06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

6 hours ago, felixGNR said:

BS. AC/DC most expensive ticket for stadiums show (NY/NJ) was $140 plus fees, saw metallica at an arena in long island most expensive  ticket  $200, stadium tour $160

I have the Bon Jovi ticket right on my desk. I went to the concert  on May 10th, 2018 at MSG.  For section 227 Row 10 seat 20, I paid face value of $109.75. TicketMaster then added their fee of $26.15. That's $135 for a seat that I couldn't see the band. Bon Jovi had one  small monitor to view the band.  You said that I was BSing. 

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

axl deliberately chose to NOT sing the song the way it was recorded

instead, he chose to sing it in a completely different way that absolutely did not fit the song

He's literally done that more often than not, with the covers GNR have done.

Edited by moreblack

15 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I have the Bon Jovi ticket right on my desk. I went to the concert  on May 10th, 2018 at MSG.  For section 227 Row 10 seat 20, I paid face value of $109.75. TicketMaster then added their fee of $26.15. That's $135 for a seat that I couldn't see the band. Bon Jovi had one  small monitor to view the band.  You said that I was BSing. 

Why in the fuck would you pay that much to see Bob Jovi lol...

especially in a seat where you can’t even see.  Good grief

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

https://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/musik/guns-n-roses/versemmeln-tourauftakt-in-berlin-55896568.bild.html

Here we go.  A show that turned into disaster! First reviews of this terrible show in german media outlets.  The writer says he is a die hard Gunner that grew up watching Tokyo UYI vids, saw a great Axl Rose with AC/DC couple of years back but what he saw yesterday was a total disaster.

Says fans were leaving the show in big numbers very early, despite the expensie tickets.  Also mentiones Axl complained about tech issues but Duff singing Attitude was perfectly heard where as Axl voice was uncontrolibly coming and leaving with each verse.

Overall, nothing we hadn't heard yeasterday ourselves...

7 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

after seeing this - Slither performance was kick-ass...

I'm a massive Axl fan and have never been a basher of his voice at any point since joining this forum back in 2005 but that was an awful performance. He needs to pull it together. People have paid a lot of money to see them play. Not good enough from Axl. 

I went to both London shows this time last year and they were great, he was vocally fine for me, didn't notice any real issues and the crowd loved both shows. I said to myself that i would call it a day on GNR gigs after that as i doubted they would be back in Europe anyway this year and Axl was past his best. Anyway..... off to Download on Saturday then Tallin in July, hoping i have made the right decision and this gig was just his usual early tour false start. (Which is ALWAYS the case as people have already stated)

I hope for his sake and everyone else who has a ticket for this tour that he did have some kind of cold and the monitor was an issue or something. Doesn't usually sound that bad on the first show but this was particularly shit. 

Crossing fingers that he pulls out a much improved performance on Wednesday! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHelgo said:

I think it is cool that they did Slither.  I hope it remains part of the set - shows Axl is willing to at least recognize (and perhaps embrace) other members side project works.

Grammy winning, world touring, double-platinum-album-producing bands aren't exactly what you would call a side project.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lukigol said:

becouse he knows that he fucked up that gig the next one probably will be the best on tour, thats my guess

Axl is his own biggest critic and will be pissed off it went so badly i'm sure. Fingers crossed for a much improved performance as you say.

Back in 2006 and 2010 i always felt nervous before shows that he wouldn't turn up or would be very late and all hell would break loose. This is the first time i've had that feeling since then but also sadly its the first time it's been about the quality of the performance. 

I am a tad nervous for Download Festival on Saturday now lol! If that gig doesn't go smoothly it could get very messy. 

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Did you see the crowd in Germany?  There were shots of entire sections sitting with either their arms crossed or looking at their phones..  It looks like the excitement of the "reunion" is wearing off and the band will actually have to rely on their actual performance.. They didn't win anyone over with that yesterday.. Hope they figure shit out. 

Well sure, because they literally could not hear him. That is what some of the people who were there said. How the fuck can you enjoy music if you can't hear the singer and the music from the band sounds like crap because of the sound issues in the stadium. 

40 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Says fans were leaving the show in big numbers very early, despite the expensie tickets.  Also mentiones Axl complained about tech issues but Duff singing Attitude was perfectly heard where as Axl voice was uncontrolibly coming and leaving with each verse.

Overall, nothing we hadn't heard yeasterday ourselves...

Yes, some fans left after the 6th song, because they could not take it anymore. They could not hear Axl and the sound was atrocious. I feel so sorry for the fans who paid good money to deal with such inexcusable technical difficulties.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

You want me to attach pictures  of my ac/dc & metallica tickets to prove  you that gnr tickets are twice or so as much?

• Like 1

What they (Axl) should do now is:

Vocal coach and rehearsals. That´s number one. Number two is they need to change their setlist asap to songs that Axl can still sing decent. There are plenty of them, including classics too, like Don´t Cry, maybe 14 years etc. Songs, that he can´t sing anymore, should remove from the setlist. 

It´s so easy!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

You want me to attach pictures  of my ac/dc & metallica tickets to prove  you that gnr tickets are twice or so as much?

Knock yourself out if you want to. I already know that tickets are  expensive. Ticket prices for any artist should be  at most $75. Not over $100. 

2 hours ago, Kon1988 said:

How course the sound sucks balls, the stadium was built in the 1930s and was meant for sports. It's hard as hell to get good sound in these types of places

1992 - the Sound was better, according to fans on german facebook group

• Haha 1

It was bad experience to hear GNR in Berlin yesterday as I was in Gdansk in June 2017. They played very good and Axl vocals were decent. What happened in Berlin exactly? Axl vocals were bad and they cut setlist. I'm going to Tallinn. Hope to see better gig.  

• Like 1