06/06/18 - Odense, Denmark - Dyrskuepladsen

downzy

8 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm still not impressed with his vocals. Yeah, it was better than the Berlin gig, but being on par with the last gig of 2017 is still not good..

Oh yeah apart from Shadow I would say it was a fairly average night vocally, maybe above the 2017 average but it wasn't that impressive.

However compared to the Berlin gig it was many times better, he wasn't missing whole phrases and dropping notes all over the place for a start!

So slither sounded 10000 better and awesome and I'm gonna be honest - am I the onky one who felt they sped up SOYL a tad? I'e listened to the studio one a million times at this point I'm so used to a certain speed and it was kinda weird. Aside from that note - holy shit they played SOYL!

30 minutes ago, lenni19 said:

I know many of you dont like the seeker, i freaking love it, it was great to see i think the band loves it too. 

I was always abit blah about the seeker but since seeing them live last year I have to say it does work well live and it's a song most of the crowd knew, so it became kinda a sing along at the London stadium.

The band do seem to enjoy it.

• Like 2

Just now, koldweather said:

I was always abit blah about the seeker but since seeing them live last year I have to say it does work well live and it's a song most of the crowd knew, so it became kinda a sing along at the London stadium.

The band do seem to enjoy it.

It was Tommy`s idea to include this song into the setlist

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

So slither sounded 10000 better and awesome and I'm gonna be honest - am I the onky one who felt they sped up SOYL a tad? I'e listened to the studio one a million times at this point I'm so used to a certain speed and it was kinda weird. Aside from that note - holy shit they played SOYL!

yes. cuz they dont have a drummer, recruited a total moron called Frank Ferrer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

I know they have fans all over the globe but I could never enjoy a band that doesn't speak the same language as myself.  Is that wrong?

Yes, it is. I never paid attention at English class. I know I can say some weird things, but I'm very fluent at English, because of videogames, movies, reading news written in English... the company I work for...
without this, I wouldn't appreciate Guns N' Roses.

4 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

You'd think that if it was a problem (the pacing) the others (axl) would say something?

Frank receives way too much hate.

U eva wondered why? GNR is a company, not a band now, dont give a flying fuck for what they think. I pay my ticket myself. Frank is a shitty drummer who constantly fucks with GNR songs. Just because he's cheapto hire is not my concern. I'm a GNR fan, I wanna listen to GNR. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

U eva wondered why? GNR is a company, not a band now, dont give a flying fuck for what they think. I pay my ticket myself. Frank is a shitty drummer who constantly fucks with GNR songs. Just because he's cheapto hire is not my concern. I'm a GNR fan, I wanna listen to GNR. 

Oh, I get it.

I'm not denying your right to your opinion. I just feel Frank's drumming is the last thing to worry about in regards to the sound of the band.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Oh, I get it.

I'm not denying your right to your opinion. I just feel Frank's drumming is the last thing to worry about in regards to the sound of the band.

Nothing can touch somewhere near AFD 5, but the hired musicians were at least OK since Izzy and Steven, apart from Ferrer and Ashba (tobias not worth mentioning). They mite be very good musicians in a way, but not in GNR way.

22 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

You'd think that if it was a problem (the pacing) the others (axl) would say something?

Frank receives way too much hate.

To be fair I think they did. At the end of the first verse when Axl goes back towards the back of the stage he kind of shrugs his arms that Frank as if to say what's going on. It was really visible on the sideways view of the stage.

• Like 1

Don't know why I clicked on this but it is a good one.. They seem to have slowed it down a notch than they had been playing it and it sounds much better.. I think it helps immensely with Slash's solos and Axl sounded pretty good too.. One of the best renditions I can remember from the reunion.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Who is setting the temp for PC, Frank or Slash?  Seems like the obvious answer is Slash since he is the only common musician between these two videos.

You may not like Frank's drumming style or whatever but he is not the one to blame for the tempos.  GNR is not the only band that speeds songs up live vs. the recordings.  I know it is not a band on nearly the same level but go watch videos of Bowling for Soup performing 1985 (basically their only hit) live with the original members that recorded it within a year of the release.

I think you'd be right about Slash being one of the driving forces behind the tempo changes on the older songs. At 11:54 onwards Axl mentions Slash and Duff working with Frank and "picking up the tempo on some of the older songs".

Frank's drumming exactly the way they want him to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charliehoodger said:

And Axl was ahead of the band most the song. He'll be right next show 

Edited by Gibbo

8 hours ago, Derick said:

IDK, when it comes about art the language thing becomes irrelevant. If it’s interesting, people can learn new languages, beside that, music, as paint, it’s a kinda an universal language.. and the lyrics, It is not difficult to find translation, there are several specialized websites in this. 

Indeed, is great be a open mind person ,the world is very broad and has beautiful things , further our little world.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Setzer said:

All these armchair critics sitting at home watching some shitty Facebook stream :D

Atmosphere was great, despite the amount of beer consumed, thrown around, and fights breaking out - it was a great show altogether.

Which is what the greater majority of the fans on this board have been saying.

• Like 3