Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

For all the FREE PUBLICITY this forum has provided to the band throughout the years.... TB could honor them with a Free Locked N' Loaded set to give away among fans.

Heck, they could make 5 of them!

:lol:

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

shipping cost? seriously? they just raked in half a billion dollars... :lol:

Did you overlook the OR? 

Contest rules vary widely by country, but I'm sure you aren't interested in actual facts. 

This is all theoretical anyway- no contest has been announced yet. 

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

For all the FREE PUBLICITY this forum has provided to the band throughout the years.... TB could honor them with a Free Locked N' Loaded set to give away among fans.

Heck, they could make 5 of them!

5?

This is how our negotiation with free Lock N' Loaded would go with GNR management. :lol:

2 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

Did you overlook the OR? 

Contest rules vary widely by country, but I'm sure you aren't interested in actual facts. 

This is all theoretical anyway- no contest has been announced yet. 

I did...

but then again, I dont understand what being a different country has to do with contest rules. It's not like you're competing for an AK-47. 

2 minutes ago, tony adler said:

I just ordered 2 disc set on amazon, no track listing any idea of what’s on those 2 , I can always cancel?

You should be able to since it won't ship out for a while

Just now, Spirit said:

9 pm pacific time. That's when the countdown ends isn't it?

Yes

11 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I did...

but then again, I dont understand what being a different country has to do with contest rules. It's not like you're competing for an AK-47. 

Google is your friend. 

http://www.mardenkane.com/articles/international-sweepstakes-contest-laws-may-cause-problems.html

Edited by RazorGunner

1 minute ago, Kittiara said:

That's not good. Maybe offer a voluntary annual membership? I was quite happy to pay for club membership. Wouldn't mind paying another $10 - $15 to help keep this forum going. I get more out of it than I ever did out of the official fan club...

Thanks, I appreciate that but I don't mind keeping this place going as the expense isn't too great.  

But it limits what we can do in terms of contests and giveaways.  Our host provider has squeezed us on hosting costs and hence there's no more money to give away tickets, merch, shirts, etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

ok, correction Tidal is streaming A VERSION. usually in WAV. 

Yeah, since the box set promo says up to 192/24, which is super high resolution, I'm not to worried about the sound quality of this release.

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Thanks, I appreciate that but I don't mind keeping this place going as the expense isn't too great.  

But it limits what we can do in terms of contests and giveaways.  Our host provider has squeezed us on hosting costs and hence there's no more money to give away tickets, merch, shirts, etc.

what do you mean by saying 'you need to turn forum into HTGTG' in order to receive acknowledgement from GNR management?

Just now, Spirit said:

Yeah, since the box set promo says up to 192/24, which is super high resolution, I'm not to worried about the sound quality of this release.

I always love when they say that, BECAUSE the original im sure was mixed in 16/44100, so when you mix it UP to 24/192, where does the 'extra' come from? (hint: its usually manufactured, and you need an ultra high end system to even hear it) Sometimes it's done VERY badly. 

1 minute ago, downzy said:

off topic post, but I just wanna express my thanks for keeping this site going, through all the fucking shit. with the good comes the bad and in the end its you who pays the bills, so that's that.

maybe, if things get too hairy, could you consider a free forum hosting service, something like peaceout.freeforums or something? I'm not an expert in this matter so I dont know if this information is of any use to you, but I just wanted you to know. so cheers.

• Like 1