God of War (PS4)

RussTCB

God of War is simply amazing. Get it. 

It's a mix of zelda, bloodborne combat and old God of War. Avoid spoilers at all costs. It is also a very big game: count 30h to finish it at least. 

Edited by st0n3r

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 7:28 AM, st0n3r said:

God of War is simply amazing. Get it. 

It's a mix of zelda, bloodborne combat and old God of War. Avoid spoilers at all costs. It is also a very big game: count 30h to finish it at least. 

On 4/27/2018 at 10:29 AM, CheapJon said:

This is the game I'm buying a PS4 for. And that's not having played any GOW game before. Planning on picking it up tomorrow!

Ended up buying it and have since beat the main story. It was every bit as good as I expected and hoped!

On 2018-05-12 at 6:10 PM, RussTCB said:

Ended up buying it and have since beat the main story. It was every bit as good as I expected and hoped!

I did too, absolutely incredible game. Already looking forward to "sequels". Got goose bumps at the ending...

• Like 1

So here's something awful....................................

I completed the game so I decided to go around doing side missions and what not. My son asked if he could play the game so I said yes but make sure you start a new game so you don't spoil anything for yourself.

Anyone want to guess where this is going??

Yep. He started a new game and it erased all of my saved files........................................DAMMIT.

I don't have it in me to go through the whole thing again, so I'm just going to deal with the fact that I'm never going to complete all those side missions lol.

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So here's something awful....................................

I completed the game so I decided to go around doing side missions and what not. My son asked if he could play the game so I said yes but make sure you start a new game so you don't spoil anything for yourself.

Anyone want to guess where this is going??

Yep. He started a new game and it erased all of my saved files........................................DAMMIT.

I don't have it in me to go through the whole thing again, so I'm just going to deal with the fact that I'm never going to complete all those side missions lol.

Ugh, that sucks. I've noticed that with some other games as well. I guess nowadays every one using the consoles has to have their own "user" to prevent that from happening. 

I've got plenty of side missions left, treasure maps, letter chests, soul quests and collectibles etc. (not to mention killing the fucking Valkyries, just won't bother with them) but I doubt I'll complete most of them, with the story being over I don't have the same motivation but we'll see. Might replay it sometime.

Also I gotta say, since I completed the story I've bought some more games for my PS4 but they just can't be compared to GoW, have barely played them, the awesomeness of God of War have ruined the other games.:P 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 11:24 AM, CheapJon said:

Ugh, that sucks. I've noticed that with some other games as well. I guess nowadays every one using the consoles has to have their own "user" to prevent that from happening. 

I've got plenty of side missions left, treasure maps, letter chests, soul quests and collectibles etc. (not to mention killing the fucking Valkyries, just won't bother with them) but I doubt I'll complete most of them, with the story being over I don't have the same motivation but we'll see. Might replay it sometime.

Also I gotta say, since I completed the story I've bought some more games for my PS4 but they just can't be compared to GoW, have barely played them, the awesomeness of God of War have ruined the other games.:P 

I put it on easy the second time so I could bust through it quickly. So now I'm pretty much back to where I was. I already beat on of the valkyries and freed one of the dragons, so now I just need to get to the rest.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, RussTCB said:

I put it on easy the second time so I could bust through it quickly. So now I'm pretty much back to where I was. I already beat on of the valkyries and freed one of the dragons, so now I just need to get to the rest.

I reckon you still has loads and loads of stuff to do. Did you do Muspelheim and Nilfheim? You should, as they will provide you with the very best gear (and best looking too).

You will need it for the Valkyries, trust me.

1 hour ago, Pedrolg said:

I reckon you still has loads and loads of stuff to do. Did you do Muspelheim and Nilfheim? You should, as they will provide you with the very best gear (and best looking too).

You will need it for the Valkyries, trust me.

I just now went to Nilfiem, so that'll take me a bit to mess with. I did stop in at Muspelheim but the valkyrie didn't show up even though it was on the map, so I'm not sure what's up there. 

I've beaten 4 of the valkyries so far, so now I'm going to gear up via Nilfiem, then go take on the rest. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I just now went to Nilfiem, so that'll take me a bit to mess with. I did stop in at Muspelheim but the valkyrie didn't show up even though it was on the map, so I'm not sure what's up there. 

I've beaten 4 of the valkyries so far, so now I'm going to gear up via Nilfiem, then go take on the rest. 

Muspelheim is a set of challenges. Each big sword stuck on the ground provides one or two from a total of six. You need to complete every single one to get access to the Valkyrie. Once you defeat her you open up harder challenges, leading up to an ultimate gauntlet. Rewards are massive and allow you to eventually fully upgrade the muspelheim armor sets.

If you want to complete the Valkyries favor you'll have to beat the muspel one. She is a tough bastard, that one. You might come out of the battle feeling, eh, unworthy...

On 5/22/2018 at 6:19 PM, Pedrolg said:

Muspelheim is a set of challenges. Each big sword stuck on the ground provides one or two from a total of six. You need to complete every single one to get access to the Valkyrie. Once you defeat her you open up harder challenges, leading up to an ultimate gauntlet. Rewards are massive and allow you to eventually fully upgrade the muspelheim armor sets.

If you want to complete the Valkyries favor you'll have to beat the muspel one. She is a tough bastard, that one. You might come out of the battle feeling, eh, unworthy...

I cleared through Muspelheim including the valkyrie. Then I cleared through Niflheim including all the realm tears. Went and killed Kara after that because I forgot to before. I went to fight the valkyrie queen and promptly got my ass handed to me lol. 

I'll probably attempt beating her again in a few days. I don't think I have a whole lot left to do after that. 

I did pick up GoW 3 Remastered though. I've never played a GoW game before, so hopefully it'll be fun to go back and play through 3 Remastered. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I cleared through Muspelheim including the valkyrie and all the realm tears. Went and killed Kara as well. I went to fight the valkyrie queen and promptly got my ass handed to me lol. 

I'll probably attempt beating her again in a few days. I don't think I have a whole lot left to do after that. 

I did pick up GoW 3 Remastered though. I've never played a GoW game before, so hopefully it'll be fun to go back and play through 3 Remastered. 

The queen is the toughest challenge the game offers, so you've done well leaving her last. It takes patience and plenty of tries to beat her.

Hope you enjoy GoW 3, but the previous games are very different from this one. They are straight up action games, with linear design, a much more violent and less mature story. GoW 3 also picks up after a cliffhanger with Kratos right in the middle of the whole thing he is waging. I had a blast when I played it, it's a great game!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, Pedrolg said:

The queen is the toughest challenge the game offers, so you've done well leaving her last. It takes patience and plenty of tries to beat her.

Hope you enjoy GoW 3, but the previous games are very different from this one. They are straight up action games, with linear design, a much more violent and less mature story. GoW 3 also picks up after a cliffhanger with Kratos right in the middle of the whole thing he is waging. I had a blast when I played it, it's a great game!

Bought GoWIII Remaster but only played it for about 5 minutes. It's not the action based gaming that bothered me so much as the terrible (compared to the new game) controls. I'm sure the controls were great for everyone who played I & II but for me it's completely foreign because I went backwards. 

I'm sure I'll return to it at some point but for now I went back to GoW PS4. Just knocking out favors along with freeing the other dragons I didn't bother with. We'll see what happens when I run out of things to do lol.

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Bought GoWIII Remaster but only played it for about 5 minutes. It's not the action based gaming that bothered me so much as the terrible (compared to the new game) controls. I'm sure the controls were great for everyone who played I & II but for me it's completely foreign because I went backwards. 

I'm sure I'll return to it at some point but for now I went back to GoW PS4. Just knocking out favors along with freeing the other dragons I didn't bother with. We'll see what happens when I run out of things to do lol.

Yeah, I feared that could happen. Truth is the old games are a whole level below the last one. This GOW is pretty much a masterpiece imo.

Once you run out of stuff to do you could try Give God of War difficulty. It's really soul crushing, so the experience as a GNR fan for the last 10 years should come very handy :D

• Haha 1