Does GNR ever tour again after 2018?

Does GNR ever tour again after 2018?  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

My guess at this point is some touring and/or festivals every 5 years or so, no new music. Same lineup we have now. 

Yep, they could easily stretch for 10-15 years to come, especially with some anniversary shows (AFD35, UYI30, whatever). They probably won't play stadiums any longer, but there's always festivals willing to pay top dollar, overpriced Arena shows, and/or another Vegas residency.

We/I want choice 3, choice 2 would be a huge improvement because Frank doesn't know how to play the songs properly, and 1 is more than we coulda dreamed/asked for just 2-3 years ago.

Also I'm thinking that they blew their wad on this NITLT Tour with it being so massive (stadiums etc...) that unless they release new music or do media etc...that any future gigs will be festivals/one offs etc....

I almost guarantee it happening, and it being the same band. The only way I see it stopping, would be if something tragic happened (touch wood). They seemed to enjoy themselves, they made a ton of money... there's really no reason to stop, other than maybe they jus want to retire... and Slash is never going to retire, same with Duff and who knows with Axl. 

I'm thinking we won't be seeing GNR in 2019 though.

3 hours ago, ramsey said:

Order of events.......

GNR tours '18

AC/DC new album w/Axl 

GNR takes break during initial AC/DC tour

The new GNR album 

GNR & AC/DC tour together 

It will be epic 

Almost right I'd say, but you're not going to get a AC/DC & GNR tour. And AC/DC will be on tour for a solid 12 months if past tours are anything to go by, hard to know when GNR would be writing a album or even preparing a release.

Fuck it, whatever we get we get! I'm not too worried, my day to day isn't going to be affected one way or the other :D 

If this "reunion" would have been only about nostalgia, Izzy and Steven would be there too.

But clearly Axl has plans for the future of GNR and it's not gonna be only about nostalgia. At this point I don't even care about touring, unless they release a new album first. And I believe it will happen. AC/DC might be the number one priority for Axl right now though.

If they plan to continue with the current line-up and don't plan on releasing any new music, I hope they hang it up and move on to other things after the shows this summer. If they want to stay relevant, they have to either A: release a new album, or B: get Izzy and Steven back in the band. Only having three original members and playing a setlist dominated by covers and Chinese Democracy songs won't sellout Stadiums or Arenas much longer. Either get Izzy and Steven back or call it quits.

On 2018-03-23 at 7:56 PM, ramsey said:

Order of events.......

GNR tours '18

AC/DC new album w/Axl 

The new GNR album 

It will be epic 

so axl would be on stage for 6 hours ? lol what would be possible is them playing at festivals together with shorter sets and/or on seperate nights

Order of events.......

GNR tours '18

SKMC tour "18 and into 2019.

AC/DC new album w/Axl 

The new GNR album 

It will be epic 

Fixed it but theres no way axl will be doing AC/DC at the same time. He was running out of breath towards the end of the LA show on the last night of NITL. How would he go then playing another 2.5 hours of AC/DC songs.

On 3/27/2018 at 8:12 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Order of events.......

GNR tours '18

SKMC tour "18 and into 2019.

AC/DC new album w/Axl 

The new GNR album 

It will be epic 

Fixed it but theres no way axl will be doing AC/DC at the same time. He was running out of breath towards the end of the LA show on the last night of NITL. How would he go then playing another 2.5 hours of AC/DC songs.

Haha no. If they tour together the show will be 2hr45mins to 3hrs total. There no way they'd do two full separate sets. They do one combined set.

Angus needs a bass player and a drummer, another guitarist. GNR could fill those spots perfectly. Just my fantasy 🤓

1 minute ago, ramsey said:

Haha no. If they tour together the show will be 2hr45mins to 3hrs total. There no way they'd do two full separate sets. They do one combined set.

Angus needs a bass player and a drummer, another guitarist. GNR could fill those spots perfectly. Just my fantasy 🤓

Angus doesn't need another drummer and guitarist, he already has Stevie and Chris 

Hard to say exactly what will happen. 

I still don't think we will get new music. I'd expect 2019 to be a dead year though, and I also expect that Axl won't finish singing at bowling alleys. There's still too much money to be made if TB and live nation play their cards right. 

Even without new music they could disappear off the scene for 18 months and do another world tour to wrap up theirs careers as long as Steve and izzy were in. 

Without new music that's basically the only play if they want to do sold out stadiums. 

Otherwise it's arenas and that could realistically go on for as long as they want. 

Edited by Tadsy

On 23/03/2018 at 11:56 PM, ramsey said:

Order of events.......

GNR tours '18

AC/DC new album w/Axl 

The new GNR album 

It will be epic 

Nearly

How about Slash supporting ACDC in 2019!

Epic!

Nah, who am I kidding. It will be Tyler Bryant.

Edited by Axl_morris

38 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Nearly

How about Slash supporting ACDC in 2019!

Epic!

Nah, who am I kidding. It will be Tyler Bryant.

How about a SMKC / AC/DC co-headliner tour with Loaded and Tyler Bryant as the opening act?

Edited by Sosso

On 24/03/2018 at 3:40 AM, Tom2112 said:

Almost right I'd say, but you're not going to get a AC/DC & GNR tour. And AC/DC will be on tour for a solid 12 months if past tours are anything to go by, hard to know when GNR would be writing a album or even preparing a release.

Fuck it, whatever we get we get! I'm not too worried, my day to day isn't going to be affected one way or the other :D 

Dude, how the shag could Axl possibly maintain those vocals for 12 months? Surely if he even manages it or near enough he won't be going it again. And if he goes out with Guns after we'll be getting Bridge School every night. 

I think they'll just tour and tour and tour like the dying days of Nugnr. The remainder of 2019 and much of 2020 will probably be devoted to The Conspirators/AC/DC and at some stage in 2020 or 2021 Guns will resume touring. Even if it descends to the arenas they'll still be making far more money than they'd make with Nugnr/Conspirators/Loaded.  

Edited by DieselDaisy