Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

9 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

How long til the first gofundme account is set up so a fan can afford the $650 version?

Plenty of fans can afford that price if they choose to do so. 

I'm certain someone will try to take advantage of others with a plan like that though. It's the internet after all. 

14 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

previously unreleased photos from Axl's personal collection!

wjhat does that even mean?

photos taken by axl?

photos taken by other people that are in axl possession?

doesnt look that attractive to me

unless it shows the GNR guys rehearsing with acoustic guitars or something and the caption reads "this is taken on the day we were working on brownstone at west's house" or something

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Getting pissed off because they're re-releasing a 30 year old album without Adler and Izzy being in the band currently is a pretty ridiculous reach. They're both getting paid for it and Izzy could've had some involvement for all we know.

that is an equally ridiculous statement i may add, i cannot picture any other scenario then the 5 of them reuniting due to the sheer over the top hype where otherwise it is a bit of a PR debacle to say the least 

no other frontman has hated his hard core fans more than Axl and TB and their useless wanabee possee i remain hopeful nevertheless 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

that is an equally ridiculous statement i may add, i cannot picture any other scenario then the 5 of them reuniting due to the sheer over the top hype where otherwise it is a bit of a PR debacle to say the least 

Hype amongst the hardcore faithful, that likely make up no more than 10 to maybe 15 percent of people who have and will buy tickets to Guns concerts that have Axl and Slash on stage.  

I love Izzy (Steven I could take or leave) and would love to see him on stage.  But let's not pretend that were they be included that it would make all that much difference in ticket sales.  Very few of the people who I know who have seen Guns in the last couple of years cared about Izzy or Steven or Matt not being included.  A vast majority were excited solely by seeing Axl and Slash on stage, and Duff was a bonus.  

2 minutes ago, tony adler said:

Anyone been monitoring radio stations? I’m in Ohio, so I don’t know what time that would be by Australian timezone( they keep saying Friday so we’ll see🤔

1hr 26min left. 12:34 currently in Australia

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

2 minutes ago, diegodasilva23 said:

It's written in japanese, I translated and it says this is professional shooting. So, yes, this is a proshot.

Someone in the download section said they bought it, I asked him/her to confirm what show it is from. 

5 minutes ago, tony adler said:

Anyone been monitoring radio stations? I’m in Ohio, so I don’t know what time that would be by Australian timezone( they keep saying Friday so we’ll see🤔

Im in Ohio as well my local radio station has been talking on and off about it. I believe its midnight which is basically Friday

39 minutes ago, vloors said:

There are a lot of cashed up people where $650 is nothing to them. I'm sure they will still sell out.

idk, I'm a freak of a fan, and I'm cashed up but I just don't see the value in the Swag to justify $650.  I just care about the music.  The price tag isn't an obstacle to me at all, but why do I want flyers and temporary tattoos?    I don't see those people being in the same demographic, does that make sense?  Like the people who are like "Oh damn! Temp tats?!? Yes, I DO have $650!"

All i wanted from this kind of thing is UYI Tour pro-shots,i know they recorded every single show and considering some parts who exist on youtube that's  fucking gold.Wembley 91,Hartford 93, and many others.

I hope they release pro-shots in the future,i have no interest in these "new" songs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gnr5 said:

Someone in the download section said they bought it, I asked him/her to confirm what show it is from. 

It's unclear, because it seems to be 2 shows, the Saskatoon and the Hartford, in 2 CDs and 1 DVD or something like that, it seems to have different editions. A translation from Google Translate:

GUNS N 'ROSES "ROSE IN THE WILD" (2CD + 1 DVD, BONUS 2 CD + 1 DVD, SPECIAL BONUS CDR, with limited number card, EVSD) 1993/3/26 SASKATOON & 1993/3/9 HARTFORD Limited 100 set with 25 sets .
The regular board is 9800 yen at 2CD + 1 DVD with only SASKATOON performance.

【1993/3/26 SASKATOON: DVD】
As announced as a pro shot video flowing out from stakeholders, it is very beautiful and high quality without discoloration.
The scene where you play a game full of breath with an acoustic set in the middle stage is the highlight.
The letters of "EVSD" at the top left are reflected all the time. To prevent copying, this is an unavoidable place

2 minutes ago, Fross said:

All i wanted from this kind of thing is UYI Tour pro-shots,i know they recorded every single show and considering some parts who exist on youtube that's  fucking gold.Wembley 91,Hartford 93, and many others.

I hope they release pro-shots in the future,i have no interest in these "new" songs.

Well case in point, IF you care about that other stuff, you DO have an investment in "Appetite Deluxe"..as how it performers will very much dictate how much in the future they pursue say the Illusions pro-shot things you desire ...

5 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Still wondering why the website is under the .FM url? Strange...

Axl bought an island in Micronesia with the profit from NITL?

Probably because GNR was available on .fm combined with fm is like fm radio.