14 hours ago, cineater said:

My fault, it's scheduled for tomorrow.

Other way around.:lol:

Yep lyric in the song:

I left St. Louis, the City of Blues
In the midst of a storm I'd rather forget
I tried to pretend it came to an end
'Cause you weren't the woman I thought I once met

I threw the geraniums and begonias back outside.  The night temps are up for the next 2 weeks and they are easier to maintain outside.

Ill try the link again today, but based on yesterday Im not sure it will let me in. Hopefully!

Neat lyrics. Thanks. Perfect for your scenario at the time. And then when you went on to talk about begonias I wasnt sure if it was still a Dead lyric, lol.

Is St louis known in general as the "City if Blues?"

Also, there is a chain restaruant here called "St Louis Wings" does that mean you lot take pride in your chicken wings? Im making some hot sauce today!

Ive been making and freezing so many meals - in my whirlwind I managed to freeze all the meals. Nothing thaw for me to eat today! :lol:

More rain here.

St Louis is home to the Blues both musically and in hockey.  Yeah we like our wings and toasted ravioli.  :lol:

Busy day.  Justin asked me to do something that he could have sent an email on in the time it took him to ask me. :anger:  Fortunately Joe jumped in and set him straight.  :lol:  Not my project and my plate is full.  And Alex put our Bylaws on his agenda.  Splitting hairs here because they do have an influence over what we put in our bylaws but our agreement with them is a separate document with a different name.  Just letting him know he doesn't have that kind of control over us.  You know I'm done with getting excited about that kind of shit.  Wonder what he makes of my getting somebody to cover for me at the meeting tomorrow night?  Not pissed off about anything, I just want to go on this garden tour.  He may think the meeting is a big thing but I don't. :lol:

I got leftovers from the kids.  I told them to freeze but they didn't want to.  Caleb is a good cook.  I'm set for the rest of the week.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

St Louis is home to the Blues both musically and in hockey.  Yeah we like our wings and toasted ravioli.  :lol:

Busy day.  Justin asked me to do something that he could have sent an email on in the time it took him to ask me. :anger:  Fortunately Joe jumped in and set him straight.  :lol:  Not my project and my plate is full.  And Alex put our Bylaws on his agenda.  Splitting hairs here because they do have an influence over what we put in our bylaws but our agreement with them is a separate document with a different name.  Just letting him know he doesn't have that kind of control over us.  You know I'm done with getting excited about that kind of shit.  Wonder what he makes of my getting somebody to cover for me at the meeting tomorrow night?  Not pissed off about anything, I just want to go on this garden tour.  He may think the meeting is a big thing but I don't. :lol:

I got leftovers from the kids.  I told them to freeze but they didn't want to.  Caleb is a good cook.  I'm set for the rest of the week.

Where were you? I thought you had the plague!!

Oh thats right, the hockey team too. Something in the history of blues must have happened there? I love toasted ravioli too!! One of the only places that I legit miss going to is a pub that serves those along with all sorts of rare beers from around the world. So tasty! Made em at home once or twice too.

Good for Joe, straightening him out. As someone who is frequently part of creating meeting 'rules' and group bylaws I cannot imagine being passionate and overzealous about it. Some people seem to get off on it and even find their identity in dispensing rules. But I cant relate. Its a drag. Something thats 'good enough' and not oppressive is just fine with me! Like it matters and its important that we have good people like you on it. Its those other meddlers that I cant relate too. People who like power for the sake of power, not function.

Ooh, what did Caleb make?

Microgreens tomorrow, I believe :headbang:

Yeah St Louis has a long history of the blues.  We have a blues museum and famous people.

My patio lights are up.

Ooops class is starting in a few.  Hopefully you missed that. :lol:  Second slide in the presenter starts to cry.  Totally lost her train of thought.  Some of it was interesting what she is doing but she didn't present it very well.

Edited by cineater

53 minutes ago, cineater said:

Yeah St Louis has a long history of the blues.  We have a blues museum and famous people.

My patio lights are up.

Ooops class is starting in a few.  Hopefully you missed that. :lol:  Second slide in the presenter starts to cry.  Totally lost her train of thought.  Some of it was interesting what she is doing but she didn't present it very well.

Yeah I missed it - why did she cry?? :lol: Just general millennial-ness? :lol: (Also, sucks that I forgot to try to log in, sorry! Still dont think it would have let me in though)

Yay patio lights!!

I'll have to bone up about St Louis and the blues :headbang:

No idea why this woman was an emotional mess.

Sent you pictures of the patio at night.  I'm missing a bunch of plants but such a nice place to be.  And now for the VP debates. :lol:  I'll head back to my sanctuary after that.

I'm going to be busy the next few days.  We're straightening up the greenhouse tomorrow and Friday is the Audubon Society walk through for certification.  Lots of eating out involved. :lol:  The Bridal Shower is Sunday too.  I think I have next week open but you know how that goes.

Forgot to mention Marsha is going to be my assistant overall garden lead.  Just means she's really busy with the plant sale now to April so run your stuff by me but we will talk about it.  I mull over all the important stuff with her anyway.  And I'm pretty much her gal Friday on the plant sale anyway.

Edited by cineater

13 hours ago, cineater said:

No idea why this woman was an emotional mess.

Sent you pictures of the patio at night.  I'm missing a bunch of plants but such a nice place to be.  And now for the VP debates. :lol:  I'll head back to my sanctuary after that.

I'm going to be busy the next few days.  We're straightening up the greenhouse tomorrow and Friday is the Audubon Society walk through for certification.  Lots of eating out involved. :lol:  The Bridal Shower is Sunday too.  I think I have next week open but you know how that goes.

Forgot to mention Marsha is going to be my assistant overall garden lead.  Just means she's really busy with the plant sale now to April so run your stuff by me but we will talk about it.  I mull over all the important stuff with her anyway.  And I'm pretty much her gal Friday on the plant sale anyway.

Sounds like a weird class!

Your patio sanctuary looks so beautiful! Sancturary really is the right word for it. Looks so inviting and calm. And cool! Youll need somewhere like that after enduring the debate! Youre braver than I am! Glad you got all the painting and fixing sorted - well done!

Good luck with the Audobon certification!! I hope your team all behaves themselves between now and then! :lol: Im jealous - I havent eaten out in a while again. Miss dosa so bad!

Wait Karens shower is this Sunday? I knew youd rescheduled but I thought it was still a lot further away. Thats exciting!

Thats awesome, you and marsha are a formiddable force!

Im about to harvest my microgreens. Did you think the day would ever come when I got to say that?? And their so big, in just one week that they are flopping over (might need even closer lighting, but Im just pumped that they are ready in a week!) Will send pics.

I know, I love my back porch.  I have this nice French door that allows me to look out on it even if the weather makes it too bad to be out there.

The wedding isn't until next June.  Even if we can't get in the reception the wedding is going to happen.  We cancelled the shower with 2 weeks notice.  People already had their gifts so we wanted to reschedule that to get the gifts out of their way and to at least have it while things are open.  We're thinking if it gets bad again with covid we will be shut down when we would have had it closer to the wedding.  And now Danielle is pregnant, there's a baby shower the group needs to do next spring.

I'm so happy your microgreens are working out!  Is there enough soil for the roots to hold up the plant?

We discovered a lot of our flats and containers are missing from the greenhouse.  We're not sure if they are at members houses for cleaning or if somebody has been helping themselves.  And we did have a possible break in.  We'll put a call out to return the stuff and hopefully it comes in.

Kevin has stirred up a lot of shit over that thorn tree we want to take down.  I'm relieved of the responsibility, I brought up the concern.  What they do about it makes no difference to me.  The higher ups agree it should come out but they are playing it politically correct by not making the decision.  Whatever people.

Off to water some grass seed.

I know, I love my back porch.  I have this nice French door that allows me to look out on it even if the weather makes it too bad to be out there.

The wedding isn't until next June.  Even if we can't get in the reception the wedding is going to happen.  We cancelled the shower with 2 weeks notice.  People already had their gifts so we wanted to reschedule that to get the gifts out of their way and to at least have it while things are open.  We're thinking if it gets bad again with covid we will be shut down when we would have had it closer to the wedding.  And now Danielle is pregnant, there's a baby shower the group needs to do next spring.

I'm so happy your microgreens are working out!  Is there enough soil for the roots to hold up the plant?

We discovered a lot of our flats and containers are missing from the greenhouse.  We're not sure if they are at members houses for cleaning or if somebody has been helping themselves.  And we did have a possible break in.  We'll put a call out to return the stuff and hopefully it comes in.

Kevin has stirred up a lot of shit over that thorn tree we want to take down.  I'm relieved of the responsibility, I brought up the concern.  What they do about it makes no difference to me.  The higher ups agree it should come out but they are playing it politically correct by not making the decision.  Whatever people.

Off to water some grass seed.

Its perfect.

Oh, right, I remember that now. Is organizing it all your job? Boys or no boys? Found out my cousins knocked up and the dude is travelling to meet the family over thanksgiving (this weekend). I do not envy him :lol:

I think they just got  bit leggy. The soil amount is in teh instructions, so hopefully its the correct/optimal amount! They were not the most flavourful Ive had. But they are harvested and nutritious. Now I wil figure out all the fine tuning :headbang:

I hope all the flats find their way back. No bad vibes in gardening is a universal rule!

If you seed grass now, do you see growth this year or next spring?

The shower is the bride's maids job.  I went with if there is something I can do let me know.  So far I paid for the room rental and brought the prizes for the game.  No boys.

Normally we grass seed here in September and you will see growth after 10 days.  I was late because I kept waiting for rain which we never got.  The new plants from the fall are stronger because they've had two growing seasons.  If you seed in the spring, you lose some of them to the summer heat.

Del called to tell me Donna was using the stone bed for perennials and it was almost filled.  Huh?  We do that every year Del.  Yes she's making great progress.  No idea what that was all about. :lol:  Still no word on the start of the creek project.

14 hours ago, cineater said:

The shower is the bride's maids job.  I went with if there is something I can do let me know.  So far I paid for the room rental and brought the prizes for the game.  No boys.

Normally we grass seed here in September and you will see growth after 10 days.  I was late because I kept waiting for rain which we never got.  The new plants from the fall are stronger because they've had two growing seasons.  If you seed in the spring, you lose some of them to the summer heat.

Del called to tell me Donna was using the stone bed for perennials and it was almost filled.  Huh?  We do that every year Del.  Yes she's making great progress.  No idea what that was all about. :lol:  Still no word on the start of the creek project.

Sounds like youll get to mainly enjoy yourself at the shower - have a great time!

Del was thinking "I dont remember telling Donna to do that.... is she allowed to if I didnt tell her too?" :lol:

Man, I keep thinking the creek project is about to start.

People were able to harvest their cherry tomatoes but I still see small, green tomoatos on all the other plants. And we had another frost last night. Did you get another?

Got to the bottom of the Del thing.  He thought maybe that was where all our missing supplies went.

We got Platinum certification from the audubon society.  We are the first institution in the county to receive their highest award.  Woohoo for us.

You missed my news.  Our guys are going to pick up the GNR pinball machine this weekend!  They have a tendency to stay there longer than planned but I should have my fingers on it here soon.

Got to the bottom of the Del thing.  He thought maybe that was where all our missing supplies went.

We got Platinum certification from the audubon society.  We are the first institution in the county to receive their highest award.  Woohoo for us.

You missed my news.  Our guys are going to pick up the GNR pinball machine this weekend!  They have a tendency to stay there longer than planned but I should have my fingers on it here soon.

Thats awesome!! Platinum certification!!! Youre all low key about it, lol. This is such an honour. The first ones too!!! :headbang:Well done!

Yay pinball machine!! Ive been so happy for you since I heard about its release. Wish i could buy you one!! I hope they get it there fast!

Just had a pulled pork sandwich, with garden herbs in the chicken, microgreens and homemade hot sauce, on homemade bread. Pretty good, if I do say so myself!

The award is awesome!

Last night's council meeting has me low key.  They basically said they had no money and are not going to offer us supportive services.  A couple people are screaming loud and long about if they can't do that we should pull away from them, ie downsize the gardens to just a few beds.  The approach from these people is how can we get back at them.  I see it as hurting ourselves and doing nothing to them.  By them I mean just the one person who stirred up all the shit.  These people feel the council takes credit for what we do while now giving us nothing and a bunch of shit.  And the Council gave permission to remove the tree that Kevin is having a fit about.  In short the main people in the MG's are all up in arms.  It's been a year of dealing with shit and it doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon.  

So I'm just letting it go.  :lol:  Not feeding into the chaos.  Work yourself up into a frenzy folks, call me when you're ready to calm your ass down.  I'll be over at the GNR pinball machine.

37 minutes ago, cineater said:

The award is awesome!

Last night's council meeting has me low key.  They basically said they had no money and are not going to offer us supportive services.  A couple people are screaming loud and long about if they can't do that we should pull away from them, ie downsize the gardens to just a few beds.  The approach from these people is how can we get back at them.  I see it as hurting ourselves and doing nothing to them.  By them I mean just the one person who stirred up all the shit.  These people feel the council takes credit for what we do while now giving us nothing and a bunch of shit.  And the Council gave permission to remove the tree that Kevin is having a fit about.  In short the main people in the MG's are all up in arms.  It's been a year of dealing with shit and it doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon.  

So I'm just letting it go.  :lol:  Not feeding into the chaos.  Work yourself up into a frenzy folks, call me when you're ready to calm your ass down.  I'll be over at the GNR pinball machine.

It really is! And Im sure that your leadership made all the difference. This is too cool!  I forget if you were there for their walk through? Or maybe before and after?

Sorry to hear your MGs are getting so much shit. And yeah, keep all those beds - keep the garden big. No good would come of down sizing. Fucking 2020.

Youre gonna be playing that game in no time! A brand new GNR release, for you :headbang:

Don't know about my leadership but I was there for the walk through.  We had a picnic afterwards where I praised the team and their leader.

I bet it mattered a lot!

That must have been thrilling to be there for it! What was it like??

That sounds nice afterwards!

Whats new with the butterfly garden?

He treated us like equals almost like he respected us more. :lol:  We kept the group who was there small because of covid.  Can't wait for the whole group to find out.

So you know that whole "Looks Like Rain" thing one goes through when you daughter moves out of the family home to be on her own?  You go through that again when you wrap her bridal shower gift.  Did not see that coming but you know I never got fully through it the first time.  Anyway, we are spending the day together tomorrow. :)

As I told Marsha, I'm putting my plans on hold until we decide all this shit.  If the plan is to truly downsize the gardens there is no point in my developing garden tours, education ideas or better management of the gardens.  One of the first gardens to go because it is planted in annuals every year would be the butterfly shaped one.  I can take it down and have it in grass seed in half a day.  We demonstrate and educate on annuals pretty well at our plant sale.  What I was developing with that was the showstopper, the draw to the gardens to attract large amounts of visitors.  Small number of demonstration gardens is not really a draw for lots of visitors.  Lets not set more people up to be disappointed with us because we're already going to disappoint people when we start downsizing.  Reality sucks. :lol:

Marsha is taking in what I said about hurting ourselves.  She still wants to go there when she rants but when she slows down she's see it in what she says.  We're going to make changes but let's have the right motivation going on.

11 hours ago, cineater said:

He treated us like equals almost like he respected us more. :lol:  We kept the group who was there small because of covid.  Can't wait for the whole group to find out.

What?!?! Youre making progress now!! :lol: Sometimes you gotta push back a bit. Thats one point for your team!

So you know that whole "Looks Like Rain" thing one goes through when you daughter moves out of the family home to be on her own?  You go through that again when you wrap her bridal shower gift.  Did not see that coming but you know I never got fully through it the first time.  Anyway, we are spending the day together tomorrow. :)

Oh Cin :hug:. I cant imagine, but I can guess. Yeah, big changes. I hope you have the best day together today!

As I told Marsha, I'm putting my plans on hold until we decide all this shit.  If the plan is to truly downsize the gardens there is no point in my developing garden tours, education ideas or better management of the gardens.  One of the first gardens to go because it is planted in annuals every year would be the butterfly shaped one.  I can take it down and have it in grass seed in half a day.  We demonstrate and educate on annuals pretty well at our plant sale.  What I was developing with that was the showstopper, the draw to the gardens to attract large amounts of visitors.  Small number of demonstration gardens is not really a draw for lots of visitors.  Lets not set more people up to be disappointed with us because we're already going to disappoint people when we start downsizing.  Reality sucks. :lol:

I really hope that it wont come to downsizing. But yeah, might as well hit pause on all that planning. They better not touch your butterfly bed though!! Youve got a better attitude about it than I do! :lol:

Also, I really took it to heart when you dead head mother scolded me about when i antagonized covidiots. Havent since. But yesterday I ended up stuck in a line and two burly MAGA types with no mask waled straight at me - they were gonna rub against to then take there place on the social distance marker behind me (dummies!). So I left the line, walked into a busy parking lot to let them passed, and rejoined the line. I heard them mocking me, suggesting the virus is a hoax and im an idiot, blah, blah blah.

So anyways - and this is key - do you remember I think it was early days of Trumps campaign in 2015, he actually said "Bing bing, bong bong" at one of his rallies? :lol:

With out turning to look at them I just said "Bing bing, bong bong" in a funny voice. And they laughed, as others laughed at them. And it was all good after that! I think they thought I was pretty cool after that.

Did I do a good thing??!! lol

I don't know the bing bing, bong bong but if everybody got along it was good.  I have a tendency to tune out Trump's voice.

Actually in the downsizing I would have a big voice.  The foundation beds I have put most of my work into would be turned back over to the Extension office right off the bat.  They are decoration.  And the Butterfly shape garden would go.  The Extension office has had so many budget cuts and has been downsized to the point it's kind of worthless.  If I was on the county funding group, I wouldn't be giving them any money.  I'd take what the university was giving and put those staff in vacant office space the county already had.  I wouldn't fund that building.  The university has been cutting back on the staff and programs they supply.  The whole thing is dying.  The biggest programs are ours and 4H none of which are money makers to support the property.

• Sad 1

Spent all day with the kid.  We did not find that special dress for tomorrow.  Ran into the bridesmaids at the party store.  They went home with a car so full of balloons I don't know how they got themselves in there. :lol:  The only plant thing all day was picking out the design on the napkins and paper plates.  Exactly what her mother would have picked out.

My side project text me a picture of an American Beauty bush she bought.  My favorite bush because the berries encircle the branch.  Not sure where we are going to put it on her property.

How-to-Grow-and-Care-for-American-Beauty

Edited by cineater

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Spent all day with the kid.  We did not find that special dress for tomorrow.  Ran into the bridesmaids at the party store.  They went home with a car so full of balloons I don't know how they got themselves in there. :lol:  The only plant thing all day was picking out the design on the napkins and paper plates.  Exactly what her mother would have picked out.

My side project text me a picture of an American Beauty bush she bought.  My favorite bush because the berries encircle the branch.  Not sure where we are going to put it on her property.

How-to-Grow-and-Care-for-American-Beauty

Sounds like a great time! What will she wear today? What will you wear today? LOL balloon car! See, shes never going too far away - picking the same plant napkins that you would have :) 

Thats so neat looking, wrapping the branch like that! Geez another Dead plant reference!! Maybe Hunter used to strole through MG gardens for inspiration?

When do things get underway today? Hope you and Karen have a blast!!

My biggest problem today is finding my makeup. :lol:  I have the appropriate summer dress for a casual dressy event.  She has to have something in that walk in closet.  Probably trying on a bunch of outfits.  I have to show up at 10 for check in and then they have an hour to set up before the guest get there.  My gift is that blue necklace, wrapped in blue for her something blue with a tag I made from flower pressing.  Afterwards we are going over to her house to see what Caleb did in the front yard.  I saw the wood shutters he made for the front of the house.  He did a nice job.  He's going to wow them.

Hunter, what went on in that's man mind!  Wonderland for the rest of us.

We spent all day yesterday of me either forgetting my glasses or mask in the car.  I just found Karen's mask in my car. :lol:

25 minutes ago, cineater said:

My biggest problem today is finding my makeup. :lol:  I have the appropriate summer dress for a casual dressy event.  She has to have something in that walk in closet.  Probably trying on a bunch of outfits.  I have to show up at 10 for check in and then they have an hour to set up before the guest get there.  My gift is that blue necklace, wrapped in blue for her something blue with a tag I made from flower pressing.  Afterwards we are going over to her house to see what Caleb did in the front yard.  I saw the wood shutters he made for the front of the house.  He did a nice job.  He's going to wow them.

Hunter, what went on in that's man mind!  Wonderland for the rest of us.

We spent all day yesterday of me either forgetting my glasses or mask in the car.  I just found Karen's mask in my car. :lol:

HAHA - especially always being masked, Im sure many people dont know where there lipstick is anymore! :lol:

That blue necklace is stunning! Im sure she'll love it! And the flower pressing is teh perfect touch.

Thats cool about the shutters. Maybe pics? Hes handy, can cook, can landscape... Caleb sounds pretty f'n rad!

Dont forget to take you mask, glasses and gift! :lol:

A lady is bringing me a pie, so thats my day made!!

Have fun!!! :headbang:

3 hours ago, soon said:

HAHA - especially always being masked, Im sure many people dont know where there lipstick is anymore! :lol:

That blue necklace is stunning! Im sure she'll love it! And the flower pressing is teh perfect touch.

Thats cool about the shutters. Maybe pics? Hes handy, can cook, can landscape... Caleb sounds pretty f'n rad!

Dont forget to take you mask, glasses and gift! :lol:

A lady is bringing me a pie, so thats my day made!!

Have fun!!! :headbang:

It all went well and the floral decorations were nice.  All the grandma's made it so that was cool.  The families all went over to see what Caleb had done in the yard.  Except me, lol.  I've seen it.  I gushed all over Caleb to his family.  I'm stuffed with cheese cake!