Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Just now, ASLayerAODsk said:

I always love when they say that, BECAUSE the original im sure was mixed in 16/44100, so when you mix it UP to 24/192, where does the 'extra' come from? (hint: its usually manufactured, and you need an ultra high end system to even hear it) Sometimes it's done VERY badly. 

Yeah, it's overkill.

The promo also mention both 96 and 44.1 kHz, with both 16 and 24 bit.

So, a 44.1/16 should be adequate.

Point is, the release won't stand back in quality to whatever Tidal will be streaming.

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

Yeah, it's overkill.

The promo also mention both 96 and 44.1 kHz, with both 16 and 24 bit.

So, a 44.1/16 should be adequate.

Point is, the release won't stand back in quality to whatever Tidal will be streaming.

and just to be clear, Tidal is streaming the Hollywood Rose - Attitude for Destruction version. 

Just now, ASLayerAODsk said:

and just to be clear, Tidal is streaming the Hollywood Rose - Attitude for Destruction version. 

I figured, it's the same as is available on Spotify.

I suppose the GNR version will be available in about 7 hrs.

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

I figured, it's the same as is available on Spotify.

I suppose the GNR version will be available in about 7 hrs.

yeah, they are going after youtube, but leaving the streaming sites alone, considering they are the highest quality vs youtube, its a bit lopsided in priorities it would seem....

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

It's 5.48 pm here, we don't go to bed that early, lol

I also work online so yup.

make sure you write your posts in the correct screen though. otherwise your boss could come into your office and ask what the hell SOYL is supposed to mean :ph34r:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, action said:

off topic post, but I just wanna express my thanks for keeping this site going, through all the fucking shit. with the good comes the bad and in the end its you who pays the bills, so that's that.

maybe, if things get too hairy, could you consider a free forum hosting service, something like peaceout.freeforums or something? I'm not an expert in this matter so I dont know if this information is of any use to you, but I just wanted you to know. so cheers.

I want to echo this post.  I don't post often, but I still check this site almost every day, and have been doing so consistently for the last 12 years.  It's so great to be able to come here and post honest opinions/thoughts, unlike certain other sites that were censored.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

amazon.com has the re-mastered cd for pre order, but there are 3 different ones.

There's no picture of the cd yet nor is there songs listed. I want to know what songs will be on the deluxe edition? Is there more songs or something added to the package? There's also a cd super deluxe for $179. That's not going to happen unless it has Axl's phone number in the cd. lol

Another ploy for making more money. Shit!

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

He means that since he allows free speech here...allows people to voice their opinions about the band, etc....no matter if it's good or bad....the forum is sort of "black listed" by G N' R Management.  Since (pretty much) any negative opinion (or most of them) tend to get censored, etc at HTGTH, that site tends to get more attention from GN'R Management....even though that site probably has 1/10 the traffic and the amount of active users that this site has. 

It's been like this for close to 15+ years.   MYGNR was always sort of the "bad boy" of GN'R Forums....yet it has always been #1 in terms of traffic, members, activity, etc.

(Axl did make an appearance here a few years ago...and although it ended fine....there were definitely some fireworks mixed in....:lol:)

mygnrforums - the worlds most dangerous gnr forum!

htgth - the worlds most 'safe n censored' gnr forum! (Kim Jong Un would approve!)

:D 

Edited by ASLayerAODsk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

yep. ;)

I am 5 hours ahead of you, which means the countdown is gonna end sooner for me... :lol::lol::lol: 

I'll send you some info from the future...

It's all Back to the Future with this band! :lol::facepalm:

28 minutes ago, action said:

make sure you write your posts in the correct screen though. otherwise your boss could come into your office and ask what the hell SOYL is supposed to mean :ph34r:

I am my own boss :slash:

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

If there is like 300 active members. Everyone can donate $1 symbolically, the rest covers the forum.

If not, then the regular version for 180 $ (180 members enter). It's not that impossible. ;)

call Fernando, he is forum member☎📞🌞

18 minutes ago, downzy said:

The short end of it is that I would love to give away one of the box sets to a forum member, but I just can't swing it financially right now and I'd rather avoid going hat in hand to management asking for one.

Just one little thing.... :ph34r:

When I said what I said I was mostly kidding but not entirely, and I didn't mean to say that you should go asking them for anything. I truly believe THEY should give freebies to you, as a sign of gratitude for keeping this community of fans going on.

We may not all behave like they would like us to do it but Im sure most of us here have attended their shows and purchased merchandise, so we're just like any other fan at other forums B-)

• Like 1