ANDREW DICE CLAY: "I had everything to do with putting GN’R back together. I actually physically went to work on [that]"

9 hours ago, tremolo said:

Who is this guy? His name and picture don’t ring a bell.

Not sure if this is sarcasm to drive home how far he's fallen, but he was a comedy legend in the later 80's early 90's.  He knew the band, for sure, but his assertion he reunited them is pretty lol.

Edited by DeadSlash

This guys was huge, and is held in high regard among stand ups but he went away from the scene for a good many years and has largely been forgotten by the mainstream.

Now... onto the comments, I don't care what he thinks he said to Axl or whoever, he had nothing to do with the decision. Does he honestly think he was the first person to "physically" get on the job of putting that band back together? how about the countless managers and promoters who begged over the years.

Axl got back together with Slash and Duff because he decided he wanted to, NOT because because someone else told him it was a good idea. There's also the matter of a huge cash offer as the extra incentive. I don't actually think the decision was all down to cash though, if it was just the cash this reunion (of sorts) would have happened years ago, all parties matured and wanted to put their differences aside, having a good professional relationship. If they couldn't get on then they wouldn't have hit the road again IMO (although there are plenty of acts out there that hate each other and tour). Axl could have easily found new members for the band and successfully toured arenas, making a very healthy living; I think the revolving door of musicians from 99-2014 proves that promoters saw value in Axl alone and that people were happy to pay €80 to see the band regardless of the line up.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

He was popular around the same time GNR was.

Fell off around the same time they did aswell.

Just for different reasons. Guns fell off due to themselves, he fell off because a comedy act is going to get old after a while. Especially one based on a "character."

23 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Just for different reasons. Guns fell off due to themselves, he fell off because a comedy act is going to get old after a while. Especially one based on a "character."

He was a little before my time but ive never found him to be funny.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tremolo said:

I seriously didn’t know who he is. Imight check some of his material later.

This was one of my favorite bits he did, but I'm not sure it was one of his most popular.  He's super offensive.

This is what he was most known for:

I still say b.s., but I suppose his story would be the most believable since we know he talked to Axl in 2014. 

Also, this picture, I think it was backstage during the Vegas shows in 2014. I remember one headline at the time saying something like, "this is what a Guns N' Roses backstage area looks like in 2014." 

cage-dice-clay.jpg?w=650

Edited by themadcaplaughs

On April 26, 2018 at 10:42 AM, themadcaplaughs said:

I still say b.s., but I suppose his story would be the most believable since we know he talked to Axl in 2014. 

Also, this picture, I think it was backstage during the Vegas shows in 2014. I remember one headline at the time saying something like, "this is what a Guns N' Roses backstage area looks like in 2014." 

cage-dice-clay.jpg?w=650

Is Cage seriously wearing a shirt of his own meme face? XD

16 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I am surprised there are GNR fans that do not know who this guy is.

Either they have bad memories or they are very young. Dice and GNR(old band) have history together. He opened for GNR.

Maybe he's not well known outside the US :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

As someone from the UK, I hadn't heard of him until about 3 months ago when I stumbled across the show 'Dice'.

Since then I've downloaded the full box set and think it's hilarious. However, that also led onto me downloading one of his stand-up shows and we had to turn it off it was that bad - like a US version of Chubby Brown