Gardening

Gracii Guns

1 hour ago, soon said:

Im so dumb - reading back Im not sure why I thought you drove yourself! Sorry! lol And yeah, thats great to have Karen there to get in on the medical talk. When will you get it adjusted? Hows it suiting you today?

Yay pinball shirt :headbang:

You dont wanna torch them with a creme brule torch? :lol:

That'd be great! Hope he still has it!

Well, was it while you were medicated? Dont beat yourself up!

I lost the micros :facepalm: To mold. At least I know what went wrong. So feels good to be learning and making progress that was at least. Cuttings and transplants going strong.

I see the dentist for the adjustment this afternoon.  Karen said I got stitches that have to be removed.  I don't remember any part of that conversation with the nurse. :lol:  I'm going to try to cut the opioid out of my medication regimen today.  Both pills say take for pain as needed but warn not waiting until your in pain.  Kind of hard to judge that but I like to save the narc meds for when I'm going to be in serious pain for a long period of time.  I thought this might be one of those times but so far no.  It's not even as bad as a migraine.  No where like getting my wisdom teeth out.  I'm having my friend take me to the dentist.  I can tell by little fuck ups and I'm slow it would be better if someone else drive.  So far, these suit me just fine.  I don't think I'm going to have a problem.

Mike's decided maybe he better keep it.  I was thinking he should because he works in his garage all the time.  He was just on a kick to clean out the house.

We are getting two loads of leaf mulch on Friday if we can get it in there before the rain.  You know how I feel about that stuff!  What was the solution to the mold?

15 minutes ago, cineater said:

I see the dentist for the adjustment this afternoon.  Karen said I got stitches that have to be removed.  I don't remember any part of that conversation with the nurse. :lol:  I'm going to try to cut the opioid out of my medication regimen today.  Both pills say take for pain as needed but warn not waiting until your in pain.  Kind of hard to judge that but I like to save the narc meds for when I'm going to be in serious pain for a long period of time.  I thought this might be one of those times but so far no.  It's not even as bad as a migraine.  No where like getting my wisdom teeth out.  I'm having my friend take me to the dentist.  I can tell by little fuck ups and I'm slow it would be better if someone else drive.  So far, these suit me just fine.  I don't think I'm going to have a problem.

Mike's decided maybe he better keep it.  I was thinking he should because he works in his garage all the time.  He was just on a kick to clean out the house.

We are getting two loads of leaf mulch on Friday if we can get it in there before the rain.  You know how I feel about that stuff!  What was the solution to the mold?

Im glad you can get it taken care of today! I guess removing the stitches comes later though? Im glad you forget so much of it! :lol:

Sounds like you aced this dental procedure! Im glad your feeling good about it!

I like that the universe brought you a load of leaf mulch right after your procedure! Enjoy it!

I was doing a blackout grow for mustard micros. i very lightly mist - like one little pump - to set the seeds into soil at the start. On day two when there was no germination I panicked and gave it another spray. I knew it was the wrong move as I did it! And i accidentally did a bigger spray. Since its covered the water has no means of evaporating, making it worse.

So, better watering discipline. But also, the mustard might be slower to start than the arugula. Arugula grows so fast that its also called rocket. So I shouldnt have watered a second time (from the top that is)

2 hours ago, soon said:

Im glad you can get it taken care of today! I guess removing the stitches comes later though? Im glad you forget so much of it! :lol:

Sounds like you aced this dental procedure! Im glad your feeling good about it!

I like that the universe brought you a load of leaf mulch right after your procedure! Enjoy it!

I was doing a blackout grow for mustard micros. i very lightly mist - like one little pump - to set the seeds into soil at the start. On day two when there was no germination I panicked and gave it another spray. I knew it was the wrong move as I did it! And i accidentally did a bigger spray. Since its covered the water has no means of evaporating, making it worse.

So, better watering discipline. But also, the mustard might be slower to start than the arugula. Arugula grows so fast that its also called rocket. So I shouldnt have watered a second time (from the top that is)

Figured it was a water issue.

Don't forget we have class this afternoon at 4.  Happy, Healthy Habitat.  I slept through my noon town hall.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cineater said:

I sent you the link.

The dentist said I look really good for having surgery yesterday.  The adjustment is fitting fine now.  So I have to give away these 3 tubes of toothpaste I have. :lol:

Im so happy that you got a good check up and that the adjustments worked! Nice! Haha, I guess I hadnt thought about never brushing again. Gonna miss it? :lol:

DId they mention the stitches?

Thanks for link!

1 hour ago, soon said:

Shoot - I have to run and check in on a neighbour! Shouldnt take too long, but Ill be late to class!

Im back! And in the class!

Hope the neighbor was okay.

I was hoping for some more detailed information.  I already know to plant native.  Interesting about the dog flea collar.  Wonder if that is the same with the flea pills or the drops for pets?  Got me thinking though maybe I will turn the butterfly into native ground covers.  Not this coming year but maybe the next.  I'll have to research that and grow the plants next summer.

Penny doesn't have a flea collar. :lol:  Axl gave her a blue collar off his boot.  She's still our dog, he got the horse.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cineater said:

Hope the neighbor was okay.

I was hoping for some more detailed information.  I already know to plant native.  Interesting about the dog flea collar.  Wonder if that is the same with the flea pills or the drops for pets?  Got me thinking though maybe I will turn the butterfly into native ground covers.  Not this coming year but maybe the next.  I'll have to research that and grow the plants next summer.

Penny doesn't have a flea collar. :lol:  Axl gave her a blue collar off his boot.  She's still our dog, he got the horse.

Neighbour was okay, thanks.

The dog collar thing was what I was gonna mention too! I was surprised to learn that! And good questions youve raised!

Sorry, I dont follow why ground cover instead of of other natives in butterlfly?

Penny would never do any wrong! Too cool about her collar from Axl!

2 hours ago, soon said:

Neighbour was okay, thanks.

The dog collar thing was what I was gonna mention too! I was surprised to learn that! And good questions youve raised!

Sorry, I dont follow why ground cover instead of of other natives in butterlfly?

Penny would never do any wrong! Too cool about her collar from Axl!

The butterfly is suppose to be miniature plants under 10 inches.  I'm having fun planting it special this coming year but it would be better if it was all perennials that didn't have to replanted each year.  It would be a great spot to display native ground covers of which I'm totally unfamiliar with.

I wonder what that one bug was.  It looked like a fairy.

Mom was happy to hear my voice today and that she could understand me.  I'm okay mom, nice to have a mom.  She still needs to see me.  Keeps asking me when I'm coming down.  I guess I'll go next week.  The covid numbers in my county are the only ones down in the whole state.  I view covid like an unwanted pregnancy.  You don't want it, keep it covered. :lol:

Axl's a nice guy.  We still haven't got to check out his wagon.  I haven't written in a while so I'm lacking in details and just kind of spitting out what's happening.  My vision is limited so I can tell I'm not all in the story.

Should not have let the meds wear off.  Woke me up at 4.  The bruising and swelling showed up.  Look like I took a couple to the chin.  But it's not that bad and I'm staying off the opioid for the moment.

The coleus are already to big for their pot.  They are getting a haircut today.  I'm going to try making a bouquet with them and put all the cutting in a vase.  I'm not ending up with 70 of them again this year or so I say.

We have a beautiful day ahead of us.  The last one.  Craig is suppose to be here today and install my AC and then go up to the garden and cut down that thorn tree. 

11 hours ago, cineater said:

The butterfly is suppose to be miniature plants under 10 inches.  I'm having fun planting it special this coming year but it would be better if it was all perennials that didn't have to replanted each year.  It would be a great spot to display native ground covers of which I'm totally unfamiliar with.

I wonder what that one bug was.  It looked like a fairy.

Mom was happy to hear my voice today and that she could understand me.  I'm okay mom, nice to have a mom.  She still needs to see me.  Keeps asking me when I'm coming down.  I guess I'll go next week.  The covid numbers in my county are the only ones down in the whole state.  I view covid like an unwanted pregnancy.  You don't want it, keep it covered. :lol:

Axl's a nice guy.  We still haven't got to check out his wagon.  I haven't written in a while so I'm lacking in details and just kind of spitting out what's happening.  My vision is limited so I can tell I'm not all in the story.

That would be cool to learn about and for other people to see the native ground covers!

I wasnt even sure what I was looking at with some of those. lol

Your Mom most have been worried for you and the procedure. I hope next week will be a good time to visit. Im happy to hear about your county! Well done! HAHA keep it covered. Or as I advise friends when it comes to virus' "Double bag it" even :lol:

We have two vaccines approved now! And injections start next week. But I got a little bit ahead of myself and was very let down to read that it will be April when they are available to all. I was planning a January culinary tour of the town! :lol:

Does Axl have an entoroge in his wagon - cant remember?

Speaking of writing, I was researching the American hamburger and its working class origins yesterday. And I came by a passing reference to an early burger joint called "Workingman's Friend." Are you thinking what Im thinking?? This is classic americanna as explored on Workingman's Dead. So now I get to look into if that inspired the Albums name! You dont happen to know, do you?

And if it is related to the Dead, the original location is still operating just 4hours away form you in Indiana. If you wanna truck up there for a pilgrimage.

3 hours ago, cineater said:

Should not have let the meds wear off.  Woke me up at 4.  The bruising and swelling showed up.  Look like I took a couple to the chin.  But it's not that bad and I'm staying off the opioid for the moment.

The coleus are already to big for their pot.  They are getting a haircut today.  I'm going to try making a bouquet with them and put all the cutting in a vase.  I'm not ending up with 70 of them again this year or so I say.

We have a beautiful day ahead of us.  The last one.  Craig is suppose to be here today and install my AC and then go up to the garden and cut down that thorn tree. 

Ouch. I'm sorry. Y'know I bit my lip but i was about to say you may as well keep on the meds until after adjustment. Now I wish Id out in my 2 cents. Im so sorry to hear about the bruising! I wish I could give you a magic chocolate :lol:

And so it begins - The Great Coleus Home Takeover 2020-21. I like the idea of putting them in vase. For some reason Id only think to do that with flowers.

Enjoy your last nice day! Ive not accepted winters fate yet. I just don't go outside! :lol:

I wish Craig could stop by here. Today I shall endevour to turn my upright freezer into a fridge. For accessibility. I bought a replacement fridge thermostat that I will replace the freezers thermostat with. Its just that I haven't really done this type of thing before. So hopefully I don't get zapped or ruin the fridge!

You may have seen it written about in Mother Earth News even? Its supper ecological because the freezer is way more insulated, so to run as fridge will take less energy then a normal fridge. I saw people making these mods so that it would become possible to run fridge with solar. For that they use chest freezers. They said there's only ran two cycles a day - morning and evening - to keep temp at 32!

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, cineater said:

You're having a good time today.

Craig came out of the bathroom smiling.  Santa Baby got him!

I gave it up and took the opioid.  Feel so much better.  Don't know if there's any album name connection.  Axl travels alone.  He's too busy.

I love that you got him with the flashing Santa! :rofl-lol:

And Im relieved to hear that you are feeling better!

This Dead thing gives me the perfect excuse to not do the fridge mod. I will focous on Dead out of a fear of death.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, soon said:

I love that you got him with the flashing Santa! :rofl-lol:

And Im relieved to hear that you are feeling better!

This Dead thing gives me the perfect excuse to not do the fridge mod. I will focous on Dead out of a fear of death.

They thought it was so funny they took a video and sent it to their friends.  Craig got the AC installed but he needs to get a different filter to fit my wall.  He'll be back someday.  Lily always gets excited to see him and then runs and hides. :lol:

I think the swelling is starting to go down.  If the meds come close to wearing off I'm in annoying pain.  Felt good just to sit outside and let the sun beat down on my face.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

They thought it was so funny they took a video and sent it to their friends.  Craig got the AC installed but he needs to get a different filter to fit my wall.  He'll be back someday.  Lily always gets excited to see him and then runs and hides. :lol:

I think the swelling is starting to go down.  If the meds come close to wearing off I'm in annoying pain.  Felt good just to sit outside and let the sun beat down on my face.

Does Lily have a crush? :lol:

I’m sure a lot of people are getting a lot of joy of your flashing Santa prank! :lol: That’s awesome!

I hope the swelling keeps going down. Just rest. Enjoy that sun.

• Like 1

Good morning @cineater, I hope you got some sleep. How are you feeling?

Beaker doesnt hang out with many people who visit either - though he did when he was younger. Really only 3 people since. My cleaning lady, one of my neighbours and my ex. He once came out of hiding, sat at my feet and starred daggers at my ex - to the extent that it actually made my ex feel bad. It was awesome!! :lol:

They announced like 13 new star wars series and movies yesterday!! My head is spinning!

Are you feeling much like eating yet? Still have some soup?

25 minutes ago, soon said:

Good morning @cineater, I hope you got some sleep. How are you feeling?

Beaker doesnt hang out with many people who visit either - though he did when he was younger. Really only 3 people since. My cleaning lady, one of my neighbours and my ex. He once came out of hiding, sat at my feet and starred daggers at my ex - to the extent that it actually made my ex feel bad. It was awesome!! :lol:

They announced like 13 new star wars series and movies yesterday!! My head is spinning!

Are you feeling much like eating yet? Still have some soup?

I did sleep a good 9 hours.  Of course the meds wore off but not as bad as yesterday.  As soon as I feel better I'm going to have a good laugh over getting Craig with Santa Baby.  I thought I was over surprising people with her but that never gets old when you get somebody. :lol:  I got some oatmeal and mash potatoes with ham down yesterday but I've lost 4 pounds.  I will not be able to eat egg drop soup after this.  Didn't like it that much to begin with.

I didn't know you had an ex.  I guess everybody does.  Might be good if we let the pets match us up.  They would probably do a better job.

I have steering committee this morning.  Oh joy.

You should be smiling all day with the Star Wars news.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cineater said:

I did sleep a good 9 hours.  Of course the meds wore off but not as bad as yesterday.  As soon as I feel better I'm going to have a good laugh over getting Craig with Santa Baby.  I thought I was over surprising people with her but that never gets old when you get somebody. :lol:  I got some oatmeal and mash potatoes with ham down yesterday but I've lost 4 pounds.  I will not be able to eat egg drop soup after this.  Didn't like it that much to begin with.

I didn't know you had an ex.  I guess everybody does.  Might be good if we let the pets match us up.  They would probably do a better job.

I have steering committee this morning.  Oh joy.

You should be smiling all day with the Star Wars news.

Thts great that youve got some good sleep in. And Im happy you could eat a bit. Egg drops not my favourite either. I like miso or that sweet and sour soup.

I hope you can eat a bit before your meeting. You need your energy. How is the swelling and bruising?

Yeah, Im still laughing about Santa Baby! :lol:

Feeling Beakers love that day was very special and Im sure you are right about pets picking our partners. She was the GF I mentioned about the black spots the other day. Such shit that I havent been too keen on trying again, since. I was told sometime in the last year that she had a public outburst that was so humiliating they felt it would be in poor taste to even tell me the details. I was thrilled to hear it! :lol:

Yeah this Star Wars thing is incredible - never seen anything like it! Prolly never will again. "Your favourite film world is about to multiple exponentially. And you can watch most of it from home on the service you already have. Surprise!" :dance:

I hope you dont have too much more planned for the day after your meeting. And please consider staying on all your meds?

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Thts great that youve got some good sleep in. And Im happy you could eat a bit. Egg drops not my favourite either. I like miso or that sweet and sour soup.

I hope you can eat a bit before your meeting. You need your energy. How is the swelling and bruising?

Yeah, Im still laughing about Santa Baby! :lol:

Feeling Beakers love that day was very special and Im sure you are right about pets picking our partners. She was the GF I mentioned about the black spots the other day. Such shit that I havent been too keen on trying again, since. I was told sometime in the last year that she had a public outburst that was so humiliating they felt it would be in poor taste to even tell me the details. I was thrilled to hear it! :lol:

Yeah this Star Wars thing is incredible - never seen anything like it! Prolly never will again. "Your favourite film world is about to multiple exponentially. And you can watch most of it from home on the service you already have. Surprise!" :dance:

I hope you dont have too much more planned for the day after your meeting. And please consider staying on all your meds?

I'm doing okay on the ibuprofen.  It would be nice to pop one of those opioids just for the mood enhancer.  DJ and I were talking about it yesterday.  Whatever happened to quaaludes?  God those were nice. :lol:

Ooops, back in a bit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I'm doing okay on the ibuprofen.  It would be nice to pop one of those opioids just for the mood enhancer.  DJ and I were talking about it yesterday.  Whatever happened to quaaludes?  God those were nice. :lol:

Ooops, back in a bit.

You okay, Cin?

DJ is a bad influence on you! :lol:

1 hour ago, soon said:

You okay, Cin?

DJ is a bad influence on you! :lol:

Yeah, steering committee.  It lasted 2.5 hours!  The best part was somebody bitching about communication and the answer was "well if you read your emails".  :lol:  That whole big issue about the extension wanting more say in the gardens was reduced to we just need to tweak some wording.  That was all Alex.  The Extension doesn't give a flying fuck what we do out there. :lol:  They just don't want to be sued.

DJ always makes it out that I was the wild one in college.  I got my partying ass through the regular 4 year program.  She on the other hand bombed out for a while.  She's doing soapers and I'm popping white cross to pull all nighters.  That was the difference.

28 minutes ago, cineater said:

Yeah, steering committee.  It lasted 2.5 hours!  The best part was somebody bitching about communication and the answer was "well if you read your emails".  :lol:  That whole big issue about the extension wanting more say in the gardens was reduced to we just need to tweak some wording.  That was all Alex.  The Extension doesn't give a flying fuck what we do out there. :lol:  They just don't want to be sued.

DJ always makes it out that I was the wild one in college.  I got my partying ass through the regular 4 year program.  She on the other hand bombed out for a while.  She's doing soapers and I'm popping white cross to pull all nighters.  That was the difference.

2.5 hrs?!?!?! I love that slam! :lol: Fucking Alex! Glad thats sorted now.

What are soapers and white cross?

2 hours ago, soon said:

2.5 hrs?!?!?! I love that slam! :lol: Fucking Alex! Glad thats sorted now.

What are soapers and white cross?

Soapers was the nic for Quaaludes.  White cross is speed.  Not sure what they were in the pharmacy world.  Mine were fresh pressed and stunk.  Thanks George, chemistry student.  He might still be in jail for that chemistry set.

My sister sent me feel better socks, cats on them.  So I shared the picture with everybody else.  I like feel better surprise gifts. :lol:  Get the hint!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, cineater said:

Soapers was the nic for Quaaludes.  White cross is speed.  Not sure what they were in the pharmacy world.  Mine were fresh pressed and stunk.  Thanks George, chemistry student.  He might still be in jail for that chemistry set.

My sister sent me feel better socks, cats on them.  So I shared the picture with everybody else.  I like feel better surprise gifts. :lol:  Get the hint!

Should I take speed when Im doing the Master Gardener course? :lol:

Thats a nice gift! I hope they get the hint! :lol:

Im still just floating in a cloud of star wars