Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Guns N' Roses, the way they operates now, reminds me of a certain sporting administration body which has particular interest for me - I'll not bore you with the details. Very impersonal, corporate and ''filtered'', as if there is this big wall between the band and their public profile.  

• Sad 1

I'm not falling for it this time. Not after the 30th anniversary promo that ended up nothing! 

I've been let down too many times. 

Theres no way in hell this is a reunion for a one off show. It makes NO sense to do this now. 

more likeky one of the following 

1. Radio channel with bits and bobs plus all the albums on rotation (whoopdey do) 

2. AFD remastered (whoopdey do) 

3. Nothing - just like the billboards in time square that lead us all on only for it to be a few more gigs. 

4. New merch on top of a repackaged AFD to celebrate it (the timing is still weird if it's this) 

im prepared to put everything I've got on it that it's not an AFD5 show. 

I know there's a lot of (valid) scepticism about this, but it would be a pretty low blow for the band/TB to specifically use the imagery of the original 5 members for something that doesn't directly involve Izzy and Steven. All other promo seems to have consistently included just Axl/Slash/Duff.. I'm sure I've even seen skulls of Melissa/Frank/Fortus included in promo/merch previously.. 

I guess I'm just saying this to rule out theories of more tour dates or activities involving the NITL lineup.

Edited by sparka

Just made a little research: the domain name gnr.fm was registered march 21 and belongs to Universal Music...

So it seems to me that it’s more likely to be some kind of remaster / reissue (they would never use AF5 artwork for new music and touring is up to LiveNation...)

16 minutes ago, Shalalaknees said:

Just made a little research: the domain name gnr.fm was registered march 21 and belongs to Universal Music...

So it seems to me that it’s more likely to be some kind of remaster / reissue (they would never use AF5 artwork for new music and touring is up to LiveNation...)

An AFD re-release seems most likely, but it's generic. Of course many people will buy it, and that's what the management would be hoping for. But people who have been following the band through the wilderness years, the Chinese years, and through the reunion years - us - have been left out in the cold. I'm not very interested in a re-release of an already perfect 31 year-old album, but then again, i am not the target audience.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

I don't know how the tickets for the upcoming tour are selling, but many places have probably not sold out yet. So far they haven't done a lot of advertising, so now a few months before the tour they are probably starting. Last week there was a discount action deal for tickets to the show in my country announced through a press release. Coincidence?

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

I don't know how the tickets for the upcoming tour are selling, but many places have probably not sold out yet. So far they haven't done a lot of advertising, so now a few months before the tour they are probably starting. Last week there was a discount action deal for tickets to the show in my country announced through a press release. Coincidence?

Maybe universal music trying to take advantage of upcoming shows for whatever they are advertising.  Why would universal music advertise for a tour where Live Nation and the band get the revenue?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Maybe universal music trying to take advantage of upcoming shows for whatever they are advertising.  Why would universal music advertise for a tour where Live Nation and the band get the revenue?

Whatever they're doing, releasing another clothing or shampoo line, there's definitely a correlation between this and the Euro tour... the timing can't be a coincidence.

Edited by EvanG

10 minutes ago, koldweather said:

My guess is a London show as a warm up gig, like the Apollo show was. Maybe a venue from 87 if they are still around? 

Camden has a few theatre venues that have hosted A-list 'surprise' or warm-up shows in recent years. Prince, Kanye West etc...

Any confirmation on other locations for the poster?

Edited by sparka

When they play together nobody will believe it ... I noticed strange movement this couple of months tho... Alice Cooper said that Izzy will be on Hollywood Vampires Album, and slash and duff are guests too, then Matt Sorum wishes Axl a happy B-day, and then duff and slash did the same with Izzy.. but I don't know, it could be anything at this point ... I think the page has to do with a live streaming... now i saw there isn't any gig in London yet... maybe is a surprise show with the 5... but who knows...

bored042.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Radio streaming isn't really a thing in the UK. Our radio is much different over here.

There could have been a rights issue or legal battle why whatever is planned wasn't done last year for the 30th. 

My guess, a remastered appetite, original artwork and maybe they stream a live show or release a show to help promo it.

Interesting they are doing it this year.....should have been done last year as a 30th anniversary. I suppose theres real time and "gnr time"

• Like 1