Things that you admire about Axl (Not musically related)

2 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

I admire his physical conditioning in 91-93. I have no idea how he was able to run on stage and sing at the same time. To me, that's not talent, it's just hard work. Kind of musically related, but not absolutely.

It was incredible that a performer could sustain that level of intensity for almost 3 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

I agree! Was there another more demanding performance in Music? The dancing singers, I guess...but do they really sing the way Axl would?!

I think most of them lip sync at least parts of the show. Axl actually sung although sometimes he'd sound a little out of breath. The fact that he was a smoker at the time makes it more impressive.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 1

ya it appeared axl was or could've been a great long distance marathon runner 

for him to run and sing and dance and keep going without losing his breath means he was in shape at a whole other level 

he looked really healthy during 91-94 - like pretty amazing, bad that he was having mental issues at the same time b/c health wise he was probably tip top

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

15 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Well, for 56 he still seems very healthy on stage.

Has anybody else noticed that at the beginning of the NITLT he was wearing mainly sneakers and was moving/dancing much more on stage?

Once he traded those for cowboy boots full time he was still moving around...but not at that level

Yeah, he had to wear those sneakers cause his ankle/foot was still healing post surgery...but once he was 100% it was back to his fave cowboy boots! :lol:

It's hard to run as fast in them and we don't want another mishap! Because it would be back to the cast and Dave's big 'ol throne lol!!!!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah, he had to wear those sneakers cause his ankle/foot was still healing post surgery...but once he was 100% it was back to his fave cowboy boots! :lol:

It's hard to run as fast in them and we don't want another mishap! Because it would be back to the cast and Dave's big 'ol throne lol!!!!

Yes, the problem with his boots is that  are very pointed and is hard run with these boots, very uncomfortable:lol:

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

I know...you would think right? He loves em so much, he is immune to the uncomfortableness lol!

The sneakers are comfortables and plus Axl's look much better and more modern, but maybe because the snakers don't have heel, he not feel comfortable, i read that shoes without absolutely heels don't is good to back bone.

• Like 1

Fiirst : there will never be another axl Rose; second , he left his family, brother and sister, to risk everything for his dream of being a rock n roll singer, not only did he endure homelessness and shitty living conditions ; he never gave up! It was like his tattoo said ‘victory or death’ , was and is an inspiration, I was told by youth group leaders and church goers and friends and parents, that people in rock n roll did drugs and were evil, especially him, at the time I believed it , but in high school he stood out to me, and I was told by smart people to never judge someone by what people say or what u hear , but by learning the truth for yourself , I’m glad I didn’t judge him until I was an adult( I was confused , how could someone’s music be so positive yet everyone said he was bad , people forget about their perceived reputation, it was horrible , in 88’) also the same could be said about the original band, they were driven, possessed muscly , and I love them all🤟👍🎩

Musically 

• Like 3

On 2/17/2018 at 5:52 PM, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I admire Axl for the interviews he did in the early 90s, discussing issues related to his childhood.

A lot of people dismiss everything he said, because he went overboard with regression therapy, past lives etc., but if you manage to look past the unscience of it, those interviews were great.

"unscience"? Also who dismisses everything HR said? 

On 2/17/2018 at 8:49 AM, RJ88 said:

We should all be happy that there's no #outAxlRose2k18

Those Hedley stories/accusations are disgusting and vile. 

If Axl ever tries to be relevant again someone will bring up his past. 

I just hope in response Axl sings It’s So Easy at an award show...he could single handily end #metoo simply by not caring. 

15 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

If Axl ever tries to be relevant again someone will bring up his past. 

I just hope in response Axl sings It’s So Easy at an award show...he could single handily end #metoo simply by not caring. 

Axl can't single handedly stop anything 

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2018 at 4:09 AM, Srushti7 said:

The fact that Axl came through so much hell, trauma, pain, abuse (physical, psychological), came from absolutely nothing, a small town boy who worked his ass off and became the ultimate Rock God of the LA hard rock scene, and eventually the whole world. The depth of his songwriting, vocals, composition, his dedication to his band, the fact that he became clean for his band to not loose sight, etc. I absolutely fucking love his "I don't give a fuck" attitude. I love how he'll speak his mind without caring what anyone thinks of him. 

His performing during the Use Your Illusion tour inspires me. You can see he gives every bit of his body to performing. 

Axl Rose to me is hope. When I look at him, I see hope, I sense that no matter what life puts you through, there's always a way out. You just have to get up and put up fight for what you believe in. Those "rants" of him aren't rants to me. They're motivational speeches for me. 

There's things he's done that I don't think I'll ever get comfortable with but those things happened 30 years ago and I don't wanna hold anything against him. I'm sure he's changed and that he deeply regrets his actions. 

I don't care if this sounded cheesy/corny, this (and more) is what I feel about Axl Rose. And I'm happy he's back with Slash, Duff. 

I adore the fact that he worked so hard and overcame all of the hardships that he faced. It's really impressive that (judging by the few recent interviews he's given) he's not all that bitter about his life. He seems to be genuinely happy with himself as well as with life despite all the times he has been knocked down and dragged through the mud. Thank you for pointing these things out! This is a lovely thread.

Edited by RebelRose97
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1