Gardening

Gracii Guns

40 minutes ago, soon said:

It was delivered unwrapped! :lol:

You better get some wrapping done. Does Simone let you put them all under the tree or is that her domain?

These all sound cool - thanks!

How is our train ride going?

I'm going to have to leave her a spot under the tree.  She's taken up sleeping there under the lights at night and because I wish I could do that, she gets her spot.

Got up to the post office and the line was out to the street to park.  So I ran up to the grocery store where they had Christmas stamps.  Ran back to the post office to stick my cards in the box and all 3 of them were full. :lol:  I got them in but I had to open the door and push the mail down.  I'm achieving my goals but it ain't coming easy.

The dog got her bath and her name.  You got your new work gloves I brought you in town.  We've decided we are going to ride in the boxcar with the wagon instead of the passenger car.  We'll be stuck there once the train pulls out because there are no doors connecting the boxcars.  I have to slow down.  I had the whole come back from town in my head but by the time I went to write it I condensed it to a short section.  Needed to catch up but now I'm waiting for what comes next.  Might go back and add more details to that section.

• Like 1

Whoa, our wagon is in the same boxcar as the lead wagon.  That's Axl's wagon.  Don't know if I've told you about the wagons.  They're those old circus wagons.  We stay in Eldron's wagon.  His is a living quarters wagon.  It's red with a chinese dragon face painted on it.  Whole story around how that happen.  But Axl's wagon is more ornate.  I haven't taken a good look at it before but it's got a mini band stand on top of it for when we do parades.  It's new since I last popped in.  We're going to check that out!  It's going to have to have Vegas show girls on the corners.

Edited by cineater
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm going to have to leave her a spot under the tree.  She's taken up sleeping there under the lights at night and because I wish I could do that, she gets her spot.

Got up to the post office and the line was out to the street to park.  So I ran up to the grocery store where they had Christmas stamps.  Ran back to the post office to stick my cards in the box and all 3 of them were full. :lol:  I got them in but I had to open the door and push the mail down.  I'm achieving my goals but it ain't coming easy.

The dog got her bath and her name.  You got your new work gloves I brought you in town.  We've decided we are going to ride in the boxcar with the wagon instead of the passenger car.  We'll be stuck there once the train pulls out because there are no doors connecting the boxcars.  I have to slow down.  I had the whole come back from town in my head but by the time I went to write it I condensed it to a short section.  Needed to catch up but now I'm waiting for what comes next.  Might go back and add more details to that section.

Sweet, sweet, Simone.

Ive never seen a full post box! Bonkers! Christmas 2020 aint gonna be any easier than the rest of the year! :lol:

Thanks for my new gloves! I like our boxcar. This part of the story sounds especially intriguing. As do the Vegas show girls! lol

1 hour ago, cineater said:

That was Amazon for the day.  This throwing burrito game looks hysterical.  It's a dodgeball game with "huge, inflatable burritos".

Penny's story may have to develop.  There's a lot more to this dog and what I'm saying with her.

The Flying Burritos Brothers played with the Dead on that Canadian train tour.

"Huge, inflatable burritos" sounds like the drive-through version of a Magic Wand... :lol:

I want to know Penny better.

Im really getting somewhere with a few songs Im working on today. Sounds like your story is really happening too. I love it! :headbang:

4 hours ago, soon said:

Sweet, sweet, Simone.

Ive never seen a full post box! Bonkers! Christmas 2020 aint gonna be any easier than the rest of the year! :lol:

Thanks for my new gloves! I like our boxcar. This part of the story sounds especially intriguing. As do the Vegas show girls! lol

The Flying Burritos Brothers played with the Dead on that Canadian train tour.

"Huge, inflatable burritos" sounds like the drive-through version of a Magic Wand... :lol:

I want to know Penny better.

Im really getting somewhere with a few songs Im working on today. Sounds like your story is really happening too. I love it! :headbang:

Have not heard that name in a long time and at the moment I can't remember a single Flying Burrito Brothers song.  I'm sure I know a few, word for word, but a lot of those bands from that time blur together for me. :lol:  Maybe that's why I was attracted to the game.

Little boy came up for his dinner.  I had to get him a wider bowl for his face.  His head kept getting stuck in the other one.

Any words to those songs?

Hey out of the numerous garden leads only 4 of them forgot to send me their next year's budget.  That's pretty good.

Edited by cineater

15 hours ago, cineater said:

Have not heard that name in a long time and at the moment I can't remember a single Flying Burrito Brothers song.  I'm sure I know a few, word for word, but a lot of those bands from that time blur together for me. :lol:  Maybe that's why I was attracted to the game.

Little boy came up for his dinner.  I had to get him a wider bowl for his face.  His head kept getting stuck in the other one.

Any words to those songs?

Hey out of the numerous garden leads only 4 of them forgot to send me their next year's budget.  That's pretty good.

I dont know any of their songs either. But you should! :lol:

Aww, Little Boy! He outgrew his bowl? You take good care of him.

Bits and pieces of words... nothing worth sharing though :)

You are a glass half full type of person - measuring in how few people failed. I like it.

Im about to make a McMuffin. Should arugula micros go on a Mc Muffin?

1 hour ago, soon said:

I dont know any of their songs either. But you should! :lol:

Aww, Little Boy! He outgrew his bowl? You take good care of him.

Bits and pieces of words... nothing worth sharing though :)

You are a glass half full type of person - measuring in how few people failed. I like it.

Im about to make a McMuffin. Should arugula micros go on a Mc Muffin?

Yes they should.  What's a McMuffin? :lol:

Marsha is coming over today to help me with the lead's budgets and agenda.  Kevin is one I had to call and ask where his budget was. :lol:

I've never got that glass half full thing.  Either drink it or fill it up if it bothers you it's only half full.  Give it to me I'll probably water a plant and put it in the dishwasher.  I'm not going to stare at it for some kind of meaning. :lol:  Some drunk came up with that.

• Haha 1

Yes they should.  What's a McMuffin? :lol:

Marsha is coming over today to help me with the lead's budgets and agenda.  Kevin is one I had to call and ask where his budget was. :lol:

I've never got that glass half full thing.  Either drink it or fill it up if it bothers you it's only half full.  Give it to me I'll probably water a plant and put it in the dishwasher.  I'm not going to stare at it for some kind of meaning. :lol:  Some drunk came up with that.

I’m never left wondering where you stand on something, Cin :lol:. I’m sure it was a drunk who came up with that expression! Lol

Hi to Marsha, and merry Christmas to you both!! Hope it goes smoothly. Haha Kevin!! I should have known :lol:

Oh, c’mon - you know what a McMuffin is!! :lol: like an egg McMuffin! I have a gadget :lol:

I’m doing some budgeting too. I think I can maybe get my enail dab rig this month!

44 minutes ago, soon said:

I’m never left wondering where you stand on something, Cin :lol:. I’m sure it was a drunk who came up with that expression! Lol

Hi to Marsha, and merry Christmas to you both!! Hope it goes smoothly. Haha Kevin!! I should have known :lol:

Oh, c’mon - you know what a McMuffin is!! :lol: like an egg McMuffin! I have a gadget :lol:

I’m doing some budgeting too. I think I can maybe get my enail dab rig this month!

Working, single parent, at some point you just can't do McDonalds ever again.  It's probably been 10-15 years since I have been to McDonalds. :lol:  I might just freak if I saw a McNugget.

I'm actually happy with the garden budget.  Low end 3700 and high end 5800.  We're usually around 7500.  We've got the money and will make back at least half of that with a down sized plant sale next year.

FedX has already been here.  Waiting on Amazon and Marsha.  I had trouble making the bed this morning with all the christmas boxes in there. :lol:

Working, single parent, at some point you just can't do McDonalds ever again.  It's probably been 10-15 years since I have been to McDonalds. :lol:  I might just freak if I saw a McNugget.

I'm actually happy with the garden budget.  Low end 3700 and high end 5800.  We're usually around 7500.  We've got the money and will make back at least half of that with a down sized plant sale next year.

FedX has already been here.  Waiting on Amazon and Marsha.  I had trouble making the bed this morning with all the christmas boxes in there. :lol:

I hadn’t been to McDonald’s in forever either, until I went for a Big Mac last summer. Meh, I make a much better burger.

Sounds great about the budget!!

Those boxes aren’t gonna disappear just because they are wrapped! :lol:

The amazon guy sneaked in here.  Can't decide if that's creepy or elf like. :lol:  That's the end of my amazon orders.  That feels weird.

creepy!!!!!!!!

You’re all set now

Strangest thing - my nettles been doing great and was clearly enjoying its watering schedule. It gets sprayed at least once a day in the morning. 

But this morning it was all dried and shriveled up. And he hasn’t bounced back yet after a watering.

This must be why I woke up at 5am - I could feel him calling for help! Lol

3 hours ago, soon said:

Strangest thing - my nettles been doing great and was clearly enjoying its watering schedule. It gets sprayed at least once a day in the morning. 

But this morning it was all dried and shriveled up. And he hasn’t bounced back yet after a watering.

This must be why I woke up at 5am - I could feel him calling for help! Lol

Oh poor guy.  I've noticed my plants are drying out quickly too.

I missed the recycling class last night because I was hung up in an education committee meeting.  We have bug class this afternoon.

My mom misses me.  She called last night wondering when she was going to see me.

I loved Morley's garden story!

Edited by cineater

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Oh poor guy.  I've noticed my plants are drying out quickly too.

I missed the recycling class last night because I was hung up in an education committee meeting.  We have bug class this afternoon.

My mom misses me.  She called last night wondering when she was going to see me.

I loved Morley's garden story!

Oh Im so happy you enjoyed Morley's Garden!

Aww, I feel for your Mom. Did she get out much before the pandemic? Or maybe its just this time of year people are more used to company?

I forgot all about yesterdays class! Things have not been going smoothly irl :lol: Bug class!!

Nettle still not recovering :(  

1 hour ago, soon said:

Oh Im so happy you enjoyed Morley's Garden!

Aww, I feel for your Mom. Did she get out much before the pandemic? Or maybe its just this time of year people are more used to company?

I forgot all about yesterdays class! Things have not been going smoothly irl :lol: Bug class!!

Nettle still not recovering :(  

Maybe give it some real sunshine.  Although since it happen pretty quick, is there any damage to the stem?

She's worried with the dental stuff coming up next week.  And it's been a while since I've seen her.  She just saw the whole family but, don't tell my siblings, I'm her favorite, lol.  At least the one who doesn't have any problems.

I know, I'm turning into a space case too.  Or rather shutting the rest of the world out and doing my own thing.  But it's come calling.  The garden has demands and the grandson's birthday is coming up.  Did I tell you about the party we have planned?

Nice day here even if it is cold.  Been to the grocery.  I was out of cheese and bread.  I crave bread for some reason this time of year.  It replaces ice cream. :lol:  No delivery trucks today.  I have a few things still making their way to me.  I just need to go to the spice store and I think I will have all my Christmas shopping done.

Yep beneficial bugs today.  You think spiders will make the list?

33 minutes ago, cineater said:

Maybe give it some real sunshine.  Although since it happen pretty quick, is there any damage to the stem?

She's worried with the dental stuff coming up next week.  And it's been a while since I've seen her.  She just saw the whole family but, don't tell my siblings, I'm her favorite, lol.  At least the one who doesn't have any problems.

I know, I'm turning into a space case too.  Or rather shutting the rest of the world out and doing my own thing.  But it's come calling.  The garden has demands and the grandson's birthday is coming up.  Did I tell you about the party we have planned?

Nice day here even if it is cold.  Been to the grocery.  I was out of cheese and bread.  I crave bread for some reason this time of year.  It replaces ice cream. :lol:  No delivery trucks today.  I have a few things still making their way to me.  I just need to go to the spice store and I think I will have all my Christmas shopping done.

Yep beneficial bugs today.  You think spiders will make the list?

He bounced back! I think it may be the roots. Because I sprayed the bottom holes most recently. Ill repot once hes had some recovery time?

I can imagine you being the favorite :)

Its hardcore winter here... time to cocoon for me. No you didnt tell me about the birthday plans! Whats up?

Oh is it cold there in the South? Aww, poor you :P One cannot be with out bread and cheese! I crave bread this time of year too. I even splurged and bought some english muffins instead of making them. Also someone gifted me like three chunks of Parmesean, lol. Which is lovely. It just means that on a given day I have to pick between CBD oil or Parmesan :lol: I want to go to the spice store so bad :drool: Not sure if Ive mentioned this, but the word on the street is that the staff at our spice store or under the control of a sadistic cult. And it sure seems like somethings up with them, something not good. But you mentioning spice reminds me to get the nutmeg out. I find it festive.

Im registered. Used my Missouri address again :lol: Those wolf spiders made the last list! :nervous:

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

I thought he said 421 in the St Louis area.  I like him too.  How often do you get somebody from the zoo giving a talk over zoom?

Ah - 400 makes more sense! Still a huge amount for a single city!!

we were spoiled. I took notes. Already forget how to pronounce the word for the tube pollinators slide into the flowers though!

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Ah - 400 makes more sense! Still a huge amount for a single city!!

we were spoiled. I took notes. Already forget how to pronounce the word for the tube pollinators slide into the flowers though!

Yeah I didn't write that down.  I feel bad I cut all that shit down in the cottage garden.

What is with cats and videos?  You see cats all the time but dogs never try to get on screen.

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Yeah I didn't write that down.  I feel bad I cut all that shit down in the cottage garden.

What is with cats and videos?  You see cats all the time but dogs never try to get on screen.

Cats are always ready for their closeup... except if you want to take it :lol:. Just this morning I opened a DVD season-set of West Wing and in less then a second Beaker appeared and laid on it - and then fell on the floor when it slid from under him :lol:

I guess all us practitioners are always learning. And also, I wonder how much of the wisdom and knowledge that we hold has yet to be digested by academia? 

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Cats are always ready for their closeup... except if you want to take it :lol:. Just this morning I opened a DVD season-set of West Wing and in less then a second Beaker appeared and laid on it - and then fell on the floor when it slid from under him :lol:

I guess all us practitioners are always learning. And also, I wonder how much of the wisdom and knowledge that we hold has yet to be digested by academia? 

Those parasitic bugs freak me out. :lol:  Some of those bugs are so plant specific I don't know how they survive.  

Academia has a lot to learn about the circle of life.  They always seemed surprised that if they do something here, it changed something over there.  Those slugs all over the combine! :nervous:

30 minutes ago, cineater said:

Those parasitic bugs freak me out. :lol:  Some of those bugs are so plant specific I don't know how they survive.  

Academia has a lot to learn about the circle of life.  They always seemed surprised that if they do something here, it changed something over there.  Those slugs all over the combine! :nervous:

I know, right! :lol: It’s like “if you air your balls on a Tuesday evening in May, there is a parasite that requires those very conditions! Lol 

Well said about academia, sister! 

Slugs on anything! :wow:

A layer of micro greens sure makes rice and beans look pretty 

• Haha 1

Mike's freaking out. :lol:  When he moved in we told him about the neighborhood ghosts.  Didn't take him long to become a believer.  They've been a little active over at his place.  He reported a shadow visited him while he was in the garage and his dad said there was knocking at his bedroom door.  But last night, Mike's 60th birthday, he hear a chime outside his front door.  Just once so he wrote it off but when he turned off everything in the house it started in the corner of the living room, other side of the house.  He would tell it to stop and it would while he was talking but then start up again.  He finally yelled at it to go away, it was scaring him and it stopped.  He thought he heard it one more time outside of his bedroom window.

He called me all freaked out wanting to know if I heard the chimes.  No but told him it was probably his mom wishing him happy birthday.  She visited him once before.  You know, I didn't want to freak him out but yeah I've noticed sometimes lately the hall seems to have a dark spot.

• Wow 1