06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

1 minute ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

ADon’t shoot me for saying this please, I don’t want conflict here but I’d say the best thing to take from this is that at least Axl publicly owned up to his bad vocals. I’d imagine he probably isn’t happy about it. I don’t recall him ever saying “I suck” onstage. Improvement will come.

Yes, he owned up to it and it wasn’t just him the problem. There were sound issues. 

Shit happens.

8 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Don’t shoot me for saying this please, I don’t want conflict here but I’d say the best thing to take from this is that at least Axl publicly owned up to his bad vocals. I’d imagine he probably isn’t happy about it. I don’t recall him ever saying “I suck” onstage. Improvement will come.

He's just playing humble to get an applause lol But I'm guessing that the word on the forums got to him, or he read it :axl: It's a good strategy though.

Edited by Propaganda

3 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

Please check the videos while he is moving and look at his belly.He is way fatter than last year.

The man looks great for 56. Kudos to him too, as I think he dropped a significant amount of weight following the 13/14 run to gear up for the NITL tour. 

If Axl was singing the way he was with AC/DC, I don't think many would be nitpicking at his weight.

13 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Don’t shoot me for saying this please, I don’t want conflict here but I’d say the best thing to take from this is that at least Axl publicly owned up to his bad vocals. I’d imagine he probably isn’t happy about it. I don’t recall him ever saying “I suck” onstage. Improvement will come.

Yep, the NILT Rock in Rio show had awful Axl vocals and he seemed really happy about it or not aware of it at all. 

It's an improvement.

I was in Berlin yesterday I had a good place so I could see what was happening around
The problem was not directly related to Axl vocal arts

First of all, the acoustics in the Olympic Stadium are always shitty and hard to mix and in the back rows of seats the sound has always been bad

second problem Axl or GNR probably wanted to respond to the criticism of the fans and has tried many songs a pitch lower and sing with a changed vocal line
At this too quickly implemented change failed the sound, in addition came sound and technical problems - Axl could not hear himself probably.

Duff's vocals sounded better because he sang as usual and nothing had to be changed in the sound All in all, you could see Axl and the technical team getting more and more nervous as a result of the problems, which caused more errors I must praise Axl because he overdid the problems very well he pulled the set professionally despite the problems and apologized during the concert also for it. Despite all the problems, the band and Axl did their best to please the fans. That the show ran only 2, 5 hours was based on the laws of Berlin the stadium is located in a residential area Many of these gossips in Germany have written an incredible shit Typically German just (shit I'm also German) The majority of the fans who bought good cards had their fun - despite poor sound quality and badly mixed vocals, The € 35 ticket cheap people have of course Soundmask behind

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Just for contrast here is ACDC a few years earlier in the same stadium. You don't have to watch very long to see the difference in the sound, the crowd and the vibe, onstage and off. From seats in the back.

Couldn’t the fact that the stadium was packed for AC/DC vs the stadium not nearly full for GNR have an effect on the sound. I could be totally wrong this is just my guess.

• Haha 1

Just now, edsonandhudson said:

Are you guys really blaming the stadium for the sound being bad? Come on! You can't be that blind/deaf. Jesus.

i think the general view is that Axl was shit yesterday as he normally is first show back but that the sound quality at the stadium was also an issue which may have made things worse. 

2 minutes ago, edsonandhudson said:

Are you guys really blaming the stadium for the sound being bad? Come on! You can't be that blind/deaf. Jesus.

Tell that to the hundreds of fan yesterday posting stuff like this on GNR's facebook. It was not the stadium but the sound engineers.

Renee Pörschke Awful sound, never been on a concert with such bad acoustics. Waste of money. Many people left earlier and were very disappointed

Hendrik Meyer Worst sound I ever heard on a live show - and I have seen a lot. Very very disappointed!! This was very unprofessional!!

Hendrik Schmahl I am very disappointed. Never come back to Berlin with such a sound. You shouldn't go 2 anywhere like this. I thought it would be something special. It has been. The ever worthless concert I habe been! You shouldn't save money by cheapest sound systems ever heard at Berlins great Olympiastadion. If there might be a next time, let me know and please state it. Otherwise, I am spending 100 Euro for something more funny!

Moritz Becker The sound was the worst I have ever heard on a live show!!! Some of the songs I could barely identify and I've been listening to Guns N'Roses a lot!! Also I have been looking forward to see AND LISTEN to Guns N'Roses live for years! So thanks for ruining that (had to leave after 45 min. to protect my ears from long term damage). I already wrote to the organizer "live nation" so I get my money back. Hopefully many more do the same!

Ivana Platilová We went from Prague to Berlin to see GnR and I must say it was probably our worst concert ever. We are very disappointed and upset. As most of the people have mentioned, the sound was really terrible and show and band performance was poor in comparison with last year. So we are leaving very sad 1f615.png😕

There are MANY more posts like that......

1 minute ago, bangit said:

i think the general view is that Axl was shit yesterday as he normally is first show back but that the sound quality at the stadium was also an issue which may have made things worse. 

Yes he’s always bad his first show back, but I truly think he has strep. If you listen to many of his botched notes they sound exactly like the bridge school show when he had strep then and sounded awful. Not trying to make excuses but imho I don’t think this was just rust from a long break.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

He's 56. He has earned the right to have a belly. I'm 33 and I have a belly like his :facepalm::rofl-lol:

Just NO.He is not looking good,he is looking good for a man 56 years old who doesnt take care of himself.

In addition,i was thinking about going to madrid show,i ve seen them 2006 2010,2017.But not like this.Im not going to pay to see the same show and worst singingi

1 minute ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Yes he’s always bad his first show back, but I truly think he has strep. If you listen to many of his botched notes they sound exactly like the bridge school show when he had strep then and sounded awful. Not trying to make excuses but imho I don’t think this was just rust from a long break.

I do tend to agree with this, could easily be an explanation but we shall see on Wednesday. If he is genuinely ill they should cancel Denmark (sorry Denamrk fans!) to give him time to recover or potentially risk fucking up the entire tour. Antibiotics for Axl please! lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

Just NO.He is not looking good,he is looking good for a man 56 years old who doesnt take care of himself.

In addition,i was thinking about going to madrid show,i ve seen them 2006 2010,2017.But not like this.Im not going to pay to see the same show and worst singingi

The Berlin show was a fluke. A well oiled machine like them will not let this happen again. Even if they have to postpone dates, I’m sure they wouldn’t let the atrocity of the other night happen again 

8 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

That would actually explain a lot. That with the technical problems probably resulted in the show that we had yesterday.

Edited by Endless2404

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Renee Pörschke Awful sound, never been on a concert with such bad acoustics. Waste of money. Many people left earlier and were very disappointed

Hendrik Meyer Worst sound I ever heard on a live show - and I have seen a lot. Very very disappointed!! This was very unprofessional!!

Hendrik Schmahl I am very disappointed. Never come back to Berlin with such a sound. You shouldn't go 2 anywhere like this. I thought it would be something special. It has been. The ever worthless concert I habe been! You shouldn't save money by cheapest sound systems ever heard at Berlins great Olympiastadion. If there might be a next time, let me know and please state it. Otherwise, I am spending 100 Euro for something more funny!

Moritz Becker The sound was the worst I have ever heard on a live show!!! Some of the songs I could barely identify and I've been listening to Guns N'Roses a lot!! Also I have been looking forward to see AND LISTEN to Guns N'Roses live for years! So thanks for ruining that (had to leave after 45 min. to protect my ears from long term damage). I already wrote to the organizer "live nation" so I get my money back. Hopefully many more do the same!

Ivana Platilová We went from Prague to Berlin to see GnR and I must say it was probably our worst concert ever. We are very disappointed and upset. As most of the people have mentioned, the sound was really terrible and show and band performance was poor in comparison with last year. So we are leaving very sad 1f615.png😕

There are MANY more posts like that.......

They are totally right...

• Like 1