Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

4 minutes ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Seriously?? :blink:

Yes. This lineup do great shows, but I am not a fan of this lineup making an album, I'd rather wait it out until they figure it out with Izzy and maybe Steven or Matt too. I just literally can't stand Franks drumming and Izzy missing from the writing you will not get anything similar to AFD/UYI ever. You will most likely get some sort of modern rock hybrid with Franks hip hop style drumming and female backing vocals.

26 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Correct. Anyone not excited by the prospect of Axl fucking Rose and Angus fucking Young on an album together needs to stop pretending they like rock music.

Really? :lol: Crying over a band for fuck's sake.

Maybe not excited because of the lost opportunity for a album with Axl and Slash?

Anyone not excited by the prospect of Axl fucking Rose and Soul fucking Hudson on an album together needs to stop pretending they like rock music or to be any kind of GNR fan.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I just literally can't stand Franks drumming and Izzy missing from the writing you will not get anything similar to AFD/UYI ever. You will most likely get some sort of modern rock hybrid with Franks hip hop style drumming and female backing vocals.

Are we? This is the thing, we cant say what we're going to get at this point, if we get anything at all. This band is such a mess that theres no way to predict anything.
They could surprise us all and get a straight forward bluesy hard rock record as much as they could do a full industrial record.

Frank (which I hate) is a professional drummer and can play everything. Is he my pick for GNR drum sloth? Absolutely not, but he can play rock.

Fortus main style of playin is the same as Slash, his main influences are on blues and country, and his fav band is the Stones. Of course he has a modern approach, but if people actually had listen to his playin', they'd notice he's a great fit for a rock n roll record.

And Melissa... well, she's just the all-in-one person. She's a music engineer, a producer, a singer, a composer, a keyboardist, a vocal coach, I dont think her role in the band means much for the musical direction, she's just there to do whatever the band needs her to do. What I think is better than having Andreadis, a horns section and three backing vocals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

Maybe not excited because of the lost opportunity for a album with Axl and Slash?

Why does it have to be a lost opportunity? Who's to say they won't do an album after this?

4 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Anyone not excited by the prospect of Axl fucking Rose and Soul fucking Hudson on an album together needs to stop pretending they like rock music or to be any kind of GNR fan.

Yeah, we've already had that and may do again. I agree, it's great. Still about to blow my load over the prospect of AC/DC with Axl, though.

28 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

So when SMKC tour this fall, will they still perform the GNR hits? After 3 albums they should have enough hits for their own set.

I hope not. They have Slash's other solo work and VR to choose from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carmenjello said:

Yes its ridiculous. Its like you can choose to sleep with jennifer lawrence but you’d rather pick susan sarandons grandmother. It doesnt make sense

Out of likes. But yeah, pretty much. I like Susan Sarandon though, don't know her grandmother. Guess she was fine too... Back in the day.

I'm all in for Axl/DC.

IMHO, GNR have lost a big oportunity by chosing to not release anything by now. Unless they drop a single when the tour start over, this band will get older and less appealing to general public.

Axl please, release a single at least. 

• Like 4

Id rather an Axl/DC album and full tour first anyway. Angus ain't getting any younger. And slash might as well finish the record he was writing before the GNR reunion now while axl is busy with other stuff anyway.

after the next Axl/DC and SMKC cycles, there will be some hunger from the general public for another GN'R tour again. A new album (or a new EP or song, at the very least) would help to sweeten the pot. But let's face it. Chances are they'll just tour the oldies again. GnR is nostalgia now. It's whatever. People were hungry for Axl and Slash shows for 23 years. The two of them just playing their hits together will be enough for them to sustain tours for many years to come still.

regardless if whether or not a new GNR album will ever happen, using this current opportunity to do Axl/DC and SMKC3 first makes complete sense to me. And if Axl and slash then tour together again afterwards, I will still go see them again, with or without new music. So, all in all, im happy.

1 hour ago, Gold top 78 said:

I’m a big Slash fan but I can’t help but feel disappointed right now about a new SKMC album. GNR are about to finish one of the biggest tours of all time and have let the world know that they’re back. Then what do they do ? Just fuck off again. This would be the best time to get some new songs out there and keep the momentum going. 

But at the end of the day it was always something that was going to happen regardless. Slash is someone who would want to honour his commitment and get the 3rd album released and this is something that would’ve been talked about and scheduled at the beginning of the reunion. I’ll go and see SKMC and AXL/DC if they’re playing near me and I’ll buy the albums but I’m hoping as a GNR fan that it’s not another missed opportunity. 

This is big fuck the Guns fans😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I already posted this in this thread but again: The opportunity to cement himself in history with an ACDC album sung by him and now being full time lead singer of 2 of the biggest rock bands in history now for Axl doesn't make sense for him? That is infinitely bigger than making new music with GNR. 

I'd take SMKC and AxlDC albums over Frank/Melissa/Fortus half ass reunion lineup album anyday of the year. Maybe in the future we get the chance for an actual GNR lineup album with Izzy, Adler/Matt instead of this shit with Frank and 2 keyboardists / the Slash & Axl show.

There is zero chance of Adler or Matt... IF we ever get a record it will be almost identical to the real current day (not fantasy) version of gnr.

People complaining about gnr with two keyboards and in the next thread probably gushing over the UYI tour which had two keyboards, backing singers AND a brass section🤣 

Don't expect a guns record for a while. Alter bridge are planning a record for the summer of 2018 so Myles will be busy then. After that Slash might reconvene with Gnr (with or without axl) and begin work on a record.

Said it before but guns don't need to release new music to tour, but if you have a audience eagerly awaiting it, it's crazy not to at least try to capitalize on the positivity. End of 2019, If we haven't seen a new record you can almost guarantee that it isn't going to happen.

Unless Axl is blessed with similar pipes to Sammy Hagar, hr's going to  struggle maintaining his voice for much longer. Make hay while the sun shines!

As for SMTKC I look forward to hearing the next album🙂

Edited by Tom2112

58 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Absolutelly right

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Or he can go back to Kings of chaos with Matt. How about that?

Wasn't there a rumor that Matt was pissed with Duff and Slash now for not "fighting harder" to also get him back in GNR for the NITL tour?

my guess is Duff will focus on his side projects (Loaded, Walking Papers, Levee Walkers) for the next year or two.

9 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

It doesn't get any worse than this....

Wonder what's Duff thinking...

Yep, I also wonder what's Axl thinking, and if he's been consulted about this Slash's move, dunno, what do you guys think? 

We know for sure the redhead mellowed a bit, but early 2000's Axl may have faced this SMKC comeback as treason :P

Just now, scooby845 said:

I am gonna SLAM all SMKC and Axl/DC supporters now. I can't wait to see the reply.

If you all think this is a good idea, then Axl will show up at SMKC show - same as Slash did at Axl/DC.

No?

Shows that this is a joke... Just business.

slash likes acdc. axl doesnt like smkc. could this be so impossible to happen?