07/21/18 - Gothenburg, Sweden - Ullevi Stadium

downzy

7 hours ago, BCeagle said:

Debating coming out for the tour finale.   Anything else to do in town?   

If the weathers good as it should be in July its going too be a great day/wknd Goth is really compact not like Stockholm everything in Goth is walkable id say too anyone who not been too go

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Our friend Google Translate to the rescue ...

Guns' Roses comes to town but why wait for the party to Friday when Sticky Fingers invites you to rock party the day before?

On stage we have, among other things, Tyler Bryant & The Showdown (US), as you will also see Ullevi before Guns and The Royal Beggars.

In addition, there is a lot of rock classics from the speakers throughout the evening, both on the outdoor seating and on the dance floor.

So why not start the weekend already on Friday so you're warmly warmed up to Saturday's arena party!

We start with a Special Guns'n Roses Quiz for early guests

Live on stage 
TYLER BRYANT & THE SHOWDOWN 
After carving out a fervent fan base and drawing widespread critical applause with their heady, high-voltage brand or guitar-driven rock, shooting from both hip and heart, Nashville's Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown find themselves at the epicenter of an advanced rock 'roll adventure that continues to take them around the world, appearing at some of the biggest venues along the way ... 
www.facebook.com/TylerBryantAndTheShakedown/

THE ROYAL BEGGARS 
On the 20th of July, the newly-launched rock'n'roll band "The Royal Beggars" will feature the Sticky Fingers for its premiere. 
With influences like Stones, Slade and Dogs D'amour, they will invite songs from their upcoming album during the evening.

• Thanks 1

Flying on Saturday morning from the Netherlands for what I thought would have been the last NITL gig, but that was before Iceland and Asia were announced :-) Anyway, the 8th (and probably final) gig for me in just a bit more than 2 years time.

Anyone any idea where they (or the big acts usually) stay in Goteborg? Quite a compact city, so I might drop by to see whether I can catch a glimpse...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JY2016 said:

Anyone any idea where they (or the big acts usually) stay in Goteborg? Quite a compact city, so I might drop by to see whether I can catch a glimpse...

Elite Plaza is quite popular for big acts (springsteen, metallica etc.)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Also checked upper house. Very crowded place. I did see a black van, but only 1.

avenue no. 1 is a no

Thanks for updating us!

Unsure if I'll be able to try meet them. I had intentions of trying last year but it was more or less impossible. I wasn't too far from where they were staying in Berlin but don't think anyone succeeded in meeting Axl.

55 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Also checked upper house. Very crowded place. I did see a black van, but only 1.

avenue no. 1 is a no

Thanks for the updates! I’m in Gothenburg now too. Having a wander around. I don’t think the band would be here yet. 

Me & other half are going to Sticky Fingers tonight if you’re about!!