Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

I'd like to bring up to the discussion that some people are saying that Izzy walked out because of a disagreement with Steve, but as we remember Steve left saying he'll only play with GNR again if Izzy is also there.

It's either Izzy and Steve went a little crazy over the years or it is, in fact, a money problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

What about during the Illusions tour? Nearly every DTJ was preceded by Axl ranting about Izzy!

Whatever they talked about in early 2000 changed everything. I think 02 Axl said some things about Izzy as far as his skill and turning his amp off but ever since it’s been 

“Izzy will do what Izzy wants to do and I have no idea what that is right now” 

Izzy clearly is the dominant person in that relationship. I like when he was talking about Axl bringing out a notebook to pin point an exact things he had said on an exact date at an exact time to prove his point. This just tells me Axl is as crazy as the rest of us but also Izzy doesn’t give a shit about Axl’s feelings. Which makes their relationship the oddest and surprisingly most normal of all the members 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Izzy likely hung up, he didn’t walk out. He was offered a percentage but definitely not a respectable percentage and said no way. 

Izzy is the only person Axl will not speak badly of no matter how much they disagree. I think Axl would have genuinely liked to have had Izzy around on tour, but somewhere on the workload and payload Izzy would receive is where things went south. Plus given that Axl would have kept Fortus on stage with Izzy made things complicated. 

Somewhere between Duff going to the studio with Izzy and Izzy getting a twitter account is where things went wrong. Izzy used twitter to voice his displeasure in his own way on the situation  and even let us know he wouldn’t be in Vegas. 

So we know based on Izzy’s actions that money was a factor and 100% sure he was in the original plans for the reunion. 

And it adds to the list of odd things that happened leading to the reunion

- Slash pulling a last minute move to secure more money for the tour

- Axl’s canceled Kimmel performance in which he was going to announce the reunion according to Howard Stern

- Izzy joining twitter with odd messages 

- Chris Pittman kicked out.

- Adler hurts his back at rehearsals. 

- Ashba says he was asked to stay 

So it begs the question...how different was the reunion when we saw it unleashed in April of 16 compared to the original concept of the reunion drawn up in 2015? 

I think that this was the initial line-up:

Axl

Slash

DJ

Richard

Duff

Frank

Dizzy

Chris

Izzy (additional)

Steven (additional)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

As slightly different as that is from what we were given it would have been an absolute shitshow from all angles haha 

Just with DJ on board. I will never get why Axl wanted to keep him :facepalm: Robin would've been a much better choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

DJ Ashba could have easily been kicked out. Axl is very loyal but DJ just wasn't around that long, the fans hated him and I think keeping him would have just been Axl being nice. He would have been really unnecessary if the line up would have been like it is now + him.

Fortus has been with Axl/GNR for nearly 20 years. Many fans don't appreciate him but you have to remember he was always loyal to Axl and always stayed in the band. He didn't even consider leaving when Slash wanted him so I don't think there was ever a thought about kicking him out in Axls mind. It's much more likely that with Izzy there he might would have left by himself just so the AFD5/UYI6 could tour on their own. Same goes for Frank.

I actually appreciate them both for staying by Axls side for that long, Axl needs good people in his life and they seem like they are good people.

• GNFNR 1

Very interesting.

Gilby, Adler, Izzy were all asked and were offered a role of some sort in this tour. Also interesting that Matt was never asked. 

Also makes the 2016 Brazil interview with Axl and Duff very interesting when they were talking about Izzy. There must have been some very severe disagreements.

Here’s an interesting thought. There may have been a technical AFD5 reunion at that soundcheck if Steven was also there. No one just got to see it lol.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Very interesting.

Gilby, Adler, Izzy were all asked and were offered a role of some sort in this tour. Also interesting that Matt was never asked. 

Also makes the 2016 Brazil interview with Axl and Duff very interesting when they were talking about Izzy. There must have been some very severe disagreements.

Here’s an interesting thought. There may have been a technical AFD5 reunion at that soundcheck if Steven was also there. No one just got to see it lol.

Matt apparently was asked aswell but turned it down cause of the money

5 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Niven and Izzy are tight. They were close in GnR and Niven was Izzy's manager with Ju Ju Hounds. I'm sure they talk. If he's saying Izzy is unhappy (again, not exactly a stretch to imagine given Izzy's passive aggressive tweets) - I don't see why we can't take Niv at his word. This is very different from Vicky Hamilton saying something about this situation. Niven actually has (present tense) a relationship with Izzy and Slash.

Niven said in the podcast that he hasn't talked to Izzy in years and only gets his info from a mutual friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Whatever they talked about in early 2000 changed everything. I think 02 Axl said some things about Izzy as far as his skill and turning his amp off but ever since it’s been 

“Izzy will do what Izzy wants to do and I have no idea what that is right now” 

Izzy clearly is the dominant person in that relationship. I like when he was talking about Axl bringing out a notebook to pin point an exact things he had said on an exact date at an exact time to prove his point. This just tells me Axl is as crazy as the rest of us but also Izzy doesn’t give a shit about Axl’s feelings. Which makes their relationship the oddest and surprisingly most normal of all the members 

Agreed. Their relationship is a weird one. I recall Izzy saying something like how even if Axl is pissed, he'll always be able to talk him down because of their days in Indiana giving them a deeper understanding of each other.

52 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Niven said in the podcast that he hasn't talked to Izzy in years and only gets his info from a mutual friend.

Thanks for clearing that up. Guess Niv is out of the loop also then.

Edited by RONIN

56 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

He knows a lot more that he couldn’t share.

You could tell he thought about some questions longer than others and paused here and there to be extra cautious with his answers? Who could blame him though. He knows the click bait boys will be out ready to cut and paste everything he said.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1