06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

Just now, LovelessNL said:

Welcome to the world of 'package deals'. Organizer of one of the biggest festivals here in the Netherlands (Pinkpop) actually admitted he added a smaller extra stage (dubbed 'Stage 4') just to have a place were he can stick all the acts they HAVE to book just because they want to book some other, bigger, band.

Lol. They should always do a stage like that so you know what you’ll get. I mean, it CAN also be a great newcomer thing. Pink Slips on a bigger stage than Greta though?...

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Lol. They should always do a stage like that so you know what you’ll get. I mean, it CAN also be a great newcomer thing. Pink Slips on a bigger stage than Greta though?...

Yep, its crazy. Sure, they need some kids to open the stage at what? 1pm or so? But I think you'll get more people on the festivalgrounds by putting a 'hot' band like GvF in that spot then a band nobody knows and is completely out of place there.

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Those things piss me off. Maybe it shouldn’t but Greta Van Fleet are MUCH better then Pink Slips, they just don’t have a famous daddy.

Yes, it pisses me off too seeing a band not being given a fair chance. I don't think it does the festival many favours either, they should be helping to bring through new bands like this one. There are a couple of bands on main that nobody would care if Greta Van Fleet took their place but at least I know who they are....I'd have no idea who The Pink Slips are if I werent a gnr fan. 

Just now, LovelessNL said:

Yep, its crazy. Sure, they need some kids to open the stage at what? 1pm or so? But I think you'll get more people on the festivalgrounds by putting a 'hot' band like GvF in that spot then a band nobody knows and is completely out of place there.

I also think the crowd is gonna be hard on them. Just a gut feeling. You guys will let me know please, I can’t be there. :lol:

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, it pisses me off too seeing a band not being given a fair chance. I don't think it does the festival many favours either, they should be helping to bring through new bands like this one. There are a couple of bands on main that nobody would care if Greta Van Fleet took their place but at least I know who they are....I'd have no idea who The Pink Slips are if I werent a gnr fan. 

It’s probably only the gnr diehard fanbase who knows them. And mostly don’t care for them :shrugs:

28 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, and financially it should also be better for them. Download isnt earning jack shit if people are drinking their own beers on the campsite. You want them on the festival grounds spending 5 pounds (or whatever a beer costs there) on a pint. And people aren't going to the festival grounds at 11 to have good spot for Pink Slips, they might do it for Greta van Fleet.

• Like 2

i had never heard of greta van fleet until they where mentioned in another thread a couple of weeks ago, im now a big fan. would love to see them live at download but have a bum feeling they wont be playing on the same day as GNR :( 

download takes place in Leicestershire btw. not derbyshire :) 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Literally every site just lists camping tickets but sure.

https://www.festicket.com/festivals/download-festival/2018/shop/?referrer=festival-republic&campaign=downloadfestival.co.uk&shared_from=partner_linkgen#ticket

As eqsy as that & there plenty of sites Eventim is another

Edited by Gavin82

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Saturday is going to need to start early or finish late then because there are seven other bands on main stage. Unless they cut everyone else's set times and work miracles for quick change overs. 

Watch legends of rock Guns N' Roses perform their FULL 3 HOUR headline set on the Saturday at #DL2018! 1f525.png🔥1f3a9.png🎩1f3b8.png🎸1f918.png🤘 Day tickets on sale now 1f449.png👉 https://goo.gl/r4eCJJ

2 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Watch legends of rock Guns N' Roses perform their FULL 3 HOUR headline set on the Saturday at #DL2018! 1f525.png🔥1f3a9.png🎩1f3b8.png🎸1f918.png🤘 Day tickets on sale now 1f449.png👉 https://goo.gl/r4eCJJ

Yes, it was confirmed ages ago that gnr would play a 3hr set but I thought that would mean less bands on the main stage and that’s not the case. So, maybe they will open early on Saturday or finish late? 

• GNFNR 1