Gardening

Gracii Guns

I actually considered using my body soap to get all that conditioner out of my hair except my liquid body soap has a moisturizer in it and that would have made a bigger mess.  Fortunately I remembered the travel shampoo.  :lol:  Cussing in the shower.  Thing is I don't even use conditioner in my hair.  Those were the kid's leftovers I should have thrown out a long time ago.

I'm tired of class.  When I joined they were going over trees and shrubs and what caterpillars were attracted to each.  Endless lists of caterpillars.  I would have been good with which plants attract the most bugs.

Son of a bitch!  My counter top was covered in ants.  I had the one plant that was infected with them in the sink for water and another hanging basket in the other side.  The ants appear to have come out of the other basket.  I'm repotting both of them before they come back in the house.  And then going to do something that doesn't make me cuss. :lol:

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I actually considered using my body soap to get all that conditioner out of my hair except my liquid body soap has a moisturizer in it and that would have made a bigger mess.  Fortunately I remembered the travel shampoo.  :lol:  Cussing in the shower.  Thing is I don't even use conditioner in my hair.  Those were the kid's leftovers I should have thrown out a long time ago.

I'm tired of class.  When I joined they were going over trees and shrubs and what caterpillars were attracted to each.  Endless lists of caterpillars.  I would have been good with which plants attract the most bugs.

Son of a bitch!  My counter top was covered in ants.  I had the one plant that was infected with them in the sink for water and another hanging basket in the other side.  The ants appear to have come out of the other basket.  I'm repotting both of them before they come back in the house.  And then going to do something that doesn't make me cuss. :lol:

I remember a hair dresser put leave-in conditioner in my hair once, and I couldnt wash it out for days. I cuss in the shower if my phone dies (and the audio book/ podcast turns off). :lol:

Yeah, the proficiency of the presenters has varied significantly. I agree, I want the most applicable and immediately useful info. Maybe some sort of more cutting edge visuals too. I forget what its called, but theres a see through glass board that a presenter can write and draw on with nice colours, and it preents the image to us the proper way around. Its neat. Hyper board or something. Or some doodlies.

You are cussing like a trucker!! :lol: Oh no those ants!! I wish I could have the you who roasted me for the same thing come and roast you now :P

After re-potting, maybe a nice relaxing shower? :lol:

1 hour ago, soon said:

I remember a hair dresser put leave-in conditioner in my hair once, and I couldnt wash it out for days. I cuss in the shower if my phone dies (and the audio book/ podcast turns off). :lol:

Yeah, the proficiency of the presenters has varied significantly. I agree, I want the most applicable and immediately useful info. Maybe some sort of more cutting edge visuals too. I forget what its called, but theres a see through glass board that a presenter can write and draw on with nice colours, and it preents the image to us the proper way around. Its neat. Hyper board or something. Or some doodlies.

You are cussing like a trucker!! :lol: Oh no those ants!! I wish I could have the you who roasted me for the same thing come and roast you now :P

After re-potting, maybe a nice relaxing shower? :lol:

We have a Shakedown Stream!  Forwarded you the email.  I need this. :)  We're going to a concert!  Not a big Al Franklin fan but maybe I'll like him more as a deadhead.

I haven't got around to repotting.  Actually I've been pretty lazy.  Hopefully my energy kicks in.  I do have to get the plants in here.  We get frost tonight.

58 minutes ago, cineater said:

We have a Shakedown Stream!  Forwarded you the email.  I need this. :)  We're going to a concert!  Not a big Al Franklin fan but maybe I'll like him more as a deadhead.

I haven't got around to repotting.  Actually I've been pretty lazy.  Hopefully my energy kicks in.  I do have to get the plants in here.  We get frost tonight.

:dance:

Shakedown Scream!! I need this too! :) Bouyah! I always knew that guy was a Deadhead, but I never knew he was a comedian. Cant wait!

You can be lazy sometimes. I'm designing solar rigs.

Edited by soon

I'm so excited, a Dead concert. :)  Solar rigs sound cool.

I got off my ass and brought in the plants.  Trying to do too many and the one pot cracked out of my hand right after I got it in the door.  All over the carpet, continue my cussing streak.  Went well after that.  Trying to save too many plants as you can see in the pictures.  Of course, the repotting produced more plants.  And I discovered I can hang containers from the framework for the lights.  Two of my lights are on.  I'm going to run up and get the Joseph's Coat out of the greenhouse.

Good thing I did.  Forgot all the windows are open in there and it would have got pretty cold in there tonight.  2/3 of them look good.  Raised my lights way up.  Usually I keep new cuttings out of direct light but they have been in it all summer and Marsha recommends they need more than normal.

Edited by cineater

15 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm so excited, a Dead concert. :)  Solar rigs sound cool.

I got off my ass and brought in the plants.  Trying to do too many and the one pot cracked out of my hand right after I got it in the door.  All over the carpet, continue my cussing streak.  Went well after that.  Trying to save too many plants as you can see in the pictures.  Of course, the repotting produced more plants.  And I discovered I can hang containers from the framework for the lights.  Two of my lights are on.  I'm going to run up and get the Joseph's Coat out of the greenhouse.

Good thing I did.  Forgot all the windows are open in there and it would have got pretty cold in there tonight.  2/3 of them look good.  Raised my lights way up.  Usually I keep new cuttings out of direct light but they have been in it all summer and Marsha recommends they need more than normal.

Good thing I was only designing solar rigs on paper... this way I am still alive to see the Dead :lol:. I am still very much in the transition from neophyte to novice

Oh no - more cussing! That sounds messy! I cant believe how many youve got inside already!!! Oh thats neat, about hanging them off the light framework. Good thinking.

Lets see what these Josephs coats got in them!

Im gonna blend in some promix seed starter with the soil from orta, see if I can improve the flavour at all. Will use different source or radish seeds as well.

The soil influences their flavor?  Interesting.  I wonder if you could mix in some dried herbs with the promix?

I didn't see any frost this morning but we did get down to freezing.  End of the growing season but not that killing frost.  I'll be busy next week cutting stuff down.  

My heater stopped working last night.  Craig says an easy fix.  He offered to come over last night but I told him to wait until today.  Not that bad in here and I have a space heater.  The lights clicked on at 6 and woke me up.  Marsha likes the idea of hanging stuff too but the light hits the side of the pot so it's indirect light for them.  That big pot of Ivy leaf geraniums got brought in. :lol:  What am I thinking?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cineater said:

The soil influences their flavor?  Interesting.  I wonder if you could mix in some dried herbs with the promix?

I didn't see any frost this morning but we did get down to freezing.  End of the growing season but not that killing frost.  I'll be busy next week cutting stuff down.  

My heater stopped working last night.  Craig says an easy fix.  He offered to come over last night but I told him to wait until today.  Not that bad in here and I have a space heater.  The lights clicked on at 6 and woke me up.  Marsha likes the idea of hanging stuff too but the light hits the side of the pot so it's indirect light for them.  That big pot of Ivy leaf geraniums got brought in. :lol:  What am I thinking?

In wineries the flavour from the land is called terroir. It can mean all the environmental conditions too. Like how coffee from different places tastes different. Thats an interesting idea about the dried herbs. Im not sure if the flavour impact is that direct, worth an experiment for sure!

Taking down my garden is gonna feel like such a chore. Meanwhile its the least wintering Ive had to do in years.

You just knew your heater was gonna go. Sucks. Hope he gets it sorted today!

Why'd you bring those big pots in?!?! :lol:

You'll be doing weird science if you put those herbs in there. :lol:

I'm not looking forward to the take down either.  I'm probably going to use the weed wacker.  Normally I just let it all die and run it over with the lawn mower and apply my mulch.  This year we don't have any mulch because of the creek project.  The mower would blow out any mulch I have there.  But just as I decide to do it early, they are starting the creek project next week and of course it is going to rain.  Guess I'll have to wait but I really hate being out there freezing my hands off.

The heater needs a switch.  He'll be back this afternoon to install it.

Yes I brought in that big pot. :lol:  It's just so pretty.

51 minutes ago, cineater said:

You'll be doing weird science if you put those herbs in there. :lol:

I'm not looking forward to the take down either.  I'm probably going to use the weed wacker.  Normally I just let it all die and run it over with the lawn mower and apply my mulch.  This year we don't have any mulch because of the creek project.  The mower would blow out any mulch I have there.  But just as I decide to do it early, they are starting the creek project next week and of course it is going to rain.  Guess I'll have to wait but I really hate being out there freezing my hands off.

The heater needs a switch.  He'll be back this afternoon to install it.

Yes I brought in that big pot. :lol:  It's just so pretty.

Who knows what our weird science could result in!? Ninja Turtles I hope :lol:

I hate the freezing hands of winter prep too! A weed wacker! Love it - but that highlights a down side of a raised bed. I couldnt work that angle.

Glad your heater will be fixed!

You just couldnt resist that big pot! haha

Who in Guns do you figure gardens?

2 hours ago, soon said:

Who knows what our weird science could result in!? Ninja Turtles I hope :lol:

I hate the freezing hands of winter prep too! A weed wacker! Love it - but that highlights a down side of a raised bed. I couldnt work that angle.

Glad your heater will be fixed!

You just couldnt resist that big pot! haha

Who in Guns do you figure gardens?

They aren't ever home enough to garden although I think a long time ago I saw lots of vegetables gardens at Axl's house.  That was probably Beta.  She loves to cook.

Ken and I were talking about the butterfly.  He mentioned using lettuce for the spring planting.  That could be really cool.  You get a lot of color in the reds and greens and different textures.  I could come along June 1st and take all that out and put in my bedding plants.  I'm also looking at creeping thyme.  It's a perennial and takes a year to get established.  I could grow it in a deep flat and plant it at the end of the season to be ready for the next year.

30 minutes ago, cineater said:

They aren't ever home enough to garden although I think a long time ago I saw lots of vegetables gardens at Axl's house.  That was probably Beta.  She loves to cook.

Ken and I were talking about the butterfly.  He mentioned using lettuce for the spring planting.  That could be really cool.  You get a lot of color in the reds and greens and different textures.  I could come along June 1st and take all that out and put in my bedding plants.  I'm also looking at creeping thyme.  It's a perennial and takes a year to get established.  I could grow it in a deep flat and plant it at the end of the season to be ready for the next year.

But they could have their help, or even dedicated gardening staff, keep it up for them. Hettfield lives on a ranch where they raise organic meats, veggies and bee hives! Thats so cool that Axl had veggie patches!

Thats a neat idea for the butterfly. Just looked up creeping thyme. Looks great!

Okay, I think this might bother you a bit. But theres a new podcast about the Dead and it aint positive. Its a true crime series about "The Grateful Dead and their missing and murdered fans." Its called Dead and Gone. Episode one is about two murdered deadheads. In the podcasts description it openly asks if the band themselves have a roll to play in this "darkness." Apparently the hosts are heavies in the true crime world too. Ugh.

17 minutes ago, soon said:

But they could have their help, or even dedicated gardening staff, keep it up for them. Hettfield lives on a ranch where they raise organic meats, veggies and bee hives! Thats so cool that Axl had veggie patches!

Thats a neat idea for the butterfly. Just looked up creeping thyme. Looks great!

Okay, I think this might bother you a bit. But theres a new podcast about the Dead and it aint positive. Its a true crime series about "The Grateful Dead and their missing and murdered fans." Its called Dead and Gone. Episode one is about two murdered deadheads. In the podcasts description it openly asks if the band themselves have a roll to play in this "darkness." Apparently the hosts are heavies in the true crime world too. Ugh.

:lol:  Well, they were pretty heavy into drugs and in that world shit happens. You're true Deadheads are gypsies, they will steal you blind.  Keep your distance.

I want to say those were solar panels I saw.  The garden looked pretty big and well cared for from what I remember.  I think it was a google sky view I saw.

We're looking at QR codes for the gardens.  Those barcodes that look like ink blots.  Met with one of people about that this morning.  They are going to make one up and see how it works.  We may be going high tech.  Leslie is continuing to go merrilee around the gardens painting pops of turquoise everywhere.   She's right though, you can't see our signs that identify each garden.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

:lol:  Well, they were pretty heavy into drugs and in that world shit happens. You're true Deadheads are gypsies, they will steal you blind.  Keep your distance.

I want to say those were solar panels I saw.  The garden looked pretty big and well cared for from what I remember.  I think it was a google sky view I saw.

We're looking at QR codes for the gardens.  Those barcodes that look like ink blots.  Met with one of people about that this morning.  They are going to make one up and see how it works.  We may be going high tech.  Leslie is continuing to go merrilee around the gardens painting pops of turquoise everywhere.   She's right though, you can't see our signs that identify each garden.

Steal my face right off of my head?

Thats cool if Axl had solar panels! Gingers are kinda like solar panels, the way they absorb sun light. lol

Awesome! The QR codes would contain the plant name and growing info? That would be so cool!

Leslie is painting as a form of activism?

I don't know how to explain why Leslie is painting. :lol:  If you met her, you would totally understand.

The QR at first would just explain the garden you are looking at.  We may branch out from there to other things.

He replaced a switch on the heater and it worked for a while.  He thinks it's the inducer fan and I will have to wait till Monday when he can get the part. 

I mentioned to Craig that the Extension might be looking to sell the property.  He nudged his business partner and said, we could have a greenhouse.  I said, oh no, I'll be calling you to help take it down and move it.  But then I changed my mind and said we might be willing to leave it behind if the Extension paid us for it.  End of conversation but it might come up again.  And then there's the rumor that the property next door is being built up to be a marijuana farm.  Where that comes from I have no idea. :lol:

:lol: So I text Craig and ask if he's the pot farmer moving in next door.  He texts back with the laughing smiley face "I am" with the smiley face with the finger up to its mouth.  Is he fucking with me?  So I say Marsha heard that.  He calls me. :lol:  Turns out he is legally growing pot and has customers already.  He's wondering how Marsha heard.  Straighten all that out but the strange stuff you find out by accident. 

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, cineater said:

I don't know how to explain why Leslie is painting. :lol:  If you met her, you would totally understand.

The QR at first would just explain the garden you are looking at.  We may branch out from there to other things.

He replaced a switch on the heater and it worked for a while.  He thinks it's the inducer fan and I will have to wait till Monday when he can get the part. 

I mentioned to Craig that the Extension might be looking to sell the property.  He nudged his business partner and said, we could have a greenhouse.  I said, oh no, I'll be calling you to help take it down and move it.  But then I changed my mind and said we might be willing to leave it behind if the Extension paid us for it.  End of conversation but it might come up again.  And then there's the rumor that the property next door is being built up to be a marijuana farm.  Where that comes from I have no idea. :lol:

:lol: So I text Craig and ask if he's the pot farmer moving in next door.  He texts back with the laughing smiley face "I am" with the smiley face with the finger up to its mouth.  Is he fucking with me?  So I say Marsha heard that.  He calls me. :lol:  Turns out he is legally growing pot and has customers already.  He's wondering how Marsha heard.  Straighten all that out but the strange stuff you find out by accident. 

Oh Leslie sounds fantastic! :lol:

Sounds awesome about the QR codes!! People will love that!! Nice.

I guess youll just have to wear sweaters and slippers until monday. Hope it doesnt take any longer.

I totally called that about Craig!! Do you remember that??! You were telling me that, like me, hes a veggie grower who 'grows lots of tomatoes.' And I said that "tomato gardener" is code for cannabis grower because they are so similar to grow. Remember? I cant believe I picked up on that from all the way over here! :lol:

I also remember you saying that everyone missed a meeting a while back becasue they were at a cannabis career training thing. So maybe Marsha heard because Craigs been inviting people to those industry events? He prolly just figured that green and blue dont match so he might as well wait until its up and running for sure before sharing?

You gonna go work for him? :lol:

Edited by soon

I can start the heater manually if I need to but it's not that cold.

Good call on Craig. :lol:  I confused you.  Marsha heard the property next to the garden is being developed for something with pot, nothing about Craig.  I confused him too with my Marsha comment is why he told me what he's up to.  He's got some social media under development and somehow that triggered some of his friend's social media accounts and now they know.  He was trying to figure out how that was happening.  Marsha would have been a very distant social media connection if she knew but she doesn't. 

I'm not telling Marsha because he has security issues with that whole business.  It's not the average thieving Joe you have to worry about but the bureaucracy around it to keep your license. He holds some other licenses too that he's worried about if there was an allegation that he's using drugs would jeopardize.  He was going to set up regular drug screens for himself so he had a record he's clean.  So we had to talk about that.  He was going to do the simple pee test.  I pointed out the flaws in that and the fact you have to pee in that cup while someone watches.  That was an eye opener for him. :lol:  Sent him off to research if the hair follicle test is more what he's looking for to establish a record of non drug usage.  Although I'm surprised random drug screens isn't a part of the whole licensing process.

I'm not working for him but maybe Del would.  He's a tomato grower and a retired doctor.  :lol:  Leslie is so quirky once you get use to her you just have to smile when you're around her.

I can start the heater manually if I need to but it's not that cold.

Good call on Craig. :lol:  I confused you.  Marsha heard the property next to the garden is being developed for something with pot, nothing about Craig.  I confused him too with my Marsha comment is why he told me what he's up to.  He's got some social media under development and somehow that triggered some of his friend's social media accounts and now they know.  He was trying to figure out how that was happening.  Marsha would have been a very distant social media connection if she knew but she doesn't. 

I'm not telling Marsha because he has security issues with that whole business.  It's not the average thieving Joe you have to worry about but the bureaucracy around it to keep your license. He holds some other licenses too that he's worried about if there was an allegation that he's using drugs would jeopardize.  He was going to set up regular drug screens for himself so he had a record he's clean.  So we had to talk about that.  He was going to do the simple pee test.  I pointed out the flaws in that and the fact you have to pee in that cup while someone watches.  That was an eye opener for him. :lol:  Sent him off to research if the hair follicle test is more what he's looking for to establish a record of non drug usage.  Although I'm surprised random drug screens isn't a part of the whole licensing process.

I'm not working for him but maybe Del would.  He's a tomato grower and a retired doctor.  :lol:  Leslie is so quirky once you get use to her you just have to smile when you're around her.

Thats kinda a classic social media error! My buddy once secretly left to go join a yet to be launched blockade. He 'went dark' or so he thought. When you viewed his socials it would tell you where he was in that moment. So I watched him "secretly" travel across the country! :lol: I hope no one on Craigs socials were put off about his venture?

You should see the armed gaurds who deliver the weed to the stores here. They look more serious than the Brinks trucks. And no doubt many of them came from teh black market. Its just an unmarked rental truck with boxes of weed products. But the delivery people look like mercinaries from a movie! I guess theres still enough organized crime selling weed that they think there would be that level of threat. Hpe that your black market isnt as strong and organized as here.

I wouldnt want anyone to watch me pee in a cup! Not with out becoming a patreon supporter first :lol:

Del fits the bill! :lol: If he doesnt smoke, I think it would do him a world of good!

Sowed some sage, nettle, lovage, dill and chives. Along with brown mustard microgreens

I brought in all my plant containers.  The ones that go in the garage. :lol:  Covered them in plastic so the cats don't use them as litter boxes over the winter.  Tried to condense them in case I have the greenhouse in the garage next year.  Nice day but the winds are gusting hard.  It's really dry out there.  Hopefully we get that rain tomorrow.

I don't get all the security around pot either.  Not like you can't get it elsewhere.  Craig is not sure how people will feel about it so he's keeping it low profile.

45 minutes ago, cineater said:

I brought in all my plant containers.  The ones that go in the garage. :lol:  Covered them in plastic so the cats don't use them as litter boxes over the winter.  Tried to condense them in case I have the greenhouse in the garage next year.  Nice day but the winds are gusting hard.  It's really dry out there.  Hopefully we get that rain tomorrow.

I don't get all the security around pot either.  Not like you can't get it elsewhere.  Craig is not sure how people will feel about it so he's keeping it low profile.

I just realized that it’s the anniversary of legal weed here today, lol. I think this is year two.... but it’s classic that I can’t remember :lol: I don’t know your weed laws there - is recreational pot legal, or is it limited to medicinal?

It makes me sad that you might have the green house in your garage next year.

I wonder how long before you fill those pots with something? :lol:

im switching up my approach to home brewing. And instead of having to invest in new equipment, I already have it all! Because I am switching from brewing 6 gallon batches to 1 gallon batches. I can now use my sauerkraut gear to brew. Meaning I can sell off my 6 gallon rigs for bank. This pleasant turn of events is so very un-2020 :lol:

So I'm on my way to play pinball, all excited.  Getting on the highway I can see there is a slow down.  It's a Trump parade.  Long line of pickup trucks with flags attached to them.  Looked pretty cool and people were having a good time.  But, fuck you Trump, get the hell out of my way I'm going to play pinball! :lol:  Another thing to blame on Trump.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cineater said:

So I'm on my way to play pinball, all excited.  Getting on the highway I can see there is a slow down.  It's a Trump parade.  Long line of pickup trucks with flags attached to them.  Looked pretty cool and people were having a good time.  But, fuck you Trump, get the hell out of my way I'm going to play pinball! :lol:  Another thing to blame on Trump.

Im happy you eventually made it - those pics are too cool! Did you like the machine? Tell me all about it?!

Throw the bastard out, keeping you from the Guns pinball is going too far!! :lol:

Isnt it interesting how when a north american sees lines of pick up truck with flags attached to them on the news, we know its ISIS. But when we see it in person, it looks like a fun parade.

Yeah, I had a great time.  You hit that one where there are balls everywhere and it's wild.  The guys playing were good.  They doubled my highest score and they had no idea how to play it.  Gave me a chance to watch the top board.  I hadn't played since the lock down so it was nice to be back.  Didn't recognize anybody working at the bar though.  They've had a complete change of staff.  There was only 6 machines in the whole place for social distancing.

Construction starts at the garden tomorrow.  I have to run up and make sure all our shit is out of the way.

Yeah, I had a great time.  You hit that one where there are balls everywhere and it's wild.  The guys playing were good.  They doubled my highest score and they had no idea how to play it.  Gave me a chance to watch the top board.  I hadn't played since the lock down so it was nice to be back.  Didn't recognize anybody working at the bar though.  They've had a complete change of staff.  There was only 6 machines in the whole place for social distancing.

Construction starts at the garden tomorrow.  I have to run up and make sure all our shit is out of the way.

Im glad - sounds fun! Youll get on the top score board in no time! With only 6 machines, its great one is Guns :headbang:

Thats exciting about construction! Hope theres no hiccups today.

Im baking bread, playing with Beaker and watching the mustard greens germinate. Beautiful autumn leaves out my window.