Gardening

Gracii Guns

I had some christmas cactus survive and bloom for a number of years. I guess I should have repotted it eventually.

I thought he said Juggalo instead of juglone. "Be cautious of the juggalos" :rofl-lol:

You never told me that y'all have a YT channel!?!?!?! That Tuesday Tip was awesome!

Everyday around this time my neighbour screams in 'tongues' to allah about his kingdoms reign. So this class is perfectly timed to drown it out a bit.:lol:

Cool class! Learned lots - thanks for invite! Ill be taking much better care of my tools, thats for sure.

Edited by soon

49 minutes ago, soon said:

I had some christmas cactus survive and bloom for a number of years. I guess I should have repotted it eventually.

I thought he said Juggalo instead of juglone. "Be cautious of the juggalos" :rofl-lol:

You never told me that y'all have a YT channel!?!?!?! That Tuesday Tip was awesome!

Everyday around this time my neighbour screams in 'tongues' to allah about his kingdoms reign. So this class is perfectly timed to drown it out a bit.:lol:

Cool class! Learned lots - thanks for invite! Ill be taking much better care of my tools, thats for sure.

Er, gods can hear you without screaming.  But you should follow up with a thank you for this beautiful plant.

We do a much better job of explaining of how to file.  You can use used motor oil too.

I freaked when the person asked about using them on flower beds and the answer was she "suppose you could take them off and put them in the compost bin"!  No!  WTF.  Wasn't she paying attention to heaving and mulching things in for the winter?  Places for bugs to live, the benefits it adds to the soil, not to mention no weeding.  Mother nature doesn't take leaves off flower beds.  Mimic her.

Few degrees above freezing but the sun is out and no breeze.  It was nice working in the garden.  We winterized the fig tree and mulch a few of the beds.  Coming in with mud on my boots is a gardner's way of saying, coming in hot. :lol:

Everybody has a youtube channel.  That is for the town hall meetings.  They were having them weekly.  Some of it's good but these folks have farmer mentality.  I take issue sometimes with how they do shit.  Then again I don't do well with Christmas Cactus so maybe I should listen more to what they have to say.

28 minutes ago, cineater said:

Er, gods can hear you without screaming.  But you should follow up with a thank you for this beautiful plant.

We do a much better job of explaining of how to file.  You can use used motor oil too.

I freaked when the person asked about using them on flower beds and the answer was she "suppose you could take them off and put them in the compost bin"!  No!  WTF.  Wasn't she paying attention to heaving and mulching things in for the winter?  Places for bugs to live, the benefits it adds to the soil, not to mention no weeding.  Mother nature doesn't take leaves off flower beds.  Mimic her.

Few degrees above freezing but the sun is out and no breeze.  It was nice working in the garden.  We winterized the fig tree and mulch a few of the beds.  Coming in with mud on my boots is a gardner's way of saying, coming in hot. :lol:

Everybody has a youtube channel.  That is for the town hall meetings.  They were having them weekly.  Some of it's good but these folks have farmer mentality.  I take issue sometimes with how they do shit.  Then again I don't do well with Christmas Cactus so maybe I should listen more to what they have to say.

My neighbour is so psycho that I've stopped mentioning her actions to people irl. They seem to find it un-beleivable and then I'm looking like the crazy person :facepalm::facepalm::lol: Well, Im ready for her jihad and their not. Have fun with that. :lol:

I can just use veg oil though right? On the tools?

You should have lead the leaf mulch section!

Ive even mentioned that you should start a YT and you said no! Youve been holding out on me! :P

Ill send warm farm pics shortly :headbang:

45 minutes ago, soon said:

My neighbour is so psycho that I've stopped mentioning her actions to people irl. They seem to find it un-beleivable and then I'm looking like the crazy person :facepalm::facepalm::lol: Well, Im ready for her jihad and their not. Have fun with that. :lol:

I can just use veg oil though right? On the tools?

You should have lead the leaf mulch section!

Ive even mentioned that you should start a YT and you said no! Youve been holding out on me! :P

Ill send warm farm pics shortly :headbang:

Oh that's the bigger group that has the youtube channel.  I'm better in person. :lol:

Any oil is good.  It keeps the moisture off.  You're not going to get that much in your soil the first time you put it in ground but you could whip it off it that makes you nervous.  Some people stick their shovels in a bucket of sand.  The sand helps a little to keep it sharp too.

Did you pick up the worms yet?  I sent you a picture of one of my beds all tucked in.  Looks so cute.

I text Caleb this morning to wish him Happy Veteran's Day.  He text back, thank you babe. :lol:  He has my number listed as Karen's home.  He was embarrassed.  Not the first time he has mixed us up.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh that's the bigger group that has the youtube channel.  I'm better in person. :lol:

Any oil is good.  It keeps the moisture off.  You're not going to get that much in your soil the first time you put it in ground but you could whip it off it that makes you nervous.  Some people stick their shovels in a bucket of sand.  The sand helps a little to keep it sharp too.

Did you pick up the worms yet?  I sent you a picture of one of my beds all tucked in.  Looks so cute.

I text Caleb this morning to wish him Happy Veteran's Day.  He text back, thank you babe. :lol:  He has my number listed as Karen's home.  He was embarrassed.  Not the first time he has mixed us up.

... Then you should do a YT vid in person :lol:

Neat - the people who stick shovels in buckets of sand, do they put oil on it first?

No worms yet - might have to wait until tomorrow.  Your garden looks too cute! Your lawn and garden are really something.

HAHAHAHAHA Caleb! :rofl-lol: Well... if he doesnt change how hes got the number changed soon, we'll start wondering :lol:

Im not familiar with how you greet one another for veterans day. Did he or people in his family work in military? Rememberance Day here. Everything had to be cancelled to the public.

2 hours ago, soon said:

... Then you should do a YT vid in person :lol:

Neat - the people who stick shovels in buckets of sand, do they put oil on it first?

No worms yet - might have to wait until tomorrow.  Your garden looks too cute! Your lawn and garden are really something.

HAHAHAHAHA Caleb! :rofl-lol: Well... if he doesnt change how hes got the number changed soon, we'll start wondering :lol:

Im not familiar with how you greet one another for veterans day. Did he or people in his family work in military? Rememberance Day here. Everything had to be cancelled to the public.

Oh yeah, he ran to the military to get away from his family.  He's Army.

They put a little oil in the sand but you don't have to if your sand is really dry.

I passed on helping with the milkweed.  She wants to do it as a group and said she is not enforcing masks and social distancing.  She already had 6 people.

I have a sweet mustard, kale and bacon pizza for dinner.  Sounds good.  And it was good.  Might have been the sweet mustard.

Little Boy is talking to me and letting me scratch his cheek when I put his food out.

Edited by cineater

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Oh yeah, he ran to the military to get away from his family.  He's Army.

They put a little oil in the sand but you don't have to if your sand is really dry.

I passed on helping with the milkweed.  She wants to do it as a group and said she is not enforcing masks and social distancing.  She already had 6 people.

I have a sweet mustard, kale and bacon pizza for dinner.  Sounds good.  And it was good.  Might have been the sweet mustard.

Little Boy is talking to me and letting me scratch his cheek when I put his food out.

Happy Veterans Day to Caleb.

Seems like a good idea to pass on milkweeds.

What an incredible pizza!!! Ive never had that, but it sounds perfect. It really seems that one could live on that forever :drool: I can make pizza... and you know I like the kale :lol:

You and Little Boy - I love it!

Mints still doing so good that I'm concerned about 'what will I do with all that mint??' :lol:

1 hour ago, soon said:

Happy Veterans Day to Caleb.

Seems like a good idea to pass on milkweeds.

What an incredible pizza!!! Ive never had that, but it sounds perfect. It really seems that one could live on that forever :drool: I can make pizza... and you know I like the kale :lol:

You and Little Boy - I love it!

Mints still doing so good that I'm concerned about 'what will I do with all that mint??' :lol:

Mints are a good grower!

My grandparent's drug store is for sale.  https://www.xome.com/commercial-for-sale/207-209-E-Main-Marmaduke-AR-72443-344015959  Really run down.  My family sold it back in the 70's.  It was a cool building back in the day.  The building to the left of it was a bank.  On the right was an old doctor's office that had been closed when he died on the way to the hospital with an appendicitis attack before I was born.  My aunt and uncle's store and the post office on the end.  My brother has the slab of marble from the front of the soda fountain.  Probably worth more than the property is worth now.

9 hours ago, cineater said:

Mints are a good grower!

My grandparent's drug store is for sale.  https://www.xome.com/commercial-for-sale/207-209-E-Main-Marmaduke-AR-72443-344015959  Really run down.  My family sold it back in the 70's.  It was a cool building back in the day.  The building to the left of it was a bank.  On the right was an old doctor's office that had been closed when he died on the way to the hospital with an appendicitis attack before I was born.  My aunt and uncle's store and the post office on the end.  My brother has the slab of marble from the front of the soda fountain.  Probably worth more than the property is worth now.

That old property has so much charm to it. I bet it was the hub of the community back in the day? This is too cool - I'm getting a fried green tomatoes vibe, lol. Thats awesome he has the old marble slab. What a slice of Americana! Did you spend much time there?

Im thinking of harvesting the entire dill plants now, theres really plenty of dill on them all ready, ready to use. Ill just plant more. Hey - I grew dill microgreens! :lol:

1 hour ago, soon said:

That old property has so much charm to it. I bet it was the hub of the community back in the day? This is too cool - I'm getting a fried green tomatoes vibe, lol. Thats awesome he has the old marble slab. What a slice of Americana! Did you spend much time there?

Im thinking of harvesting the entire dill plants now, theres really plenty of dill on them all ready, ready to use. Ill just plant more. Hey - I grew dill microgreens! :lol:

I spent summers with my grandparents when I was young.  Started first grade there.  We were living in California then.  Dad couldn't get off work to come get me and my grandparents weren't really willing to give me up any sooner than they had too.  They had a parrot that lived in the store, Pappy, and a great dane.  Across the street my aunt had a beauty parlor, Ernie had a barber shop and there was a pool hall I wasn't allowed in, lol.  Very Fried Green Tomatoes. :lol:

Love the smell of dill.  How will you use it?

Craig is suppose to be here at 9.  No heat for me tonight.  I'm meeting Carmen at the garden to get some native bee balm.  Hopefully planting it at the side project today.

• Like 1

I love the parrot named Pappy! Pappy must have been popular? Did you and Pappy chat? That is all so wholesome and classic! That ladies in the beauty shop talking about the men in the barber shop, and the reverse too, no doubt. Sounds nice. Haha, the pool hall! Hey, did you gt to have the soda fountain pop? I am convinced that pop used to taste better back then? T'wanda!! :lol:

Me too - dill is great! Im gonna use it in a cold tuna pasta salad. Just egg shell pasta, mayo, tuna, diced celery, dill and smoked paprika. Sometimes I use diced red pepper or those tiny shrimp to change it up. Childhood favourite. I meant to ask - on your pizza, was there still tomato pizza sauce or was the sweet mustard the sauce?

I hope you stay warm! Glad hes getting to it - I gather his truck is fixed which is great too. Your side project is spoiled! Bee Balm is so great! A local herbalist uses it as a stable in many products. I think I have an aches and pain ointment with bee balm in it from them.

48 minutes ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

Anyone know much about Yucca plants?

Total plant novice here, I've got a potted yucca out on my deck and I'm not sure he's doing okay or how best to care for him.  In the UK so pretty wet and cold here through the winter.

Depends on what kind you have but if it looks like a tree, it has to come in for the winter.

3 hours ago, soon said:

I love the parrot named Pappy! Pappy must have been popular? Did you and Pappy chat? That is all so wholesome and classic! That ladies in the beauty shop talking about the men in the barber shop, and the reverse too, no doubt. Sounds nice. Haha, the pool hall! Hey, did you gt to have the soda fountain pop? I am convinced that pop used to taste better back then? T'wanda!! :lol:

Me too - dill is great! Im gonna use it in a cold tuna pasta salad. Just egg shell pasta, mayo, tuna, diced celery, dill and smoked paprika. Sometimes I use diced red pepper or those tiny shrimp to change it up. Childhood favourite. I meant to ask - on your pizza, was there still tomato pizza sauce or was the sweet mustard the sauce?

I hope you stay warm! Glad hes getting to it - I gather his truck is fixed which is great too. Your side project is spoiled! Bee Balm is so great! A local herbalist uses it as a stable in many products. I think I have an aches and pain ointment with bee balm in it from them.

The soda came out of a spigot I think.  They made handmade milk shakes.  Those I remember, so fucking good.  I wasn't allowed that many sweets but once in a while I would get a milkshake.

The units are in but not hooked up.  The guys were leaving for lunch as I was coming back so I'm not sure how it's going.  They have to run by Home Depot while they're out.  Means something just not sure what. :lol:

Was at the garden.  The barriers for amendment bin one are moved to the other end but not set up.  The guy was leveling out the ground.  Looks like we will have more room for the monarch way station.

No tomato sauce on the pizza.  Good cold too. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cineater said:

The soda came out of a spigot I think.  They made handmade milk shakes.  Those I remember, so fucking good.  I wasn't allowed that many sweets but once in a while I would get a milkshake.

The units are in but not hooked up.  The guys were leaving for lunch as I was coming back so I'm not sure how it's going.  They have to run by Home Depot while they're out.  Means something just not sure what. :lol:

Was at the garden.  The barriers for amendment bin one are moved to the other end but not set up.  The guy was leveling out the ground.  Looks like we will have more room for the monarch way station.

No tomato sauce on the pizza.  Good cold too. :lol:

Soda from a spigot alone sounds enchanting! Those milkshakes must have been the best, eh?! Sounds amazing.

What was the mystery of the Home Depot trip? :lol: Hope nothing expensive!

Wow - they are almost down the creek project :headbang:Thats great about the monarch way station

That pizza sounds tasty and interesting. I need to try that! Ain't it always good cold too :lol::drool:

I made jalapeno poppers so far, but nothing else. Listened to the latest Dead and Gone. Bonkers stuff. I cant believe how into this I am.

6 hours ago, soon said:

Soda from a spigot alone sounds enchanting! Those milkshakes must have been the best, eh?! Sounds amazing.

What was the mystery of the Home Depot trip? :lol: Hope nothing expensive!

Wow - they are almost down the creek project :headbang:Thats great about the monarch way station

That pizza sounds tasty and interesting. I need to try that! Ain't it always good cold too :lol::drool:

I made jalapeno poppers so far, but nothing else. Listened to the latest Dead and Gone. Bonkers stuff. I cant believe how into this I am.

You got on the bus. :lol:  You're a deadhead now.

I have heat!  He has to come back and finish the AC.  Either tomorrow or Sunday.

I have class tonight on propagating native seeds.  Must not forget.  Ended up being a three hour class most of which went over my head.  That guy knows his natives.  They grow like 10,000 plants a year for big projects.

Edited by cineater

12 hours ago, cineater said:

You got on the bus. :lol:  You're a deadhead now.

I have heat!  He has to come back and finish the AC.  Either tomorrow or Sunday.

I have class tonight on propagating native seeds.  Must not forget.  Ended up being a three hour class most of which went over my head.  That guy knows his natives.  They grow like 10,000 plants a year for big projects.

:lol: But this Dead and Gone is scary!

Yay heat!

Oh I bet you could have taught the class. Sounds like it was a good one! 10 000?!?! :wow:

1 hour ago, soon said:

:lol: But this Dead and Gone is scary!

Yay heat!

Oh I bet you could have taught the class. Sounds like it was a good one! 10 000?!?! :wow:

No way, that guy knew his science shit.  He had to ask us what the name was because he refers to them by their scientific name.  Beka likes to introduce me as the overall lead of the demo gardens.  Don't do that, I don't know shit, lol.  I'm the labor not the brains.  He was talking about just observing the plants.  Watch them for a half an hour.  I'm thinking pothead you long hair hippy type. :lol:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, cineater said:

No way, that guy knew his science shit.  He had to ask us what the name was because he refers to them by their scientific name.  Beka likes to introduce me as the overall lead of the demo gardens.  Don't do that, I don't know shit, lol.  I'm the labor not the brains.  He was talking about just observing the plants.  Watch them for a half an hour.  I'm thinking pothead you long hair hippy type. :lol:

Fucking hippies! :lol:

Ha, now even more people will be coming to you with shit to do! lol

I just skimmed the mould off my cuttings. Bottom watered, fan and next to heater. Man!

Finally got my slap chop. Meh. For the celery and onion Ive chopped so far, its not accurate enough for anything but making a base for a soup or a braising liquid. Luckily, Im planning to get my braising on all winter long! Also good enough for the stuffing Im making now. I miss sage so bad - cant find seeds, cant find it fresh. So I will use rosemary, thyme and oregano in its place. I still have plenty of that which didnt become cuttings.

Can't believe you can't get sage.

The creek project appears done!  The bins are back in place with the one moved to the other end.  They left hills of stuff in them but we can smooth that out.  Told Judy to plot it out and we will plant the Monarch Way Station next week.  She's going to get a bigger bed.

Craig had to go put in a window so he may not get to the air conditioner till Sunday.  Don't care, it's winter but he needs my check.  Just talked to Chris and I can have his leaves!  Out the door.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Can't believe you can't get sage.

The creek project appears done!  The bins are back in place with the one moved to the other end.  They left hills of stuff in them but we can smooth that out.  Told Judy to plot it out and we will plant the Monarch Way Station next week.  She's going to get a bigger bed.

Craig had to go put in a window so he may not get to the air conditioner till Sunday.  Don't care, it's winter but he needs my check.  Just talked to Chris and I can have his leaves!  Out the door.

Thats incredible about the creek project!! :headbang:Im excited! And so happy about the way station.

Yeah, heat only is good enough. Go get those leaves, you fiend! :lol:

Stuffing was pretty good. I want to make and smoke my own turkey deli cuts. Id use the breasts. If i get a whole turkey, I wonder if I can slice off the breasts but still roast the rest with stuffing in it?

26 minutes ago, soon said:

Thats incredible about the creek project!! :headbang:Im excited! And so happy about the way station.

Yeah, heat only is good enough. Go get those leaves, you fiend! :lol:

Stuffing was pretty good. I want to make and smoke my own turkey deli cuts. Id use the breasts. If i get a whole turkey, I wonder if I can slice off the breasts but still roast the rest with stuffing in it?

Don't know, you are the better cook.  Or I should say you are the cook. :lol:

I sent you pictures.  The leaves were a brighter yellow when they first came down but they still look good on the beds.  The color fades as the leaves dry up and eventually they are shades of brown.  Simone is not going to be happy I mowed down her cover plants.  I could do the beds along the fence if I get more leaves but I'm not going to go looking for them.  Chris was delighted I wanted the leaves.  He has a service coming next week to take all the leaves out of his yard.  Told him what I do.  He understands but still doesn't want his leaves.  He was amazed at how quickly and clean his front yard became.

Took all my cardboard to recycling and my side project showed up while I was there.  Decided it was too cold to plant the bee balm today.  That was this morning and I'm out there without a jacket now.

When are the worms coming?