ive been to Alabama... quite the place :lol:. I mean theres good folks to be found anywhere.... but like, its different world there, eh? lol. Lots stood out to me, but for some reason the things I always think of most is that at all the gas station checkout counters there would be a daily tabloid with the mug shots of everyone who'd been arrested the day before. It was placed where, here, it'd be an Auto Trader magazine or Oprahs magazine. Id never seen anything like those before. The other thing I remember is that they had caffeinated coffee creamers! Do y'all have that too?? "would you like some caffeine with your caffeine?" lol (maybe Im thinking of Georgia??)

You have too many friends for me to keep up - is DJ from the flower club? I hope you have a fun night!

Why do the Girl Scouts want to do that? Because they are good bugs and reduce herbicide use?

I have only passed through.  Drink my coffee black so no idea what they do with creamers.  DJ is my side project.  The girl who took over my job when I retired.

No idea on the girl scouts.  They are asking us where to get the ladybugs. :lol:

The kids made it to Florida and we finally got a nice rain out of that storm.  For the moment, all is right in the world.

Did a little research on the ladybug release.  Turns out that is not a good idea.   "ladybugs you can purchase for your garden are trapped in the wild, and that these ladybugs can carry parasites and diseases that will infect ladybugs native to your area."  Sent it off to the horticultural specialist for a professional opinion.  Cute idea but not in our garden.