Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

1 hour ago, Gold top 78 said:

GNR are about to finish one of the biggest tours of all time and have let the world know that they’re back. Then what do they do ? Just fuck off again. This would be the best time to get some new songs out there and keep the momentum going. 

Pretty much how I feel. I don't understand the purpose of letting that slide away.

I get that SMKC already had an album written and I get that ACDC was a chance opportunity but if the motivation was there it would be possible to do all three.

Maybe a GNR album will come 2020 onwards but there's a good chance if they go off doing other things it just won't happen. Maybe it was never going to happen, it's hard to tell because none of the main three are very straightforward when talking about it.

I'm not very interested in a SMKC release, I'll probably like the odd song but I can't gel with Myles singing. An AxlDC album does interest me because I love Axl's vocals but if lyrically it's all Angus writing then it's a bit less interesting to me personally.

I would love to know how these decisions are reached behind the scenes and whether there is any record company interest or pressure for a new GNR album. Given the success of NITL I would assume the label would want an album asap. Maybe that's the issue? After years of wrangling with the label over the CD Guns line up perhaps Axl is enjoying digging his heels in now it is a product that they want. To be honest he doesn't lose much by doing that because all the money is made in the touring and now he has a ton of that. Sure he pisses off some hardcore GNR fans but he already knows we have Stockholm Syndrome. :lol:

• Like 3

Saw Gun twice in 1987, at the Ritz and L'AMour NYC,  and again on the Illusions tours so saw them at their height and had little desire to see  almost-Guns on this  this recent tour especially with Axl's vocal struggles and the  fat prices of tickets for decent seats in huge  soulless venues.... 

I got to see Slash with Myles a number of times on past tours and would go out of my way to get tickets for those shows as they had great mixed set lists which spanned Slash's career, SLash had an awesome band and I personally like Myles vocals.....also like that Slash played small clubs and theaters so it was more intimate and the ticket prices were less than $50 for a great show..I would take a live show with Slash and Myles any day over almost-Guns so hope they do tour again.........

Now as far as new music it is a little tougher to choose...I love Slash's solo albums but would love to hear what he Axl and Duff could come up with for a new album and really hope that Izzy would somehow be part of the writing.....I think Axl's vocals would be much better accommodated in the studio where he could do multiple takes and tailor them to the new music then struggling to sing the classics live.....

I love AC/DC so would be curious to see what Axl could do on new Music with Angus as well........

I'm so torn on this right now. I love Todd and Brent from Conspirators since they're the local guys to me (Brent being a fellow Winnipeg native and Todd next door in Saskatchewan) so happy to see them going out with someone as big as Slash again. The last Conspirators record is one of my favourite modern rock albums. I'm insanely curious about this Axl/DC thing since he sounded killer on that tour. And it looks like that's the closest thing we'll get to new music with Axls vocals on it. 

But at heart I'm a die hard Guns fan. Little choked that we probably won't get anything new from them or anything at all after this summer. Throw us a bone. Greatest hits with hell, even 1 new song to tide me over. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I am soooooo excited!!! :dance:

giphy.gif

Sad you joke with my feeling😢:P

14 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Pretty much how I feel. I don't understand the purpose of letting that slide away.

I get that SMKC already had an album written and I get that ACDC was a chance opportunity but if the motivation was there it would be possible to do all three.

Maybe a GNR album will come 2020 onwards but there's a good chance if they go off doing other things it just won't happen. Maybe it was never going to happen, it's hard to tell because none of the main three are very straightforward when talking about it.

I'm not very interested in a SMKC release, I'll probably like the odd song but I can't gel with Myles singing. An AxlDC album does interest me because I love Axl's vocals but if lyrically it's all Angus writing then it's a bit less interesting to me personally.

I would love to know how these decisions are reached behind the scenes and whether there is any record company interest or pressure for a new GNR album. Given the success of NITL I would assume the label would want an album asap. Maybe that's the issue? After years of wrangling with the label over the CD Guns line up perhaps Axl is enjoying digging his heels in now it is a product that they want. To be honest he doesn't lose much by doing that because all the money is made in the touring and now he has a ton of that. Sure he pisses off some hardcore GNR fans but he already knows we have Stockholm Syndrome. :lol:

Great post,i feel same@Alfierose

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the band I loved growing up asked me to be part of the band and record an album with them, I would not hesitate

We can talk about "what GNR needs to do to keep the momentum going"  but all in all these guys are all people and music fans too.  Maybe this is what they want to do right now that makes them happy at this point in time?  Slash making a fast and quick low key record in contrast to bigass stadium shows, and Axl recording with a band he admires and has loved since he was a kid

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carmenjello said:

Fuck this.

Yes, boo people doing what they want and being happy people, fuck that! 

I would love a GNR album as much as any other big GNR fan in the world, but I just do not get the complaining.  I am just happy they are doing what they want to do, Axl getting to be a part of AC/DC and Slash making his music in his natural low key way.  Hopefully down the line we get GNR material but you know, good for them for doing what they wanna do

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

That Fernando comment about 2018 being bigger than 2017... 

Trolling? 

Looks like a 6 month break, few euro shows and a long break away from Guns

Maybe he was just talking about his wedding, or the European tour. Or maybe it was just Fernando being Fernando :shrugs:

Meh, really not interested in this, another lame album with Mr. Boring. 

Axl/Dc is at least interesting with the potential to be great.

But GNR...they never fail to disappoint since 1993 I guess. :D

There should be a single for the euro tour or some new songs played live. I really don't think it's gonna happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carmenjello said:

How anyone can be a gnr fan and be HAPPY about slash and myles is beyond me.

If Axl releases music i'd be happy for those that want it

I include myself in that, i just don't believe it's gonna happen:shrugs:

Edited by janrichmond
  • Like 1

New Slash means possible new AC/DC, 2 albums which would likely be very solid. And hopefully would lead into a new GNR album, if not we would certainly get a few new songs to enjoy for the time being.

I just hope we have a song or two with Todd on vocals on the album

Edited by The Dissident
  • Like 1