New Alan Partridge Series

Len Cnut

10 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

DAZN has footie?

Theoretically yes however I have tried doing this to obtain a genuine BEin or NBCSN pass in the past and you need an American address linked to your debit card to sign up it seemed long so I gave up 

If I recall correctly I heard Eddie Hearn saying it gives you all the footy.  I hope that weren't just some hallucination of mine. 

25 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

so i get this thing and i can watch any and every yank only thing?

You can watch anything in other countries that have a geo-restriction. Just need to be careful that they don't require a subscription also though as you can't use a UK credit card and billing address. I might be able to help you get around that though. ;) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I've got a US credit card registered at an address in Nashville. :lol: 

In your name?  How can you do that, you ain't a resident there you dodgy bastard :lol:  I guess baby Evie is technically half a yank by birth but still, that don't account for your big wobbley white arse.

On 14/02/2018 at 4:21 PM, Len Cnut said:

He's got another series!  A second series!  Yes sir, 25 years since KMKWAP he's comin' back as 'the voice of Brexit', basically its gonna be like The One Show hosted by Alan Partridge, this is gonna be the fuckin' bollocks clearly, as is everything Partridge!

Holy shit a Alan Partridge thread on a GNR Forum!! Finally he's made it. 

I missed the first episode but will get it on catch up 

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't get Nord to work with iPlayer. This time made it through the "Do you have a licence?" screen, but the video wouldn't play. No matter, I engaged some pirates and acquired the two episodes. Watched the first last night.

10/10. I am weary to award any item a perfect score, but I'm really struggling to find any fault with the first episode. It started very strong and continued in that manner for the entire episode, not a dull moment IMO. Excited to see the second episode, though tonight is Grand Tour night.

I'm enjoying the new series, Partridge is great :headbang: One of my favourite Steve Coogan series is The Trip, it should still be on Netflix. He plays a fictionalised version of himself on a road trip with a fictionalised version of Rob Brydon, really funny and offers an interesting insight into both of them as you're not always sure where the line blurs between real and kayfabe.

This is the trailer for the movie version, but honestly I think the series is better as it's not a cut down version :)

• Like 2