Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Disclaimer: I absolutely dont want to defent the price of $1k. Its about 50% too high. 

But I dont think the iphone comparison is that bad: The boxset as well as the iphone are luxury goods. No one of us needs them. No one of us HAS to buy them.  

Sure, most people would like to have them. But unfortunately not all are in the financial position to buy them. Thats life. Thats capitalism. Simple as that.

From my point of view the only mistake GNR made is that the vinyl will not be sold seperately or in a bundle with the book for - lets say - 300 bucks. This is what pisses me off. A CD/book bundle in 2018?! Come on! 

Edited by zigzagbigbag

9 hours ago, thunderram said:

No. That's considered UYI era stuff.

...And that box will follow (hopefully) in 3 years time and I imagine could be a lot more expansive....
THIS is a start at least...
ALSO - Those getting pissed about price, totally get ya! HOWEVER...wait a month or 2 and it'll go down to around 600-700$ for sure...
You'll see...

Edited by colonizedmind

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

They should atleast include locks of hair from each member at that price.

but damn, you complain about it in social media, the “hardcore” fans will attack you. Lol

1 hour ago, username said:

More like a cup of frozen semen.

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Would buy 10 copies!!!

:lol::lol: And I thought I had a problem with being obsessed.

7 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I was actually considering doing the $650 as well....but after realizing that this is basically Universal's way of cashing in on the reunion, I'm out as well.  I'll probably get the music when it streams on Amazon, which I subscribe to...so won't cost me anything more than what I already pay now. 

I've settled on the Super Deluxe. I want the book as well.

It seems many if us were willing to pay the $650.00. I'm wondering if the price of 1000 is really out of their hands and more the label.

I'd be curious to know where Mitch got the original price he mentioned from. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Clearly what the record company was hoping for.

I had a few people today tell me its new. Two out of the three I would have considered huge fans. Not everyone is into the internet one told me when I told him Shadow wasn't new.

Out of those three one is gonna pay the 1000. The other 2 preordered the Super Deluxe Edition.

My nephew who is 16 called to tell me that band I love released a sick arse new song. 

I'm loving that people of all ages are getting into the song I guess. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

I've settled on the Super Deluxe. I want the book as well.

It seems many if us were willing to pay the $650.00. I'm wondering if the price of 1000 is really out of their hands and more the label.

I'd be curious to know where Mitch got the original price he mentioned from. 

Nice!

I might hold off for a while.  I have a feeling the Locked & Loaded Version may not sell as well as they think.  Maybe it gets reduced to something like $500-$600 in a few months.  

For starters, they would need 10,000 super die hard fans.  Then, they would need 10,000 super die hard fans with $1k and willing to spend it on a GN'R box set.

It's one thing shelling out $1k for VIP seats when you haven't seen your favorite band after 25 years but it's another thing paying $1k for (essentially) a chest, some posters, stickers and an extra vinyl or two....when you can still get all of the music for $30. 

They may have seriously overestimated their market on this one.  I personally know a bunch of people that bought those VIP/$1k+ seats and I'd say the majority of them were casual fans (with money) that wanted to see them live and in good seats....no way those people are buying a $1k box set.

Anyway, I guess we'll see soon enough.

32 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

Seems like it's just trolling from non-fans who weren't buying the set to begin with. No matter the product, if people don't like the price of something, you'll always get these trolling comparisons. 

Oh no I have a friend who is buying the 1000 version and he actually told me if he can spend 300 on a pair of shoes then he can spend 1000 on this.

When I told him I was in for the 650. He laughed and said the difference is only a new pair of shoes or two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Nice!

I might hold off for a while.  I have a feeling the Locked & Loaded Version may not sell as well as they think.  Maybe it gets reduced to something like $500-$600 in a few months.  

For starters, they would need 10,000 super die hard fans.  Then, they would need 10,000 super die hard fans with $1k and willing to spend it on a GN'R box set.

It's one thing shelling out $1k for VIP seats when you haven't seen your favorite band after 25 years but it's another thing paying $1k for (essentially) a chest, some posters, stickers and an extra vinyl or two....when you can still get all of the music for $30. 

They may have seriously overestimated their market on this one.  I personally know a bunch of people that bought those VIP/$1k+ seats and I'd say the majority of them were casual fans (with money) that wanted to see them live and in good seats....no way those people are buying a $1k box set.

Anyway, I guess we'll see soon enough.

You might have a point there. I think I'm gonna try to hold out before reserving mine as well.

I was intending to do it today but waiting a while longer won't hurt anything.

If I can get that bix set a few hundred cheaper I'll jump on it if not back to Super with the book.

By the way...the mix is in good hands.... (5.1)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Scheiner

5 minutes ago, danijel00 said:

I don't know if it's funny or sad to see how many people think that this is actually a new song in youtube comments

If they play it live a bit this summer, I guess it may as well be a new song again...
Hope to see it, it would be a cool opener actually, fast little rocker !

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

You might have a point there. I think I'm gonna try to hold out before reserving mine as well.

I was intending to do it today but waiting a while longer won't hurt anything.

If I can get that bix set a few hundred cheaper I'll jump on it if not back to Super with the book.

Yeah, there's no rush for me.  The 179 version isn't "limited" in quantity so it will be around when I'm ready if I don't get the Locked & Loaded version....and I can stream the music on Amazon when it's released.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, danijel00 said:

I don't know if it's funny or sad to see how many people think that this is actually a new song in youtube comments

Like I said, I really do think that was the whole point.

This was probably the most "complete" song they had that didn't get a lot of exposure.  Only die hards remember it as a b-side.  Most of the casuals who went to NITL probably didn't know the non-single album tracks like Double Talkin Jive or even Rocket Queen.....they're there for the greatest hits only.

If people aren't even familiar with the "deep cuts" on the album then of course they're not gonna know an obscure b-side that was only ever released in demo form on a CD single, and as a live track on a Japan-only EP.

• Like 1

This will sell no problem. To the people hundreds and thousands of people who hoovered up all the Early entry NITL tickets. If you’re willing to drop on that, chances are you’ll be willing to drop on this. It does have a uniqueness factor, who cares if you don’t own a record player or have any use for the transfer tattoos, it’s in a cool box and has tonnes of cool artwork. It’s a piece of history really (recently produce lithos aside).