Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

I'm very surprised at the reaction to this on here. I was genuinely scunnered that they were charging £850 for this, but thought they'd have sold 10,000 copies no bother. Going to by what I've been reading, they'll have a hard time selling them. Hopefully that means we'll see them significantly drop in price in 6 months 😂

7 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Does anyone know the size of the 'Locked N' Loaded' cabinet? Must be huge to fit all those things

I believe it's 12 inches by 12 inches by 12 inches.  I assume the posters will not be packaged inside.

Edited by estrangedtwat

I agree that the $999 price tag is steep but the $179 one is in my opinion fairly reasonably priced! 

As for the content on the discs, while I think it's a shame that Cornchucker and OIM isn't on there I get why they did it.

I also wish that the Arkeen songs like Crash Diet and Just Another Sunday should be included on the box set but I totally get why they aren't, they aren't GN'R songs and they have been having lots of problems with the Arkeen estate recently.

Why is nobody talking about the book btw, I'd pay $99 just for that! 

Overall I'm happy with the box set, would've liked it even more if they put a AFD Tour show (an uncirculated one) on the BluRay but that's just icing on the cake! :)

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

Just as a comparison, U2 will release the 30th anniversary box set of the Joshua Tree. Super Deluxe set is priced at $170. This is just a bit disappointing.  https://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=U2TWEBWWUSD&sku=U2T71595

To add on to that, the Stones have a vinyl set coming out 06/15 that's 20 LPs for $375

4 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Just as a comparison, U2 will release the 30th anniversary box set of the Joshua Tree. Super Deluxe set is priced at $170. This is just a bit disappointing.  https://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=U2TWEBWWUSD&sku=U2T71595

I have the CD version of the box; to be fair, the only goodies you get in it besides the music is just some shitty photograph books :lol: 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I bet he's single......

Might try telling my dad that he's not a 'proper adult' yet because he hasn't shelled out $1000 for some music, badges and temporary tattoos. I imagine the response won't be warm! 

I agree he's gone overboard. If he's been a fan 25 years ago he should remember Guns started as a people's band, with Axl boasting of his 'integrity'.

Times change, and the music industry certainly has. Records don't sell much, so this is probably the only way they can make money selling records; alongside touring for high prices. 

I don't hold Axl to his youthful rebelliousness, because we all change, and he's been pissed off about people releasing his material before its ready; in his view and most musicians, stealing their creativity and livelihoods. 

As I wrote in a recent poem: dream thieves without care, also take the nightmare! https://fmpoetry.wordpress.com/2018/04/27/mirror-poem-about-human-society-madness-reality-increasing-value-of-unconscious-inner-brain-sanity/

Looking at the FB comments on the $1k set, I've noticed the way that some people (who aren't going to buy it anyway), are justifying the price are saying "An I-Phone is $1k and you throw that away after a year". 

It's a weird comparison for sure. 

1 minute ago, Chris 55 said:

Looking at the FB comments on the $1k set, I've noticed the way that some people (who aren't going to buy it anyway), are justifying the price are saying "An I-Phone is $1k and you throw that away after a year". 

It's a weird comparison for sure. 

It's like saying "my car is $1K and it wears out after a few years" or "that 2 month all inclusive holiday is $1k and it's gone at the end of 2 months". Ludicrous comparisons. 

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's like saying "my car is $1K and it wears out after a few years" or "that 2 month all inclusive holiday is $1k and it's gone at the end of 2 months". Ludicrous comparisons. 

Seems like it's just trolling from non-fans who weren't buying the set to begin with. No matter the product, if people don't like the price of something, you'll always get these trolling comparisons. 

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

2 month all inclusive holiday for $1k?  I guess you'd be staying here....

Image result for crack motel

:lol:

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1