06/06/18 - Odense, Denmark - Dyrskuepladsen

downzy

Just now, colonizedmind said:

honestly Guns need to announce that fucking UK arena swing already...then you'll get some nutty crowds! Shows that 95% take place in the light do suffer, absolutely...
no matter how on fire you are, it's not the same atmosphere. 

Pretty fucking hard to do a show in the dark right in the middle of Summer in Europe...:blink:

31 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

I guess I'm in a bubble but that's ok. I like it. Pretty lucky to have grown up in "music city USA! 

Nashville is "music city"❓ you realize that people of all the world that include US people, enjoy OPERA and this is italian genre.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Setzer said:

Pretty fucking hard to do a show in the dark right in the middle of Summer in Europe...:blink:

Not in the old days :lol:
but yes, I'm not saying it can be different, I'm just responding to the person criticizing the crowds...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ratam said:

And SCORPIONS too😆

Well, yeah :P Of course I meant bands that sing in German :D

Regarding the show: Just from the few videos I've seen I'm enjoying this more than the show in Prague last year that I've been to...his voice seems stronger here. Will be interesting to see where he goes from here ;)

Edited by slammerjam
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, slammerjam said:

Well, yeah :P Of course I meant bands that sing in German :D

Regarding the show: Just from the few videos I've seen I'm enjoying this more than the show in Prague last year that I've been to...his voice seems stronger here. Will be interesting to see where he goes from here ;)

Here RAMMSTEIN is a very successful band, same SCORPIONS☺

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, koldweather said:

It was technically BETTER than the 86 performances of Shadow, where Axl kinda struggled a little with the notes and how to sing it (often taking the adjusted lower option), yesterday Axl more or less nailed the studio version, and it still had a good attack and intonation as well. The thing it was lacking compared to 86 is some of the depth he had in the voice in 86, but he made up for it by actually singing the notes correctly and still had reasonable rasp for most of the song. 

Marquee is better then those 86 shows anyway for this song and the way it was sang anyway, thats the best one to compare and contrast.

No. Not really. No.

He did good yesterday. Better than expected but it was far away from nailing the studio version. He had timing issues that can't be denied. And his voice wasn't by far as powerful as in studio or as back in the day.

Don't want to criticize him in any way but that's just the truth. Regardless, he delivered us some bad ass vocals during SOYL and considering his performance in Berlin that was very strong.

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

No. Not really. No.

He did good yesterday. Better than expected but it was far away from nailing the studio version. He had timing issues that can't be denied. And his voice wasn't by far as powerful as in studio or as back in the day.

Don't want to criticize him in any way but that's just the truth. Regardless, he delivered us some bad ass vocals during SOYL and considering his performance in Berlin that was very strong.

Oh yeah timing issues were dreadful, my main point was simply that from a pure musical point in terms of hitting notes with decent approach of voice. Undeniable and if I have to go second by second analysis to prove it from a technical point, I can ;)

However I understand where you are coming from...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Now I want a  GnR studio recording of Slither! 

You can hear what Axl is trying to do with the chorus, it would sound great if the volume levels would be better  (Duff louder as he is the lead vocal here).

While this performance was way better than in Berlin you can tell Axl's still searchin' for the right way to sing it. I think he'll improve if they keep it in their setlist.

I listened to this Slither version 3 times. It's fucking great. Can't wait for the Paris show. I really love Axl's take on it. Huge improvement in just one show. Axl, my man, always fighting and kicking ass. We need a studio version.

They brought back Coma to the setlist: PHEW!!! I'm relieved. We may have it in Paris :axl92:

Shadow of your love performance: loved it.

Axl looking all happy and healthy, oh oh... You know how it makes me feel? Happy. You know what it reminds me of? That's right, summertime. 

And the living is eaaaaasyyyyyy... Thank you Axl!

• Like 1

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/RLFXsvCDGDWR2Puvrj" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/RLFXsvCDGDWR2Puvrj">via GIPHY</a></p>

how can i insert gif in this post?

Edited by thanhpdt

10 hours ago, Alexmee239 said:

According to this , they've skipped 3 songs from the main setlist (Yesterdays , UTLH and OTGM/ My Michelle)

The joke of that is they skipped actual popular guns songs in favour of cover songs the majority would vote for them to skip instead. Ah whatever :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

While this performance was way better than in Berlin you can tell Axl's still searchin' for the right way to sing it. I think he'll improve if they keep it in their setlist.

This. He just doesn't sound comfortable singing it (yet). Personally I'd raise the key, I think they should bring it to E standard, Axl almost always sings better when it's in a higher key. He can obviously handle low tuned material, but that material is usually written by him so he works it around his voice, Slither is somebody else's voice and Scott had a completely different range to Axl. It's crazy to think they can just swap Scott out for Axl and Axl will sound great without changes. He sounds ok in spots (to be fair) but in other places it's not hitting. 

I would wonder if they heard him on that song before the Berlin soundcheck. IMO Slither isn't the obvious choice for Axls voice, I'd have went for Dirty little thing, fall to pieces or maybe even get out the door. Now, besides Fall to pieces none of them are huge songs, in comparison to Slither so I know why the choice was made.... however! those guys include Witchita lineman, deep CD cuts etc, so a deeper cut from VR wouldn't be too out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Setzer said:

1080p60 is ready, but it'll be 4K60 when YouTube is done :)

A little off topic but jesus technology is getting good. I remember ten years ago trying to upload a video to YouTube and having it barely come out in crappy 240p quality lol

13 hours ago, It’s So Easy said:

That woman is a legend. 

I’ve only been to one. Just 99 more to go. :wacko:

if you have enough money and obviously no children then it s easy to visit 100 shows. 

legend? not in my eyes. everyone with money could have done the same.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

This. He just doesn't sound comfortable singing it (yet). Personally I'd raise the key, I think they should bring it to E standard, Axl almost always sings better when it's in a higher key. He can obviously handle low tuned material, but that material is usually written by him so he works it around his voice, Slither is somebody else's voice and Scott had a completely different range to Axl. It's crazy to think they can just swap Scott out for Axl and Axl will sound great without changes. He sounds ok in spots (to be fair) but in other places it's not hitting. 

I would wonder if they heard him on that song before the Berlin soundcheck. IMO Slither isn't the obvious choice for Axls voice, I'd have went for Dirty little thing, fall to pieces or maybe even get out the door. Now, besides Fall to pieces none of them are huge songs, in comparison to Slither so I know why the choice was made.... however! those guys include Witchita lineman, deep CD cuts etc, so a deeper cut from VR wouldn't be too out of the ordinary.

You're right, I'd probably prefer another VR song too, but I get why they went with Slither. Obviously, like you said, it could be just Slither or FTP. And we don't know. Maybe they rehearsed FTP and it sounded like shit, who knows.

I still would love it when they try Anastasia some day after they see that Slither works.

Edited by Free Bird