Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

7 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Angry much? Your first assessment is incorrect, Izzy was never asked to participate in full blown reunion. From what we “know” he was at that one sound check but don’t know exactly why he left. There is no “end of story” because none of us really know unless your name rhymes with Smaxl Smose. 

Fuck yeah, I'm angry. I wanted the Appetite Five. No apologies.

But...

The first two words in my reply are: "MY OPINION".

And yes, I DO BELIEVE that Izzy AND Steven were asked to be involved in this reunion before the Troubadour show. 

IZZY got fucked over due to money.

Steven got fucked over because he's Steven.

And no, KURT19 doesn't rhyme with Smaxl Smose.

Edited by KURT19
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Angry much? Your first assessment is incorrect, Izzy was never asked to participate in full blown reunion. From what we “know” he was at that one sound check but don’t know exactly why he left. There is no “end of story” because none of us really know unless your name rhymes with Smaxl Smose. 

No, not true.  There is some indication he was asked....confirmed by multiple sources (Adler, Izzy himself, others with ties to the band, but it isn’t certain...similarly, We don’t actually “know” he was at that one sound check either.  We have a guy on your show claiming he was told this...and another poster with a friend claiming she saw him...that makes it likely true, but not confirmed by any stretch.  

• GNFNR 2

9 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

He has friends in the current camp. 

I doubt he has a friend in the GNR camp. This guy is 30 years removed, and anybody he knew has been replaced. Before Izzy spoke confirmed his non involment with the reunion in Twitter, Alan Niven said in an interview that Izzy was currently writing songs with the band. He stated it with an air of certainty, too. And, I’m certain everybody here can agree that he was full of shit about that statement. The sound check story is fucking silly. If so Steven would have known and opened his mouth.

4 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I doubt he has a friend in the GNR camp. This guy is 30 years removed, and anybody he knew has been replaced. Before Izzy spoke confirmed his non involment with the reunion in Twitter, Alan Niven said in an interview that Izzy was currently writing songs with the band. He stated it with an air of certainty, too. And, I’m certain everybody here can agree that he was full of shit about that statement. The sound check story is fucking silly. If so Steven would have known and opened his mouth.

he does, but believe what you want.

Edited by Gambit83
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

he does, but believe what you want.

Check out his Mitch Lafon interview where he said Izzy was writing with the band. It turned out to be a complete fabrication. I don’t need to believe anything to know he has an established history of fabricating Izzy “facts”. I’m not being combative. I believed Alan in the past and it’s a fool me once type of thing for me personally.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

6 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Check out his Mitch Lafon interview where he said Izzy was writing with the band. It turned out to be a complete fabrication. I don’t need to believe anything to know he has an established history of fabricating Izzy “facts”. I’m not being combative. I believed Alan in the past and it’s a fool me once type of thing for me personally.

or perhaps he said something he wasn't supposed to or plans changed.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

What is that from?

I don't have the actual source, I believe that picture was shown from Duff's camp during the vegas shows, probably early AC/DC summer tour.

I always had that setlist in mind, that Izzy was involved at one point. 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, Think About You and Pretty Tied Up. No Chinese. I thought back then it was the Appetite 5 setlist. 

Duff_McKagan_Twitter.jpg

Alan seems to have a little Izzy crush. 

Fact is Izzy hasn’t even toured his own material since 93. Axl, Slash & Duff have grafted & toured. 

He hasn’t really shown any interest in the music business at a big level. I can see why he’s not there.

2 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I don't have the actual source, I believe that picture was shown from Duff's camp during the vegas shows, probably early AC/DC summer tour.

I always had that setlist in mind, that Izzy was involved at one point. 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, Think About You and Pretty Tied Up. No Chinese. I thought back then it was the Appetite 5 setlist. 

Duff_McKagan_Twitter.jpg

This is from when Duff joined in 2014 so your wrong there pal.

That setlist photo does make sense for a lineup with Izzy in mind. If a true photo, it aligns with Axl saying he originally didn’t even bother with the Chinese songs and that Duff and Slash did truly come to him offering to play the ones they liked. As the lineup progressed the Izzy songs were cut out and Slash and Duff’s acceptance of CD led to that setlist with Chinese songs thrown in. As the tour progressed Axl was very happy playing CD songs live and added more as it went on. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Of course he has friends in the GNR camp. Don't worry, the greater majority of everyone here believes you. There's no reason to doubt you or your guests credibility. 

Sure, the music world is little and almost all  know between theys,agreed.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You don't know who Izzy is??? :facepalm:

He is the ORIGINAL Guns N' Roses rythm guitarist and founding member, songwriter of many of the tunes that made GN'R popular and that hacks like Fortus and Ferrer are now playing live for fans like you, who cannot understand the relevance of each original band member.

When he left GN'R was already big and they imploded right after. Izzy was there since DAY 1 and was part of the rise and fall of GN'R. Everything that happened after 1992 or 1993 is completely irrelevant to the success of this band.

I have never underestimated Izzy on my previous post. I know who he is, I know what he has done for the band. What I don't know is why the fuck is he expecting to "split the loot equally" (TOURING LOOT, there is no such thing as songwriting here since this is only tour related) when he NEVER wanted to tour back in the UYI days. When things got big (and I mean stadium-like big) he left the band, leaving them with no rythm guitarrist.

Songwriting and being a founding member does not apply here since we are only talking about touring. And Izzy Stradlin has never liked to tour. That's a fact. Richard Fortus has been touring with Guns N' Roses for almost 20 years now. And Frank more than 10. What I'm saying is that they KNOW they are hired hands.

Now, if this dicussion about the money split was because a potential new album, then I would agree with you. It should be 1/5 for each. But this isn't what is happening now. Izzy wants to come back after 26 years, to TOUR and pretending to earn as much as Slash and Duff do. Nobody knows how reliable could Izzy be for a huge tour like NITL. Call me what you want but i think that he lost his mind.

Do you seriously thought that Izzy was going to tour the world for 2 years playing Prostitute and other Chinese Democracy songs? Lol. IF he was considered to be in the reunion, he would have played some songs. And that doesn't justify being paid the same as the big 3... Think about it.

I don't know, it just sounds stupid in my head.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Izzy this, Izzy that...Personally, the most interesting part is that shortly after the was 'out' and posed tweets - Izzy DID come out with intention to play.

3 guitars? Bull shit! Check out Rio '91 and Rio 2017, Izzy doesn't need a second guitar player. Slash and Izzy is a killer combo. 

There is actually a third guitar at some of the songs, because Melissa adds some guitar chords with her synths.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

What I don't know is why the fuck is he expecting to "split the loot equally" (TOURING LOOT, there is no such thing as songwriting here since this is only tour related) when he NEVER wanted to tour back in the UYI days. When things got big (and I mean stadium-like big) he left the band, leaving them with no rythm guitarrist.

Because he KNOWS his worth. Don't you negotiate your salary or whatever money you get from your job, either from an employer or a client?

26 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Songwriting and being a founding member does not apply here since we are only talking about touring. And Izzy Stradlin has never liked to tour. That's a fact. Richard Fortus has been touring with Guns N' Roses for almost 20 years now. And Frank more than 10. What I'm saying is that they KNOW they are hired hands.

Oh, really?

Whose songs are they playing? Bon Jovi's?? Britney Spears?? It is Izzy who also wrote those songs, the material they play at the shows belongs to Izzy too. That's a fact.

28 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Izzy wants to come back after 26 years, to TOUR and pretending to earn as much as Slash and Duff do. Nobody knows how reliable could Izzy be for a huge tour like NITL. Call me what you want but i think that he lost his mind.

Dude. Izzy is a legend! He wants to earn as much as Slash and Duff because he is a founding member of the band, original guitar player, he put the seed and participated of the most important musical achievements of GN'R!!! :facepalm:

Slash and Duff also walked out of the band a few years after Izzy... does that make them unreliable? People change and evolve. Izzy is 54 years old, not 20 like in the GN'R golden era.

• Like 1