Angry Anderson Rose Tattoo confirms Axl and Ac/DC are involved with a new album

21 hours ago, sabian11 said:

This is the biggest Fucking JOKE! AC/DC is done Angus put it to bed! I swear to god he better not Fuck up the chances of a new GNR record! 

lol

yeah, an ACDC record is not stopping a new GN'R one 

1 hour ago, Padme said:

This second European tour will make sense if they add something new or different. What are the odds? I'm not interesting in a copy/paste tour in Europe or elsewhere. I wish they could spend that time making a new album

I don't think it works like that. It's not like its one or the other. They was/is a huge demand here, they are going to capitalize on that. I really think that as long as there's demand for NITL in its current form we won't see any new music or revamped setlist or additional (AFD5 or whatever) members. Maybe they'll start thinking about that once their current cash cow 'NITL' runs dry. Then they'll need an AFD30 tour (well, that opportunity has passed), UYI25 or AFD5 lineup, new music, or whatever to get people spending big bucks (or euro's in this case) on GNR again

2 hours ago, Padme said:

This second European tour will make sense if they add something new or different. What are the odds? I'm not interesting in a copy/paste tour in Europe or elsewhere. I wish they could spend that time making a new album

I'm honestly having that idea in my head of a new Guns album in November. Exactly 10 years after CD.

They are playing new songs starting in June and the album will come out on Nov. 23rd. I think that was the date that TSI? and CD also came out. But I will probably be disappointed lol

If they seriously want to continue NITL in 2019 it has to be with a new album.

I think it's clear that they will go to Asia and Australia again after this years Euro leg. 

Of course there's always those who will go and don't care about a new album but the venues will get smaller and smaller every year without something new.

9 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I'm honestly having that idea in my head of a new Guns album in November. Exactly 10 years after CD.

They are playing new songs starting in June and the album will come out on Nov. 23rd. I think that was the date that TSI? and CD also came out. But I will probably be disappointed lol

If they seriously want to continue NITL in 2019 it has to be with a new album.

I think it's clear that they will go to Asia and Australia again after this years Euro leg. 

Of course there's always those who will go and don't care about a new album but the venues will get smaller and smaller every year without something new.

Hardly anyone at the shows cares about a new album. It has and will have zero negative impact on show attendance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I don't see any indication of this, have you hear something about Asia and Australia?

This. As far as I know it has been fairly silent and if they would continue right after the Euro leg those shows would have been announced (or at least strongly rumoured) by now. 

That said, I do think they can capitalize more on the reunion in Australia/NZ and Japan, so I wouldn't be surprised if they'd do a second leg there at some point. But for now all points to NITL ending after this Euro leg, and personally I think Axl will do AC/DC, Slash will do SMKC, Duff will maybe tour the Walking Papers record and/or do something with Hollywood Vampires for example. And I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised if we get another 1993 - 1999 scenario with basically no news at all and the band dissolving. Other scenario would be new music, but that has been a pain for the combination of these guys since 1991.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tonto said:

Hardly anyone at the shows cares about a new album. It has and will have zero negative impact on show attendance.

Obviously if they call it a day after Europe, a new album makes nonsense. Unless it is a live album/DVD from the tour. If on the other hand they plan more tours, then they need to come up with something else

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

You're from ole'England, right? Will you go see them if they return with no new music or changes?

Like everyone else I bitch and moan on here and rightly so...but if they come back to NZ I won't have the balls to boycott lol. I'll definitely still go and have a blast. Obviously it could be better though and our expectations are reasonable imo.

No, and this has nothing to do with any nationality. I've already saw this show. Both in the U.S. (2016) and Europe (2017). I won't see them again with the same set list anywhere in the world. I can turn a blind eye on the current line up because of Slash and Duff. I didn't go to shows during the Ashba era, not a single one

21 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

Sheer speculation on several levels. 

Angus didn't become a legend for lack of skills or stage presence. 

I never said anything about Angus's stage presence; obviously it is legendary.  I've been going to AC/DC shows since Back In Black and he never fails to deliver an entertaining show. And yes, he is very good at writing catchy, simplistic songs.  However, as a guitarist, he can't hold a candle to Slash.  Maybe you prefer his style- different strokes.

As for speculation on several levels- what part of my post is "speculation"? It's all very well documented.

While reading the AC/DC forum I was reminded that Angus is the only band member to appear on the sleeves for the studio albums since the 70s and also appeared on his own on the international High Voltage one.

It’s a highly unusual thing but it makes carrying on and marketing anything with him involved as AC/DC easy.

On 3/20/2018 at 4:31 AM, TheGeneral said:

Now the question is: Is Axl/DC blocking a new GNR album?

I think not. Axl only needs to go to the studio and lay vocals down, that would take maybe a week or two.

The rest ist Angus' thing, don't think Axl is involved in creating the lyrics/songs.

What will happen?

I guess Angus will go on tour with GNR. Yep, no Axl/DC tour. Been saying that for a long time. Angus needs a band, Axl has a band. And since Angus is getting older he wouldn't have to play for 2 or 3 hours straight. But of course I could be wrong.

If we get a new AC/DC and GNR album this or next year that will be one of the most amazing rock music years EVER.

A week or two? LOL Axl takes years to do anything. 

On 20.3.2018 at 4:31 PM, beautifulanddamned said:

Most human beings need incentives to get things done. There is no incentive for Axl to make new music with Guns. 

To get his creative kicks? He can do that with AC/DC.

To make money? He just generated half a billion dollars by playing decades old music on tour.

For the fans? LOL. 

Generally speaking I like AC/DC, they are entertaining live band, but their music is very formulaic.  Do you think Angus would allow Axl do something different to get those creative kicks?

Edited by Fourteenbeers

...on the sidenote, away from AC/DC topic...

I find it entertaining how  after 30 years of GNR breaking on the scene there are still ppl who speculate 'it wouldn't make sense'...and try to find sense in anything about GNR.

Nothing ever made sense in that bend.  Ax haed ticks totally different than most ppl. He is a fucking nut case with a strong auto destructive gene.

11 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

I never said anything about Angus's stage presence; obviously it is legendary.  I've been going to AC/DC shows since Back In Black and he never fails to deliver an entertaining show. And yes, he is very good at writing catchy, simplistic songs.  However, as a guitarist, he can't hold a candle to Slash.  Maybe you prefer his style- different strokes.

As for speculation on several levels- what part of my post is "speculation"? It's all very well documented.

Why do I have to prefer one over the other? I like both Slash AND Angus as guitarists, no need to choose. 

Your statement:

"Don't you think that is EXACTLY what Slash & Duff would like to do?  That's all they have EVER wanted to do! " 

That is not honestly the entire picture, I'm sure S&D have wanted to do several other things in Life. Maybe that isn't what you meant? :shrugs:

Edited by RazorGunner

22 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

This. As far as I know it has been fairly silent and if they would continue right after the Euro leg those shows would have been announced (or at least strongly rumoured) by now. 

That said, I do think they can capitalize more on the reunion in Australia/NZ and Japan, so I wouldn't be surprised if they'd do a second leg there at some point. But for now all points to NITL ending after this Euro leg, and personally I think Axl will do AC/DC, Slash will do SMKC, Duff will maybe tour the Walking Papers record and/or do something with Hollywood Vampires for example. And I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised if we get another 1993 - 1999 scenario with basically no news at all and the band dissolving. Other scenario would be new music, but that has been a pain for the combination of these guys since 1991.

Unfortunately (i must say) this kinda confirms part of my little peek into the future:

2GTQbgiNxerRr5gcRUMvL1a4dx9MV12hTNRXfBJ

Slash touring with SKMC in September.

• 4 weeks later...

The thing that strikes me as bizarre with this Axl/DC stuff is that I was always under the impression that the big musical difference between Axl and Slash was that Axl DID NOT want to record AC/DC style rock music.

it always seemed like Slash was the one who wanted to do simple, classic rock music and Axl obviously went with the CD-style stuff. 

So now, if true, Axl is leaving his own band to the side to record the type of music that he did not want to do and that was part of the reason for his own band’s breakup???? It doesn’t make sense to me...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, qwerty123 said:

The thing that strikes me as bizarre with this Axl/DC stuff is that I was always under the impression that the big musical difference between Axl and Slash was that Axl DID NOT want to record AC/DC style rock music.

it always seemed like Slash was the one who wanted to do simple, classic rock music and Axl obviously went with the CD-style stuff. 

So now, if true, Axl is leaving his own band to the side to record the type of music that he did not want to do and that was part of the reason for his own band’s breakup???? It doesn’t make sense to me...

I think the issue is Axl thinks Guns music has evolved. He views doing an appetite-style record as a step back after both the Illusions and Chinese in which each one were more progressive than the last. Ac/Dc has never really evolved musically and therefore a typical rock album fits in there in the eyes of Axl.