Gardening

Gracii Guns

12 hours ago, cineater said:

I wasn't expecting the creek to be finished that quickly either.  Probably means more work at the gardens for me. :lol:

I took down a bunch of my plants at home.  There's not a lot of cover out there for cats.  Mine are acting a little paranoid.  Could have been the dog.  She was more interested in the cats then the leaves.  I mulched them all up after she left.  I'm sure there's more to come.  Dennis has one of those vacuums that turns your leaves into mulch.  Not a very big collection bag on it from my point of view.  Like my mower.

Well, politics just became boring.  Don't know if it's the right way to go but it's over.  Now if we can get a vaccine, it will be back to life as normal.

Maybe you can find away to make the contractors think moving the pots back is part of their job? :lol:

Poor cats. ITs a scary time of year as things go barren and dark. And to have a beast invde their space. Kinda sounds like halloween! You got your mulch!

Im glad election is done too. You know, I gotta say, you had made jokes at Trumps expense a lot. And you had even criticized him for fucking things up. So I just figured you werent a Trump person. Thats the only reason I have been talking as if we both oppose him. Sorry if that was awkward or seemed rude. I was sure you were being clear that you opposed him!

Yeah, cant wait for normal. So much pressure. The other day I forgot my mask, and as Im searching my bag for it I realize that I packed dog spray instead of a mask!! I wonder what a psychologist would say about that!? :lol: Lily and Simone can borrow it :lol:

11 hours ago, cineater said:

Got my Christmas lights down and tested.  Only lost one string.  Now to get them up.

Exciting! Will you get some help?

Edited by soon

3 hours ago, soon said:

Maybe you can find away to make the contractors think moving the pots back is part of their job? :lol:

Poor cats. ITs a scary time of year as things go barren and dark. And to have a beast invde their space. Kinda sounds like halloween! You got your mulch!

Im glad election is done too. You know, I gotta say, you had made jokes at Trumps expense a lot. And you had even criticized him for fucking things up. So I just figured you werent a Trump person. Thats the only reason I have been talking as if we both oppose him. Sorry if that was awkward or seemed rude. I was sure you were being clear that you opposed him!

Yeah, cant wait for normal. So much pressure. The other day I forgot my mask, and as Im searching my bag for it I realize that I packed dog spray instead of a mask!! I wonder what a psychologist would say about that!? :lol: Lily and Simone can borrow it :lol:

Exciting! Will you get some help?

Oh it's easy to make fun of Trump but I'm not a fan of the democrats either.  You have to admit Trump got everybody involved and that's a good thing.  I wish it was more about solutions then bitching.  More of a team effort then a divide thing.  It's politics, it's fucked up.  We're just going back to our regularly scheduled programing.  I'm glad it's over.

I borrow Mike's ladder and I'm getting ready to put up the roof line.  I like to do the Christmas lights on the lower level in the dark.  Debating if I should wait until Craig is done before I do the lights around the garage.  I am sore in place I forgot I had today.  I'm going to warm up with the leaves and then get up on the ladder.

I forgot to mention the geraniums and begonias in the kitchen window have started blooming.  I cut them all back when I brought them in the house.

33 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh it's easy to make fun of Trump but I'm not a fan of the democrats either.  You have to admit Trump got everybody involved and that's a good thing.  I wish it was more about solutions then bitching.  More of a team effort then a divide thing.  It's politics, it's fucked up.  We're just going back to our regularly scheduled programing.  I'm glad it's over.

I borrow Mike's ladder and I'm getting ready to put up the roof line.  I like to do the Christmas lights on the lower level in the dark.  Debating if I should wait until Craig is done before I do the lights around the garage.  I am sore in place I forgot I had today.  I'm going to warm up with the leaves and then get up on the ladder.

I forgot to mention the geraniums and begonias in the kitchen window have started blooming.  I cut them all back when I brought them in the house.

The dems sure do suck.

You be careful up there :). Thats badass :headbang:. I like that you do lower level in teh dark - so you can see how the design is working, right?

I wish I had windows with that much light. Nice!

Sent you a pic of my oregano, rosemary, mint and thyme cuttings. Beaker got at one of the rosemary :lol:

You wouldn't think he'd like rosemary.  That has a pretty potent smell.

I got the roof line up quick.  It helps when you have one long continuous strand.  I got cloud cover just as I was going up there.  Thankful for that, it gets darn hot up there.  I had to blow leaves off the roof first.  The kids are working on theirs too.  I invited myself over for dinner. :lol:  I need to take them a burlap bag for their elephant ear bulbs so I can check out their lights then.  It's a little early to turn them on.  Maybe wait until Thanksgiving week.

Buried in leaves again. :lol: And I'm out of trash bags to store them in.  I find they get chopped up better if you run them over once without the bagger on the mower and then go back over the area with the bagger on.  I think I have to relearn that little trick every year. :lol:

We have a beautiful day again.  Think I'll sit on my ass and watch the leaves fall.  Or maybe I shouldn't stop moving.  Took a minute to get over yesterday's soreness.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

You wouldn't think he'd like rosemary.  That has a pretty potent smell.

I got the roof line up quick.  It helps when you have one long continuous strand.  I got cloud cover just as I was going up there.  Thankful for that, it gets darn hot up there.  I had to blow leaves off the roof first.  The kids are working on theirs too.  I invited myself over for dinner. :lol:  I need to take them a burlap bag for their elephant ear bulbs so I can check out their lights then.  It's a little early to turn them on.  Maybe wait until Thanksgiving week.

Buried in leaves again. :lol: And I'm out of trash bags to store them in.  I find they get chopped up better if you run them over once without the bagger on the mower and then go back over the area with the bagger on.  I think I have to relearn that little trick every year. :lol:

We have a beautiful day again.  Think I'll sit on my ass and watch the leaves fall.  Or maybe I shouldn't stop moving.  Took a minute to get over yesterday's soreness.

Beaker prolly ate the rosemary just because I asked him not too :lol:

Maybe pics of your christmas lights?! Oooh, what dinner will you be served?

I can imagine having to relearn the mulhcing bag technique each year - sounds like me! :lol:

Beautiful here today too. Was out a bit. Garden is just dead.

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask about your mystery ache? You must have over exerted yourself? Hope its better soon.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Beaker prolly ate the rosemary just because I asked him not too :lol:

Maybe pics of your christmas lights?! Oooh, what dinner will you be served?

I can imagine having to relearn the mulhcing bag technique each year - sounds like me! :lol:

Beautiful here today too. Was out a bit. Garden is just dead.

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask about your mystery ache? You must have over exerted yourself? Hope its better soon.

Oh it was not a mystery ache. :lol:  Everything from the neck down was tight.  I did not get my usual garden work out this year.  Muscles got warmed up and they quit their belly aching.

Decided to stay home and work on my lights.  I've had more lights on the house but this will do.  I'm leaving them on for a while to get the neighbor's attention.  Hopefully Mike will decide we can do his lights tonight too.  He says he's not doing any again this year.  We'll see. :lol:

15 hours ago, cineater said:

Oh it was not a mystery ache. :lol:  Everything from the neck down was tight.  I did not get my usual garden work out this year.  Muscles got warmed up and they quit their belly aching.

Decided to stay home and work on my lights.  I've had more lights on the house but this will do.  I'm leaving them on for a while to get the neighbor's attention.  Hopefully Mike will decide we can do his lights tonight too.  He says he's not doing any again this year.  We'll see. :lol:

Im glad youre feeling better!

Youre always working an angle, Cin! I love it! Did Mike put them up yet? :lol:

11 hours ago, cineater said:

Too cool! :headbang:

I saw the outdoor classroom!!! That was awesome - like something come to life. Its awesome and the settings is beautiful :headbang:

Leslie is the Master Naturalist, right? Id love to know all that stuff. Its really inspiring how you can just hear the enthusiasm in her voice. I wonder if some of our natives are good for holding water too?

I saw milk weed too. They had pods! :lol:

I love Leslies signs too! Shes a hoot! Shed make a great childrens tv host - that she made reference too! Cool overall too!

What a treat to see some more of your grounds. Really amazing work you're all doing. Important work.

Thanks for sharing!!

• Like 1

No lights out of Mike.  He went gambling.

That's Leslie. :lol:  She is a master naturalist too.  She didn't like being on camera so much but I think she's wonderful.

You must have wetlands where you are or places that get a lot of water so you have plants that are designed to soak up the water and slow down the runoff.

47 minutes ago, cineater said:

No lights out of Mike.  He went gambling.

That's Leslie. :lol:  She is a master naturalist too.  She didn't like being on camera so much but I think she's wonderful.

You must have wetlands where you are or places that get a lot of water so you have plants that are designed to soak up the water and slow down the runoff.

I thought Leslie did great and is a natural on camera! It was nice to get out for a garden stroll with her, so to speak. She had her Salimander crossing sign. I havent seen one since childhood. Do you see them much at the garden?

Yeah, we have lots of rivers here. Ones called the Mississippi which is confusing since its not connected to the famous Mississippi River lol. Ill have to make an effort to learn at least one new Rain Bed native whenever I go fishing. We definitely have milk weed.

Only one mint clipping seems to be hanging on. Everyone else looks suitably stress but living. They drank up a full tray right away when I planted them and have just been sipping since. I knew you were right about the mint, but I hate having a clutter in my limited grow space, so one tray (that its designed to fit) made sense in the moment. Ill do mint properly another time. I knicked the woody stems with a knife like you said too. I just need one of each plant to make it. Not like your 72!! :lol:

1 hour ago, soon said:

I thought Leslie did great and is a natural on camera! It was nice to get out for a garden stroll with her, so to speak. She had her Salimander crossing sign. I havent seen one since childhood. Do you see them much at the garden?

Yeah, we have lots of rivers here. Ones called the Mississippi which is confusing since its not connected to the famous Mississippi River lol. Ill have to make an effort to learn at least one new Rain Bed native whenever I go fishing. We definitely have milk weed.

Only one mint clipping seems to be hanging on. Everyone else looks suitably stress but living. They drank up a full tray right away when I planted them and have just been sipping since. I knew you were right about the mint, but I hate having a clutter in my limited grow space, so one tray (that its designed to fit) made sense in the moment. Ill do mint properly another time. I knicked the woody stems with a knife like you said too. I just need one of each plant to make it. Not like your 72!! :lol:

I don't know if I've ever seen a salamander up there.  I'm always seeing the frogs, the snakes and the praying mantis.

There was nobody at Aldi's today.  I was in and out.  I did hoard the hashbrowns. :lol:  It was only two bags but I really only needed one.  Still, I felt guilty for taking more than my share.

I'm being attacked by leaves! :lol:  Sitting out back trying to enjoy my morning coffee and I was getting bombarded.  Save the coffee!  I had to put my hand over it and just let the leaves drop on my head.  Lily is having fun with them falling all around her.  My front tree is about done but the neighbor's tree has started.  I went ahead and mowed down a couple of my beds.  Sent you a picture of my bed in its fall color.  Where it's not yellow I still need to add leaf mulch.  I'm starting to panic I won't have enough.

Giving the car a bath today and then I'll put away the hose.  Last day of higher then normal temps and the rain comes in tomorrow.  Chance of large hail.  Yes I want a new roof, just not now!

42 minutes ago, cineater said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a salamander up there.  I'm always seeing the frogs, the snakes and the praying mantis.

There was nobody at Aldi's today.  I was in and out.  I did hoard the hashbrowns. :lol:  It was only two bags but I really only needed one.  Still, I felt guilty for taking more than my share.

I'm being attacked by leaves! :lol:  Sitting out back trying to enjoy my morning coffee and I was getting bombarded.  Save the coffee!  I had to put my hand over it and just let the leaves drop on my head.  Lily is having fun with them falling all around her.  My front tree is about done but the neighbor's tree has started.  I went ahead and mowed down a couple of my beds.  Sent you a picture of my bed in its fall color.  Where it's not yellow I still need to add leaf mulch.  I'm starting to panic I won't have enough.

Giving the car a bath today and then I'll put away the hose.  Last day of higher then normal temps and the rain comes in tomorrow.  Chance of large hail.  Yes I want a new roof, just not now!

You hashbrown hoarder! :lol: making up some cheesy potatoes? I need to make a batch!

HAHA, leaves attack - like Hitchcocks' Birds :lol: But you had your priorities right with the coffee. You'll have enough leaves, they are literally presenting themselves to you :lol:

Your bed looks incredible with its fall colours!

Your season is coning to an end too. let the grow room fun begin (continue)!!

Guess what...

Worm farm tracking says Out. For. Delivery :headbang::dance:

3 hours ago, soon said:

You hashbrown hoarder! :lol: making up some cheesy potatoes? I need to make a batch!

HAHA, leaves attack - like Hitchcocks' Birds :lol: But you had your priorities right with the coffee. You'll have enough leaves, they are literally presenting themselves to you :lol:

Your bed looks incredible with its fall colours!

Your season is coning to an end too. let the grow room fun begin (continue)!!

Guess what...

Worm farm tracking says Out. For. Delivery :headbang::dance:

Worms!  You'll have company for the holidays. :lol:  Do they sell worms during the winter months?

I'm eyeing the neighbor's tree.  He has bright orange leaves.  I went ahead and put out the 5 bags I had.  Might be a little heavy but I can steal from there if I need to.  Rain tomorrow so I'm done with leaves for a while.  Also looks like the last day for shorts.  They took hail out of the forecast.

Amazon is kicking ass on deliveries.  All my stuff has got here early so far.  I got Karen a sea turtle trivet.  I'm getting my Christmas shopping done early. 

13 minutes ago, cineater said:

Worms!  You'll have company for the holidays. :lol:  Do they sell worms during the winter months?

I'm eyeing the neighbor's tree.  He has bright orange leaves.  I went ahead and put out the 5 bags I had.  Might be a little heavy but I can steal from there if I need to.  Rain tomorrow so I'm done with leaves for a while.  Also looks like the last day for shorts.  They took hail out of the forecast.

Amazon is kicking ass on deliveries.  All my stuff has got here early so far.  I got Karen a sea turtle trivet.  I'm getting my Christmas shopping done early. 

If you don’t think people fish during the winter here, then you don’t know Canada :lol:

It arrived moments after I posted that it was out for delivery! It’s in quarantine, which is painful. But tomorrow I open it!!

Ive been freezing my food scraps since I got tracking. Plus I have some straw. This is a game changer!!! Gives me a shot in the arm about my grow room too. Between this and my solar power, I might not have to deal with many random humans after this :lol:

I decided not to collect leaves for it - spiders and all.

I placed an Amazon order and it better f’n arrive tomorrow. Amazon is way better at delivery than Etsy crafters which is easy to understand to a great extent. But “the pandemic” doesn’t explain why people staying home more limits them from making homemade items! :facepalm: :lol:

Sea turtle trivet sounds really cool!!! I’m sure she’ll love it!

The first year I grew flax, it was with the intention of making trivets out of it. I made like two and decided that I wouldn’t grow as much flax the next year :lol:

Dont get bonked by that hail!

• Like 1

Wind just blowing away out there and the leaves are coming down.  Hopefully I can work with them this afternoon.  The rain is holding off till this evening.  Hopefully that means the creek project can finish up today.  In the meantime, a call has gone out to help plant 200 milkweed.  Not sure I'm going to get in on that but probably.

Wind just blowing away out there and the leaves are coming down.  Hopefully I can work with them this afternoon.  The rain is holding off till this evening.  Hopefully that means the creek project can finish up today.  In the meantime, a call has gone out to help plant 200 milkweed.  Not sure I'm going to get in on that but probably.

I hope you can get all the leaves you need before the rain!

The butterflies will be so happy with the milk weed.

2-3 mint cuttings bounced back over night! They do like shade so maybe thats why the night time with no lights was when the took. They still might not make it but 2 are looking as strong as most of the oregano.

Cant wait for my hanging wall organizers arrives for all my garden stuff. (Like those things that hang on doors, made of clear plasic pockets. Often they are marketed to women for shoes, makeup, etc).

1 hour ago, soon said:

I hope you can get all the leaves you need before the rain!

The butterflies will be so happy with the milk weed.

2-3 mint cuttings bounced back over night! They do like shade so maybe thats why the night time with no lights was when the took. They still might not make it but 2 are looking as strong as most of the oregano.

Cant wait for my hanging wall organizers arrives for all my garden stuff. (Like those things that hang on doors, made of clear plasic pockets. Often they are marketed to women for shoes, makeup, etc).

I have the lights pretty high above my cuttings.  I figured if they were down low that encourages top growth and I want root going on.

Where's the worm farm today?  I'm not that organized.  Seeing all that stuff makes me crazy.  I want it out of my sight.

Stopped by the garden.  They won't be done today but they are close.

Last night I'm out on the patio, shorts and bare feet.  I look over the top of the bush and think I see the opossum coming but lose him behind the bush.  Before I can get out of the way I hear a charging noise headed for me and up pops Lily.  I'm saying to her, oh I thought you were a opossum and just that quick, oh you are a opossum.  We all three freaked a little. :lol:

Simone walks up to my newly leafed bed.  I'm thinking she's going to turn it into a little box.  She flops down in it and rolls over on her back with this look of contentment and goes to sleep.  :lol:  Leaf beds are better than waterbeds to a cat.

Not that many leaves out there but I couldn't resist.  Few more parts of beds covered.  I'm stalking the neighbors so I can ask about their leaves.  It's becoming an obsession. :lol:

• Haha 1

I have the lights pretty high above my cuttings.  I figured if they were down low that encourages top growth and I want root going on.

Where's the worm farm today?  I'm not that organized.  Seeing all that stuff makes me crazy.  I want it out of my sight.

Stopped by the garden.  They won't be done today but they are close.

Shoot - that’s right about the lights. Sigh. Too much work to rearrange it now. I suck :lol: I was sitting here thinking about planting some tomato to grow indoors. Let’s just get some more micro greens first, lol.

The worm farm is still in quarantine for a couple hours. I’d just sanitize the box but I’m running out of sanitizer. Can’t wait!! Just baked my first sandwich loaf - looks good!

Ill be using the organizer in the grow room/work room. So I love having everything available in there - but I’m the same as you about every other room. 

17 minutes ago, cineater said:

Last night I'm out on the patio, shorts and bare feet.  I look over the top of the bush and think I see the opossum coming but lose him behind the bush.  Before I can get out of the way I hear a charging noise headed for me and up pops Lily.  I'm saying to her, oh I thought you were a opossum and just that quick, oh you are a opossum.  We all three freaked a little. :lol:

Simone walks up to my newly leafed bed.  I'm thinking she's going to turn it into a little box.  She flops down in it and rolls over on her back with this look of contentment and goes to sleep.  :lol:  Leaf beds are better than waterbeds to a cat.

Not that many leaves out there but I couldn't resist.  Few more parts of beds covered.  I'm stalking the neighbors so I can ask about their leaves.  It's becoming an obsession. :lol:

Who knew leaves could be habit forming?! :lol:

Haha, you Lily abs opossum :lol:

Oh Simone! I can just picture it. In my minds eye she’s just like a classic Disney animation, with anthropomorphized facial expressions :lol: 

20 minutes ago, soon said:

Shoot - that’s right about the lights. Sigh. Too much work to rearrange it now. I suck :lol: I was sitting here thinking about planting some tomato to grow indoors. Let’s just get some more micro greens first, lol.

The worm farm is still in quarantine for a couple hours. I’d just sanitize the box but I’m running out of sanitizer. Can’t wait!! Just baked my first sandwich loaf - looks good!

Ill be using the organizer in the grow room/work room. So I love having everything available in there - but I’m the same as you about every other room. 

Who knew leaves could be habit forming?! :lol:

Haha, you Lily abs opossum :lol:

Oh Simone! I can just picture it. In my minds eye she’s just like a classic Disney animation, with anthropomorphized facial expressions :lol: 

It's still pretty nice here.  The wind is blowing over the trash cans so something is coming in.

Open the door and more amazon packages out there.  Love that.  They weren't supposed to be here until Thursday.  Any idea what I should put on my list?

I want to start growing too.  Sent you a picture of Lily.  The moment I took the plants down to water she claimed that sunny spot.  She's watching the leaves fall. :lol:

50 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's still pretty nice here.  The wind is blowing over the trash cans so something is coming in.

Open the door and more amazon packages out there.  Love that.  They weren't supposed to be here until Thursday.  Any idea what I should put on my list?

I want to start growing too.  Sent you a picture of Lily.  The moment I took the plants down to water she claimed that sunny spot.  She's watching the leaves fall. :lol:

Hope its not hail. Its nice here too.

Hmmm, what to put on your list...? Do you ever look at your flowers under an eye loupe? That can be cool. And since youre an MG its probably helpful info you can glean as well. Or a worm farm!!!

"Pictures of Lily, Lily oh Lily" She is one cute brat! I can just imagine Beaker would be there as fast :lol: She needs to watch the leaves fall, Cin. Its important :lol:

Was watching a cannabis grow tutorial and the host was wearing a shirt that said "Legalize Tomatoes" :lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, soon said:

Hope its not hail. Its nice here too.

Hmmm, what to put on your list...? Do you ever look at your flowers under an eye loupe? That can be cool. And since youre an MG its probably helpful info you can glean as well. Or a worm farm!!!

"Pictures of Lily, Lily oh Lily" She is one cute brat! I can just imagine Beaker would be there as fast :lol: She needs to watch the leaves fall, Cin. Its important :lol:

Was watching a cannabis grow tutorial and the host was wearing a shirt that said "Legalize Tomatoes" :lol:

Wasn't much of a storm.  My friend lost power but I don't know why.

Don't look that closely at my flowers. No more pets for me.  You can be the worm guy.

Sent you a link for a town hall at noon.  They are covering winterizing your tools and what to do with your leaves.

Edited by cineater

15 hours ago, cineater said:

Wasn't much of a storm.  My friend lost power but I don't know why.

Don't look that closely at my flowers. No more pets for me.  You can be the worm guy.

Sent you a link for a town hall at noon.  They are covering winterizing your tools and what to do with your leaves.

Okay I’ll be the worm guy, lol. What about adding the American Beauty anniversary edition to your list?

Thanks for link - sounds great! Should I start logging in to it 30 minutes out or 20 minutes out? lol

I've now got 4 mint in the running! We shall see. And my nettles have true leaves as of this morning. 

Edited by soon

3 hours ago, soon said:

Okay I’ll be the worm guy, lol. What about adding the American Beauty anniversary edition to your list?

Thanks for link - sounds great! Should I start logging in to it 30 minutes out or 20 minutes out? lol

I've now got 4 mint in the running! We shall see. And my nettles have true leaves as of this morning. 

Coming in with mud on my boots. :lol:  Class starts in a few minutes.  I'll be back.

• Haha 1