STEVEN ADLER: "Izzy is just as heartbroken as I am that the three of them decided to leave us out and bring three strangers in–who are those people?"

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Because GnR fans are just as crazy as the band and love to repeat themselves till no end?

In a few weeks there's another quote or thread made and this whole topic will repeat itself again with every poster saying the same thing again.

That’s probaby it. I’m serious. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I wouldn't have continued under the GnR name personally if I had been in his situation, but in a way I do understand it. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter to me whether he released it under his own name, a different band name, or the GnR name. The problem is that he released only one album in the last 25 years.

I suppose what I was getting at was that Axl's attachment to the name prevented him from realising his potential i.e. releasing material.  If he'd have let the name go, along with the whole idea of the band, and continued on as Axl Rose, he might have felt some sense of freedom, you know?   And this in turn might have led to a more productive career.  But of course, we'll never know.  I hear ya though.  1 album in 25 years. :facepalm:  It was reading about Kylie that drove it home for me, just how ludicrously wasteful Axl's career has been 'in the name of GNR.'  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tadsy said:

I don't understand why certain sections of this fan base think Steven should STFU. 

Yet the same sections of this fan base remain outspoken? 

Makes no sense to me at all that people can lecture Steven on what he should or shouldn't say in public. 🤔

Steven towed the line for months and months after the troubadour show, he said nothing, played their game and still got slapped down publicly. He was in a no win situation, where by if he accepts what happened in Argentina, he's seen as soft and easy to manipulate and if he speaks his mind then the same people on here say it's boring and repetitive and blah blah blah 

perhaps it's entirely possible that Steven decided to eat some shit burgers in the hope that things might get better and he might get more songs on this tour, and perhaps when he realised that wasn't a chance of happening he decided that he had nothing to lose by speaking out, either way, there was always 

going to be people on here bagging him. 

At the end of the day, the big 3 fucked him, and they fucked izzy, ant attempts to gloss that over are ridiculous, we all understand the reasons, but you can't tell me there wasn't options to make it work. They just chose not too. 

He was thrown out of the band 28 years ago and nobody in the right mind would trust him with anything important today. With that in mind, how did they fuck him? They let him do guest spots and he couldn't even manage to get through that incident free. 

5 hours ago, Tadsy said:

I don't understand why certain sections of this fan base think Steven should STFU. 

Yet the same sections of this fan base remain outspoken? 

I agree. Steven can say whatever he wants like everybody else.

It has to do with this fan base, I guess - or maybe with every fan base.

It's like when other portions of the fan base want Axl to speak but only say the things they want him to and not talk about other stuff; so, when he talks about politics, for example, he should "shut up".

The funny thing is that some of the same people who defend one's right to speak his mind (and do whatever he wants in his life) say that the other one should shut up!

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

On 14.4.2018 at 5:14 PM, Ama said:

He 's desperate to have any chance of joining the band, but doing this he is knocking off his last chances to maybe join a couple of gigs in Europe next summer...

Poor Stevie :facepalm:

Oh, sut up. That has already happened in Argentina in 2016. Or have you seen him at any show in 2017. He made it quite clear shortly after that he won't be available for 1 song appearances anymore. And I totally understand him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Oh, sut up. That has already happened in Argentina in 2016. Or have you seen him at any show in 2017. He made it quite clear shortly after that he won't be available for 1 song appearances anymore. And I totally understand him.

Adler would show up to play 1 song in North Korea if they asked him to. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

No. He would not. And since Argentina he hasn't. So stop talking out your ass. If he would be fine with playing one song, he wouldn't have done that interview saying he wouldn't do that anymore.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

before the argentina gig yes ; after it : no and it s good that he doesn t put his self esteem in the basket to please anyone. He has the right to ask more than 2 songs and after  treating him so bad maybe he decided to move on.

He is doing an album with ghostface guy and a tour. that s awesome. move on and let them come to you steven! 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No. He would not. And since Argentina he hasn't. So stop talking out your ass. If he would be fine with playing one song, he wouldn't have done that interview saying he wouldn't do that anymore.

Argentina was when he showed up on the wrong night, wanted to play anyway, they let him, and he complained afterwards that they only let him play 1 song, right? 

15 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

That doesn't change the fact that it is insulting to him and the fans to  have fly him down there and then only let him play 1 or 2 songs when most "real" fans would want him to play all AFD songs. And that goes for every show he appeared at. When I pay 200 $ for a show and know that a further AFD original member is present and willing to play all AFD songs and the only reason it's not happening is because Axl, Slash and Duff are being dicks and harbour ancient ressentments, then I can't help but feel ripped off.

Although I didn't feel that way when Adler showed up when I saw GNR in 2016, it made my night and I found it a really cool thing and was totally satisfied!  Not that I wouldn't dig Adler playing all AFD songs though

All in all, idk, I still am of the mindset of reserving judgement because when it comes down to it I am not privy as to all the behind scenes stuff.  I can easily imagine reasons as to why the "big 3" wouldn't want Adler on board in that capacity but again I dunno, I wish I was a fly on the wall behind the scenes so it would be clearer

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

That doesn't change the fact that it is insulting to him and the fans to  have fly him down there and then only let him play 1 or 2 songs when most "real" fans would want him to play all AFD songs. And that goes for every show he appeared at. When I pay 200 $ for a show and know that a further AFD original member is present and willing to play all AFD songs and the only reason it's not happening is because Axl, Slash and Duff are being dicks and harbour ancient ressentments, then I can't help but feel ripped off.

It's just a bit of a coincidence that he hasn't played with GNR since the time he either screwed up or tried to force them to let him play more. And then went on the radio complaining about it.

And the reason he's not playing more is because he's an unreliable fuck up. They're not being dicks, they're being smart. 

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

No, that's bullshit made up by you (like the whole Loaded tour bullshit that you've repeated at least 100 times).

Argentina was when he showed up a day before the first show, stayed in the same hotel as the rest of the band, went to the soundcheck with all of them (except for a certain member who never shows up) and a few minutes before the show, Axl saw him and said "what the fuck is he doing here?" showing he lives in his own world and has no idea what's going on with his own band. Other than him, everyone knew Steven was there since they were all with him.

CwcpDWMXUAArz73.jpg

Picture from Meegan of Steven doing the soundcheck "the wrong day".

Picture from Susan from the nigth Steven "wasn't supposed to be there".

Everyone was clearly pissed off and upset at Steven for being there. Everyone, not just some guy with control issues... :rolleyes:

SHOULD be impossible but this is the most fucked up band ever. Let's not forget the very same thing happened to Slash when he tried to see a show in Las Vegas (then they claimed he showed up guitar in hand, blah blah blah). And let's not forget many """GNR fans""" were ok with this and thought it was the right thing to do and that Slash was a mediocre asshole who shouldn't be anywhere remotely close to GNR :jerkoff:

I couldn't tell you with words how disappointed I felt that day when Steven left the stage after playing only ONE SONG. I wasn't even expecting this stupid band to play the entire Appetite with the only drummer they have who actually knows the songs, I was just expecting them to give me the TWO songs that they had been playing with him before. It was the easiest thing in the world and still they failed to deliver. Intentionally. It was the ultimate demonstration that they don't give a shit about their fans.

Oh I made up the Loaded story? That's funny because it came from Adler himself. 

And he was supposed to play 2 songs, 1 night. He showed up on the wrong night expecting to play. Or he was supposed to be there either way and tried to push his way into playing the night he wasn't supposed to be. Again, that came from Adler himself. 

Threads like these always turn out the same, us fans having such an emotional investment in "the AFD5" that even though we do not really know what is really happening behind the scenes, hey we gotta find someone to blame because it is easier to do that than to simply go, "the thing I want is not happening (AFD5) and I don't know why", so then you get things like how the big 3 are greedy or how Steven is a junkie, etc. 

Every thread ends up like that, I dunno, I just find it better to go, hey it would have been cool but it isn't - and let's move forward because we don't really know all of what is going on behind the scenes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I agree. Steven can say whatever he wants like everybody else.

It has to do with this fan base, I guess - or maybe with every fan base.

It's like when other portions of the fan base want Axl to speak but only say the things they want him to and not talk about other stuff; so, when he talks about politics, for example, he should "shut up".

The funny thing is that some of the same people who defend one's right to speak his mind (and do whatever he wants in his life) say that the other one should shut up!

But who cares about Axl's opinion on politics? :question:

He's no authority at it and he's rarely given his opinion on that. It was just a bunch of stupid tweets with no depth.

No GN'R fan would ever censor Axl if he had the balls to talk about the band, the music, the future, anything RELATED to his career and GN'R it is always welcome by the fans.

This comparison with censoring Adler makes no sense. It's different topics.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Oh I made up the Loaded story? That's funny because it came from Adler himself. 

And he was supposed to play 2 songs, 1 night. He showed up on the wrong night expecting to play. Or he was supposed to be there either way and tried to push his way into playing the night he wasn't supposed to be. Again, that came from Adler himself. 

The way you tell the story is a complete fabrication. Steven was an admitted alcoholic back then so he went to the tour and did what he would do every day at that point, get drunk and give stellar performances on drums. He didn't screw that tour at all, he played every show, showed up in time and there's never been a single report of him giving an erratic performance or even screwing one single song. If Duff was upset about Steven drinking, that is HIS problem since it was obvious. You can't expect an alcoholic to stay away from booze just because you invite him to open some shows for you.

After that, though, Steven canceled a tour to get treatment for his drinking issue and has been sober for years now.

Have there been any reports of incident with Steven during the NITL tour? No. Zero. So the idea that Steven ain't playing more because he's unreliable is another lie made up by silly haters. Steven himself told he was offered to go to the Asia/Australia/NZ tour to play at ONE show and declined the offer. The band wanted to keep having him whenever they wanted in those ridiculously small doses, he decided it wasn't enough for him and the band didn't give a shit and moved on without him.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

The way you tell the story is a complete fabrication. Steven was an admitted alcoholic back then so he went to the tour and did what he would do every day at that point, get drunk and give stellar performances on drums. He didn't screw that tour at all, he played every show, showed up in time and there's never been a single report of him giving an erratic performance or even screwing one single song. If Duff was upset about Steven drinking, that is HIS problem since it was obvious. You can't expect an alcoholic to stay away from booze just because you invite him to open some shows for you.

After that, though, Steven canceled a tour to get treatment for his drinking issue and has been sober for years now.

Have there been any reports of incident with Steven during the NITL tour? No. Zero. So the idea that Steven ain't playing more because he's unreliable is another lie made up by silly haters. Steven himself told he was offered to go to the Asia/Australia/NZ tour to play at ONE show and declined the offer. The band wanted to keep having him whenever they wanted in those ridiculously small doses, he decided it wasn't enough for him and the band didn't give a shit and moved on without him.

I also hate how people spin it backwards like if Steven did the tour he'd go off the rails and would be unreliable..no if he ever had a reason to stay sober it would be to be GNRs drummer, knowing if he fucked up again he'd be out a 2nd time and he would never be able to live with that.

• Like 1

Duff especially but also Slash and Rose have turned into moral prigs pertaining to the Adler scenario and like most prigs, priggishness masks the face of a hypocrite: McKagan's pancreas was like Hiroshima; Slash was running around Hawaii, as naked as the day he was born, as he was being chased by ''little devils''; Rose is the most unreliable man in rock and has derailed multiple tours and caused more litigation than the OJ Simpson trial. 

Maybe they should change their lyrics? 'Thou shall not be on the Nightrain''. ''Back off (that woman who should have equal dignity with men)''. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1