Steve Vai: "New AC/DC studio album with Axl Rose would be fantastic"

nikosgnr

image-placeholder-title.jpg

"I think that'd be fantastic. Don't you? I mean, AC/DC can't make any mistakes; they're perfect. [Laughs] And Axl is one of the quintessential frontmen, and he's also an incredible singer.

Vai added that he heard from GUNS N' ROSES' "Appetite For Destruction"-era producer Mike Clink that Rose was a breeze to work with in the studio.

"He said Axl would just come in and nail it first take," the guitarist said. "There's so much connectedness in the way he sings, I think that'd be fantastic."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steve-vai-says-new-ac-dc-studio-album-with-axl-rose-would-be-fantastic/

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

It's a shame Axl couldn't of gotten Vai in Nugnr at some point. Say what you will about Buckethead or BBF, Vai pisses on both of them imo. Those 2 albums he did with DLR are rock gold imo. I wish Vai would do some more stuff like that, with ANYBODY really. With a singer like Axl it would be epic.

On 13.4.2018 at 3:45 PM, Iron MikeyJ said:

It's a shame Axl couldn't of gotten Vai in Nugnr at some point. Say what you will about Buckethead or BBF, Vai pisses on both of them imo. Those 2 albums he did with DLR are rock gold imo. I wish Vai would do some more stuff like that, with ANYBODY really. With a singer like Axl it would be epic.

Hell no, Steve Vai is even less Rock N' Roll than Bumblebucket. He just can't rock, that's a fact. Great person though.

• 1 month later...
On 22/04/2018 at 3:43 PM, Iron MikeyJ said:

I gotta disagree, his work with DLR out rocks ANY current or former Guns guitar player not named Slash.

It also out-rocks both albums Slash made with Myles. By far.

• Like 1