STEVEN ADLER: "Izzy is just as heartbroken as I am that the three of them decided to leave us out and bring three strangers in–who are those people?"

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Exactly. I guess some of these people want to return to their teenage years. But Appetite was 30 yrs ago, the guys aren’t in their 20s any more, it’s 2018, and it just wouldn’t sound or look the same, even if Axl rasped most of it. 

Not to mention that once this happened (as a one-off thing), people would want to see it again, rendering it a much more difficult situation for Frank, Richard etc. – they would get to the same position again like in 2001/02, where they were more like "tolerated" hired guns other than anything else. 

As Steven said, I do believe once the 5 of them got into one studio again, the magic could happen indeed, but they won’t create another Appetite anyway, and playing just this one record live would seriously be just that "nostalgia act" like Pitman said. 
Move on. The past won’t repeat itself. Be glad for the holy Axl-Slash-Duff trinity... and for god’s sake, stop whining.

Yep look no further than when KISS did unplugged and brought Ace & Peter back for a few songs, it was game over for Eric singer and Bruce kulick... A very successful tour of the classic line up but they all ultimately ended up having g each other for years afterwards.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

The issue is not another AFD. Axl, Slash, and Duff are not making any new album. In fact Slash will join Conspirators again. And Axl might join AC/DC. So Axl and Slash are willing to work with other people who have nothing to do with GN'R. Axl/DC will be some kind of nostalgia as well. But they reject the idea of working with Izzy and Adler? Maybe Axl and Slash have good reasons to do things the way they do it. I would like to know why. 

I have said it here before – Adler wouldn’t want to (and maybe partially be able to) play ChinDem songs, so they would have to alternate, and it would be a circus. Izzy is unpredictable and may not want to tour for years like the other guys have. That’s all. 

3 minutes ago, dgnr said:

OMG...NOOOO! My brain had erased this! Those were the dark times :scared: :scared:

87ba6.gif

My thoughts exactly. 

Think what you all want, but GNR land is a beautiful place now compared to 2008-2015. The record release was an embarrassment and they never recovered until NITL.

Edited by rocknroll41

3 hours ago, action said:

Slash has called NUGUNS hacks before, refering to DJ as "the one with the top hat"

but when Steven does it, he needs to shut up.

aren't people shutting up enough already as it is? god dammit, it's not like GNR are working on a secret alien spacecraft is it? the secrecy surrounding this band is bordering on the insane.

Steven, dude, say what you want. you deserve to be behind that kit, and so does Izzy.

Well said Steven.

Izzy’s a shit drummer that’s why he moved to guitar....

• Haha 1

Steven shouldn't bring Izzy into the discussion. Quite frankly Steven always seems desperate and hasn't any remorse calling members of the band 'hacks' that have been twice longer than him in the band. Steven has no say of what GN'R is at present day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ruttu69 said:

How high you must be when you're thinking that Steven, a man who hasn't done proper tour since the AFD days, and who already got injured at the rehearsals could do 3+ hour shows for two years straight 😂

Guest appearances on tour and some sort of inclusion on new material here and there really is most realistically best way to include Steven.  Even when Axl hated Slash and hadn't reconnected with Duff he said a reunion tour just wouldn't work and out of the AFD 5 he could only see Slash and Duff being workable in something like that.

I agree Izzy's lack of involvement could be handled better and I think Adler deserves more guest spot appearances on tour than he had, but how can people in their right mind and in wanting what's best for Adler feel Adler should be the permanent full time drummer on this tour?

50 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Great band with great potential right here.

tastes differ.

with all due respect, but I think everyone on that picture is an absolute t.w.a.t, holding "guns n roses" signs, when they have absolutely nothing to do with the real deal.

someone should have taken one of these GNR roadsigns out of their hands and bitch-slap them in the face or something

Edited by action
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

@DieselDaisy

Who was that at the top pic? What's the story behind it? I've never seen it before.

And why did Weiland say all of that? What's the story behind?

Velvet Revolver dressed as Nugnr, well McKagan is a woman for some reason. Weiland is certainly Rose and Slash is Bucket.

Slash's inebriated nocturnal ride to Axl's Malibu house.

• Thanks 1

A lot more people care about Steven than y'all think. At the Nashville show when he came the stadium nearly shook from the cheers. The ones who don't care are the teeny boppers who just like wearing the shirts. Also Izzy is more greedy than people think. He don't care because he has money. If he was broke I doubt he'd turn their offer down

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Who was that at the top pic? What's the story behind it? I've never seen it before.

Duff was dressed as Courtney Love :lol:

And why did Weiland say all of that? What's the story behind?

Summary with links:

--------

To point out a difference between all these quotes from the past and the subject of this thread: When all those things were said they were "bitter enemies" and not in good terms even on a superficial, "social" level. It was like a war between exes and their camps :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ruttu69 said:

How high you must be when you're thinking that Steven, a man who hasn't done proper tour since the AFD days, and who already got injured at the rehearsals could do 3+ hour shows for two years straight 😂

How high you must be to think that a drummer that didn t participate in the 4 epic GNR albums that are the essence of GNR can be called anything else than hired hand. 

what do you prefer ? 3 + hours show with hired hands and chinese songs or a 2 hours GNR show with all 5 guys who could have done only 1 leg each continent? 

I prefer a shorter concert with real deal than having to deal with Frank and Melissa...

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, ruttu69 said:

wait. So how come Axl injured himself the first night at Troubador and slash and duff didn t call him 2 days afterwards and told him to f##k off cause he was injured? :shrugs:

Easy hit the weakest target. it makes me :vomit:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

They will never trust Izzy to complete a world tour. He bails on stuff like it's no big deal. Richard Fortus is there because he does a good job, but he also treats it like a job. He shows up and works. Nobody is ever asking, "Where's Richard?" That's why Axl likes him.

Also, Izzy signed away his percentage of the GNR partnership. That is worth major dough and he'll never get it back.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kickingthehabit said:

He shows up and works. Nobody is ever asking, "Where's Richard?" That's why Axl likes him.

The irony of it.... huh? :lol:

Until not so long ago, everybody was asking to themselves "Where's Axl?" and even the fans feared of having their show cancelled at every minute.

But Izzy and Adler are the unreliable ones :facepalm:

7 hours ago, action said:

on the height of the madness, we got this

frank-ferrer-richard-fortus-ron-bumblefo

never again

That photo would be a lot less cringey if Axl was at least there! lol but without Axl this photo might as well have been just a bunch of random guys walking down the street being asked to hold the signs

• Thanks 1