Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Ok wtf

I was trying to listen to the “wake up it’s time to play” version of SOYL (my personal favorite) on YouTube

and UMG blocked it!!!!! O_O

Not only that, that was the only demo they did block! They didn’t even block the version from Roots.

Whatever this means, idk

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

49 unreleased tracks?!...WHAT! 

I'm a happy man. This just made my god damn week!

49 'unreleased' tracks that have been on youtube for the past 10 years, freely till the past 24 hours as UMG is removing as many as possible it seems. Just in a bit better quality in some aspects, and some in manufactured quality levels(24/192)

1 minute ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

49 'unreleased' tracks that have been on youtube for the past 10 years, freely till the past 24 hours as UMG is removing as many as possible it seems. Just in a bit better quality in some aspects, and some in manufactured quality levels(24/192)

Why you gotta do that to my man?

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

58 minutes ago, Spirit said:

...and then he did the UYIs.

Which were fantastic albums in their own right.

Unlike many, I love that the band decided to release all the music they had been working on, rather than just release the best 12 or so songs. That way I could choose which of the 30 I enjoy most. If they didn't release all 30, think of all the songs we liked that wouldn't have been released?!

At any rate, the point is that had they went the route of only releasing 12 songs for UYI, that single album would have rivaled AFD in many ways and, for some, exceeded.

Pick your 12 favorites from both albums then compare it.

• Like 1

So at this rate, they could release a $600 box set for EVERY album to date. wow....thats a LOT of cash. As this one is JUST AFD....and you KNOW these guys already have a road map of that sorta thing...

Edited by ASLayerAODsk

I'd have to think there are 10,000 die hards worldwide that'll pay for this. $650× 10,000 = six and a half million. Minus production costs and the posters people are ripping down that is probably still close to 6.5 million in profits. Get it while you can boys!

1 minute ago, thunderram said:

I'm pissed. Cause I'm gonna have to buy this damn thing for that ridiculous price. There's just too much cool stuff included not to have it. The embossed leather and wood cabinet with wooden cross looks awesome!

I've preordered on Amazon at the $180 price, hopefully it's got more than just 4 discs. 

53 minutes ago, wafflehead said:

Wtf they removed like 20-25 songs of the demos and rare tracks playlist on YouTube

R.I.P. November Rain guitar demo

see, I am old school.  Bought all those cds and more off ebay in the 90s