Appetite for Distortion Ep. 54 - Roberta Freeman

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I couldn't use the links either but I googled Appetite For Distortion and I found it and could listen to it that way. 

You're right, I was too excited to post. Here are good links, sorry.

www.spreaker.com/user/theafdshow

www.iheart.com/podcast/53-Appetite-for-Distortion

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/appetite-for-distortion/id1116569741?mt=2

soundcloud.com/theafdshow

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carmenjello said:

i really enjoy the way you talk and your wittiness. Also you really listen and you can tell, you dont have a sheet of questions lying in front of you that you just go through point by point. And you dont start every question with „so...“. Thats refreshing 😀

thank you, means a lot. I'll have bullet points in front of me and I'll do research to retain in my head, but you're right. Going ques to ques would really hinder an organic conversation. I think my guests appreciate that too.

• Like 1

That was an awesome interview with Roberta.  You've really had some great podcasts lately.  Your interview style is so enjoyable  -- You find a nice balance between talking about the person's GNR work and whatever projects they are currently working on and you can tell they are very comfortable with you.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Im pretty sure the band minus Axl wasn’t 100% on board with the girls or expanding the band in general. Like when Axl brought in Dizzy and piano much to the bands dismay. Or Matt’s infamous “I thought I was joining a rock n roll band, what’s with the piano” quote.

They always viewed themselves as a punk, bad ass in your face rock n roll band. I don’t think cockblocking has much to do with the girls not feeling welcomed at times 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

After listening to this I can certainly deduce doug really is a complete incompetent prick especially to tell Roberta not to sing that part in KOHD and then Axl comes out and tells the complete opposite to Roberta to  what doug says. Its clear doug really was the catalyst to the band ending and im surprised the band never really has completely buried him in public which is what he deserved. He really was a disgrace. I have a lot of respect for gilby and teddy after listening to the interview.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

After listening to this I can certainly deduce doug really is a complete incompetent prick especially to tell Roberta not to sing that part in KOHD and then Axl comes out and tells the complete opposite to Roberta to  what doug says. Its clear doug really was the catalyst to the band ending and im surprised the band never really has completely buried him in public which is what he deserved. He really was a disgrace. I have a lot of respect for gilby and teddy after listening to the interview.

Yup they are class acts!

gilby and or Teddy would also be great guests

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Alan Niven was also pretty damning of Doug when we spoke. Maybe I’ll get Doug’s side one of these days too, but it’ll be hard not to believe Roberta and Alan. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Alan Niven was also pretty damning of Doug when we spoke. Maybe I’ll get Doug’s side one of these days too, but it’ll be hard not to believe Roberta and Alan. 

I completely beleive roberta over doug. She has more of a professional reputation than doug.

• Like 4

Nice interview, thank you. I was very interested in what she had to say about management and how the band members treated her. I’m glad you gave her enough space and time to talk sexism in GnR fandom towards her (then and today).

One question though. What word did she use about the band members. I got it they were cool with her. She didn’t say a lot about them except Gilby and Matt. Might mean something too. Anyway, so the word: something that sounds like „bleach“? What word was it?

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

Clickbait headlines AND he was reading this forum and reporting on the speculation that we were having... speculation sometimes based on nothing but what we think, rather than insider info or anything like that. That's why I don't appreciate Alternative nation. Everybody does clickbait headlines, but taking fan forum conversations and using them for articles is not journalism. 

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

One question though. What word did she use about the band members. I got it they were cool with her. She didn’t say a lot about them except Gilby and Matt. Might mean something too. Anyway, so the word: something that sounds like „bleach“? What word was it?

...time-stamp of when she said it? I don't recall.