Gardening

Gracii Guns

59 minutes ago, cineater said:

Wouldn't say eating better. :lol:  Not really focusing on it.  I was wondering how you liked your chopper.  Hopefully it comes in soon.

We've cooled down but the humidity is still high.  Got nice rain today.  Managed to get my car cleaned up between the drops.  I have a bunch of purple coneflowers I have to find a home for and some butterfly weed.  Want to put it at the kid's house but not sure they want it.  Wish I had a place for it at my house.

There are two well constructed squirrel nests high up in my front tree.  And then there is a third nest. :lol:  Has to belong to my amature squirrel.  Looks more like it was a place to store materials going up.  It's pretty low down in the tree.  And I still have cuttings coming out of the tree daily.  I'll watch the third nest.  I have a decorative bird house big enough for a squirrel.  I may have to put it up there if the new guy gets desperate enough.  :lol:

I put greens on my burger, therefore it was healthy :lol: I'm excited for the chopper!

Yay rain!

HAHAHAHA that poor squirrel! :lol: I think you might need to go ahead and offer him that housing :lol: Hes probably really good at other stuff, though lol. If you gift him a home, will you goose him? :lol:

Ive been getting my fall and winter stuff out of the closet. I can literally measure this gardening season in under 8 cups. Total. Made some pollinators happy at least.

1 minute ago, cineater said:

Simone has left the patio and is on the prowl!  Her tummy is normal color and the paws look good.

Thats great news!

2 minutes ago, soon said:

I put greens on my burger, therefore it was healthy :lol: I'm excited for the chopper!

Yay rain!

HAHAHAHA that poor squirrel! :lol: I think you might need to go ahead and offer him that housing :lol: Hes probably really good at other stuff, though lol. If you gift him a home, will you goose him? :lol:

Ive been getting my fall and winter stuff out of the closet. I can literally measure this gardening season in under 8 cups. Total. Made some pollinators happy at least.

Maybe he'll hang out in the pot I have hanging in the tree. 

Been a poor year for vegetable gardening.  We needed a good year to help the food pantries.  

My daughter is totally unaware of the weather in her area.  Good thing they are in a tall pickup truck.  Not only is she in an area that will have flood warnings, they will have to drive through the hurricane on land.  I'd be leaving tomorrow morning.

24 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Do you still have George Jones the possum? I helped name him.😄

I have his child.  I think the neighbor trapped him and then posted it on nextdoor where she received no support for trapping a possum.

Check this 3D-printed home out.  I want one.  https://www.zillow.com/blog/3d-printed-home-226492/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emm_zg_br_g_buzzuniquehomes_091220_1_national_rng_q2_brand&utm_content=fullstorybutton

Edited by cineater
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cineater said:

Maybe he'll hang out in the pot I have hanging in the tree. 

Been a poor year for vegetable gardening.  We needed a good year to help the food pantries.  

My daughter is totally unaware of the weather in her area.  Good thing they are in a tall pickup truck.  Not only is she in an area that will have flood warnings, they will have to drive through the hurricane on land.  I'd be leaving tomorrow morning.

Yeah, that squirrel needs some loving. Maybe a job sweeping up McDonalds :lol:

Its been an especially poor year for veggies since I didnt have 99.5% of my land to garden! It really sucks for your pantry project - people are likely leaning on food banks more than usual.

Well, Im glad you made her a little bit aware of the weather. Oh hes got a raised truck? I like those. Id never have headed there during storm season to begin with! lol

No spider sightings in a few days :headbang: Beakers added the scorch marks to his rounds. He swats at the burned corpses a bit.

You haven't removed the bodies?  This is moving towards sick obsession. :lol:

They've gone to Tropical Storm Warning.  Not sure how bad that is for them but pack up and get out now.  I think it's a regular type truck but the kid and I have to crawl up in it.

I'm off to help Susan repack.

30 minutes ago, cineater said:

You haven't removed the bodies?  This is moving towards sick obsession. :lol:

They've gone to Tropical Storm Warning.  Not sure how bad that is for them but pack up and get out now.  I think it's a regular type truck but the kid and I have to crawl up in it.

I'm off to help Susan repack.

I leave the bodies as a warning to the others. Like heads on pikes! :lol:

Id be gone too! But as a beach bunny she probably has developed a good sense of how to gauge the locals reactions to the warnings and how to read the skies?

Hi to Susan, Id send your my torch if I ddint need it!

How is Simone doing today?

No, she's a beach vacationer.  Has no idea about weather patterns.  No clue about waiting in long traffic lines.  It's moving pretty slowly towards them.  Maybe they'll pay more attention when the first storm hits.  I will not be upset if that big Trump banner somebody brought with them gets blown away. :lol:

We have Susan all packed up and ready to go to storage.  She's saying she has no idea when she'll see this stuff again.  Did get several cans of cat food for the girls she didn't want.  Sent you a picture of them enjoying the fruits of my labor.

Simone is better.  Seeing more of her than normal.

Beautiful weather here.  Did a little seed collecting.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

No, she's a beach vacationer.  Has no idea about weather patterns.  No clue about waiting in long traffic lines.  It's moving pretty slowly towards them.  Maybe they'll pay more attention when the first storm hits.  I will not be upset if that big Trump banner somebody brought with them gets blown away. :lol:

We have Susan all packed up and ready to go to storage.  She's saying she has no idea when she'll see this stuff again.  Did get several cans of cat food for the girls she didn't want.  Sent you a picture of them enjoying the fruits of my labor.

Simone is better.  Seeing more of her than normal.

Beautiful weather here.  Did a little seed collecting.

Someone in their group brought a Trump banner?? Whoever it was, I hope it blows away too! :lol:

Look at those two cuties! They look very happy about their treat. Simone, in so much as one picture can tell, looks steady on her feet. You know, I think Lily and Simone's combined volume is Beakers volume :lol: Hes a big boy.

Im glad to hear shes better. So would that mean that the diagnosis was correct - because she is responding to the shot she got?

2 hours ago, soon said:

Someone in their group brought a Trump banner?? Whoever it was, I hope it blows away too! :lol:

Look at those two cuties! They look very happy about their treat. Simone, in so much as one picture can tell, looks steady on her feet. You know, I think Lily and Simone's combined volume is Beakers volume :lol: Hes a big boy.

Im glad to hear shes better. So would that mean that the diagnosis was correct - because she is responding to the shot she got?

Still don't know about that diagnosis.  I'm still worried about the weed killer I put on the yard.

Let me just beat Del.  After our path discussion, he said he wasn't doing any more.  But he went out and brought Preen and applied it.  This weed killer is to keep weeds from emerging by forming a barrier over the soil.  You disturb it and you break the barrier.  Totally worthless where you walk, run wheelbarrows and where I'm about to drive a flatbed trailer over!  Plus he's not the lead over paths.  That man. :lol:

You know, with Susan being homeless she's available to house sit for me.  Not sure if the cats can put up with her neurosis. :lol:

• Haha 1

Okay try not to have too much fun with this but it might be a spider bite.  I was collecting seeds with bees around too.  I'm pretty sure though the itching started at Susan's.  I just thought her fabric softener on the clothes was getting to me.  But hard spot on my arm and the whole area is red.  Just when the flu shot was starting to calm down.  Helps to define my muscle. :lol:

12 hours ago, cineater said:

Still don't know about that diagnosis.  I'm still worried about the weed killer I put on the yard.

Let me just beat Del.  After our path discussion, he said he wasn't doing any more.  But he went out and brought Preen and applied it.  This weed killer is to keep weeds from emerging by forming a barrier over the soil.  You disturb it and you break the barrier.  Totally worthless where you walk, run wheelbarrows and where I'm about to drive a flatbed trailer over!  Plus he's not the lead over paths.  That man. :lol:

You know, with Susan being homeless she's available to house sit for me.  Not sure if the cats can put up with her neurosis. :lol:

I hope Simone is continuing to do well today?

You kind of have a love/hate thing going towards Del? :lol:

7 hours ago, cineater said:

Okay try not to have too much fun with this but it might be a spider bite.  I was collecting seeds with bees around too.  I'm pretty sure though the itching started at Susan's.  I just thought her fabric softener on the clothes was getting to me.  But hard spot on my arm and the whole area is red.  Just when the flu shot was starting to calm down.  Helps to define my muscle. :lol:

Yikes! It sounds like a big mark? Can you see any puncture wounds?

I had a spider nightmare... just woke up from it!

Simone being sick has me worried, and also concerned about what I would do if Beaker got sick. At the start of lockdown I wrote a detailed care plan for Beaker in case I died. But I really gotta figure out his care plan during pandemic - I need to ask my volunteer if they can be available for cat emergencies 24/7?

And then I get word that one of my siblings woke up to find their cat had died. :(

I think they loved their cat as much as I do Beaker. :( 

I have the you annoy the shit out of me but I respect your dedication thing going on with Del.  :lol:

My vet doesn't allow you in the clinic with your pet.  You pull up and call them to come out and get the pet.  I do have one of those cards in my wallet saying my pets are home alone and who to contact.  Single people have to think of this stuff.

I have got to get my tropicals back in the house by Thursday.  The night time temps are going into the 50's.  I know they are going to hate coming back in.

You can see a pin prick.  It's not getting any worse.  Little sore.  Not telling Susan I might have got a bite. :lol:

Did you like Simone's picture?  She was having a little trouble waking up this Monday morning.  I kids are bailing on Florida and getting ready to leave.  They have a few hours before the rain gets there.  Don't like that they will be driving all night but they're young and there's two of them, go for it.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

I have the you annoy the shit out of me but I respect your dedication thing going on with Del.  :lol:

My vet doesn't allow you in the clinic with your pet.  You pull up and call them to come out and get the pet.  I do have one of those cards in my wallet saying my pets are home alone and who to contact.  Single people have to think of this stuff.

I have got to get my tropicals back in the house by Thursday.  The night time temps are going into the 50's.  I know they are going to hate coming back in.

You can see a pin prick.  It's not getting any worse.  Little sore.  Not telling Susan I might have got a bite. :lol:

Did you like Simone's picture?  She was having a little trouble waking up this Monday morning.  I kids are bailing on Florida and getting ready to leave.  They have a few hours before the rain gets there.  Don't like that they will be driving all night but they're young and there's two of them, go for it.

I had all my cat contingencies. They need a new normal updating though.

It is so cold here already! Tomatoes aren’t ripe yet.

If it’s just one bite mark then we can rule out a recluse. Or at least they didn’t get you with a full dose.

I can’t wait to see that pic when I get home! 

Glad they are leaving early. They must be disappointed.

1 hour ago, soon said:

I had all my cat contingencies. They need a new normal updating though.

It is so cold here already! Tomatoes aren’t ripe yet.

If it’s just one bite mark then we can rule out a recluse. Or at least they didn’t get you with a full dose.

I can’t wait to see that pic when I get home! 

Glad they are leaving early. They must be disappointed.

They went down to the beach to watch the storm coming in.  Sent you a picture.  Pretty much told them it was time to move on.

You cooled off quick.

My duck pictures made the news!  :lol:  Remember when I duck the neighbor?  I sent the pictures to the news station for their doing something fun during the pandemic.  They finally showed them.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

They went down to the beach to watch the storm coming in.  Sent you a picture.  Pretty much told them it was time to move on.

You cooled off quick.

My duck pictures made the news!  :lol:  Remember when I duck the neighbor?  I sent the pictures to the news station for their doing something fun during the pandemic.  They finally showed them.

That pic of Simone! Look at her! 'I am Simone, hear me roar' :headbang:

I didnt receive the pic of the storm coming in. But yeah, get out of there!!

I remember you mentioned they took the pics. Thats awesome they made the news! :lol:

Shit, they decided to stay until the morning so they can drop a friend at the airport.  Hope they don't get themselves in trouble.

Geez Del just shut up.  Get an email from him pointing out all he did today then he wants to know his recourse for people telling him he has to remove some plants.  I told him last year he could not plant there because it was considered path and he would have to get approval from the leads team.  But he did it anyway.  I basically told him we operate on the honor system and he violated that. :lol:  I left him in total limbo questioning his ability to follow the rules he continually complains other people don't do.  And he copied the extension staff on it so they were included in my reply. :lol:  Don't pick a fight with me Del.

And the side project called wanting help.  It's only because I have plants that need a home that I'm going over.  Gives me shit I can't see the kid for 2 weeks after she comes back from Florida because of covid yet her husband just got told his personal trainer had to have a covid test.  Who's not being careful now?

Edited by cineater

They are almost on top of the storm, in the clear and heading home.

Del rephased it to call it a violation of protocol.  Wants to do a mail in vote.  Nope, our bylaws do not allow a vote outside of a meeting Mr try the democratic way. :lol:  And I don't think this qualifies for an emergency meeting.  Are we done now?

Off to play in the dirt.  Nobody caught my 15 minutes of fame.  Didn't even get 15 minutes it was like 10 seconds. :lol:

Edited by cineater

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Shit, they decided to stay until the morning so they can drop a friend at the airport.  Hope they don't get themselves in trouble.

Geez Del just shut up.  Get an email from him pointing out all he did today then he wants to know his recourse for people telling him he has to remove some plants.  I told him last year he could not plant there because it was considered path and he would have to get approval from the leads team.  But he did it anyway.  I basically told him we operate on the honor system and he violated that. :lol:  I left him in total limbo questioning his ability to follow the rules he continually complains other people don't do.  And he copied the extension staff on it so they were included in my reply. :lol:  Don't pick a fight with me Del.

And the side project called wanting help.  It's only because I have plants that need a home that I'm going over.  Gives me shit I can't see the kid for 2 weeks after she comes back from Florida because of covid yet her husband just got told his personal trainer had to have a covid test.  Who's not being careful now?

Caleb better drive fast, that is precious cargo!

Del is games for days :lol:

Oh I didnt think of that - the kids will be in quarantine when they get back home?

We had 61 new daily cases yesterday. Thats June level numbers. The day before that, Province wide we had around 313 which is also June level numbers. Announcements at 1pm. Im thinking mostly some wrist slap new rules and the threat that if we dont shape up we'll be back to lockdown. And Im back to lockdown already. Oh, and these skyrocketing numbers arrive just as the kids went back to school.

7 minutes ago, cineater said:

They are almost on top of the storm, in the clear and heading home.

Del rephased it to call it a violation of protocol.  Wants to do a mail in vote.  Nope, our bylaws do not allow a vote outside of a meeting Mr try the democratic way. :lol:  And I don't think this qualifies for an emergency meeting.  Are we done now?

Off to play in the dirt.

Riders on the storm. Glad to hear it.

Have fun in the dirt. We had frost last night. Enough that an advisory was issued. The gardening season is officailly come to an end for me. Out to harvest my holy basil, if its not dead.

I found that summer time paired well with lock down. Not so much last march when it was still winter. First day out for daily walk that was sunny was so extraordinary... thats a long ways off from today. This sucks.

Listened to Brokendown Podcast this morning. Thats the good lock down shit!

I'm sorry your gardening season has come to an end.  Doesn't Canada have some territory in a warmer climate you could move to?  Something in the tropics?

The kids are almost home.  Caleb goes back to work tomorrow and they have a wedding in Iowa on Saturday.  They aren't quarantining.  

We got a lot done on the side project today.  Besides getting over ran by Bermuda grass, it is doing good.

I need a Grateful Dead show!

Del has decided he is going to give the plants away if people who want them are willing to dig them up. :lol:  He wants to know what time frame he has to have them out by.  Don't know Del, I didn't tell you to have them removed.

I have a meeting that night but here is a zoom meeting on bees.  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wild-ones-heather-holm-presents-the-bombus-among-us-bumble-bee-basics-tickets-106995185480?aff=ebdssbeac

Kids are home.  Their house sitter forgot to water the plants.

Update:  The ad he wanted in the newsletter says check with me on the time frame they have to be removed by. :lol:  Once again Del, no, I have nothing to do with it, check with you.  He says people have asked me to remove these.  No, we told you not to do it and you did it anyway.  Come to find out the reason the watering system for his garden is leaking underground is because Kevin hit it with the big mower because he was trying not to hit the bush that wasn't supposed to be there. :lol:  Just stop talking Del.

Edited by cineater

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Del has decided he is going to give the plants away if people who want them are willing to dig them up. :lol:  He wants to know what time frame he has to have them out by.  Don't know Del, I didn't tell you to have them removed.

I have a meeting that night but here is a zoom meeting on bees.  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wild-ones-heather-holm-presents-the-bombus-among-us-bumble-bee-basics-tickets-106995185480?aff=ebdssbeac

Kids are home.  Their house sitter forgot to water the plants.

Update:  The ad he wanted in the newsletter says check with me on the time frame they have to be removed by. :lol:  Once again Del, no, I have nothing to do with it, check with you.  He says people have asked me to remove these.  No, we told you not to do it and you did it anyway.  Come to find out the reason the watering system for his garden is leaking underground is because Kevin hit it with the big mower because he was trying not to hit the bush that wasn't supposed to be there. :lol:  Just stop talking Del.

Dels gonna feel like all the girls are bossing him around :lol:

Thanks for link to bee class! Im gonna do that for sure - wont be the same without you though!

Glad the kids are safe and sound. Isnt watering the plants one of 2-3 jobs that make up house sitting??

Can Del and Kevin have a sitcom please? :lol: Master Gardener of None, maybe? :lol:

Never trust that the house sitter will water the plants.  If Susan has to watch my house I'll have to have Marsha stop by and take care of the plants.

The whole garden is a sitcom if you look at it right. :lol:  We're about to get busy.  Lots to do in the fall.  Jan has been taking down trail cams somebody is putting up on her property.  I'm thinking about putting them up at the gardens so I can see what is visiting us.

Have you visited the big garden you weren't allowed into?

34 minutes ago, cineater said:

Never trust that the house sitter will water the plants.  If Susan has to watch my house I'll have to have Marsha stop by and take care of the plants.

The whole garden is a sitcom if you look at it right. :lol:  We're about to get busy.  Lots to do in the fall.  Jan has been taking down trail cams somebody is putting up on her property.  I'm thinking about putting them up at the gardens so I can see what is visiting us.

Have you visited the big garden you weren't allowed into?

Wait, a stranger is putting trail cams up at Jans home?? Yeah, it would be fun to see what wildlife visits the garden! I cant figure out how to operate mine though! :lol:

I could write that sitcom! :lol: Have you done any writing lately?

I havent visited, no. THeres the large garden Ive had for some time and then theres the new operation I was supposed to begin this year. Larger plot. I could see visiting my personal garden, but Im not quite feeling like looking at my new garden. Too sad. Hopefully next time I see it will be late winter when I start preparing to get up and running. Failing that, I will be found there late one night ten years from now, weeping into my beer :lol:

Still havent got my indoor garden up. Hopefully today. I might grow some herb seedlings for new neighbour. Im baking bread right now and am considering taking them a loaf but thats mostly selfish because Ive been smelling their cooing and its even better than mine, were that possible, and maybe if I give her bread, shell bring me some of the meat shes been braising :lol:

How was cheesy potatoes with DJ?