Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 48: Alan Niven

2 hours ago, downzy said:

To each their own, but for me, I think Niven takes R&R a little too seriously.  

I've always thought the devil imagery and innuendo was all tongue-and-cheek.  Niven's distaste for this kind of makes me wonder if I'm missing something or if he is.  

I felt that way too, but to each their own!

highlights so far

50m45s - "Guess what, everybody in GNR suffered from depression at certain point..."

55m52s - "I dont know if you have any creedence in things like astrology, I do. (...) But if you do Axl's birth chart and you look at it (...) how the hell does he get through life anyway"

59m14s - "When Axl wrote Civil War I got incredibly excited at that because I thought he was (...) gonna make statements that I found worth while and important for people to hear through the medium of his creativity"

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

The Niven bomb drop about Izzy has even been played on loop on Planet Rock radio news here in England as the lead story!

Amazing. I appreciate everyone letting me know where this interview is popping up. It's crazy to me.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I do feel that he didn't need to say TB isn't the best management in the same breath as complimenting what they've done for Axl's life. My feeling it's like an ex-athlete critiquing moves made by a current player, not a personal attack. Now his views on Doug Goldstein is another matter.

Btw I was just told "yes" to an interview with Ernie C from Body Count. We'll see where that goes...

Edited by Gambit83
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

I do feel that he didn't need to say TB isn't the best management in the same breath as complimenting what they've done for Axl's life. My feeling it's like an ex-athlete critiquing moves made by a current player, not a personal attack. Now his views on Doug Goldstein is another matter.

Btw I was just told "yes" to an interview with Eddie C from Body Count. We'll see where that goes...

You mean ernie c? Awesome

• Like 2