Izzy walked out on NITL in 2016 after soundcheck

6 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Some people are getting the dates wrong. Nashville was 2016 NITL north-american leg. The tweet about "the loot not splitted equally" is from november 2016 before the brazilian shows. So Izzy bitching about not getting the same as Slash and Duff is AFTER this Nashville incident.

I think Izzy was just upset nobody understood the covers he was posting on twitter had meanings lyrically to his current situation 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think Izzy was just upset nobody understood the covers he was posting on twitter had meanings lyrically to his current situation 

Izzy's loot tweet was in response to Axl and Duff's interview with that brazilian newspaper, where Axl basically said that Izzy is unpredictable and that he can think one thing one day, and one thing another day. It was literally like the next day, or something like that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sosso said:

There is actually a third guitar at some of the songs, because Melissa adds some guitar chords with her synths.

I don't have a gifted enough ear to hear it but I once saw a guitar teacher video on YouTube and he mentioned that there is a 3rd guitar part on the recorded version of WTTJ (played by Izzy or Slash).

8 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

as a matter of fact - no. 1) you seem to forget when that thing Arlett was talking about took place and how long post that VR went on, as a matter of fact even post Weiland time when they went on a hunt for new singer. I see that ironed out many moons ago.

2) I am glad you find Ferrer competent, that makes at least one...99% of the fans can't stand him. We had many reliable sources who later proved right, saying that 'one of the 2' can't stand Frank. So much about his competency...I even recall that one of the 2 did try to bring Matt in already, anyone remember the story?

Now with Rio PRO shot, Ax would be stupid to keep him in much longer.

As for Ax per se, what he does or says is totally irrelevant. Remember where the titel of this tour came from? He claimed in 2012 Slash would be the last person on the Earth he would be in a band with....He also did say 1992 that 'I plan for Matt to explode on the next record'...

99% is a stretch for the side that doesn't like him as a drummer. 

You're probably closer to 5-10% in reality. On here it might be closer to 90, but in the real world where people don't stress about the gnr drummer adding extra ghost notes in the verse of brownstone😋 they the majority had nothing negative to say about his playing.

Frank will be there for the foreseeable, get on with your life... It's not that big of a deal!

OH SHIT

Here it is - from the Nashville show!

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-12/guns-n-roses-fan-claims-band-objected-to-where-s-izzy-sign

Fan says Guns N' Roses security found and destroyed her 'Where's Izzy' poster in Nashville

A fan claims Guns N' Roses security ripped up her 'Where's Izzy' sign at Nashville's Nissan Stadium after the band asked for it to be removed.

Caroline Campos made the sign similar to one which can be seen in the Don't Cry music video – and is also a reference to the band's former guitarist Izzy Stradlin, who is not involved in the reunion tour.

She held it up as former GNR drummer Steven Adler joined the band on stage to play My Michelle and Out Ta Get Me.at the weekend. She claims Axl Rose saw the sign and started laughing – but the security team and stage crew later "swarmed" the area to find and destroy it.

Campos says: "When the original drummer Steven Adler came out to play his set, I held up my sign with cheers from most of the people in my section. Axl looked at my sign and started laughing and said, 'That's a good question!' He seemed to appreciate the sign.

"I put the sign away during actual performances so I wouldn't block the people behind me, only held it up between songs when the lights came on. But about 10 to 15 minutes later, while GNR were playing November Rain, our section got swarmed by security and stage crew with headsets on."

Rpg4d97.jpg

• Like 4

That kind of story goes along with those old "no Slash shirt" stories. For years, I was adamant that anyone who said the no Slash shirt things was real were absolutely full of shit. Then, when I went to see GN'R in Chicago in 2012 at the House of Blues, I saw it happen with my own two eyes. I watched security go through the line and make anyone with a Slash shirt turn it inside out. They even made a guy with a T Rex shirt do the same "just in case". It was insane. If I hadn't seen it myself, I would have never believed it.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sosso said:

fdP4PEr.jpg

The passive-aggressiveness of this photo :wub:

45 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That kind of story goes along with those old "no Slash shirt" stories. For years, I was adamant that anyone who said the no Slash shirt things was real were absolutely full of shit. Then, when I went to see GN'R in Chicago in 2012 at the House of Blues, I saw it happen with my own two eyes. I watched security go through the line and make anyone with a Slash shirt turn it inside out. They even made a guy with a T Rex shirt do the same "just in case". It was insane. If I hadn't seen it myself, I would have never believed it.

In 2012?? Wow, I thought this was a thing from the NuGNR first years :o 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Are you saying the rest of the guys were "partying" during the tour....that's why Izzy didn't join? 

Even if Axl/Slash/Duff are sober (and I think Axl drinks, doesn't he?), touring with GNR, it's not going to be hard to find a party. 

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

You're probably closer to 5-10% in reality. On here it might be closer to 90, but in the real world where people don't stress about the gnr drummer adding extra ghost notes in the verse of brownstone😋 they the majority had nothing negative to say about his playing.

Frank will be there for the foreseeable, get on with your life... It's not that big of a deal!

Frank is preventing me from seeing the concerts or 'get on with your life' is a stretch. of course, Melissa and Fartus don't help being there. we'll see how long who will remain in the band.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I don't have a gifted enough ear to hear it but I once saw a guitar teacher video on YouTube and he mentioned that there is a 3rd guitar part on the recorded version of WTTJ (played by Izzy or Slash).

There are 3 parts on most GNR songs. Izzy's side, Slash's side, and a lead over both at various parts. That's part of the reason why Axl wanted and had 3 players for the 2001-2014 band.

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

They even made a guy with a T Rex shirt do the same "just in case".

That reminds me of Atlantic City 2012; a girl with a T Rex t-shirt jumped on stage. Was a bit awkward at first glance cuz Bolan was wearing his top hat on the tee.

@Black Sabbath do you remember this?

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Remember you saying about that

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

and yes...I was reffering to fans. 5-10% ppl of the stadium shows are probably a die hard fans.

here you get fans. probably 80% of the concert goers don't own more than 1 cd and 50% don't even know Slash and Duff were out or who is currently on stage playing in front of them.

I am not a new fan, I saw the UYI line up and have 0 interest in this half assed money grab.

Reunion tour means a tour where ppl reunite, not a semi reunion where the past members that want in - stay out.

It would have been a totally different thing if Izzy/Gilby/Matt didn't want in, but I will not pay a ticket to see this after seeing the 90's band.

Edited by shotsfired cro
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Not on Axl’s command, though. He commented on that right here on this forum, didn’t he...