Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I still say it is the Mike Clink version.

These type of things, big archival projects, serve a different purpose to normal studio albums. It is unfair to beat it over the head for being something it is not, namely a new original studio album. If this was between albums you'd say, ''this is a nice diversion''. I have to confess though that I owned all of the circulated 1986 demos, stuff like ''Welcome to the Jungle'' #3, on bootleg and never listened to them. I think it was because Appetite had such a brilliant sound that it always sounded very much inferior (it would've been different if they messed up Appetite's production like they did with Illusion). These things you tend to listen to once or twice and say ''that is interesting'' before chucking in a cupboard. How many people still listen to the Hollywood Rose thing?  

me!

but yeah, i dont listen to the demos except for a few ones like the acoustic ones which are brilliant!

19 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Damn, that means they will probably be shipping it out like they do the Nightrain packages. You think people get mad about an $80 Nightrain package, imagine when they start shipping $600-$700 packages 2 or 3 months after the release date :lol:

Yeah, considering the terrible customer experience I had trying to buy some 2016 NITL tour books for the staff a few years back there's no way I would ever buy something from that site again.  

Just now, Mr_Sparkle said:

I'm sure the remaster was made specifically tailored to take advantage of your alarm clocks magnificent sound system. 

Who cares what it's released on.  We're getting it, that's all that matters.  GnR has the Goldilocks fanbase for sure.

"This song is too new!"

"This song is too old!"

"This song is just right... but the format it was released on is wrong!"

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, but probably the only concert from that era that exists in such quality is The Ritz '88 and everyone has seen it 1000 times.

Maybe if they weren't one year late they could have released The Ritz '87 before it leaked. That would have been a true rarity, even though not in HD quality.

nobody knew ritz 87 existed until yesterday, right?

i deeply believe they must have at least a couple more professional video recordings from that era

if they dont, there is the melbourne show (pro shot) and one more (philadelphia?) also pro shot, right?

and whoever shot the paradise city video must have that entire show in film quality, right?

Edited by ludurigan

2 minutes ago, feli1269 said:

00:35 here in Argentina. 25 fuckin minutes. Hope that something will take place tommorow in the dots in the map, but i don't think so.

... Los puntos en el mapa son los pósters. Creo que lo discutimos hasta la muerte ya...

4 minutes ago, feli1269 said:

00:35 here in Argentina. 25 fuckin minutes. Hope that something will take place tommorow in the dots in the map, but i don't think so.

Really hope we get a national version of the boxset, just buying via Amazon gives me headache

3 minutes ago, Ama said:

Good morning everyone!! 5:37 am in Spain. I hope to start the day with a nice surprise 

lets hope the big announcement isn't that they are breaking up for good then 

• Haha 1

Just now, PhillyRose said:

Was listening to the Fred Coury remix of "Rocker" today .. I think that'd be a killer single to drop 

Unlikely given that Izzy never helped write it, and that it was never carried over to Guns (IIRC). It was a Rose and Weber song. SOYL was Rose, Stradlin and Tobias, and obviously was carried over into Guns. Makes more sense as a single in that instance.

I do like Rocker though, and Fred Coury done some great mixes on that album, even with SOYL.

• Like 1