Gardening

Gracii Guns

7 hours ago, cineater said:

Yeah, he got a talking to.

Now Del is complaining to everybody about the creek project.  The rock along the bank only goes half way up to the top.  He thinks we need to put netting on the exposed soil between the rock and top.  I'm going to assume that the engineers that designed this project and the people who did the work and the city planner that signed off on this know what they are doing.  Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. :lol: But I already told him today we would address planting it next month in the leads meeting.  He did not need to send a reply to our person who sends out the announcement that he recommended the Council look into it.  Send that to Faye Del.  We have a chain of command here.  I explained that to you today.  He's not wintering in Arizona this year and I have a feeling I may put him in my car and drive him there if he keeps it up. :lol: 

I hope Alex has been put in his place for good!

Pure Del :lol: I love the image of him in the backseat of your car as you drive him there! :lol: Youre lucky to have so many construction experts chirping at ya! lol

Im down to just a few thyme cuttings that arent turning grey.

1 hour ago, soon said:

I hope Alex has been put in his place for good!

Pure Del :lol: I love the image of him in the backseat of your car as you drive him there! :lol: Youre lucky to have so many construction experts chirping at ya! lol

Im down to just a few thyme cuttings that arent turning grey.

They may have just dropped their leaves while they are working on roots.  Here we go again, ever so gently, check the stem to see if it still has some give to it.  The top of the cutting maybe dried out but the bottom may still be alive.  Don't disturb the stem, hopefully it is putting out roots.  Could look closely to see if there are some leaf buds forming but I think it's still working on roots.  I don't give up until it's painfully obvious the whole top is dead.  And then I gently pull it out to see if there were any roots.  If I have good looking roots I wait a little longer.

Oh god no, Del goes in the trunk with a gag in his mouth. :lol:  He would be your backseat driver!  But thanks for speaking up Del, I know I can count on you to be a part of this project, ahahaha.  Yeah you just volunteered yourself.

Good news, Joe has made arrangements with the parks for free wood chips for our paths.  Gary will pick them up in exchange for plants.  Reminded him what we really need is leaf mulch.  If he could just run the truck a few miles down the road and get some of that, we'd be good to go.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, cineater said:

They may have just dropped their leaves while they are working on roots.  Here we go again, ever so gently, check the stem to see if it still has some give to it.  The top of the cutting maybe dried out but the bottom may still be alive.  Don't disturb the stem, hopefully it is putting out roots.  Could look closely to see if there are some leaf buds forming but I think it's still working on roots.  I don't give up until it's painfully obvious the whole top is dead.  And then I gently pull it out to see if there were any roots.  If I have good looking roots I wait a little longer.

Oh god no, Del goes in the trunk with a gag in his mouth. :lol:  He would be your backseat driver!  But thanks for speaking up Del, I know I can count on you to be a part of this project, ahahaha.  Yeah you just volunteered yourself.

Good news, Joe has made arrangements with the parks for free wood chips for our paths.  Gary will pick them up in exchange for plants.  Reminded him what we really need is leaf mulch.  If he could just run the truck a few miles down the road and get some of that, we'd be good to go.

AHAHAHAHA Del locked in the trunk! But your totally right - he'd be a backseat driver :lol:

Thanks for the thyme troubleshooting tips! The smaller green ones are rooting. Some greys aren't. But one grey has vibrant new leaves coming in too. Just noticed that now. Thanks!!

That's awesome about the wood chips!! Hope he gets you more leaves!!

My new hanging organizer is working! I had bought sandpaper to scarify my wholly lambs ear seeds. Id bought it and tossed in in tool box where it was promptly forgotten. Now its in a pouch along with the seeds. :headbang:

4 hours ago, soon said:

AHAHAHAHA Del locked in the trunk! But your totally right - he'd be a backseat driver :lol:

Thanks for the thyme troubleshooting tips! The smaller green ones are rooting. Some greys aren't. But one grey has vibrant new leaves coming in too. Just noticed that now. Thanks!!

That's awesome about the wood chips!! Hope he gets you more leaves!!

My new hanging organizer is working! I had bought sandpaper to scarify my wholly lambs ear seeds. Id bought it and tossed in in tool box where it was promptly forgotten. Now its in a pouch along with the seeds. :headbang:

Oh I thought you meant the stems were going grey.  But good they are rooting.  Did you nic the wood (ever so gently, lol)?  I have a hard time giving up on plants.

You can put the seeds in a can with the sandpaper and shake it good.  Do a little dance with the can if you get bored.  But that should nic them for your instead of doing each seed by hand.  Did I mention using Dawn dish soap for breaking the seed coat?

Paul wants to start the pansies.  He's very good at growing those but no not until December and we don't have the starting mix in yet.  Something to do with Canada and UPC codes.  We're going to see if he can get the calla lilies going.  The man just wants to grow something and he's really good at growing too much.

Got the Way Station plants out of the hoop house and lined up by their garden.  That got me caught at the gardens and now going to be featured as the Master Gardener of the month on the Extensions facebook page.  I set Marsha up to get caught tomorrow. :lol:  You know how much I love having my picture took and talking about myself. :facepalm:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Oh I thought you meant the stems were going grey.  But good they are rooting.  Did you nic the wood (ever so gently, lol)?  I have a hard time giving up on plants.

You can put the seeds in a can with the sandpaper and shake it good.  Do a little dance with the can if you get bored.  But that should nic them for your instead of doing each seed by hand.  Did I mention using Dawn dish soap for breaking the seed coat?

Paul wants to start the pansies.  He's very good at growing those but no not until December and we don't have the starting mix in yet.  Something to do with Canada and UPC codes.  We're going to see if he can get the calla lilies going.  The man just wants to grow something and he's really good at growing too much.

Got the Way Station plants out of the hoop house and lined up by their garden.  That got me caught at the gardens and now going to be featured as the Master Gardener of the month on the Extensions facebook page.  I set Marsha up to get caught tomorrow. :lol:  You know how much I love having my picture took and talking about myself. :facepalm:

I did nic the woody stems, just like you said too. Thanks! The Rosemary was already droopy when it came from the store. And it hasnt changed at all, one way of the other.

Thats such a cool trick for nicing the Lambs Ear! And I get to dance? Party! Except the boss does look at me disaprovingly when I dance near him :lol: I dont remember about that Dawn trick - who figured that one out?!?!

See, Canada post service is so slow!!! Get him on those canna lillies!

I cant wait to see your Gardener of the Month post! You rascal, setting up Marsha!! :lol:

Theres now new leaf on a few thyme :headbang:And Im day dreaming about making mint choc chip fro yo with homemade yogurt too. I was designing a food forest earlier and it turned into a mint choc chip, soda pop, baked potato, pulled pork and pumpkin patch centric food forest.... yeah I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. And needed a snack! :lol:

(But theres maybe something to this in a more serious way? Like the shift to local, sustainable, organic food production needs to taste f'n exceptional and be tempting right?)

26 minutes ago, cineater said:

No show from Craig today so I sent him a picture of the oatmeal raisin cookies, going fast, ahahaha.  I can be mean.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 1

You must be hungry to dream all that up, go get a snack.

That native propagation guy said soak seeds in water with dawn dish soap for two minutes and then rinse them off real good to scarify the seed coat.  I've googled it but didn't find anything on it.  I was asking him about soaking seeds in hot water which he said was an old fashioned method.  One or two drops to a gallon.  Marsha is going to experiment with it.  Personally, I like the little dance. :lol:

• Haha 1

Planning the butterfly shaped garden tonight.  Looks like the summer colors will be purple, orange and yellow.  Planting petunias, celosia, marigolds and Joseph's coat.  Marsha is bring me some seed packets tomorrow.  Everybody has to be timed to be blooming at the end of April for the plant sale but small enough to be held until close to the end of May when they will go in ground. 

Ken is still working on the design.  I'm going to put a little taller plant in the body of the butterfly to give it some more dimension.  I'm hoping the petunias will blow in the breeze and give it some movement.  They are fluffy so that may trick the eye to feel like movement.  I'll have to talk to Ken about the shape to plant them to feel movement or flight.  Can't find anything on that in the plant world but he's an artist so he may know how to do that with plants.  The other plants are pretty solid and compact but they have a punch of color.

So I'm watching streaming videos of a band called Blue October.  I got in on the end of it.  The singer is fantastic the way he expresses emotion in the song.  He's like a broadway performer, very animated.  In one song he's painfully signing stay with me.  Lily got very concerned, ran to the computer screen and started rubbing on it and meowing at me to do something.  Check this out:  https://www.facebook.com/blueoctober/videos/2528679250758236

Edited by cineater
  • Thanks 1

Okay wait, the reason they are streaming their videos instead of doing a live performance is the dad of the two main people and the band manager died.  Stay With Me was a song he had written for his dad.  Other than that the whole thing is worth a listen.  They have pretty good songs.

10 hours ago, cineater said:

Planning the butterfly shaped garden tonight.  Looks like the summer colors will be purple, orange and yellow.  Planting petunias, celosia, marigolds and Joseph's coat.  Marsha is bring me some seed packets tomorrow.  Everybody has to be timed to be blooming at the end of April for the plant sale but small enough to be held until close to the end of May when they will go in ground. 

Ken is still working on the design.  I'm going to put a little taller plant in the body of the butterfly to give it some more dimension.  I'm hoping the petunias will blow in the breeze and give it some movement.  They are fluffy so that may trick the eye to feel like movement.  I'll have to talk to Ken about the shape to plant them to feel movement or flight.  Can't find anything on that in the plant world but he's an artist so he may know how to do that with plants.  The other plants are pretty solid and compact but they have a punch of color.

So I'm watching streaming videos of a band called Blue October.  I got in on the end of it.  The singer is fantastic the way he expresses emotion in the song.  He's like a broadway performer, very animated.  In one song he's painfully signing stay with me.  Lily got very concerned, ran to the computer screen and started rubbing on it and meowing at me to do something.  Check this out:  https://www.facebook.com/blueoctober/videos/2528679250758236

Butterfly garden plans sound great! Perfect summer colours. Thats some MG level shit - timing the growth like that. Of various plants no less! Thats bad ass :headbang:

Dimension and movement. You got game! Or "flight" man I wanna learn all this stuff! Sounds like you and Ken are making a masterpiece!

Ive heard of that band. Dont know them though. Will check this out, thanks.

Oh sweet Lily! She wanted you to help him. Beaker is feeling ignored since I had an online meeting first thing this morning. Hes acting out a bit. :lol:

9 hours ago, cineater said:

Okay wait, the reason they are streaming their videos instead of doing a live performance is the dad of the two main people and the band manager died.  Stay With Me was a song he had written for his dad.  Other than that the whole thing is worth a listen.  They have pretty good songs.

Thats so sad. 2020 sucks.

Im looking through old gardening picks and thinking "how did I ever do all that?" Next seasons gonna hit me like a ton of bricks! :lol:

3 hours ago, soon said:

Butterfly garden plans sound great! Perfect summer colours. Thats some MG level shit - timing the growth like that. Of various plants no less! Thats bad ass :headbang:

Dimension and movement. You got game! Or "flight" man I wanna learn all this stuff! Sounds like you and Ken are making a masterpiece!

Ive heard of that band. Dont know them though. Will check this out, thanks.

Oh sweet Lily! She wanted you to help him. Beaker is feeling ignored since I had an online meeting first thing this morning. Hes acting out a bit. :lol:

Thats so sad. 2020 sucks.

Im looking through old gardening picks and thinking "how did I ever do all that?" Next seasons gonna hit me like a ton of bricks! :lol:

No shit.  We just spent 3 hours putting the way station back in.  I got my ass kicked.  I'm so out of shape.  I'll send you a picture.  Not much to look out.  Those are some funky knots I made up to hold up the rope.  We'll see if they stay up.  Shhh, we doubled the size of that garden.  That should have been approved first.

Lily needed play time this morning too.  She's been a little wild lately.  Simone is more like it's been a long summer.  I'm just going to crash on the couch. :lol:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, cineater said:

No shit.  We just spent 3 hours putting the way station back in.  I got my ass kicked.  I'm so out of shape.  I'll send you a picture.  Not much to look out.  Those are some funky knots I made up to hold up the rope.  We'll see if they stay up.  Shhh, we doubled the size of that garden.  That should have been approved first.

Lily needed play time this morning too.  She's been a little wild lately.  Simone is more like it's been a long summer.  I'm just going to crash on the couch. :lol:

Im feeling just like Simone today :lol:

Sounds like youve been working hard! Looking good - Looking huge! haha! Do you figure anyone will notice?? Rebels :headbang: Nice job! I can picture it all colourful, layered and with movement next year!!

I think Ive hit the extent of my organizing my place. Because I very carefully removed all my guitar and recording gear off a shelf and rearranged it elsewhere. Then I took that shelf to... well, theres nowhere else for that shelf to go. So, I carefully put all my gear back on that shelf, right where it was when I started :lol:

1 hour ago, soon said:

Im feeling just like Simone today :lol:

Sounds like youve been working hard! Looking good - Looking huge! haha! Do you figure anyone will notice?? Rebels :headbang: Nice job! I can picture it all colourful, layered and with movement next year!!

I think Ive hit the extent of my organizing my place. Because I very carefully removed all my guitar and recording gear off a shelf and rearranged it elsewhere. Then I took that shelf to... well, theres nowhere else for that shelf to go. So, I carefully put all my gear back on that shelf, right where it was when I started :lol:

That's the trouble with getting organized.  At least you knew where it went when it was in his old spot.  I totally forgot when I organized under the bathroom sink I had put all this stuff in the closet.  Took me a couple of days to find what I was looking for.

Everybody is going to notice.  They are out there checking out the creek project.  Tomorrow we are going for the 70's.  People will be coming to winterize their beds.  And next week we have the load in from our supply place.  I think Marsha said we were getting 24 bales of promix.  I hope that was all she said.  And various other stuff we need for the plant sale.

My marigold seeds have a cute name, Big Duck.  I can't figure out what you call it when you are planning a design in a single bed.  When you google landscape design you get whole areas and plants as individual plantings.  Probably would help if I could put it in words what I'm doing. :lol:

3 hours ago, cineater said:

That's the trouble with getting organized.  At least you knew where it went when it was in his old spot.  I totally forgot when I organized under the bathroom sink I had put all this stuff in the closet.  Took me a couple of days to find what I was looking for.

Everybody is going to notice.  They are out there checking out the creek project.  Tomorrow we are going for the 70's.  People will be coming to winterize their beds.  And next week we have the load in from our supply place.  I think Marsha said we were getting 24 bales of promix.  I hope that was all she said.  And various other stuff we need for the plant sale.

My marigold seeds have a cute name, Big Duck.  I can't figure out what you call it when you are planning a design in a single bed.  When you google landscape design you get whole areas and plants as individual plantings.  Probably would help if I could put it in words what I'm doing. :lol:

Hahah, everyone will notice you doubled the size without permission! I love it :lol: You folks are busy still!

Quack-Quack! I dont know what thats called either. Im leaning a lot from what you are putting in words.

How many cookies left?

12 hours ago, soon said:

Hahah, everyone will notice you doubled the size without permission! I love it :lol: You folks are busy still!

Quack-Quack! I dont know what thats called either. Im leaning a lot from what you are putting in words.

How many cookies left?

The cookies are gone.  :lol:  I had a sinus headache that just would not going to go away last night.  We have an outdoor meeting today in high winds so I'm probably going to be in the same shape later today.  At least I have all the mud off my boots from yesterday.  Clay soil has away for becoming like concrete.  Need to dig that stuff off your boots.

33 minutes ago, cineater said:

The cookies are gone.  :lol:  I had a sinus headache that just would not going to go away last night.  We have an outdoor meeting today in high winds so I'm probably going to be in the same shape later today.  At least I have all the mud off my boots from yesterday.  Clay soil has away for becoming like concrete.  Need to dig that stuff off your boots.

Haha, snooze you lose Craig :lol: Sorry to hear about your headache - I hope it doesnt last all day or come back. Take a toothbrush to your boots like the sneaker collectors do!

I have a headache of my own - the power in half my apartment went out. But there's no blown fuse. I cant have people in to fix anything. Plus Ive been having a lot of issues with the office lately - like I will be motioning to have one staff fired for incompetence. (Would never do that if it werent a pandemic, but their mistakes are a health and safety issue. If it werent so high stakes, Id motion to get them paid supplemental training. But sorry, you gotta go. Maybe in severance package Ill still try and get them some training. Or a book at least "How To Not Be A Dummy, For Dummies").

So, its starting to look like this is how its gonna be until the pandemics over!! :angry:

So anyways... now I'm digging out extension cords because there's no power in my grow room!

And Im typing in pitch black in my office, having just hooked up computer to extension cord :facepalm:

Looks like if I shuffle around my entertainment stuff plugs and socket usage, I can steal that extension cord and just lose my record player and large guitar amp which I don't play anyways.

These cords will trip me and Ill die. Or Beaker will chew them through. Just when I thought US was on the cusp of becoming a 3rd world nation, I'll be the one without power in half my home for the foreseeable future! :lol:

Oh well, Id aimed to be nearly fully solar in 12 months (minus oven and chest freezer). So this just lets me know that my next purchases will happen sooner and will be a full home lighting system. First, a solar charged head lamp :lol:

2 hours ago, soon said:

Haha, snooze you lose Craig :lol: Sorry to hear about your headache - I hope it doesnt last all day or come back. Take a toothbrush to your boots like the sneaker collectors do!

I have a headache of my own - the power in half my apartment went out. But there's no blown fuse. I cant have people in to fix anything. Plus Ive been having a lot of issues with the office lately - like I will be motioning to have one staff fired for incompetence. (Would never do that if it werent a pandemic, but their mistakes are a health and safety issue. If it werent so high stakes, Id motion to get them paid supplemental training. But sorry, you gotta go. Maybe in severance package Ill still try and get them some training. Or a book at least "How To Not Be A Dummy, For Dummies").

So, its starting to look like this is how its gonna be until the pandemics over!! :angry:

So anyways... now I'm digging out extension cords because there's no power in my grow room!

And Im typing in pitch black in my office, having just hooked up computer to extension cord :facepalm:

Looks like if I shuffle around my entertainment stuff plugs and socket usage, I can steal that extension cord and just lose my record player and large guitar amp which I don't play anyways.

These cords will trip me and Ill die. Or Beaker will chew them through. Just when I thought US was on the cusp of becoming a 3rd world nation, I'll be the one without power in half my home for the foreseeable future! :lol:

Oh well, Id aimed to be nearly fully solar in 12 months (minus oven and chest freezer). So this just lets me know that my next purchases will happen sooner and will be a full home lighting system. First, a solar charged head lamp :lol:

Okay wait, what do you mean by fuse?  Did you check the fuse box?  Did you check the socket for a reset button?  This is a time to call the office and have people come in.  Extension cords and out loaded sockets are a fire risk, pandemic don't count.  If you're worried about covid while they are making repairs, turn off the heater and open the windows for air flow.

I have a boot brush.  One of my prize possessions.  Got it for 50 cents at a garage sale.  :lol:  I had to get out the screwdriver to pry that shit off.  Then a good brush down.

Was at steering committee.  That whole new rules for the garden coming has been dropped. :lol:  Yeah I knew it would once the council found out what Alex was trying to pull.  Nobody wants to rush in and start planting the creek project.  Agreed it would go through the leads to be approved by the higher ups and folks can quit making calls on their own and demanding something get done now.  And we are opening our own bank account separate from the Extension.  All of that sounds pretty simple but it took two hours!  Outside in the wind, the restrooms were locked and I was out of coffee.  Glad to be home.

The neighbor had a company come do his leaves.  Noticed they just piled them all up at the side of his driveway.  I'm pretty sure he was expecting them to take those away.  He may be at my door asking if I want those.  I might but I'm not doing anything with them until this wind dies down.

Okay wait, what do you mean by fuse?  Did you check the fuse box?  Did you check the socket for a reset button?  This is a time to call the office and have people come in.  Extension cords and out loaded sockets are a fire risk, pandemic don't count.  If you're worried about covid while they are making repairs, turn off the heater and open the windows for air flow.

I have a boot brush.  One of my prize possessions.  Got it for 50 cents at a garage sale.  :lol:  I had to get out the screwdriver to pry that shit off.  Then a good brush down.

Was at steering committee.  That whole new rules for the garden coming has been dropped. :lol:  Yeah I knew it would once the council found out what Alex was trying to pull.  Nobody wants to rush in and start planting the creek project.  Agreed it would go through the leads to be approved by the higher ups and folks can quit making calls on their own and demanding something get done now.  And we are opening our own bank account separate from the Extension.  All of that sounds pretty simple but it took two hours!  Outside in the wind, the restrooms were locked and I was out of coffee.  Glad to be home.

The neighbor had a company come do his leaves.  Noticed they just piled them all up at the side of his driveway.  I'm pretty sure he was expecting them to take those away.  He may be at my door asking if I want those.  I might but I'm not doing anything with them until this wind dies down.

Yeah, I checked the fuse box. Everything was still in the "on" position. Flicked em all back and forth and all too. Was consulting with a neighbour and was advised that I could just hire an electrician myself and later forward the receipt for reimbursement. But as it is the office is a major health risk. They are loosing everyone's confidence, not just mine. I dont immediately have the dough, but can work on something asap. If someone is just finishing up a apprenticeship they might be happy to at least to the inspection on promise of later payment? 2020 problems :lol:

My grow lights are back on!!!

You have a boot brush - I love it! You are the real deal, Cin. Now I want a boot brush! Have you ever got your boot so stuck in mud that you just slid your foot out and left the boot in the ground? I have lol

Fuck them new rules :headbang:2 hours to sort out common sense. Groups of people, man. smh :lol:. Glad you are back home with all the comforts.

Youre coveting your neighbours leaves :lol:

Ha the last of my pasta salad with my dill microgreens. Delicious. About ready to roast another bird. Browsing home deli meat slicers too :drool:

40 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, I checked the fuse box. Everything was still in the "on" position. Flicked em all back and forth and all too. Was consulting with a neighbour and was advised that I could just hire an electrician myself and later forward the receipt for reimbursement. But as it is the office is a major health risk. They are loosing everyone's confidence, not just mine. I dont immediately have the dough, but can work on something asap. If someone is just finishing up a apprenticeship they might be happy to at least to the inspection on promise of later payment? 2020 problems :lol:

My grow lights are back on!!!

You have a boot brush - I love it! You are the real deal, Cin. Now I want a boot brush! Have you ever got your boot so stuck in mud that you just slid your foot out and left the boot in the ground? I have lol

Fuck them new rules :headbang:2 hours to sort out common sense. Groups of people, man. smh :lol:. Glad you are back home with all the comforts.

Youre coveting your neighbours leaves :lol:

Ha the last of my pasta salad with my dill microgreens. Delicious. About ready to roast another bird. Browsing home deli meat slicers too :drool:

As long as the grow lights stay on.  :lol:

That is some tough mud.  No, these boots are securely on the feet.  Takes a minute to get out of them.  I do what's called a ladder lace on them.  There's no crossing in the middle of your foot.  A lot more comfy and you can get those things tight.

You look at the google search page lately?  All the sudden a small single leaf falls.  It takes a second for your brain to realize that is not a bug. :lol:  Freaks me out every time!

As long as the grow lights stay on.  :lol:

That is some tough mud.  No, these boots are securely on the feet.  Takes a minute to get out of them.  I do what's called a ladder lace on them.  There's no crossing in the middle of your foot.  A lot more comfy and you can get those things tight.

You look at the google search page lately?  All the sudden a small single leaf falls.  It takes a second for your brain to realize that is not a bug. :lol:  Freaks me out every time!

Yeah, you get me. Priorities :lol: Well, now its dark out by 4:30. Like, its pitch black in here. So not ideal timing for my black out! I'll have to use some of my emergency solar lights!

I'll have to look up a ladder lace. I really do need to up my gardener boot game.

I hadn't seen the Google. You'd think you'd get used to it! :lol:

4 hours ago, soon said:

Yeah, you get me. Priorities :lol: Well, now its dark out by 4:30. Like, its pitch black in here. So not ideal timing for my black out! I'll have to use some of my emergency solar lights!

I'll have to look up a ladder lace. I really do need to up my gardener boot game.

I hadn't seen the Google. You'd think you'd get used to it! :lol:

Google just started in and they will change it next week for Thanksgiving, I hope. :lol:

Now I did it.  I gave the cuttings diluted fertilizer water.  Just what I need is for them to grow.  I forgot I can send them to the greenhouse for care.  We may open it a month early, January.  If not February will be fine and I can still grow lots at home.

We are getting wood chips and leaf mulch for the garden tomorrow.  Gary decided he didn't want plants so we are giving him gas money for the truck to haul the stuff.  Since the stuff is free, I call that a deal.  The parks department is giving us wood chips for free.  I may organize a dig out of some of our paths.  We've been piling wood chips on them for years that have deteriorated to a nice growing medium.  We need to take them down to the ground cloth and put in all fresh stuff.  Problem is we aren't supposed to have money for the gardens this year and we'll have to replace the ground cloth.  I don't have that much in the shed.  

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Google just started in and they will change it next week for Thanksgiving, I hope. :lol:

Now I did it.  I gave the cuttings diluted fertilizer water.  Just what I need is for them to grow.  I forgot I can send them to the greenhouse for care.  We may open it a month early, January.  If not February will be fine and I can still grow lots at home.

We are getting wood chips and leaf mulch for the garden tomorrow.  Gary decided he didn't want plants so we are giving him gas money for the truck to haul the stuff.  Since the stuff is free, I call that a deal.  The parks department is giving us wood chips for free.  I may organize a dig out of some of our paths.  We've been piling wood chips on them for years that have deteriorated to a nice growing medium.  We need to take them down to the ground cloth and put in all fresh stuff.  Problem is we aren't supposed to have money for the gardens this year and we'll have to replace the ground cloth.  I don't have that much in the shed.  

I just hope that the google turkey wont scare you as much :lol:

Let me know how the cuttings respond to the diluted fertilizer water. I plan to do the same with my worm tea in the future.

Im so jealous that you will be back in the greenhouse in January!

Leaf mulch! Christmas has come early for you! Thats so cool that your path material eventually becomes a growing medium :headbang:

1 hour ago, soon said:

I just hope that the google turkey wont scare you as much :lol:

Let me know how the cuttings respond to the diluted fertilizer water. I plan to do the same with my worm tea in the future.

Im so jealous that you will be back in the greenhouse in January!

Leaf mulch! Christmas has come early for you! Thats so cool that your path material eventually becomes a growing medium :headbang:

No it's not, the paths are full of weeds and Kevin comes along and puts round up on them.  I'm not even sure I want that in the compost bin now.

Been busy this morning.  It's beautiful out there.  Rain comes into tonight and it rains all the way through Sunday.  Cleaned up my leaves.  Heading up to the garden to work on a bed and hopefully the truck comes in with the leave mulch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cineater said:

No it's not, the paths are full of weeds and Kevin comes along and puts round up on them.  I'm not even sure I want that in the compost bin now.

Been busy this morning.  It's beautiful out there.  Rain comes into tonight and it rains all the way through Sunday.  Cleaned up my leaves.  Heading up to the garden to work on a bed and hopefully the truck comes in with the leave mulch.

I gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

I hope you enjoy your gardening and that the leaf mulch arrives.

I had to move my main fan in grow room to reach the extension cord. So now its not as effective. And I had a mould issue when it was better positioned, to begin with :facepalm:

1 hour ago, soon said:

I gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

I hope you enjoy your gardening and that the leaf mulch arrives.

I had to move my main fan in grow room to reach the extension cord. So now its not as effective. And I had a mould issue when it was better positioned, to begin with :facepalm:

We're getting Bobby!  https://nugs.tv/free/?showID=441

We got the wood chips, 2 loads but the place we get the leaf mulch was closed today.  We'll get it some time soon.  I did get one of my beds ready for mulch.

Treat yourself for Christmas and get Hot Cocoa Hershey's Kisses!  OMG, so good. 

• GNFNR 1