Yeah, I had a great time.  You hit that one where there are balls everywhere and it's wild.  The guys playing were good.  They doubled my highest score and they had no idea how to play it.  Gave me a chance to watch the top board.  I hadn't played since the lock down so it was nice to be back.  Didn't recognize anybody working at the bar though.  They've had a complete change of staff.  There was only 6 machines in the whole place for social distancing.

Construction starts at the garden tomorrow.  I have to run up and make sure all our shit is out of the way.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get your boyfriend to wear a headband. 

I’ve worked out that in around 18 months I’ll be in a position to purchase a house.  So instead of planting anything new in the garden, I’ll just keep on top of what we’ve already got. Which is m

Wildly open to misinterpretation, just sayin

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Yeah, I had a great time.  You hit that one where there are balls everywhere and it's wild.  The guys playing were good.  They doubled my highest score and they had no idea how to play it.  Gave me a chance to watch the top board.  I hadn't played since the lock down so it was nice to be back.  Didn't recognize anybody working at the bar though.  They've had a complete change of staff.  There was only 6 machines in the whole place for social distancing.

Construction starts at the garden tomorrow.  I have to run up and make sure all our shit is out of the way.

Im glad - sounds fun! Youll get on the top score board in no time! With only 6 machines, its great one is Guns :headbang:

Thats exciting about construction! Hope theres no hiccups today.

Im baking bread, playing with Beaker and watching the mustard greens germinate. Beautiful autumn leaves out my window.

2 hours ago, soon said:

Im glad - sounds fun! Youll get on the top score board in no time! With only 6 machines, its great one is Guns :headbang:

Thats exciting about construction! Hope theres no hiccups today.

Im baking bread, playing with Beaker and watching the mustard greens germinate. Beautiful autumn leaves out my window.

Oh god damn it.  Alex has been all over us about one of our storage places being a mess.  Kevin finally cleaned it up, looked nice but today it's a fucking mess again.  I can narrow the culprit down and they were all included on the email.  Somebody is going to confess. :lol:

Garden is ready for construction.  I just had to move the trash can out.  Leslie's team was up there filming for the QR codes.  They are moving on that project.  And I got her team to take home some of my stash.  I have all these plants I over winter in containers until I can find them homes but this year I don't have leaf mulch to bury them in.  They need homes now along with my geraniums that are in pots in front of the greenhouse. 

54 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh god damn it.  Alex has been all over us about one of our storage places being a mess.  Kevin finally cleaned it up, looked nice but today it's a fucking mess again.  I can narrow the culprit down and they were all included on the email.  Somebody is going to confess. :lol:

Garden is ready for construction.  I just had to move the trash can out.  Leslie's team was up there filming for the QR codes.  They are moving on that project.  And I got her team to take home some of my stash.  I have all these plants I over winter in containers until I can find them homes but this year I don't have leaf mulch to bury them in.  They need homes now along with my geraniums that are in pots in front of the greenhouse. 

Do you ever get snitches when you send out such an email? :lol:

Sucks you dont have all the much you need this year. Its great that the construction project is underway!

Have you ever heard of someone dipping the freshly sliced root-tips of their cuttings in honey before planting them for propagation? I saw a guy do this for a hydroponic set up when doing herb cuttings. He did so because honey has antibacterial properties.

No but it may be something specific to hydroponics with the antibacterial stuff.  I would think you would want those little bacteria but maybe they don't with that.

People snitch on each other all the time.  Mostly because they want me to do something about something they don't like. :lol:  I'm cleaning containers again.  These will be my personal ones for what I grow.

I made a kale and cabbage salad.  Not sure how this is going to taste as a combo but I'm thinking about putting raisins in it.

14 hours ago, cineater said:

No but it may be something specific to hydroponics with the antibacterial stuff.  I would think you would want those little bacteria but maybe they don't with that.

People snitch on each other all the time.  Mostly because they want me to do something about something they don't like. :lol:  I'm cleaning containers again.  These will be my personal ones for what I grow.

I made a kale and cabbage salad.  Not sure how this is going to taste as a combo but I'm thinking about putting raisins in it.

I agree, we like bacteria in soil often times. Im a soil guy. I believe I always will be.

Ha snitches! :lol: The woman who was gossiping about my last year when my legs went out texts for the first time in ages. I say its nice to hear form her and that Im relieved because I thought she didnt like me anymore. Man was it fascinating to hear about how Id ditched her and all this other BS :lol:. Oh well, it is good to speak again, even if shes a very unique and grumpy person. lol

Mmmm sounds yummy! Good pallete too - I bet raisins would be great in that salad! Did you put them in?

That wasn't tiger mom was it?  Any news on her?

I haven't tried it yet.  My front tooth is about to come out so I'm not eating much.  I have the dentist today.  This is not going to be pretty or cheap.

I have a meeting with my other garden club this morning in the park.  It's wet and cold out there.  I was hoping they would cancelled but it's dues month.

17 minutes ago, cineater said:

That wasn't tiger mom was it?  Any news on her?

I haven't tried it yet.  My front tooth is about to come out so I'm not eating much.  I have the dentist today.  This is not going to be pretty or cheap.

I have a meeting with my other garden club this morning in the park.  It's wet and cold out there.  I was hoping they would cancelled but it's dues month.

Not Tiger Mother. She'd never gossip or be mean, just strict, lol. All out of love. I also think she'd hose me if I suggested texting and tell me 'garden is better use of young mans time.' lol. I miss her. Havent seen her since last season. And now with everyone masked and all elderly chinese women looking alike its hard to track someone down. And no update from garden leads.

Ouchy. Ive had some teeth pulled myself and its no fun. But sounds like it will be well worth it to have it gone. All the best.

Come cold rain or snow, when its time for dues, eh.

Beaker had a midnight freak out. First time in ages. And this had like 3 rounds of me calming him before he set off again. Now hes timid, but Im not mad at him, poor guy. I guess Simone is still all better?

Ill send you pics, the mustard microgreens are vigorously germinating. And they are lifting a 'solid' sheet of soil up as they grow, rather than poking through! Talk about raising the roof haha.

That's pretty cool they are lifting the soil.

Lily has some of those freak outs.  Her eyes get all wide and she's running all over the house.

The part for the heater doesn't come in until tomorrow.  I'm huddling around the space heater.

3 hours ago, cineater said:

That's pretty cool they are lifting the soil.

Lily has some of those freak outs.  Her eyes get all wide and she's running all over the house.

The part for the heater doesn't come in until tomorrow.  I'm huddling around the space heater.

I wish you werent cold!

Lily and Beaker sometimes sound like kindred spirits to me :lol:

Oh right, I need to send those pics! lol

Have you been to dentist? How are ya?

He didn't have many options for me.  I settled on dentures.  Been trying to avoid that as long as I could but time's up.  I go back on Thursday for the molds and in about 3 weeks I'll have perfect teeth for the first time in my life.  And I'll be able to smile in the kid's wedding pictures.  Holding onto that and I'll get through it.  In the meantime I still have the offending tooth.  It may come out when they do the mold.  I'm a little bit freaked about the whole thing.

Marsha called.  We're going to be able to use Gary's dump truck to get leaf mulch after construction.  We just have to grow him some cool season crops next year.  I'm going to go up tomorrow to see if they got started.  She is also coming by to pick up one of my house plants.  Turns out the cuttings for this plant came from Paul's mother plant that has died.  I didn't want the cutting but I could let them just die so I am more than glad to give the plant back to him!

Edited by cineater
14 hours ago, cineater said:

He didn't have many options for me.  I settled on dentures.  Been trying to avoid that as long as I could but time's up.  I go back on Thursday for the molds and in about 3 weeks I'll have perfect teeth for the first time in my life.  And I'll be able to smile in the kid's wedding pictures.  Holding onto that and I'll get through it.  In the meantime I still have the offending tooth.  It may come out when they do the mold.  I'm a little bit freaked about the whole thing.

Marsha called.  We're going to be able to use Gary's dump truck to get leaf mulch after construction.  We just have to grow him some cool season crops next year.  I'm going to go up tomorrow to see if they got started.  She is also coming by to pick up one of my house plants.  Turns out the cuttings for this plant came from Paul's mother plant that has died.  I didn't want the cutting but I could let them just die so I am more than glad to give the plant back to him!

Well thats a big change. Perfect teeth for a wedding is a huge upside! Id be freaked out too though. Im sorry, forgive my ignorance, do all your teeth come out for dentures? I thought they did but you mentioned about the tooth 'maybe' coming out. I wish there were a simpler solution! Oh well a touch of grey, kinda suits you anyway... and its alright. :hug:

So you will have your mulch for you normal over-wintering?! Im happy to hear it, its just not right otherwise. Lending a truck for some cool season crops is my kind of world! Thanks for making that world exist!!

Yeah, all teeth come out.  I'm hoping they put me under for that and don't just numb up my mouth.  I was thinking, after this  never again will I have to have my mouth numb or have a toothache.  No more caps or root canals.  I can smile again.  Not sure what to do with my hidden bottles of whiskey that I kept around for toothaches. :lol:

I like swapping stuff.  This guy also has recycled wood.  We're thinking about putting a wood floor on the pergola.  Somebody put down stepping stones and it's a mess pulling the weeds in between those and pushing down the stones after the moles come through.

Marsha sent me the list of plants for the plant sale.  I have to go through it and select what I want for the butterfly.  Waiting on Craig to come fix my heater.

32 minutes ago, cineater said:

Yeah, all teeth come out.  I'm hoping they put me under for that and don't just numb up my mouth.  I was thinking, after this  never again will I have to have my mouth numb or have a toothache.  No more caps or root canals.  I can smile again.  Not sure what to do with my hidden bottles of whiskey that I kept around for toothaches. :lol:

I like swapping stuff.  This guy also has recycled wood.  We're thinking about putting a wood floor on the pergola.  Somebody put down stepping stones and it's a mess pulling the weeds in between those and pushing down the stones after the moles come through.

Marsha sent me the list of plants for the plant sale.  I have to go through it and select what I want for the butterfly.  Waiting on Craig to come fix my heater.

Oh man, I sure hope they put you out. I think you can request it? Yeah, theres all those benefits, too! I bet Craig will have ideas for the whiskey! :lol: Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile

Moles push up the stones? Persistent little buggers arent they?!

Is it settled that you get to keep the butterfly garden then?

Im ordering weed as I await my volunteers return. Oh and I was thinking. I could work for Craig in quality assurance. I think Canadians are known for high standards and expertise in weed? So I can try his stuff and then stamp it as 'canuck approved, quality weed.' :P

I asked Craig about trying it and that's when we got into the whole drug screen discussion.  I don't know how he plans to test his quality.  They did start selling it in the county over from me.  I saw a price tag for 345 an ounce.  WTF?  Back in the day I could get a kilo for less than that.  I've been priced out of pot. :lol:

Oh yeah, I'm the one who recruits garden leads.  It's availability never got out to the group.  I'm going order one of those plant augers.  Have Craig show up with his drill and his charger that holes 6 batteries and go to town on planting.

Fucking moles.  I've been out there weeding only to turn around and see them working behind me.  I'm sick of weeding the pergola floor.

38 minutes ago, cineater said:

I asked Craig about trying it and that's when we got into the whole drug screen discussion.  I don't know how he plans to test his quality.  They did start selling it in the county over from me.  I saw a price tag for 345 an ounce.  WTF?  Back in the day I could get a kilo for less than that.  I've been priced out of pot. :lol:

Oh yeah, I'm the one who recruits garden leads.  It's availability never got out to the group.  I'm going order one of those plant augers.  Have Craig show up with his drill and his charger that holes 6 batteries and go to town on planting.

Fucking moles.  I've been out there weeding only to turn around and see them working behind me.  I'm sick of weeding the pergola floor.

Here they do lab test to determine potency and flavour profile, etc. I dont know why a grower wouldnt be allowed to use their product - because its legal to begin with right?

You used to buy by the kilo???!!! :axl92: And yeah, $345 is really expensive! We need to get you some affordable pot, Cin! :lol: The no frills stuff i just ordered is $175 an ounce! If our legal weed was expensive we'd all just keep buying from the black market. I do miss finding 1/4 pound bricks of weed that Id forgotten in a drawer, but Im happy with legal weed even more. Especially now that they slashed prices due to the pandemic hitting peoples wallets.

I thought there'd been talk about removing the butterfly bed all together? Sounds like a fun planting project :headbang:

game & watch green house. I'm hooked to this simple, addicting game. protect your plants from those wretched caterpillars and spiders. I picture @soon being the protagonist in this game, running around with his spray

• GNFNR 1

I haven't heard the term brick in a long time.  :lol:  That is still expensive.  I think a kilo was $240 the last time I got one.  What you should think about that is a lot of people "went in on it".  It's only approved for medical here and you have to carry a card.  No recreational usage.

Fuck, I was out taking pictures of the creek project and took one of the boardwalk.  I sent it out to the leads group which included Justin.  He immediately wanted to know all about the boardwalk and thinks we need to tell the Extension.  I, of course, have to tell Marsha I blew it, we were just not mentioning that.  Really sick of all the problems.  Anything you try to do everybody gets in on and turns it into a problem.

They say the Extension is financially sound and the property is not at risk.  Yet there's a lot of smoke out there.  And then you have people in the group who want to down size the gardens and move out into the community.  I'm just going to do what I do.  If they take it away from me someday, I'll go do something else.  I just want them to stop talking to me, stop attending meetings and get back to my gardens.

1 minute ago, action said:

game & watch green house. I'm hooked to this simple, addicting game. protect your plants from those wretched caterpillars and spiders. I picture @soon being the protagonist in this game, running around with his spray

That's cool.

38 minutes ago, action said:

Im honoured. :headbang:

This is really neat, Ive never seen a gardening video game before! I could see myself playing that while gardening, lol

You have one of these, or you are addicted to watching the game-play on video? Im into retro gear!

40 minutes ago, cineater said:

I haven't heard the term brick in a long time.  :lol:  That is still expensive.  I think a kilo was $240 the last time I got one.  What you should think about that is a lot of people "went in on it".  It's only approved for medical here and you have to carry a card.  No recreational usage.

Fuck, I was out taking pictures of the creek project and took one of the boardwalk.  I sent it out to the leads group which included Justin.  He immediately wanted to know all about the boardwalk and thinks we need to tell the Extension.  I, of course, have to tell Marsha I blew it, we were just not mentioning that.  Really sick of all the problems.  Anything you try to do everybody gets in on and turns it into a problem.

They say the Extension is financially sound and the property is not at risk.  Yet there's a lot of smoke out there.  And then you have people in the group who want to down size the gardens and move out into the community.  I'm just going to do what I do.  If they take it away from me someday, I'll go do something else.  I just want them to stop talking to me, stop attending meetings and get back to my gardens.

Thats incredible it was that cheap!! Nah, you smoked that whole kilo to yourself :lol:You should see the price here for things like bubble hash and rosins! $40-85 per gram. Oh just the medicinal, I see.

Oops, busted! That sucks. Sounds like something that Id do... because who walks around thinking about what assholes might think? :lol: Fucking meddlers!

I hope thats true about the finances! But yeah, I hear ya. Just focous on your gardens.

No germination on any of my herbs yet.

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Im honoured. :headbang:

This is really neat, Ive never seen a gardening video game before! I could see myself playing that while gardening, lol

You have one of these, or you are addicted to watching the game-play on video? Im into retro gear!

yeah, I think I'm also one of the only people in the world who uses the game & watch as an actual watch! :lol:

it has an alarm function, so I use it as an alarm clock to wake up. in this game, the alarm is a cat, that is stinged by a bee when it is 7 am in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, action said:

yeah, I think I'm also one of the only people in the world who uses the game & watch as an actual watch! :lol:

it has an alarm function, so I use it as an alarm clock to wake up. in this game, the alarm is a cat, that is stinged by a bee when it is 7 am in the morning.

Very cool! Id never seen these before and I actually didnt realize it was a watch. Neat! Awesome that you have one of these!

7am is a nice sleep in for a gardener! That must be quite the sound to wake up too! :lol:

1 hour ago, action said:

This is what I had to deal with in the late 80s/early 90s because my parents didn't want to buy me a real videogame. All my friends had nintendo or sega and I had to deal with this, even back in the 80s this was considered lame,

Videojuego plane & tank - maquinita lcd tipo ga - Vendido en Subasta -  61509595

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

This is what I had to deal with in the late 80s/early 90s because my parents didn't want to buy me a real videogame. All my friends had nintendo or sega and I had to deal with this, even back in the 80s this was considered lame,

Videojuego plane & tank - maquinita lcd tipo ga - Vendido en Subasta -  61509595

I got one of those brandless lcd games for my "plechtige communie". I didn't know better and thought I was the coolest kid around.

Just now, action said:

I got one of those brandless lcd games for my "plechtige communie". I didn't know better and thought I was the coolest kid around.

I got a bike for my ''plechtige communie'', most kids here get a bike for that because it's a big deal. That's really all it's about, getting a lot of presents, the whole religion aspect of it has become irrelevant.

Craig was over and fixed the heater!  He said they grow pot not from seed but from clones, same as cuttings.  No stems and seeds in your supply.  He too was surprised at the price.  I could see dollar signs in his eyes. :lol:

Well, come to find out the boardwalk also referred to as stepping planks did come up in discussion a long time ago with both Justin and Alex there.  They were informed.