Gardening

Gracii Guns

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Now Im starting to think 'now if I get good at the micros, how many pots will I need to buy to grow two meals a days worth' :lol:

I hope the wether doesnt give you headaches. Did your package arrive?

Good planning.

It's warm on Friday so I should be good.  Got the yarn animal kits today but the other is still in transit.

Caleb and I are going on our first undercover mission tomorrow.  We're going to get the photo frames and then sneak by and get the toilet.

35 minutes ago, cineater said:

Good planning.

It's warm on Friday so I should be good.  Got the yarn animal kits today but the other is still in transit.

Caleb and I are going on our first undercover mission tomorrow.  We're going to get the photo frames and then sneak by and get the toilet.

Have fun with Caleb! You mean that digital frame for your mom? Thought you said youd do that for Mothers Day?

Im preheating my oven to make a pan pizza - pepperoni, red pepper, red onion and oregano from my garden.

It's on sale.  She's old.  I'm old.  No time like the present to give your mother a good gift.  And you know I just can't wait to give it to her. :lol:

Oh that sounds good.

I set up a new safety and design group of 4 people to inspect the gardens for safety issues and somebody to consult with when you are building shit or redesigning a bed.  Marsha's the head of the group.  Talking about who would be on the group with her.  We have her and two guys.  She wants to tell the leads it has to be a woman "because men and women don't think alike" and she wants another girl who she can communicate with on the same level.  I tell her she can't say that, it's sexist.  She doesn't think so. :facepalm:  I don't even know how to explain that to her.  But I had a farm girl in mind for the role anyway.  Didn't open it up to volunteers, just recruited the team.  I was looking at skills.  Just happen to be two guys and two gals.

27 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's on sale.  She's old.  I'm old.  No time like the present to give your mother a good gift.  And you know I just can't wait to give it to her. :lol:

Oh that sounds good.

I set up a new safety and design group of 4 people to inspect the gardens for safety issues and somebody to consult with when you are building shit or redesigning a bed.  Marsha's the head of the group.  Talking about who would be on the group with her.  We have her and two guys.  She wants to tell the leads it has to be a woman "because men and women don't think alike" and she wants another girl who she can communicate with on the same level.  I tell her she can't say that, it's sexist.  She doesn't think so. :facepalm:  I don't even know how to explain that to her.  But I had a farm girl in mind for the role anyway.  Didn't open it up to volunteers, just recruited the team.  I was looking at skills.  Just happen to be two guys and two gals.

I wouldnt be able to wait either! I was surprised you were :lol:

Ooh, will you get your three cheese chicken penne when youre out tomorrow?

Sheesh - Has Del ever done a number on Marsha! :lol: Pretty much the definition of sexism! lol. But as far as a safety team goes, I could see differences. And some of those could be the 'tough guy' aversion to precaution. Only thing is that not all guys are tough guys. I find a great many boomer men to be nearly impossible to deal with or comprehend myself, tbh :lol: And then you got Alex. :lol:

Bottom line is that having a diverse team that doesnt all think alike is ideal for a safety team. Different people will notice different things.

I'd just like to mention that I would like to be on a team with a farm girl too, please? :lol:

Is Marsha pissed that you picked that team?

2 hours ago, soon said:

I wouldnt be able to wait either! I was surprised you were :lol:

Ooh, will you get your three cheese chicken penne when youre out tomorrow?

Sheesh - Has Del ever done a number on Marsha! :lol: Pretty much the definition of sexism! lol. But as far as a safety team goes, I could see differences. And some of those could be the 'tough guy' aversion to precaution. Only thing is that not all guys are tough guys. I find a great many boomer men to be nearly impossible to deal with or comprehend myself, tbh :lol: And then you got Alex. :lol:

Bottom line is that having a diverse team that doesnt all think alike is ideal for a safety team. Different people will notice different things.

I'd just like to mention that I would like to be on a team with a farm girl too, please? :lol:

Is Marsha pissed that you picked that team?

No, we worked together on it.  I suggested Phoebe for the other girl.  You would love her.  It's good to have diversity when you are talking culture, life experience, stuff like that but not when you try to pigeon hole things like if you're a woman or a man you must think this way.  All women do not think alike as I'm sure all men don't think alike.  It's like thinking all black people come from the ghetto.

Not craving the 3 cheese penne but I'm out of soft food so I may go get it.  I'm spending a lot on mom.  I've still got instant mash potatoes and can cut up meat to go in there.  I forgot I'm shopping with the kid on Friday so I may go do the leaf mulch tomorrow.  It's nice for the first part of next week so I could do it then.  The ground is going to start to freeze after Christmas so I want to get on it.

I'm starting to get excited for Christmas.  I have some cool gifts for people.  Anxious to give them.  I'm having fun this year!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cineater said:

Stitches are out!  The doctor noticed I was wearing a GNR sweatshirt. :lol:

"Look out kid, it's somethin' you did. God knows when, but you're doin' it again."  Knew that had to be a Bob Dylan lyric before they even played the song. 

Yay!!! :dance:And sounds like you are feeling okay? 

Did they comment on your healing in general?

You had that procedure and got home before I was up! Did you get some sleep last night?

We’re they a guns fan too? :lol:

I thought that was an Aerosmith lyric at first. From pump maybe? Dead radio I presume?

Im so happy for you!!

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Yay!!! :dance:And sounds like you are feeling okay? 

Did they comment on your healing in general?

You had that procedure and got home before I was up! Did you get some sleep last night?

We’re they a guns fan too? :lol:

I thought that was an Aerosmith lyric at first. From pump maybe? Dead radio I presume?

Im so happy for you!!

Beatles radio. 

He said I was doing really good with the healing.  Coffee and cigarettes will do it every time. :lol:  Feels better with the stitches out but there's a couple of points that are still sore.  Few more days.  Good news is I came in at 129, closer to 130 but I'll take it.  Usually by this time of year I'm starting to go over 135 from all the holiday eating.

Little Boy came into the house for a moment today.  I opened the door again to give him a second bowl of food and he was feeling the heat come out.  Opened it up all the way and he came in.  He talks to me.  He let me close the door back to just enough for him to get out if he wanted to but he stayed for a minute.

The kid is onto us.  She asked what other stores we were going to.  We have that app where we can track the phones thus track our location.  I'm going to leave my phone at home when Caleb and I go out shopping.  I've been outsmarting this kid for years when it comes to gifts.  Either that or she wants to make sure her man is home to make her dinner. :lol:  He has to start making her cook once in a while.

Soon as it warms up a bit I'm running up to the garden to run a few wheelbarrows. 

• GNFNR 1

23 minutes ago, cineater said:

Beatles radio. 

He said I was doing really good with the healing.  Coffee and cigarettes will do it every time. :lol:  Feels better with the stitches out but there's a couple of points that are still sore.  Few more days.  Good news is I came in at 129, closer to 130 but I'll take it.  Usually by this time of year I'm starting to go over 135 from all the holiday eating.

Little Boy came into the house for a moment today.  I opened the door again to give him a second bowl of food and he was feeling the heat come out.  Opened it up all the way and he came in.  He talks to me.  He let me close the door back to just enough for him to get out if he wanted to but he stayed for a minute.

The kid is onto us.  She asked what other stores we were going to.  We have that app where we can track the phones thus track our location.  I'm going to leave my phone at home when Caleb and I go out shopping.  I've been outsmarting this kid for years when it comes to gifts.  Either that or she wants to make sure her man is home to make her dinner. :lol:  He has to start making her cook once in a while.

Soon as it warms up a bit I'm running up to the garden to run a few wheelbarrows. 

You are kicking this things ass! Coffee does act as an astringent, which can be beneficial to the type of healing :lol: Ya, a few more days. Almost there!

Little Boy!!! Its a Christmas miracle!! What a cutie - wonder what he was saying? Prolly checking in on your stitches.

She's spoiled with his cooking! :lol: You should park your car at a nearby store to the one youre going to. One thats funny and will really throw her for a loop. And then both leave your phones in the car there. Like a fabric store (make her think you are buying her a pattern and fabric to make window shades!) or something. Or the sex shop :lol:

You are a champion, Cin. Take care out there today! Enjoy your leaf mulch!!

11 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm starting to get excited for Christmas.  I have some cool gifts for people.  Anxious to give them.  I'm having fun this year!

I woke up feeling the Christmas spirit too! Listening to some Carrie Underwood christmas songs. And then I heard someone ramble up to my door, plunk something down on my bench and leave. I thought it must be a christmas package as I dont have any outstanding orders (finally!). But when I went out there was nothing there. So it was likely someone looking to steal any christmas packages. Joy To the World :lol:. My bench opens so thats the plunk I heard. Likely my previous neighbour with that depth of knowledge. Hope she doesnt steal enough to od.

I might even put out my nativity.... ah who am I kidding :lol:

The real question is, can I actually wait till christmas eve do dive into that shrimp ring!??

Tell me about Phoebe?

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

Phoebe is the one who made us a dish out of sweet potato leaves and the fresh tomato soup.  She knows everything about gardening and how to cook it!

It's still not above freezing out there.  Caleb is coming around 2:30 so I may be running out of time.  It's warmer Monday and Tuesday.  I've got time.

Er, Caleb isn't on the find friends app.  His excuse and I believe him, cause I could have thought something else, is he doesn't want the government to track him.  Silly man why would they want to?

Simone caught a mouse.  Fortunately she had just pigged out on canned cat food.  She only played with it and chased it into Brian's yard.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cineater said:

Phoebe is the one who made us a dish out of sweet potato leaves and the fresh tomato soup.  She knows everything about gardening and how to cook it!

It's still not above freezing out there.  Caleb is coming around 2:30 so I may be running out of time.  It's warmer Monday and Tuesday.  I've got time.

Er, Caleb isn't on the find friends app.  His excuse and I believe him, cause I could have thought something else, is he doesn't want the government to track him.  Silly man why would they want to?

Simone caught a mouse.  Fortunately she had just pigged out on canned cat food.  She only played with it and chased it into Brian's yard.

Thats awesome weaving a basket out of leaves! She sounds cool.

Yeah, just chill out until you and Caleb go. Its super cold here today and I aint going out there!

I wonder what type of subversive he must be if the govt tracks him! Hes a spy?!?! :lol:

Go Simone, go!! Im happy she didnt gift you a dead mouse.

Im outta room - no where to ut my micros under lights! 

1 hour ago, soon said:

Thats awesome weaving a basket out of leaves! She sounds cool.

Yeah, just chill out until you and Caleb go. Its super cold here today and I aint going out there!

I wonder what type of subversive he must be if the govt tracks him! Hes a spy?!?! :lol:

Go Simone, go!! Im happy she didnt gift you a dead mouse.

Im outta room - no where to ut my micros under lights! 

He's a Republican. :lol:

I'm worried about light space this year too.  I guess you could rotate them out and leave the lights on 24/7.

My package got transferred to FedEx from the other carrier at one yesterday in St Louis.  I'll get it today or tomorrow.  At least I think I will.

That's a food dish not basket kind of dish.  Something with coconut milk.  No worries, took me a minute to figure out how you got to basket. :lol:

I'm a total space case today.  I keep walking away from the computer while I'm on the net.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

He's a Republican. :lol:

I'm worried about light space this year too.  I guess you could rotate them out and leave the lights on 24/7.

My package got transferred to FedEx from the other carrier at one yesterday in St Louis.  I'll get it today or tomorrow.  At least I think I will.

That's a food dish not basket kind of dish.  Something with coconut milk.  No worries, took me a minute to figure out how you got to basket. :lol:

I'm a total space case today.  I keep walking away from the computer while I'm on the net.

Yikes, he should need to wear an ankle bracelet in that case! :lol:

Good idea about rotating. Just transplanted everything. After washing and sanitizing all the pots. And one of my lights went kaput. Always something. Will send pic.

Haha - its because Id want to make that basket :facepalm::lol: Thank you for translating me! lol

Ha, ya hippie :P Im getting shit done today!

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

I got him!  Sent you a face shot of Little Boy.  Caught him in mid lick.  Treated him to some canned cat food and couldn't get him to get his face out of the can. :lol:

Oh Little Boy! Hes striking! Almost blue, isnt he? He looks like pure bliss :lol:

Is his one ear nicked? It almost looks like that how both ears are shaped?

Hes a lucky one.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Yikes, he should need to wear an ankle bracelet in that case! :lol:

Good idea about rotating. Just transplanted everything. After washing and sanitizing all the pots. And one of my lights went kaput. Always something. Will send pic.

Haha - its because Id want to make that basket :facepalm::lol: Thank you for translating me! lol

Ha, ya hippie :P Im getting shit done today!

Oh Little Boy! Hes striking! Almost blue, isnt he? He looks like pure bliss :lol:

Is his one ear nicked? It almost looks like that how both ears are shaped?

Hes a lucky one.

Oh I don't know if that's nicked.  I'll get a better look at that.  Yeah he's got that almost blue coat.  Little Boy Blue, good addition to the name.  Look at those beautiful green eyes.  He saw his food dish just inside the door and came in again.  That boy can eat!  He's okay with Lily but he stays back from Simone.  She doesn't bother him but just her stance tells him, it's on if you come too close to me. :lol:  Simone is done with being jumped by the boys.

We got the photo frames.  I had 20 percent off on those.  If there's a coupon out there that applies, I've got it.  He got both of his grandmas ones.  They raised him.  He's a good kid.  And we got the toilet.  Sure you can heft that Caleb.  Wouldn't want to do less in front of the MIL.  His face turned really red. :lol:  We had a nice time.  We talk easily.  He's probably more happy with the toilet then Karen will be.  He still has to install it.

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh I don't know if that's nicked.  I'll get a better look at that.  Yeah he's got that almost blue coat.  Little Boy Blue, good addition to the name.  Look at those beautiful green eyes.  He saw his food dish just inside the door and came in again.  That boy can eat!  He's okay with Lily but he stays back from Simone.  She doesn't bother him but just her stance tells him, it's on if you come too close to me. :lol:  Simone is done with being jumped by the boys.

We got the photo frames.  I had 20 percent off on those.  If there's a coupon out there that applies, I've got it.  He got both of his grandmas ones.  They raised him.  He's a good kid.  And we got the toilet.  Sure you can heft that Caleb.  Wouldn't want to do less in front of the MIL.  His face turned really red. :lol:  We had a nice time.  We talk easily.  He's probably more happy with the toilet then Karen will be.  He still has to install it.

Little Boy Blue, I love it. His eyes are so striking too! Almost like what other cats eyes look like in the dark. Well, now you got three cats to feed :lol: Unless Simone calls an audible. :lol:

Work those coupons!  Thats a precious image of him hauling that toilet :rofl-lol:

Sounds fun. Glad you two click so well. 

Im making more pizza. And watching Food Vignettes on PBS Food. I forgot all about these. They're somehow the coolest. Short little vids on various cooks, farmers, etc in their natural setting, making a dish and expressing the joy it brings them. 

2 hours ago, soon said:

Little Boy Blue, I love it. His eyes are so striking too! Almost like what other cats eyes look like in the dark. Well, now you got three cats to feed :lol: Unless Simone calls an audible. :lol:

Work those coupons!  Thats a precious image of him hauling that toilet :rofl-lol:

Sounds fun. Glad you two click so well. 

Im making more pizza. And watching Food Vignettes on PBS Food. I forgot all about these. They're somehow the coolest. Short little vids on various cooks, farmers, etc in their natural setting, making a dish and expressing the joy it brings them. 

That might be my speed.  Do they use common everyday foods?

Three cats is good.  I like running a crew.  I was down to a duo.

They have a Dart Vader clapper.  Those things so you can clap on/off your lights.

Don't tell me you want that!  That's selling out.  Don't you even think up an Axl one.  I'll tell on you. :lol:

Edited by cineater
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

That might be my speed.  Do they use common everyday foods?

Three cats is good.  I like running a crew.  I was down to a duo.

They have a Dart Vader clapper.  Those things so you can clap on/off your lights.

Don't tell me you want that!  That's selling out.  Don't you even think up an Axl one.  I'll tell on you. :lol:

Yes I want one!!!!! :shades: Too cool! Strangely sounds vey encouraging too :lol: An Axl one would be hilarious. Last thing you hear at bed time is "Your gonna diiiiieeeeeeeee!!!" :lol: You find all the coolest stuff! 

The vignettes that Ive seen all use everyday foods, yeah! Ill send you some :) 

You're good heading up your crew(s). We had a good time here today too.

Did you get to enjoy your mashed potatoes? Hows eating treating you?

Edit: Sent you the link to all the Kitchen Vignettes. And bonus - the first one is a no till farmer!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

Okay that would be funny to hear, Your gonna die.

I book marked the vignettes.  I'm thinking after the holidays but then we start growing. :lol:

I ended up making one of those box Beef Stroganoffs, add hamburger.  I keep biting my left cheek,  The dentist said I could drop in if I was experiencing problems with them.  I took a good look at the bottom one and the bottom denture, the inside part is thicker over on the left side.  Maybe if he digs that out a little.  I noticed a problem with the left side walking out in them.  Just thought it was the swelling.  I'm going to call tomorrow and get a drop in time for Monday.  Karen and I are shopping all day tomorrow.  I don't think they are there on Saturdays.

9 hours ago, cineater said:

Okay that would be funny to hear, Your gonna die.

I book marked the vignettes.  I'm thinking after the holidays but then we start growing. :lol:

I ended up making one of those box Beef Stroganoffs, add hamburger.  I keep biting my left cheek,  The dentist said I could drop in if I was experiencing problems with them.  I took a good look at the bottom one and the bottom denture, the inside part is thicker over on the left side.  Maybe if he digs that out a little.  I noticed a problem with the left side walking out in them.  Just thought it was the swelling.  I'm going to call tomorrow and get a drop in time for Monday.  Karen and I are shopping all day tomorrow.  I don't think they are there on Saturdays.

Theres lots of other stuff Axl could say. What should Axls clap light say?

Youre too busy! :lol: They are just 5 minutes each. They'll be there whenever you want.

Sounds tasty. Ouch - Im sure its common to need further adjustment. Sucks in the meantime. I hope they can fix it up on Monday. Is the swollen down then?

I hope you and Karen have a blast! 

27 minutes ago, soon said:

Theres lots of other stuff Axl could say. What should Axls clap light say?

Youre too busy! :lol: They are just 5 minutes each. They'll be there whenever you want.

Sounds tasty. Ouch - Im sure its common to need further adjustment. Sucks in the meantime. I hope they can fix it up on Monday. Is the swollen down then?

I hope you and Karen have a blast! 

The dentist can get me in at 9 today.  I think if he can fix this I can eat.

I'm in at 129 on the money!

The toilet is sitting in my garage wrapped.  I have to keep the kid from hitting the garage door button when she brings me home today.  Shhh, I don't want her to see it until Caleb takes it home.

Axl is not going to approve a clap light.  Slap you upside the head would be something he might like though. :lol:

42 minutes ago, cineater said:

The dentist can get me in at 9 today.  I think if he can fix this I can eat.

I'm in at 129 on the money!

The toilet is sitting in my garage wrapped.  I have to keep the kid from hitting the garage door button when she brings me home today.  Shhh, I don't want her to see it until Caleb takes it home.

Axl is not going to approve a clap light.  Slap you upside the head would be something he might like though. :lol:

Thats grat about the dentist. Almost there!

Now you can eat extra m&ms and cheesy potatoes :headbang::lol:

I like the image of a wrapped toilet sitting in your garage.

Hey, wait.... Axl wants to slap me specifically upside the head?? :lol:

Amazing things have just transpired in Star Wars.

Also, just this second, I again heard someone come to my door and ruffle around. I went out and caught my previous neighbour pulling away in - a new fancy suv - and she even mangled to give a "on no bad man accosting me" look even though she was alone and busted. Next time I hear the front door open n the morning, someones getting waped with a cane.

8 hours ago, soon said:

Thats grat about the dentist. Almost there!

Now you can eat extra m&ms and cheesy potatoes :headbang::lol:

I like the image of a wrapped toilet sitting in your garage.

Hey, wait.... Axl wants to slap me specifically upside the head?? :lol:

Amazing things have just transpired in Star Wars.

Also, just this second, I again heard someone come to my door and ruffle around. I went out and caught my previous neighbour pulling away in - a new fancy suv - and she even mangled to give a "on no bad man accosting me" look even though she was alone and busted. Next time I hear the front door open n the morning, someones getting waped with a cane.

That was fun!  I work my ass off to get Christmas covered and that's done I can shop for fun things.  I got myself an alpaca ornament!  Sent you a picture.  Picked up a few more little surprises for people and of course something Karen saw while we were out.  She got a dinosaur ornament like mine with the Christmas lights.  They don't light up.

The Dentist made an adjustment so these are more comfortable but they still need work.  I did got out for lunch and did pretty good.

Not you specifically but I'm sure Axl has a list.

What amazing things?

You're neighbors are weird.

• GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, cineater said:

That was fun!  I work my ass off to get Christmas covered and that's done I can shop for fun things.  I got myself an alpaca ornament!  Sent you a picture.  Picked up a few more little surprises for people and of course something Karen saw while we were out.  She got a dinosaur ornament like mine with the Christmas lights.  They don't light up.

The Dentist made an adjustment so these are more comfortable but they still need work.  I did got out for lunch and did pretty good.

Not you specifically but I'm sure Axl has a list.

What amazing things?

You're neighbors are weird.

Awesome - you deserved a fun day out with Karen! Ahh, that ornament is so cute and realistic! You got your alpaca now :lol: And will build your herd if you get those finished crafts gifted back! The dino one sounds cute too. Im so happy that you had a good time!

Well, getting there with the teeth. Lunch out! Nice. What did ya have? I had more pizza, more turkey sandwich and more cheesies... and I loved it still lol. Drank way too much coffee, well into the afternoon. So I am wired.

In star wars - Luke Skywalker appeared in the current TV show, Mandalorian! Im not sure if youd know that the last depictions of Luke we've seen in the recent movies pissed off almost the entire fan base? But this was the Luke we all know and love. This depiction of Luke was of an earlier Luke - from just after the last of the three first original movies (return of the jedi). Where he's super powerful :headbang: Mando is the series that Baby Yoda is from and we all already loved it... and Luke just strolls in and kicked ass with the force and light sabre!

And this is just after Disney recently announced two spin offs of this show. And at the end of this episode they introduced a 3rd spin off! So there are either 3-4 shows with all these characters we love, plus now Luke could be in any or all of them too :dance:The Luke we knew before Disney mucked it all up. Baby Yoda is now in the care of Luke Skywalker!

Re: my neighbours. Yes total fuck jobs. Its clear to me that whoever is doing the intake interviews just automatically prioritizes AND accepts any visible minority, without any further scrutiny, just for being such. So annoying. And to make it worse, just an hour ago I heard someone approach so I wanted to see who it was... it was a neighbour that I hardly know dropping off a Christmas Card. And I think me appearing startled them :( But it was fine and we laughed. But still. Yuck. It shouldnt have to be this way, especially when it effects others like that. Like 50/50 chance I dont get a card form them next year :( 

Still feeling the Christmas Spirit though. Maybe some Willie carols this evening?! Do you do any christmas song listening at all? I did the Peanuts Christmas earlier too.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10164601465445437&set=a.10150727086625437&__cft__[0]=AZV-L0si27q3rzv6k1QrrAXa7PTSkUlF2Z_3hI-c_dy5_uPEPxg6ClujP63f__eoLXqQuSw2X0ev-hwDSiDgp4c3puQjx9kGsCpxBuk_iU6KwxE-GNtM0WBlxTDBxvnPhgE&__tn__=EH-R

Can you see that?  I told her to change.  How we both picked the same outfit I have no idea.  At the last minute I decided not to wear my UGGs.  I got her dino cookie cutters too.

Have no seen any of that.  Mark Hamilton was the last Luke I saw standing on top of a mountain.

I've been in and out of the dentist office all month.  I've had my fill of Christmas music. :lol:

Don't tell anybody about my love of Alpacas.  Once they find out you have an interest you get loaded with that shit.

• Haha 1