Gardening

Gracii Guns

3 hours ago, cineater said:

Share a link to your story if you have one.  I love a good story.

I don't go down to see dad very often.  His army buddies think I'm hot. :lol:  I didn't get the news in time.  My niece announced she's pregnant at Thanksgiving dinner.  Karen and I kind of figured that out from what she was saying.  I was texting with my sister in Michigan at the time.  All her plans changed.  They got news they might have been exposed to covid so they were waiting for testing.

Hey a GNR thanksgiving.  I'm here for it!

Cool - I'll look up a link for you!

Were any of his army buddies there? What did they think of your frizzy new hairdo? :P Thats exciting about your niece.

Yeah, I cant wait to check out the new Selects :headbang:

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Her name is Penny.  It has to do with the color of her coat, shiny, copper penny color with deep brown eyes.

Penny! She sounds great.

I also have some microgreen pics for you. Black out all the way. I think weighted will be good too. Under lights now. Not too close, like you said.

55 minutes ago, soon said:

Cool - I'll look up a link for you!

Were any of his army buddies there? What did they think of your frizzy new hairdo? :P Thats exciting about your niece.

Yeah, I cant wait to check out the new Selects :headbang:

Penny! She sounds great.

I also have some microgreen pics for you. Black out all the way. I think weighted will be good too. Under lights now. Not too close, like you said.

I have the hair under control. :lol:  They're all dead.  Anything in skin probably looks good to them. :lol:  He's buried in a military place.

My niece really wants a kid and I know they have been trying.  Due in June.  The best month for a birthday, take it from me.

We need a dog.  She'll hang with you sometimes.

Guess I'll save putting up the Christmas Tree for tomorrow.  I did get my pie!  And a take home plate.  Haven't looked yet but I hope they sent me sweet potatoes.  I'm all about the potatoes.

11 hours ago, cineater said:

I have the hair under control. :lol:  They're all dead.  Anything in skin probably looks good to them. :lol:  He's buried in a military place.

My niece really wants a kid and I know they have been trying.  Due in June.  The best month for a birthday, take it from me.

We need a dog.  She'll hang with you sometimes.

Guess I'll save putting up the Christmas Tree for tomorrow.  I did get my pie!  And a take home plate.  Haven't looked yet but I hope they sent me sweet potatoes.  I'm all about the potatoes.

:lol:

A Marine in WW11. Mighty. Im grateful for his service. I like the snowman.

Im so happy for your niece. And the best month, eh!?

Id love for Penny to hang out with me. Just the other day I mused about if I could get a dog. I decided I couldnt. And then along came Penny.

A pie and a take home plate! Lucky duck! I love the sweet potatoes and stuffing best. And the squash.

Microgreens looking good!! Sent you pics

5 hours ago, soon said:

:lol:

A Marine in WW11. Mighty. Im grateful for his service. I like the snowman.

Im so happy for your niece. And the best month, eh!?

Id love for Penny to hang out with me. Just the other day I mused about if I could get a dog. I decided I couldnt. And then along came Penny.

A pie and a take home plate! Lucky duck! I love the sweet potatoes and stuffing best. And the squash.

Microgreens looking good!! Sent you pics

No sweet potatoes in my take home plate, darn.  I'll have to make some of those.

The microgreens are looking good.  You may have this down.

I miss my dog but I can't really get another either.  We'll just play with Penny.  I'm sure she's a lot better trained. :lol:  She's actually a real dog named Lily.  Lives with my friend DJ.  She's very old and sick but she's hanging in there.  A real sweetheart.  I'll get a picture of her the next time I'm over there.

My tooth finally came out!  How weird.  Good thing we are all wearing masks. :lol:

Edited by cineater
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, cineater said:

No sweet potatoes in my take home plate, darn.  I'll have to make some of those.

The microgreens are looking good.  You may have this down.

I miss my dog but I can't really get another either.  We'll just play with Penny.  I'm sure she's a lot better trained. :lol:  She's actually a real dog named Lily.  Lives with my friend DJ.  She's very old and sick but she's hanging in there.  A real sweetheart.  I'll get a picture of her the next time I'm over there.

My tooth finally came out!  How weird.  Good thing we are all wearing masks. :lol:

Cin!!! Are you okay?? I hope it didn't hurt? Did it get stuck in a bite of mincemeat pie? :lol: Well, at least that will sve you some time in the dentists chair.

Do y'all do the marshmallow on top of sweet potatoes thing down there? (we dont here, but Ive seen it in some southern cooking)

One corner of the microgreens are getting floppy :facepalm: BUt yeah, I think Im getting the hang of it. I might just cut these down today if the floppiness spreads. And will consult the trouble shooting link you gave me!

Oh - Id love a picture of real life "Penny!" We'll have to take real good care of her.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Cin!!! Are you okay?? I hope it didn't hurt? Did it get stuck in a bite of mincemeat pie? :lol: Well, at least that will sve you some time in the dentists chair.

Do y'all do the marshmallow on top of sweet potatoes thing down there? (we dont here, but Ive seen it in some southern cooking)

One corner of the microgreens are getting floppy :facepalm: BUt yeah, I think Im getting the hang of it. I might just cut these down today if the floppiness spreads. And will consult the trouble shooting link you gave me!

Oh - Id love a picture of real life "Penny!" We'll have to take real good care of her.

Of course we do the marshmallows on top.  The little ones.  You guys are doing it wrong. :lol:

Came out while I was brushing my teeth.  Didn't really feel it but the rest of the teeth are feeling the loss.  Little tooth sensitivity going on but that will calm down.  Won't have to pay for that one and it was getting pretty annoying.

I'm putting up my tree.  The kids brought a new frig.  I placed a cyber order.  Think I'm just about done shopping.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, cineater said:

Of course we do the marshmallows on top.  The little ones.  You guys are doing it wrong. :lol:

Came out while I was brushing my teeth.  Didn't really feel it but the rest of the teeth are feeling the loss.  Little tooth sensitivity going on but that will calm down.  Won't have to pay for that one and it was getting pretty annoying.

I'm putting up my tree.  The kids brought a new frig.  I placed a cyber order.  Think I'm just about done shopping.

Haha, well Id like to try that dish sometime. It doesnt make sense to my palate, but Ive been surprised by other combos that didnt make sense to me. Its a neat idea!

Im glad it wasnt any worse than some sensitivity. What are you gonna do with all that money youll save now? :lol:

Oh thats fun to put up the tree! You mentioned you were going to and it reminded me to put out my nativity - but I forgot. And I bet Ill forget once again :lol:

New fridge is fun. I picture a freezer on the bottom one? Im about to modify the freezer on my fridge to also just be a fridge - for accessibility. Well.... either modify it, break it, or electrocute myself :lol:

I have to catch up to you with shopping!

Im looking for a link to Vinyl Cafe for you

1 hour ago, soon said:

Haha, well Id like to try that dish sometime. It doesnt make sense to my palate, but Ive been surprised by other combos that didnt make sense to me. Its a neat idea!

Im glad it wasnt any worse than some sensitivity. What are you gonna do with all that money youll save now? :lol:

Oh thats fun to put up the tree! You mentioned you were going to and it reminded me to put out my nativity - but I forgot. And I bet Ill forget once again :lol:

New fridge is fun. I picture a freezer on the bottom one? Im about to modify the freezer on my fridge to also just be a fridge - for accessibility. Well.... either modify it, break it, or electrocute myself :lol:

I have to catch up to you with shopping!

Im looking for a link to Vinyl Cafe for you

I didn't ask what type of frig.  I know my daughter is going to be picking up some extra shifts to pay for it. :lol:

Fucking mailperson.  Waited all day because I had a package hanging on the mailbox to return.  No show today.  Happens whenever our regular mailman is on vacation.  I'll have to run up to the post office tomorrow.

Love the Christmas tree.  I have 450 lights on it.  No ornaments yet but I'll get there.  I'm not planning on having anyone over for the holidays so I'm not putting up all my decorations.  Or so I say. :lol:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, cineater said:

I didn't ask what type of frig.  I know my daughter is going to be picking up some extra shifts to pay for it. :lol:

Fucking mailperson.  Waited all day because I had a package hanging on the mailbox to return.  No show today.  Happens whenever our regular mailman is on vacation.  I'll have to run up to the post office tomorrow.

Love the Christmas tree.  I have 450 lights on it.  No ornaments yet but I'll get there.  I'm not planning on having anyone over for the holidays so I'm not putting up all my decorations.  Or so I say. :lol:

My mailman usually leaves my packages in the entranceway to the neighboring building. How is he still employed?? That’s kind of you to take care of that package.

450 on one tree?!?!? Sounds awesome!! And yeah, you’ll put all the decorations up! :lol:

That reminds me ... nativity :lol:

A relative asked me for a wish list, so I gave them access to a few on various platforms. Then they asked me again. When I pointed that out they said “if I get you something off the list, it won’t be a surprise.”

1) then why have you now asked twice

2) did you see “surprise” anywhere on my wish list

3) because I’m not a child and don’t care about surprises

4) so anything I tell you I want, you refuse to get me?

How about you don’t get me anything!! You’ve already just now given me the gift of feeling obligated to monitor your mental health this year. Let’s call it even?

:facepalm::lol:

• Haha 1

It's better to get what you want then surprised with what you don't want.  Tell them that.

Speaking of surprises, she may not be so thrilled. :lol:  My daughter is getting a toilet.  She wanted all this new stuff for her bathroom for Christmas and since we're on that theme, they need a new one.  Caleb and I are going to split it.  It will be her "big" gift.  And speaking of the big gift, Caleb is using his saw today to help his brother build a room in the basement.  He said he would put it back in the box. :facepalm:  Don't have to do that, just enjoy your gift.

Was at the garden all morning putting wood chips on the paths.  Sent you a picture.  Not sure how many wheelbarrows I did but I got a workout.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

It's better to get what you want then surprised with what you don't want.  Tell them that.

Speaking of surprises, she may not be so thrilled. :lol:  My daughter is getting a toilet.  She wanted all this new stuff for her bathroom for Christmas and since we're on that theme, they need a new one.  Caleb and I are going to split it.  It will be her "big" gift.  And speaking of the big gift, Caleb is using his saw today to help his brother build a room in the basement.  He said he would put it back in the box. :facepalm:  Don't have to do that, just enjoy your gift.

Was at the garden all morning putting wood chips on the paths.  Sent you a picture.  Not sure how many wheelbarrows I did but I got a workout.

Also, how would it not be a surprise if you got 1 out of 20 things on my lists? How would I know until I'd opened it? So I think we've stepped passed reason and now I'm concerned for them. Fuck this year.

A new toilet!! :rofl-lol: I find that too funny!!! :lol: Your new throne, m'lady :lol: You should give her a tiera with it!

Thats so funny about Caleb and his saw! lol

Look at all those wood chips! Its a pretty scene. And why do I have to live in a snowy tundra?

I cut my micros early because the floppiness was spreading. Still got about 1.5 cups. It smells amazing!! Making pizza dough, but having a super lazy day over all.

18 minutes ago, soon said:

Also, how would it not be a surprise if you got 1 out of 20 things on my lists? How would I know until I'd opened it? So I think we've stepped passed reason and now I'm concerned for them. Fuck this year.

A new toilet!! :rofl-lol: I find that too funny!!! :lol: Your new throne, m'lady :lol: You should give her a tiera with it!

Thats so funny about Caleb and his saw! lol

Look at all those wood chips! Its a pretty scene. And why do I have to live in a snowy tundra?

I cut my micros early because the floppiness was spreading. Still got about 1.5 cups. It smells amazing!! Making pizza dough, but having a super lazy day over all.

That was only bin one.  Bin 3 is also full.  Wood chips are surprisingly light.   Cold today but I had to take off my sweatshirt out there in the sun.  Kevin was there blowing out the hose lines and putting up the hoses.  Row covers were put on the perennials we try to get up early in the spring.  We just need some leaf mulch.

Man they just keep building on the road to the garden.  It use to be open fields and woods out there.  Might help to bring more people to the gardens but I miss the openness and solitude.

I was wondering if I still had that tiera.  I picked up one for the bachelorette party but I think I gave it to the girls already.  You can always exchange what they get you.  Are you getting them something?  I'm thinking a lovely fruit cake. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

That was only bin one.  Bin 3 is also full.  Wood chips are surprisingly light.   Cold today but I had to take off my sweatshirt out there in the sun.  Kevin was there blowing out the hose lines and putting up the hoses.  Row covers were put on the perennials we try to get up early in the spring.  We just need some leaf mulch.

Man they just keep building on the road to the garden.  It use to be open fields and woods out there.  Might help to bring more people to the gardens but I miss the openness and solitude.

I was wondering if I still had that tiera.  I picked up one for the bachelorette party but I think I gave it to the girls already.  You can always exchange what they get you.  Are you getting them something?  I'm thinking a lovely fruit cake. :lol:

Never enough leaf mulch.  Im jealous of you - I didnt even want to go out in the snow today.

I hate that feeling when civilization encroaches like those new roads.

Yeah, or I'll have to get them something they dont want, too :lol:

My micro greens taste so good on my turkey sandwich! Last ones didnt have much flavour so this is great.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Never enough leaf mulch.  Im jealous of you - I didnt even want to go out in the snow today.

I hate that feeling when civilization encroaches like those new roads.

Yeah, or I'll have to get them something they dont want, too :lol:

My micro greens taste so good on my turkey sandwich! Last ones didnt have much flavour so this is great.

They have got to be kidding.  Went to get my niece a Grateful Dead bear for her new baby.  They want close to $35 to $50 for the small size.  The 7 inch.  That's the price of the 12 inch.  I can't imagine how much the ones I got for my brother when his kids were born are.  I think I paid $25 for them then.  Maybe I'll get her some onesies.  Hopefully she kept her bear.  I have bears but they are going to Karen's kids.

Grateful-Dead-13-Blue-Jointed-Posable-St

Edited by cineater

:lol: I am so going to get Craig.  I have this musical doll that sings Santa Baby.  Sometime during the song she drops her shirt and flashes you.  I generally set it up in the bathroom.  She's motion activated.  I guess I better bug him to get over here and finish my AC. :lol:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, cineater said:

They have got to be kidding.  Went to get my niece a Grateful Dead bear for her new baby.  They want close to $35 to $50 for the small size.  The 7 inch.  That's the price of the 12 inch.  I can't imagine how much the ones I got for my brother when his kids were born are.  I think I paid $25 for them then.  Maybe I'll get her some onesies.  Hopefully she kept her bear.  I have bears but they are going to Karen's kids.

Grateful-Dead-13-Blue-Jointed-Posable-St

I love how you know the cost of various sizes of dancing bears from over the decades! You are a true dead head. Karens kids are getting a vintage dancing bear! :headbang:

11 hours ago, cineater said:

:lol: I am so going to get Craig.  I have this musical doll that sings Santa Baby.  Sometime during the song she drops her shirt and flashes you.  I generally set it up in the bathroom.  She's motion activated.  I guess I better bug him to get over here and finish my AC. :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it! Youre such a rascal! :lol:

Those pics are great! Youre all american tree with real murican bands. Looking great! And Simone agrees! What a little cutie. I think Beaker is the size of two of her!

Pizza for breakfast :headbang:With microgreens and hot sauce :headbang:

1 hour ago, soon said:

I love how you know the cost of various sizes of dancing bears from over the decades! You are a true dead head. Karens kids are getting a vintage dancing bear! :headbang:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it! Youre such a rascal! :lol:

Those pics are great! Youre all american tree with real murican bands. Looking great! And Simone agrees! What a little cutie. I think Beaker is the size of two of her!

Pizza for breakfast :headbang:With microgreens and hot sauce :headbang:

Caleb had a good time with his saw yesterday.  He framed out a whole room in his brother's new house yesterday all by himself.  I'm right on schedule with Christmas.  All my decorations are up and today I'll do my Christmas cards.  All the Thanksgiving leftovers including my pie are gone too.

On my way up to the garden to decorate a tree there.  It's just a red ribbon but it goes on the bush in front of where Jan parks and should perk up her day.

Santa Dead bear picture coming your way.  Yes, I have one of those sitting here with me at the computer.  And yes, that is Mr Dizzy Reed peeking over his shoulder.

45 minutes ago, cineater said:

Caleb had a good time with his saw yesterday.  He framed out a whole room in his brother's new house yesterday all by himself.  I'm right on schedule with Christmas.  All my decorations are up and today I'll do my Christmas cards.  All the Thanksgiving leftovers including my pie are gone too.

On my way up to the garden to decorate a tree there.  It's just a red ribbon but it goes on the bush in front of where Jan parks and should perk up her day.

Santa Dead bear picture coming your way.  Yes, I have one of those sitting here with me at the computer.  And yes, that is Mr Dizzy Reed peeking over his shoulder.

Youre in the Christmas spirit I see! :headbang:Cool to see Caleb enjoy his gift so much, eh?

What is Dizzy doing in that pic! Whats the story? Whys it there??

Pizza has me on couch-lock :drool:

11 hours ago, soon said:

Youre in the Christmas spirit I see! :headbang:Cool to see Caleb enjoy his gift so much, eh?

What is Dizzy doing in that pic! Whats the story? Whys it there??

Pizza has me on couch-lock :drool:

I didn't like the red ribbon on the tree.  It just didn't look right there all by itself.  And my Christmas tree needs more ornaments.  And the bank no longer carries stamps.  I'm going to need to put in a little more effort for my Christmas spirit.  Right now I'm feeling that couch thing with you.  Maybe some Christmas movies?

That's a picture on my desk of a friend and Dizzy.  Taken many years ago, backstage in Chicago.  He was thrilled.  Smiled the whole way back to Denmark.  

Christmas cards are done!  And I'm 8 stamps short.

Edited by cineater

19 hours ago, cineater said:

I didn't like the red ribbon on the tree.  It just didn't look right there all by itself.  And my Christmas tree needs more ornaments.  And the bank no longer carries stamps.  I'm going to need to put in a little more effort for my Christmas spirit.  Right now I'm feeling that couch thing with you.  Maybe some Christmas movies?

That's a picture on my desk of a friend and Dizzy.  Taken many years ago, backstage in Chicago.  He was thrilled.  Smiled the whole way back to Denmark.  

Christmas cards are done!  And I'm 8 stamps short.

That is some meticulous tree decorating! I didnt know that banks ever did sell stamps. Did you end up watching any Christmas movies?

Too cool about Dizzy!

Can you get stamps from the post office?

Ar you receiving my emails? Ive sent a few and just got a notice that at least one hadnt been delivered. Sent yesterday and the day before? One about a gift I received and another with a link to a story?

I think I transplant some cutting today!

40 minutes ago, soon said:

That is some meticulous tree decorating! I didnt know that banks ever did sell stamps. Did you end up watching any Christmas movies?

Too cool about Dizzy!

Can you get stamps from the post office?

Ar you receiving my emails? Ive sent a few and just got a notice that at least one hadnt been delivered. Sent yesterday and the day before? One about a gift I received and another with a link to a story?

I think I transplant some cutting today!

I got the story link, saving that for later.  And one about Simone.

I guess I'm going to the post office for the stamps.  Walgreens was out of them too.  The TV was on, lol.  It's rare I actually sit and watch something.

There's a class on Beneficial Insects Wednesday.  https://moprairie.org/event/grow-native-webinar-gardening-for-beneficial-insects-with-ed-spevak/

• Thanks 1

Just now, cineater said:

I got the story link, saving that for later.  And one about Simone.

I guess I'm going to the post office for the stamps.  Walgreens was out of them too.  The TV was on, lol.  It's rare I actually sit and watch something.

There's a class on Beneficial Insects Wednesday.  https://moprairie.org/event/grow-native-webinar-gardening-for-beneficial-insects-with-ed-spevak/

That class sounds fun! Thanks! Are you attending it?

So you didnt get one of my emails at least then. I wrote you about a gift Id received and how surprising and heartwarming it was. Thats the one I got a notice that you didnt get it. Some gifts from my new friend. Plus it came with an xl pizza! :headbang:

I keep wanting to watch more christmas stuff.... but also dont feel like experiencing joy or nostalgia :lol:

1 hour ago, soon said:

That class sounds fun! Thanks! Are you attending it?

So you didnt get one of my emails at least then. I wrote you about a gift Id received and how surprising and heartwarming it was. Thats the one I got a notice that you didnt get it. Some gifts from my new friend. Plus it came with an xl pizza! :headbang:

I keep wanting to watch more christmas stuff.... but also dont feel like experiencing joy or nostalgia :lol:

Are you opening your gifts early?! :lol:  Stop that.

FedX was just here.  I have a week of packages coming in.  I ordered the vast majority of Christmas online.  This is fun!  I need to clean the house so I can get out all the wrapping stuff.  I was going to wait until it all came in and do  it at one time but my bedroom is full of boxes already.

Yeah I'm taking the class too.  I'm also taking https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/0T21j7i2JEy0COdn9hpNDQ  Happy Healthy Habits, using natives in your landscape.  I might do the Master Class on invasive management.  You can check out the classes here. https://moprairie.org/events/

48 minutes ago, cineater said:

Are you opening your gifts early?! :lol:  Stop that.

FedX was just here.  I have a week of packages coming in.  I ordered the vast majority of Christmas online.  This is fun!  I need to clean the house so I can get out all the wrapping stuff.  I was going to wait until it all came in and do  it at one time but my bedroom is full of boxes already.

Yeah I'm taking the class too.  I'm also taking https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/0T21j7i2JEy0COdn9hpNDQ  Happy Healthy Habits, using natives in your landscape.  I might do the Master Class on invasive management.  You can check out the classes here. https://moprairie.org/events/

It was delivered unwrapped! :lol:

You better get some wrapping done. Does Simone let you put them all under the tree or is that her domain?

These all sound cool - thanks!

How is our train ride going?