Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

14 minutes ago, coolio GNR said:

I really don't understand why everyone is saying AFD 5 when Izzy's picture is clearly being blacked out.

It's not blacked out. The billboard is there. The position of the fanmade photo isn't perfect because of the tree in front of Izzy.

I think it's just a radio thing starting to promote the upcoming euro tour. Nothing more. 

In my humble opinion all this will be is them playing Appetite in its entirety..

-*maybe Izzy and Adler make guest appearances at best... but Dizzy, 4tus, Frank, and Melissa all tag GnR in all their social media. No way they would do so if they were out and a full reunion was in the works. Also note Adler being a crybaby per usual.

• Like 1

Don't get excited about the original 5 happening. IMO if the original 5 was the plan and they've released billboards... Steven would be clued in and NOT bashing GNR in the press. My vote is that the original 5 is NOT happening (right now). 

Next run of shows and the run after that (my guess) will be the same band we've seen since 2016.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Wait so without reading this whole thread...what is going on ?

A billboard with AFD skulls (each member) was put up, and now people think a full reunion is happening:facepalm: oh wait... It's also WAY unfair if GNR don't do AFD shows now:lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why the domain FM? Unless they are moving to the Federated states of Micronesia, couldn't it mean another GNR radio type of thing connected to AFD? Of course since they are always late, they missed the anniversary by a year.

Gnr.com is taken ;) Seriously though, it is weird that they use a FM domain.

I don’t think it’s an AFD5 reunion, sadly. If it is the timing is odd with the Euro tour coming up soon. Would Izzy and Steven join that tour? Unlikely. And if they joined for a US trek after Europe, and announced it now, I think the European fans would feel a bit miffed..

I think the billboard is just a teaser for more US tour dates coming soon.

Edited by GunsDK

40 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Wait so without reading this whole thread...what is going on ?

Reader's Digest Version:

Another Billboard publicity campaign has started for a site from UMG-gnr.fm, various people are busy building it up into something grandiose they will inevitably be disappointed in and blame the band when it fails to come to pass. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GunsDK said:

Gnr.com is taken ;) Seriously though, it is weird that they use a FM domain.

I don’t think it’s an AFD5 reunion, sadly. If it is the timing is odd with the Euro tour coming up soon. Would Izzy and Steven join that tour? Unlikely. And if they joined for a US trek after Europe, and announced it now, I think the European fans would feel a bit miffed..

I think the billboard is just a teaser for more US tour dates coming soon.

Before the Apollo show they had an exclusive Sirius XM GNR station for several days (maybe weeks).  I assume this is something similar.

2agkznt.png

Edited by slim26
  • Thanks 1

I hope it is a re-issue. AFD seriously needs a remaster IMO - some type of deluxe version is well overdue when you consider it's one of the most important hard rock albums in history.

Other bands have 10th, 20th, and 30th anniversary editions of records that are arguably less important in the scheme of things. 

16 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

It will be a AFD remaster.

Which will be very disappointing if it doesn't include some great (and i mean great) bonus material. 

If it is a remastered AFD, I would assume it has more to do with prior commitments made to "Universal Music Enterprises" (whom gnr.fm is registered to when they created it on 3/21/2018) to generate revenue and little to do with the current band.  Otherwise, it would not make sense to create a new website for that purpose.  I think the site may have more content than just an announcement for a remastered record that would likely only sell to hardcore GNR fans. 

GNR.FM is only owned for 1 year which would suggest it will be a short lived campaign.  I'm guessing a free station streaming GNR for a few weeks (or months) to pump fans up for upcoming performances.

Edited by slim26
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I believe it's a new album... For real this time!

@Oldest Goat has put too much faith into this for it not to turn out the way he hopes for...:lol:

Unless the new album has contributions from Izzy and Steven (extremely unlikely unless it's remastered AFD) it would have lawsuits written all over it for misrepresenting them.  I hope my assumptions based on logic and history of promotion for this band is proven wrong and its actually something to get excited about such as new songs or live performances with Izzy and Steven, but I doubt it.  Fool me once shame on them, fool me consitently for 25 years, shame on me.

Edited by slim26
  • Like 2