06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How can anyone know they are doing something bad or wrong and insist with going that path?

There's no gain from what he's doing if he's doing it on purpose.

It just doesn't make sense to me :shrugs:

to make a point

to take a stand

"oh, you guys slash and duff want me to play that song slither from your velvet whatever band? ok, here is what you get, enjoy!"

"oh, you gnr fans want me to play those appetite for destruction songs that i been willing to bury since forever? ok, here is what you get, enjoy!"

I never thought I’d see the day where I’d say Scott over Axl, but today’s the day, Axl can’t hold a candle to Weiland’s voice on Slither...I would’ve ironically loved to hear Axl’s take on Slither in 2006 when he had the pipes for it.

• Like 2

Where do you guys rank slither in times of all time great songs? If that is your opinion of course. Yes Berlin happened, rough start but slither being played is cool. Eager to hear your takes, personally hold it up there among the best hard rock tracks.

15 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

to make a point

to take a stand

"oh, you guys slash and duff want me to play that song slither from your velvet whatever band? ok, here is what you get, enjoy!"

"oh, you gnr fans want me to play those appetite for destruction songs that i been willing to bury since forever? ok, here is what you get, enjoy!"

Hmmm.

Nope.

Why is everybody hitting the panic button? The first few shows are always a bit rough for Axl. He’ll get there. It would be nice if he showed up polished, but it is the way it is. It’s not like it’s something new for him to off on the first show. In addition to him being bad, apparently there was also legitimate PA issues. If it’s still this bad in a month, I’ll join you in pushing the button. Until then, chill man. 

• Like 4

I liked what Axl was going for with Slither's chorus, adding a little more melody by weaving in and out of the main melody and higher harmony.  Was it executed well?  Nope.  But it's just show number one.  Hopefully they keep it in the setlist and he gets a bit more comfortable with it.

• Like 2