Gardening

Gracii Guns

30 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh cool, I like those. Nano refers to the smaller plants in a garden design?

:lol: That would be hard to give up a bed you've been taking care of for 10 years.

Shakedown Scream! :dance:

Yep, nano is small.  I'm not really liking the red, green, yellow combo on paper for the butterfly.  What other colors can I get in cool season stuff?

11 hours ago, cineater said:

Yep, nano is small.  I'm not really liking the red, green, yellow combo on paper for the butterfly.  What other colors can I get in cool season stuff?

Sent you some links to purple, blues and pinks. Im up early and pre coffee, but I think they all bloom long and early.

I still linked to some calendula, even though they are yellow and orange, and you are trying to get away from yellow. They remind me of a monarch though.

Also, with so much going on in the world I made a bit of an error. I inquired about the delay in my worm farm. The one made out of Red Wood thats hand made in California... I should not have been surprised that they were experiencing supply shortages as the wild fires burn :facepalm:

Edited by soon

3 minutes ago, cineater said:

Geez, how long ago did you order the farm?  I'm going to look at your flower ideas in a bit.  I'm also pre coffee. :lol:

Well, the first one I ordered at least a year ago never came and I had to fight for my refund. So I ordered this one more recently, again I ordered a red wood product from a place where the red woods are burning. So this ones on me! :lol:

I remembered the holy basil this time. I am sipping the perfect cup :drool:

Its. Snowing.

51 minutes ago, soon said:

Well, the first one I ordered at least a year ago never came and I had to fight for my refund. So I ordered this one more recently, again I ordered a red wood product from a place where the red woods are burning. So this ones on me! :lol:

I remembered the holy basil this time. I am sipping the perfect cup :drool:

Its. Snowing.

Snow!  I am so not ready for that.  We may get some flurries today but it rains through Thursday.  I'm mapping my individual beds.  3 down, 6 to go.

27 minutes ago, cineater said:

Snow!  I am so not ready for that.  We may get some flurries today but it rains through Thursday.  I'm mapping my individual beds.  3 down, 6 to go.

Im not ready for it either. It looks pretty and nostalgic. But mostly fills me with dread, lol. It signals the year is almost over at least! Im surprised to hear that you might get some too!?

I scrubbed my orta, now I have to cook it in the oven to clean it. Currently baking bread though.

I'm trying to put Craig off on installing the HVAC until next week.  It will be sunny and I can use his ladder to put up my Christmas lights on the roof line. :lol:  Yes, it's almost time for Christmas lights!  January and February are my least favorite months to get through.  GNR needs to get back on the road.

We're getting Caleb one of those table saws for Christmas mostly so he can cut me new baseboards for the house.  I have paint and baseboards on my Christmas list.  Not very interesting but what do I need?  Oh yeah, more gift cards to Home Depot.

47 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm trying to put Craig off on installing the HVAC until next week.  It will be sunny and I can use his ladder to put up my Christmas lights on the roof line. :lol:  Yes, it's almost time for Christmas lights!  January and February are my least favorite months to get through.  GNR needs to get back on the road.

We're getting Caleb one of those table saws for Christmas mostly so he can cut me new baseboards for the house.  I have paint and baseboards on my Christmas list.  Not very interesting but what do I need?  Oh yeah, more gift cards to Home Depot.

Your always one step ahead of the rest of us aren't you? :lol: Im happy for you for christmas lights. When i get my next solar gear I think Ill get some of those small string lights you have on your patio, because it will easily power as much of that as i wish without really making any dent on the bank.

February is the worst! Especially last year, following the news on the virus. You could almost track its arrival like GN'Air! Watching all the footage out of China.

Y'know, I want to put up like a lot more shelving here and got to thinking "maybe I should just get my own table saw?" like 20 minutes ago! (Because deliveries keep screwing up - my Slap Chop was just the lastest in a series of packages that were lost by the delivery company :anger:). Calebs lucky! And so would you be! :lol:

I want home depot gift cards too! But no ones asked me for a wish list. My hearts desire is a stove top smoker. Big enough to smoke a smaller chicken. And maybe some of those vacuum sealable jars so I can make cookies and crackers in large batches.

No table saw for you.  You don't have the room and how much are you going to build?  You could though, rent one from Home Depot.  How you're going to get it home, I don't know.  They make cheap plastic and fake wood shelving units you could just order.  The metal shelving gets decorative but it's kind of expensive.  Ones on wheels are kind of cool.  Beaker may not like walking on a metal grade.

Craig delivered my HVAC.  He said 2 days to install.  He said 2 weeks with the bathrooms and he was here 2 and a half months so how many days/weeks is that?  :lol:  I've gotten wise to him.  Shouldn't involve the water this time so it's just huddling around the space heater.  

1 hour ago, cineater said:

No table saw for you. 

Ever seen that Seinfeld epsiode The Soup Nazi "No Soup For You!!!" :lol:

1 hour ago, cineater said:

No table saw for you.  You don't have the room and how much are you going to build?  You could though, rent one from Home Depot.  How you're going to get it home, I don't know.  They make cheap plastic and fake wood shelving units you could just order.  The metal shelving gets decorative but it's kind of expensive.  Ones on wheels are kind of cool.  Beaker may not like walking on a metal grade.

Craig delivered my HVAC.  He said 2 days to install.  He said 2 weeks with the bathrooms and he was here 2 and a half months so how many days/weeks is that?  :lol:  I've gotten wise to him.  Shouldn't involve the water this time so it's just huddling around the space heater.  

I just love kit!! We have a tool lbrary. And I have a courier on speed dial. I just want one!! lol Thanks for suggestions, I really like and prefer some untreated pine for these shelves and work stations.

I do have some shelves and work spaces on wheels! And thats where my new plan started, actually. I want to put up shelves to be work spaces right over the ones on wheels. So when i want to do a bigger project, or multiple projects, I can slide out the one on wheels from under it. And then the collapsible shelves can fold down and the carts can move when need be! Great minds think alike, Cin!

I bit my tongue when you said Craig said "2 days" :lol:

Stay cozy!

13 minutes ago, soon said:

Ever seen that Seinfeld epsiode The Soup Nazi "No Soup For You!!!" :lol:

I just love kit!! We have a tool lbrary. And I have a courier on speed dial. I just want one!! lol Thanks for suggestions, I really like and prefer some untreated pine for these shelves and work stations.

I do have some shelves and work spaces on wheels! And thats where my new plan started, actually. I want to put up shelves to be work spaces right over the ones on wheels. So when i want to do a bigger project, or multiple projects, I can slide out the one on wheels from under it. And then the collapsible shelves can fold down and the carts can move when need be! Great minds think alike, Cin!

I bit my tongue when you said Craig said "2 days" :lol:

Stay cozy!

Are you good at building?  They make some cool shit out of pallets.  And we have places around here that have used wood dirt cheap.

God love Craig, he's been saving my ass this year.  Proof I'm an easy woman to get along with.

I am chilled to the bone.  Hope that doesn't mean I'm getting a cold.  I need to snuggle with my kitties.

51 minutes ago, cineater said:

Are you good at building?  They make some cool shit out of pallets.  And we have places around here that have used wood dirt cheap.

God love Craig, he's been saving my ass this year.  Proof I'm an easy woman to get along with.

I am chilled to the bone.  Hope that doesn't mean I'm getting a cold.  I need to snuggle with my kitties.

I used to be okay at building. Been a while though, since health. Oh good idea. And then Id have an excuse to play with a sander at least, lol. Ill look into pallettes.

You sure are.

Do you have any hot water bottle things? Or bean bags for the microwave?

Ive got my orta sanitized and planted with beets!!

I have the bean bags.  One for the freezer for headaches and my llama I use in the microwave.  Love those things.

Yep I've got a cold.  Not a bad one.

Remember the shampoo incident?  I finally bought some shampoo and as I'm putting away my travel shampoo I notice I wrote on the bottle, shower gel. :lol:  It worked.

I don't think I'm going to get the monarch way station back in the ground in time and the plants can't sit all winter in their pots exposed.  I'm wondering if I can bury them in the compost bins and not burn them up.

Edited by cineater

13 hours ago, cineater said:

I have the bean bags.  One for the freezer for headaches and my llama I use in the microwave.  Love those things.

Yep I've got a cold.  Not a bad one.

Remember the shampoo incident?  I finally bought some shampoo and as I'm putting away my travel shampoo I notice I wrote on the bottle, shower gel. :lol:  It worked.

I don't think I'm going to get the monarch way station back in the ground in time and the plants can't sit all winter in their pots exposed.  I'm wondering if I can bury them in the compost bins and not burn them up.

Oh no. Do you have a dry couch or aches?

Hahaha, never did find that shampoo, eh? :lol: Classic! lol

Thats a neat idea about the compost. Like placing them in their pots on teh compost?

24 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh no. Do you have a dry couch or aches?

Hahaha, never did find that shampoo, eh? :lol: Classic! lol

Thats a neat idea about the compost. Like placing them in their pots on teh compost?

Must have just been allergies.  Simone was sleeping with me on the couch.  Feel fine this morning.

Tim will have to weigh in on using the compost.  I was thinking bury them up to the top of the container but that may still be too hot.  I could just put them in the compost area and get somebody to go pick up some leaf mulch and store them over there.  Just don't want them to end up in my garage.

I'm forcing myself to work on projects I've been putting off.  Got all passwords organized last night!  Going to run up the garden and get some info for my garden maps.  Have the plants in my head but not sure how many blocks are on the side of the greenhouse.  And I need to pick up some clay pots to fix a few potheads.  Love a rainy day, get so much done.

35 minutes ago, cineater said:

Must have just been allergies.  Simone was sleeping with me on the couch.  Feel fine this morning.

Tim will have to weigh in on using the compost.  I was thinking bury them up to the top of the container but that may still be too hot.  I could just put them in the compost area and get somebody to go pick up some leaf mulch and store them over there.  Just don't want them to end up in my garage.

I'm forcing myself to work on projects I've been putting off.  Got all passwords organized last night!  Going to run up the garden and get some info for my garden maps.  Have the plants in my head but not sure how many blocks are on the side of the greenhouse.  And I need to pick up some clay pots to fix a few potheads.  Love a rainy day, get so much done.

Im happy to hear that you are feeling better! Sounds nice with Simone, worth it for the allergy :) Beakers been staying close and helping with gardening and such this morning. That was after he let me sleep in and waited till I woke up to come snuggle.

Ill be interested what Tim thinks and what you end up doing. Harnessing the compost heat is a fun experiment! And smart!

Must feel good to get some of that sorted. I deep cleaned my stove top and wells this morning. Feels great. And now Im budgeting to place orders for all the things that wont ever arrive this month :lol:

Stil no germination on anything but dill. Somewhat expected given the crops but Id expect to see sage by now, so I likely need new seeds.

29 minutes ago, soon said:

Im happy to hear that you are feeling better! Sounds nice with Simone, worth it for the allergy :) Beakers been staying close and helping with gardening and such this morning. That was after he let me sleep in and waited till I woke up to come snuggle.

Ill be interested what Tim thinks and what you end up doing. Harnessing the compost heat is a fun experiment! And smart!

Must feel good to get some of that sorted. I deep cleaned my stove top and wells this morning. Feels great. And now Im budgeting to place orders for all the things that wont ever arrive this month :lol:

Stil no germination on anything but dill. Somewhat expected given the crops but Id expect to see sage by now, so I likely need new seeds.

We have class.  It's on myconhigal fungi, I assume in the soil.  https://moprairie.org/event/mpf-webinar-the-role-of-mycorrhizal-fungi-in-prairie-remnants-and-plantings-with-dr-alice-tipton/  It's tomorrow night.

• GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, cineater said:

Okay this conversation is turning to shit. :lol:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Well pardon me, then! lol

But all my new pets are are ever gonna do is eat and shit. And Im fairly sure that I will nerd out over my farm for at least a year.... so brace yourself for a bunch more shit-talking :lol:

41 minutes ago, soon said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Well pardon me, then! lol

But all my new pets are are ever gonna do is eat and shit. And Im fairly sure that I will nerd out over my farm for at least a year.... so brace yourself for a bunch more shit-talking :lol:

They do do that a lot!  Mine are still trying to go outside.  They hate the litter box.

Sometimes, when I'm least expecting it, the characters from my story come looking for me.  Eldron cracks me up.  He has the skinniest legs.  I'm at the gas station, look over and there he is.  He looks like Santa with white hair and a beard.  And he's wearing shorts with those skinny legs. :lol:  By the time I realize who I just saw and look back for a better look, he's in his truck and driving away.  He had looked right at me and was smiling.  Okay, give me a minute and I'll come home.  Earlier, I had been called back to the story, a train whistle.  Not sure how that fits in, we ride horses and pull wagons.

38 minutes ago, cineater said:

They do do that a lot!  Mine are still trying to go outside.  They hate the litter box.

Sometimes, when I'm least expecting it, the characters from my story come looking for me.  Eldron cracks me up.  He has the skinniest legs.  I'm at the gas station, look over and there he is.  He looks like Santa with white hair and a beard.  And he's wearing shorts with those skinny legs. :lol:  By the time I realize who I just saw and look back for a better look, he's in his truck and driving away.  He had looked right at me and was smiling.  Okay, give me a minute and I'll come home.  Earlier, I had been called back to the story, a train whistle.  Not sure how that fits in, we ride horses and pull wagons.

Y'know. I dont even know how cats do their biz outside. Do they pick the same spot all the time? And do they do a better job covering it up?

What - like a character appeared in real life? Or is he like us and hes bth real and a character? Sounds like hes not real and his smile was knowing?! Too cool!! Must have been something else?? :o

And the train whistle earlier... somethings going on... Interesting. I wonder if Axl himself will materialize next??

I transplanted my dill seedlings.

Got a new solar powered fan for my grow room. A nice big sturdy one with a metal enclousure and a fairly small solar panel. Not sure where Im gonna mount it, precisely. No worries, this is the time of year where I transition all my solar from one side of my place to the other, to follow the sun. And this week is basically neither side is very productive. So I can tinker with it a bit in the meantime. It has a light on it too. So if its as many lumens as it claims might solve my night time lighting for that room, too!

1 hour ago, soon said:

Y'know. I dont even know how cats do their biz outside. Do they pick the same spot all the time? And do they do a better job covering it up?

What - like a character appeared in real life? Or is he like us and hes bth real and a character? Sounds like hes not real and his smile was knowing?! Too cool!! Must have been something else?? :o

And the train whistle earlier... somethings going on... Interesting. I wonder if Axl himself will materialize next??

I transplanted my dill seedlings.

Got a new solar powered fan for my grow room. A nice big sturdy one with a metal enclousure and a fairly small solar panel. Not sure where Im gonna mount it, precisely. No worries, this is the time of year where I transition all my solar from one side of my place to the other, to follow the sun. And this week is basically neither side is very productive. So I can tinker with it a bit in the meantime. It has a light on it too. So if its as many lumens as it claims might solve my night time lighting for that room, too!

Ahahaha, my daughter's step grandmother was at her hospital, probably one of the medical buildings, when the sprinkler system went off.  No idea what happened but they had to evacuate.  Couldn't have happen to a worse woman.

Eldron is not a real person but I recognize him when he comes looking for me.  He rode by me one day on a motorcycle way to small for him, very comical.  The guy always makes me smile.  Yeah something is going on.  The band is playing cards.  Interesting stuff happens when the band starts gambling.  I'll try to see what's happening tonight.  Axl may not be back yet.  I'm waiting for the chapter title to hit me.

Geez Joe, just stop.  He's been going on and on about reorganizing us.  Today he wanted to assign duties to the education committee and update the bylaws.  I suggest we ask that group what they think they want their duties to be and go from there.  He's including everybody on the emails.  I'm feeling another long email, fractured, chain coming my way.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Ahahaha, my daughter's step grandmother was at her hospital, probably one of the medical buildings, when the sprinkler system went off.  No idea what happened but they had to evacuate.  Couldn't have happen to a worse woman.

Eldron is not a real person but I recognize him when he comes looking for me.  He rode by me one day on a motorcycle way to small for him, very comical.  The guy always makes me smile.  Yeah something is going on.  The band is playing cards.  Interesting stuff happens when the band starts gambling.  I'll try to see what's happening tonight.  Axl may not be back yet.  I'm waiting for the chapter title to hit me.

Geez Joe, just stop.  He's been going on and on about reorganizing us.  Today he wanted to assign duties to the education committee and update the bylaws.  I suggest we ask that group what they think they want their duties to be and go from there.  He's including everybody on the emails.  I'm feeling another long email, fractured, chain coming my way.

That sprinkler story :lol: Thats what they call shuedenfreud (or some shit lol - to take joy in others suffering)

Eldron sounds fantastic! I love it. Is the band not the player in The Loser then? Cant wait to see if Axls back!

Your Joe sounds strikingly similar to that Joe Biden. With the long, fractured communications :lol:

Dill transplants seem happy, which is great since they are often resistant to that.

I was going to say I didn't think they liked that.  My cuttings are hanging in there.

We've pushed Joe into being our next president.  I'm trying to be tolerant but he's making me crazy with wanting to explore everything.  Come at me with ideas of how we can do this shit not what someone else is doing and wanting me to replicate it.

Never heard of The Loser.  They play cards mostly to entertain Dizzy and something to do while they wait.  Axl's probably coming back empty handed.  He's looking for a bandit of sorts or so he suspects.  No chapter title coming to mind yet.

Mapping my beds is fun.  The perennials are easy.  The annuals that reseed run wild.  Fortunately I took pictures so I can tell what color things like gladiolus are.  I have to look up the scientific names for everybody.  The ones I have for Jan are ready to go but I'm missing one plant and Mary hasn't answered me back.

Marsha hasn't returned any texts or emails today.