ANDREW DICE CLAY: "I had everything to do with putting GN’R back together. I actually physically went to work on [that]"

Andrew_Dice_Clay_CDV_LD_t1024.jpg?b3f067

"I had everything to do with putting Guns ‘N’ Roses back together, so I went to their first show. My boys have a band called Still Rebel, which is real rock ‘n’ roll, so my son, who’s now 27, he’s the drummer of the band since he was 15 he would tell me, he goes, “Dad, you know you’re the only one who can put that band back together.” So when I saw what my boys were doing, in my mind I was like, “Alright, we gotta bring rock ‘n’ roll back in a bigger than life way.” And I was always close with Gun ‘N’ Roses, so I actually physically went to work on piecing them back together. I was glad they got together, just putting rock ‘n’ roll back out there. Now L.A. Guns is doing it, which I love. They’ve got a new album. It’s great to see, and that helps my sons’ band, which is reminiscent of the ’70s rock, the ’80s rock. Melodic rock ‘n’ roll."

ANDREW DICE CLAY, Las Vegas Magazine, April 20, 2018

FULL INTERVIEW = https://lasvegasmagazine.com/interviews/qa/2018/apr/20/andrew-dice-clay-laugh-factory-tropicana-comedy/#/0

• GNFNR 1

43 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Lol, no.

He didn't get the memo from GN'R. Remeber when him and others took credit for the reunion when it was announced? Soon after GN'R issued a statement saying something like outsiders didn't play any role.

I don't know why is he saying the same bullshit again

14 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Who knows, maybe he did actually have words with Axl after that Metal Hammer awards induction he gave to him

So did Steven Tyler...and many more! :P

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/steven-tyler-helped-convince-axl-rose-to-reunite-guns-n-roses-20160126

Steven Tyler told Howard Stern he was one of several people to get in Axl Rose's ear and convince him to reunite Guns N' Roses with guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/steven-tyler-helped-convince-axl-rose-to-reunite-guns-n-roses-20160126

Steven Tyler told Howard Stern he was one of several people to get in Axl Rose's ear and convince him to reunite Guns N' Roses with guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

Now everyone they want adjudicate the reunion, but if reunion not would had success these people not say nothing 😒

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I don't know if this guy is popular in the US, but the only reason I know of him is because of Entourage. 

I think he was popular in years 80'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I’m more than aware of what Steven said that Guns quickly shot down, but who knows if Andrew really did have any influence on the reunion

22 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

I’m more than aware of what Steven said that Guns quickly shot down, but who knows if Andrew really did have any influence on the reunion

Yes, because Axl is man easy be influenced......😑

3 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yes...he was very popular in the 80's! At least in the US. 

As he will say as often as possible, he is the only comedian to sell out Madison Square Garden on two consecutive nights.  Somebody else might have done it since.  He did it in 1990.  Is it coincidence that GNR started falling apart in 1990?  Hmmmm....

2 hours ago, tremolo said:

Who is this guy? His name and picture don’t ring a bell.

A stand up comic/actor that was crazy popular for a few years in the mid 80s to early 90s. His peak career pretty much parallelled GNR in time frame. He was famous for telling dirty jokes especially his re-writes of nursery rhymes. Examples of the cleaner ones:

Jack and Jill went up the hill, both with a buck and a quarter. Jill came down with two fifty.

or

Little Boy Blue....he needed the money