Things that you admire about Axl (Not musically related)

His childlike demeanor and silly sense of humor. I felt a lot of that while he was on stage during the NITL tour but for some reason I feel he’s like that a lot more than we think, he just may not show it as often. We know he’s been an asshole and a definite recluse, but there’s always been something, I don’t know, there’s just always been something about that Axl Rose. 

I also admire how he doesn’t give a fuck. How dedicated he is to making his dreams come true. He’s been through so much in his childhood but he never gave up. He’s a very passionate person and as someone who also considers themselves that way, that is very admirable to me. 

I can go on all day lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

His childlike demeanor and silly sense of humor. I felt a lot of that while he was on stage during the NITL tour but for some reason I feel he’s like that a lot more than we think, he just may not show it as often. We know he’s been an asshole and a definite recluse, but there’s always been something, I don’t know, there’s just always been something about that Axl Rose. 

I also admire how he doesn’t give a fuck. How dedicated he is to making his dreams come true. He’s been through so much in his childhood but he never gave up. He’s a very passionate person and as someone who also considers themselves that way, that is very admirable to me. 

I can go on all day lol

I enjoyed reading your insights.

What I love about Axl is his originality, the fact that he always stays true to who he is and what he believes. And that he like mentioned before doesn't give a fuck! Another thing is his sense of humor but more important how he despite his difficult past and the battle with himself and his mental conditions got there. He followed his dreams and did it all on his own strength.

• Like 2

His wardrobe... 

But really, so many things. I think what moves me the most in him is how he told us a story through Gn'R songs and bits of his life, I don't recall seeing him or hearing he was engaged/in love to/with anyone after Stephanie Seymour. The only thing he has chosen to express to us after the 90's is his work, and some of his views. I highly respect how he protects his private life.

I'm sure he had loads of affairs and maybe found "love", but from what we can perceive of him, Stephanie was the love of his life. At least that's what he expressed through his songs and what he let us know of him.

He must have suffered hell. No amount of hot girls can cure that.

I don't know how to express it, but I admire he chose the hard path. He chose his brazilian family first and foremost to lead a healthy life. He could live with the hottest girls but he lives with his family. That's kind of impressive.

I admire his integrity. I admire his passion. I admire his energy. Overall I'm glad he exists, he has been a benefit in my life. Lot of good vibes, positive energy. The only thing I was able to say to him was "Thank you" and "Chinese Democracy is a masterpiece" or something like that. He is a very good human being.

Edited by D..
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Alja said:

First and top of all incredible humility. That man with AC/DC who could steal the show in a blink of an eye, yet decided not to and was holding back. Next year with his own band, a man who was genuinely happy watching people enjoy the show, giving such a warm vibe. He was there with heart on his sleeve to make your day. Not a thing easy to explain but... a man all exposed, with incredibly thin, sensitive skin, translucent to his inner light. He is the man who most of his life performs in front of huge audience, makes millions, has huge entourage of pleasers... yet you still see that humble glimpse when he looks at the crowd if you liked it. He cares if you are safe (take in count that from stage you see max 3-5 rows or so). Even when something came off so well he surprised himself, he glimpsed happily You got it? This is good, isn`t it?  If you leave him be and be as free as he wants to be, he is the most enthusiastic, entertaining critter ever; never grown up to full adult in his best: sensitive, perceptive, curious, enjoying, enthusiastic. 

Consistency and honesty. He is who he is, take it or let be. No bullshit or sugarcoat. Right or wrong, he`s not afraid to present opinions, which are not pleasing, or which are unusual or contradictory to common. He used to be open, learned hard not to be; these "unfitting pieces" on first glimpse sometimes fit in incredible way, when you change the perspective to wider. Or question what you think was as a matter of course.

Resilience. The man miserably failed in his life (I`m pretty sure he precisely knows how basement of rock bottom looks alike) so many times and yet he managed to hold on and rise again. Extra points for not failing into addiction. 

Yes, I love his jelly-thick vibe. One of a kind.

This is everything. Feeling all warm and fuzzy and squirrel on coke times a gazillion.

28 minutes ago, D.. said:

His wardrobe... 

But really, so many things. I think what moves me the most in him is how he told us a story through Gn'R songs and bits of his life, I don't recall seeing him or hearing he was engaged/in love to/with anyone after Stephanie Seymour. The only thing he has chosen to express to us after the 90's is his work, and some of his views. I highly respect how he protects his private life.

I'm sure he had loads of affairs and maybe found "love", but from what we can perceive of him, Stephanie was the love of his life. At least that's what he expressed through his songs and what he let us know of him.

He must have suffered hell. No amount of hot girls can cure that.

I don't know how to express it, but I admire he chose the hard path. He chose his brazilian family first and foremost to lead a healthy life. He could live with the hottest girls but he lives with his family. That's kind of impressive.

I admire his integrity. I admire his passion. I admire his energy. Overall I'm glad he exists, he has been a benefit in my life. Lot of good vibes, positive energy. The only thing I was able to say to him was "Thank you" and "Chinese Democracy is a masterpiece" or something like that. He is a very good human being.

Well said, VERY well said

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Gabrielaerojas said:

This is everything. Feeling all warm and fuzzy and squirrel on coke times a gazillion.

Then there is a Fox. It has warm, fuzzy coat, yet it`s not fox like hundred thousand other foxes. It`s the one Little Prince`s Fox, the one which says It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important (and many other wise things) and masters ancient art of taming. :hug:

* I feel so warm and fuzzy I can`t write my thesis

Edited by Alja
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alja said:

First and top of all incredible humility. That man with AC/DC who could steal the show in a blink of an eye, yet decided not to and was holding back. Next year with his own band, a man who was genuinely happy watching people enjoy the show, giving such a warm vibe. He was there with heart on his sleeve to make your day. Not a thing easy to explain but... a man all exposed, with incredibly thin, sensitive skin, translucent to his inner light. He is the man who most of his life performs in front of huge audience, makes millions, has huge entourage of pleasers... yet you still see that humble glimpse when he looks at the crowd if you liked it. He cares if you are safe (take in count that from stage you see max 3-5 rows or so). Even when something came off so well he surprised himself, he glimpsed happily You got it? This is good, isn`t it?  If you leave him be and be as free as he wants to be, he is the most enthusiastic, entertaining critter ever; never grown up to full adult in his best: sensitive, perceptive, curious, enjoying, enthusiastic. 

Consistency and honesty. He is who he is, take it or let be. No bullshit or sugarcoat. Right or wrong, he`s not afraid to present opinions, which are not pleasing, or which are unusual or contradictory to common. He used to be open, learned hard not to be; these "unfitting pieces" on first glimpse sometimes fit in incredible way, when you change the perspective to wider. Or question what you think was as a matter of course.

Resilience. The man miserably failed in his life (I`m pretty sure he precisely knows how basement of rock bottom looks alike) so many times and yet he managed to hold on and rise again. Extra points for not failing into addiction. 

Yes, I love his jelly-thick vibe. One of a kind.

I think your description of why you love him is the best so far! You really know how to express exactly what he is like and how you love that in him, and actually I couldn't agree more :) lovely to read but we both forgot one important thing, that is not entirely music related! HIS MOVES haha :D the man has some unique moves of his own, also idk about you but I love the way he dresses Always have, thow hen he hid himself under big hats and sunglasses in the 2013-14 era still his jackets were awesome as fuck! 

His stubbornness. It's probably not something that one should aspire to, but I find it admirable non the less.

I also admire how selective he is with social media, unlike most celebrities these days. Let's be honest, we all were expecting frequent rants when he first got on Twitter and yet thus far it's been relatively tame and sane (sans the outright abuse of emojis).

Just now, GNRmello77 said:

I think your description of why you love him is the best so far! You really know how to express exactly what he is like and how you love that in him, and actually I couldn't agree more :) lovely to read but we both forgot one important thing, that is not entirely music related! HIS MOVES haha :D the man has some unique moves of his own, also idk about you but I love the way he dresses Always have, thow hen he hid himself under big hats and sunglasses in the 2013-14 era still his jackets were awesome as fuck! 

Thanks!

I payed my hard-earned bucks, got baked for hours on fence and had so good time on rail (I expected much but no one could make me ready for them live) I was roaming Prague in deep existential crisis next day like... what to expect from life after this what not. 

2 hours ago, D.. said:

Overall I'm glad he exists, he has been a benefit in my life. Lot of good vibes, positive energy. The only thing I was able to say to him was "Thank you" and "Chinese Democracy is a masterpiece" or something like that. He is a very good human being.

I adapted some of the things he does onstage and it gives me tons of energy, I can make other`s day better with it, it`s just like that, I`m passing it on.

Just now, GNRmello77 said:

...also idk about you but I love the way he dresses Always have, thow hen he hid himself under big hats and sunglasses in the 2013-14 era still his jackets were awesome as fuck! 

I think about his stage outfits as a kind of armor or hideout, if needed; if he feels good and secure, it goes down, even that waist shirt, still a look! His outfit is as honest and I-don`t-give-a-fuck-to-please-anybody as "infit".

I respect that he sticks to his guns, and doesn't give a flying fuck about the consequences of doing what he thinks is right. It's actually the main thing I like about him, after his voice. 

I don't think he's perfect by any means (I'm sure we'll have a 'what do you hate about Axl' thread to even this one out soon enough😉), but I certainly appreciate certain parts of his personality. 

Finally, in a time when we're losing so many great iconic musicians, I think we should appreciate Axl and the other musicians we look up to while we can. Not saying to put the blinders on for when they put on a crap show or release a crap song, but let's face it, when the day comes that there's no more Axl it's gonna be a very sad day for all. Hopefully it's many, many years away, but you can never know!

As bumble said 'enjoy it for what it is'.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2